• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:19
CEST 04:19
KST 11:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8930 users

Age of Empires Online - Page 8

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 21 Next All
ClysmiC
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States2192 Posts
April 16 2011 18:16 GMT
#141
Its going to fail, because you have the option of buying more powerful items etc.

So while it is free 2 play, it's pay 2 win.
Mahs
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands171 Posts
April 16 2011 18:16 GMT
#142
I've also been in the beta for a few months, it was quite disappointing. There's a lot of typical Age of Empires thingies, so if you're a fan of the genre there's quite a few things you'll love seeing again, the problem is that it's just a big string of extremely repetitive quests. The gameplay isn't very exciting at all.
I'll be in my bunk.
Euronyme
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden3804 Posts
April 16 2011 20:09 GMT
#143
Hm. Just found out about this game from this OP. Cool.
I'll check out the beta, even though it seems fairly closed atm. It looks f*cking awful though, but what do I know. Feel free to PM me if you know how to get in somehow, or if you could lend me an account for a couple of days
Just judging from the name 'aoe online' I get the picture that you're on a big ass maps with tonnes of other players, kind of like world of warcraft, but RTS.. kind of sounds ridiculous come to think of it. What's the gameplay like?
I bet i can maı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨̨̨̨̨̨ke you wipe your screen.
OoFuzer
Profile Joined July 2008
Chile436 Posts
April 16 2011 20:29 GMT
#144
On April 17 2011 02:49 TickTockBoom wrote:
Problem with AoE back when it was like 1,2 and 3 was that it was too complicated for online play imo. With all the different resources and upgrades, it was made to be a single player game. Sort of like Rise of Nations.

lol :S AoC is one of the most online rts game played. Now World Clan League is running with 7k dollars for prizes (www.aoczone.net for more info).

Also you can play at www,voobly.com 2500 people playing everyday.
DerNebel
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Denmark648 Posts
April 16 2011 20:33 GMT
#145
On April 17 2011 05:09 Euronyme wrote:
Hm. Just found out about this game from this OP. Cool.
I'll check out the beta, even though it seems fairly closed atm. It looks f*cking awful though, but what do I know. Feel free to PM me if you know how to get in somehow, or if you could lend me an account for a couple of days
Just judging from the name 'aoe online' I get the picture that you're on a big ass maps with tonnes of other players, kind of like world of warcraft, but RTS.. kind of sounds ridiculous come to think of it. What's the gameplay like?

I said it before in this thread, but I'm going to say it again: Don't bother, it's a waste of time.

This game might be called "Age of Empires", but it has nothing to do with the great games of the series. Gameplay amounts to dumbed down mechanics, tutorial missions and a STRONG sense of deja vu every time you open up a new mission. There is no real multiplayer for hours after you boot up the game and the multiplayer that does exist feels like they killed AoE2 and through evil magicks resurrected a hideous abomination from its carcass.

So, in short: This game is horrible, WILL tank horribly upon realease, and the only purpose it serves is to feed a bunch of incompetent game developers and their families.
Incognoto
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
France10239 Posts
April 16 2011 20:44 GMT
#146
On April 17 2011 01:30 Aukai wrote:
I've reinstalled AOE2:AoK and The Conquerors =) I've been playing through the campaign but I don't know where I can play this online =[ I know the msn is no longer support multiplayer.


http://www.voobly.com/home

That's where everyone plays AoC, and it's got decent activity too.
maru lover forever
Slakkoo
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Sweden1119 Posts
April 16 2011 20:44 GMT
#147
Im in the closed beta atm, but can't say anything since I'm under the NDA
valaki
Profile Joined June 2009
Hungary2476 Posts
April 16 2011 22:10 GMT
#148
On April 17 2011 05:44 Slakkoo wrote:
Im in the closed beta atm, but can't say anything since I'm under the NDA


