• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:19
CEST 04:19
KST 11:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8930 users

Age of Empires Online - Page 7

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 21 Next All
agarangu
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Chile274 Posts
January 27 2011 20:46 GMT
#121
It's one of those life draining games if you get to like it. I think I'll pass, two life draining games might destroy me.
What's a quote anyway?
DreamScaR
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Canada2127 Posts
January 27 2011 21:03 GMT
#122
I'm jealous of those that managed to get a beta key. While you're all saying it's crap, it's still be nice to give it a sniff to know for sure.
~ Aka ItsWoodrow on Twitter
Faruep
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Germany100 Posts
January 28 2011 15:00 GMT
#123
On January 28 2011 06:03 DreamScaR wrote:
I'm jealous of those that managed to get a beta key. While you're all saying it's crap, it's still be nice to give it a sniff to know for sure.


i feel the same way. while all the critisicm might be legit, its still "only" a browser game that is supposed to be played casually!
I joined at their site ages ago, but still dont have a beta key. I will probably have to wait until this is released
DannyJ
Profile Joined March 2010
United States5110 Posts
January 28 2011 15:24 GMT
#124
On January 29 2011 00:00 faryn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2011 06:03 DreamScaR wrote:
I'm jealous of those that managed to get a beta key. While you're all saying it's crap, it's still be nice to give it a sniff to know for sure.


i feel the same way. while all the critisicm might be legit, its still "only" a browser game that is supposed to be played casually!
I joined at their site ages ago, but still dont have a beta key. I will probably have to wait until this is released


Yeah thats what i thought too. I didn't expect much, but thought it might be fun casually. Honestly though, it's just not enjoyable on any level at any time. I found nothing "casual" about the convoluted MMO crap it was drenched in, or the insanely boring and repetitive quests you had to do.

It's 100% not worth anyones time.
acidfreak
Profile Joined November 2010
Romania352 Posts
January 28 2011 15:34 GMT
#125
Sad way to milk AoE imo.
You can't out-think the swarm, you can't out-maneuver the swarm, and you certainly can't break the morale of the swarm.
Faruep
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Germany100 Posts
January 28 2011 19:17 GMT
#126
is there a way you can invite a friend (maybe me?^^) to the beta, DannyJ?
like a giveaway friends key or smth similar?
GGTeMpLaR
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States7226 Posts
January 28 2011 19:22 GMT
#127
On January 28 2011 06:03 DreamScaR wrote:
I'm jealous of those that managed to get a beta key. While you're all saying it's crap, it's still be nice to give it a sniff to know for sure.


I feel like this lol because it looked cool and I wanted to try it, so I'm jealous of all the people with beta who aren't using it cause they don't like it =(
heishe
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany2284 Posts
February 06 2011 12:22 GMT
#128
So does anybody in here have a beta account who doesn't use it and is willing to let others try? Would be awesome
If you value your soul, never look into the eye of a horse. Your soul will forever be lost in the void of the horse.
hagon
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom556 Posts
February 06 2011 12:50 GMT
#129
On February 06 2011 21:22 heishe wrote:
So does anybody in here have a beta account who doesn't use it and is willing to let others try? Would be awesome


I dont think its possible, the account is locked to a Windows Live Account + you had to sign up to unbelievably long NDA/EULA. And, I know you want to try it out for yourself, but as a long time Age2 player I only know a couple of people still giving AoEObeta the time of day. Its just bad.
whisp91
Profile Joined April 2010
87 Posts
February 06 2011 13:37 GMT
#130
Looks like they stole quite alot from Age of Myhology.
Google made me smart and Photoshop made me beautiful.
dragonblade369
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada464 Posts
March 25 2011 17:23 GMT
#131
I'm going to revive this thread for some discussions.

Any TLers got into the beta? I got mine yesterday and I'm kind of disappointed.

For one, I hate doing single player stuffs, the fact that you are forced to play single player in the form of quests kind of annoys me.

At least I *finally* unlocked multiplayer. I lost my first game though
Slidd
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
29 Posts
April 16 2011 10:45 GMT
#132
On March 26 2011 02:23 dragonblade369 wrote:
I'm going to revive this thread for some discussions.

Any TLers got into the beta? I got mine yesterday and I'm kind of disappointed.

For one, I hate doing single player stuffs, the fact that you are forced to play single player in the form of quests kind of annoys me.

At least I *finally* unlocked multiplayer. I lost my first game though


Got mine yesterday, just got round to installing it today. I doubt I will like it but no harm in trying it.
Incognoto
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
France10239 Posts
April 16 2011 11:05 GMT
#133
Stop wasting your times and get Age of Empires III, The Asian Dynasties, install the Fanpatch, get on voobly and play THAT. Or AoK.

aoeo? just a joke
maru lover forever
EdwardStarcraft
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
119 Posts
April 16 2011 11:15 GMT
#134
Just got into the beta today. Can't release info, but we'll see how it is =]
Please follow me @EdwardStarcraft on Twitter, Facebook, and Youtube!
OoFuzer
Profile Joined July 2008
Chile436 Posts
April 16 2011 15:49 GMT
#135
i got mine yesterday. Im dissapointed :/
floor exercise
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Canada5847 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-16 15:52:16
April 16 2011 15:51 GMT
#136
I've been in for a few months, there's just nothing to talk about. Graphically I think it looks cool and all, and there's some ideas that are interesting but in general everything about it horribly implemented/executed
Aukai
Profile Joined April 2003
United States1183 Posts
April 16 2011 16:30 GMT
#137
I've reinstalled AOE2:AoK and The Conquerors =) I've been playing through the campaign but I don't know where I can play this online =[ I know the msn is no longer support multiplayer.
There was one really amazing gal. She was one of the biggest chick i ever seen.
sinani206
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1959 Posts
April 16 2011 17:47 GMT
#138
I just got my beta key. YAY!
literally everything is wifom just shut the fuck up
TickTockBoom
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada185 Posts
April 16 2011 17:49 GMT
#139
Problem with AoE back when it was like 1,2 and 3 was that it was too complicated for online play imo. With all the different resources and upgrades, it was made to be a single player game. Sort of like Rise of Nations.
IGN: Cupine Char: 945, Sometimes we have to let BW go, and proceed on.
Madkipz
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Norway1643 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-16 18:05:30
April 16 2011 18:05 GMT
#140
Im sure if they do it well enough it can catch on similar to league of legends etc.

wtb beta :d
"Mudkip"
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 21 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 166
NeuroSwarm 159
FoxeR 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1468
Leta 805
Bale 91
League of Legends
Doublelift4547
Other Games
summit1g8009
JimRising 542
ViBE171
WinterStarcraft4
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick678
BasetradeTV192
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 106
• davetesta16
• Light_VIP 14
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra947
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 41m
Patches Events
12h 41m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 41m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 41m
OSC
20h 41m
OSC
1d 9h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.