Good or bad? just that
ggaemo fan
KaiserJohan
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden1808 Posts
April 16 2011 22:36 GMT
#149
Offtopic but while we are talking AoE, man Rise of Nations 1 was such a badass game
England will fight to the last American
dUTtrOACh
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada2339 Posts
April 16 2011 22:54 GMT
#150
Cool. Age of Evony... Looks like a pile of garbage. Sad, sad day.
twitch.tv/duttroach
Gentso
Profile Joined July 2010
United States2218 Posts
April 16 2011 22:54 GMT
#151
On April 17 2011 07:10 valaki wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2011 05:44 Slakkoo wrote:
Im in the closed beta atm, but can't say anything since I'm under the NDA


Good or bad? just that


I may or may not have the beta or played it... it's bad. : |
GGTeMpLaR
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States7226 Posts
April 16 2011 22:56 GMT
#152
ahh I really wanna try this so bad but haven't gotten beta yet

always loved AoE games
Laids
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom596 Posts
April 16 2011 23:09 GMT
#153
I can't believe such a piece of shit is using the name AoE, fucking disgrace.
Dooba
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Croatia588 Posts
April 16 2011 23:11 GMT
#154
Looks crappy, meh. : /
"Zergs are really stronger. I use to win 60-70%, now it is 40-50. I am switching to civilization 5 for now until any terran can come up with a better tactics."
DannyJ
Profile Joined March 2010
United States5110 Posts
April 16 2011 23:13 GMT
#155
The part i thought i disliked most (the graphics) are actually the part i LIKE most. I'm not sure if that means the graphics grew on me or the game is just that bad... probably both.
Zulban
Profile Joined September 2010
United States7 Posts
April 16 2011 23:26 GMT
#156
i don't think the game is that bad... The actual game is almost exactly like AoE2. Though I guess you have to like PvE, and well this being teamliquid... yeah...
Incognoto
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
France10239 Posts
April 17 2011 19:07 GMT
#157
On April 17 2011 08:26 Zulban wrote:
i don't think the game is that bad... The actual game is almost exactly like AoE2. Though I guess you have to like PvE, and well this being teamliquid... yeah...


It's not just the people at TL who dislike the game. :s
maru lover forever
Stuif
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands6 Posts
April 19 2011 08:38 GMT
#158
Not sure if I can voice my opinion on the game outside of the beta boards, but I guess they won't mind some positive attention for once. I actually quite like the way they're going, sure the farmville aspect is not for competitive gamers - but the pvp is actually quite good, and plays just like age of mythology and age of empires 2. It's just the gear, but that works just like WoW - you just need to farm the best gear before you can get competitive in arena. Tournaments will just have "standard" sets I suppose. Still, it's not the way the usual RTS works - but it's actually quite fun once you get into playing pvp. The graphics are kind of lame, but it's not a dealbreaker for most people and I'm sure many peopl like this style over a realistic style.
Pax
Profile Joined August 2010
United States175 Posts
April 19 2011 09:12 GMT
#159
I'm in the beta too. A lot of people complain as if this were one of those silly little marketing gimmicks some publishers like to call "betas". This is a full fledged beta, and everything is subject to change.

That being said, I personally enjoyed it for a little while, but the simplification of the controls wore on me. Maybe I've been spoiled by Starcraft 2's fluid and precise unit movements, but the absence of important unit control buttons like stop and hold fire are very frustrating.
"Mankind censure injustice fearing that they may be the victims of it, and not because they shrink from committing it." -Plato
PeZuY
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
935 Posts
April 19 2011 09:19 GMT
#160
lol reminds me of travian real time xD
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 21 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 166
NeuroSwarm 159
FoxeR 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1468
Leta 805
Bale 91
League of Legends
Doublelift4547
Other Games
summit1g8009
JimRising 542
ViBE171
WinterStarcraft4
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick678
BasetradeTV192
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 106
• davetesta16
• Light_VIP 14
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra947
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 41m
Patches Events
12h 41m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 41m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 41m
OSC
20h 41m
OSC
1d 9h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.