• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:47
CEST 15:47
KST 22:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War485.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7922 users

Age of Empires Online - Page 5

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 19 20 21 Next All
bobbingmatt
Profile Joined June 2010
Australia224 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-30 12:45:57
August 30 2010 12:31 GMT
#81
I first played AoE when i was six, i now own aoe1, aoe2, aoe3 and aom.
I was REALLY disappointed when i found Ensemble was shut down and I will defiantly be getting this although it looks really crap right now :S
no
TekKpriest
Profile Joined March 2010
308 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-31 00:07:01
August 31 2010 00:06 GMT
#82
On August 30 2010 21:28 Tharros wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2010 21:19 TekKpriest wrote:
It's a good game.

the NDA forbids to say anything more :>

Your playing in the beta then?


actually it was alpha, but yes
A Man chooses, a slave obeys
Hidden_MotiveS
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada2562 Posts
August 31 2010 01:02 GMT
#83
I'm still not convinced. At the end of the third walkthrough vid he says that a lot of hardcore fans were concerned but that the game was still there with some "cool things on top".

I guess I'll have to try the beta.
thopol
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Japan4560 Posts
August 31 2010 01:15 GMT
#84
Fuck, I hope this gets canceled. The trailer looks fake...

The info I've just read makes it look like Ao3 but with really shitty graphics. They're raping the corpse of the second best franchise ever.
R2D2C3PO
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada105 Posts
August 31 2010 01:43 GMT
#85
Anyone played Shattered Galaxy before? It is basically the same thing but with Starcraft like units. Played that games religiously for a few summers... Amazing game but there was never much hype behind it...
iEchoic
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1776 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-31 01:57:23
August 31 2010 01:51 GMT
#86
I was really hoping Ensemble would revive the greatest RTS of all time, AoE II, in a new incarnation similar to how Blizzard put together SC2. SC2 didn't take too many risks, just took a beloved game and polished it and gave it a nice facelift with some new features. Instead we get this. Gah.

I would have KILLED for a remake of AoEII. I hope the 1v1 competitive scene still works and is unhindered by this MMO-style whatever-stuff.

I guess the only thing killing me is the art direction. I don't know enough about the gameplay, but the art direction is extremely disappointing.
vileEchoic -- clanvile.com
DannyJ
Profile Joined March 2010
United States5110 Posts
August 31 2010 02:10 GMT
#87
On August 31 2010 10:51 iEchoic wrote:
I was really hoping Ensemble would revive the greatest RTS of all time, AoE II, in a new incarnation similar to how Blizzard put together SC2. SC2 didn't take too many risks, just took a beloved game and polished it and gave it a nice facelift with some new features. Instead we get this. Gah.

I would have KILLED for a remake of AoEII. I hope the 1v1 competitive scene still works and is unhindered by this MMO-style whatever-stuff.

I guess the only thing killing me is the art direction. I don't know enough about the gameplay, but the art direction is extremely disappointing.



Yeah i really wish they'd just pull a SC2 with the AoE franchise. I have a feeling this game can't possibly have the depth or scale of AoE2.

The size of AOE was what i liked the most. I want the option to make a game with giant expanses of forests that take like 30 minutes to tunnel through, or just massive maps in general. I'm sure having to develop games in 3d greatly hinders that.

AoEO SEEMS to have potential. As long as it has a traditional AoE feel I'll be happy. Let's just hope the maps aren't too constrained and the unit variety is big enough.

Also, most importantly, i hope there is like a real balanced, equal PvP mode. I don't want to have to fight some dude who has better units just because he played hte game longer or bought some item, in true MMO fashion. They haven't really said anything in regards to multiplayer yet.


thopol
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Japan4560 Posts
August 31 2010 02:26 GMT
#88
Ok, so I looked into it more and while I'm still disappointed with it I'm not going to knock it just yet. It does seem to have some potential (though the art.....).

There's still an age2 competitive scene?
OoFuzer
Profile Joined July 2008
Chile436 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-02 00:29:35
September 02 2010 00:26 GMT
#89
My first impresion was : "Fuck u Robot Entertainment", I didnt like graphics. But then, I read some about gameplay, and it is not like a 24/7 game.

You will have the chance to do quests (campaigns). By quest you can earn some stuff like items and buildings that can improve your PvP duels, like cards in AoE III. But you will have to do solo-quest and multiplayer quest to obtain some items. At your Capital, everyone could visit it, and buy whatever you have (wood, gold, stone, items etc) so thats the 24/7 feature, but it is apart of PvP mode. Also and the most exciting feature, is that AoEO will have AoC (age of empires II: The Conquerors) gameplay core.

Microsoft has hired some AoE III proplayers for playtesters, to check balance of civs and units. I will give AoEO a chance.

On August 31 2010 11:26 thopol wrote:
Ok, so I looked into it more and while I'm still disappointed with it I'm not going to knock it just yet. It does seem to have some potential (though the art.....).

There's still an age2 competitive scene?

Is the most active of AoE serie. check www.aoczone.net , the main community
also you can play at www.voobly.com , with ELO ranking.
wozjflwnl
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada344 Posts
September 02 2010 00:38 GMT
#90
im hoping to get in beta. it looks pretty nice and if its very similar to aoe3 then im hooked.
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
September 02 2010 00:48 GMT
#91
I'm gonna wait until this comes out officially, because I'm not willing to redownload builds gigabytes in size. Can't wait to play, it looks damn good.
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
Carras
Profile Joined August 2010
Argentina860 Posts
September 02 2010 00:58 GMT
#92
Aoe 2 (AoC) GREATEST RTS EVER CONCIEVED.. (yep even better than bw)
we ll have to see if SC2 can top aoc.. not doing it yet.. crappy BNET, to limited..
agtemd
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada362 Posts
September 02 2010 01:18 GMT
#93
I don't really understand all the hate for it, it's still most of the ensemble studios guys making it.
It's still the same type of resource collecting into army type game from what it looks like with quest and stuff for a home city mechanic like in aoe3. In my opinion the art style looks fine though i could understand why people wouldn't like it but look at tf2, a great game with cartoony graphics and people love it.

Carras
Profile Joined August 2010
Argentina860 Posts
September 02 2010 01:20 GMT
#94
Aoc , has SOOO MUCH MORE MACRO (we call it eco) than bw.. and i think i bit more of micro.. ( a microed much more there, but maybe i havnt got the hang on sc2 micro yet)
Still,SC needed wayy higher apm .. (concept doesnt even exist there)
Hidden_MotiveS
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada2562 Posts
September 02 2010 02:01 GMT
#95
On September 02 2010 09:26 OoFuzer wrote:

Show nested quote +
On August 31 2010 11:26 thopol wrote:
Ok, so I looked into it more and while I'm still disappointed with it I'm not going to knock it just yet. It does seem to have some potential (though the art.....).

There's still an age2 competitive scene?

Is the most active of AoE serie. check www.aoczone.net , the main community
also you can play at www.voobly.com , with ELO ranking.

You sure? I'm pretty sure AoE3 has a higher population, what's the size in # of people online?
DannyJ
Profile Joined March 2010
United States5110 Posts
September 02 2010 02:19 GMT
#96
On September 02 2010 09:38 Stretsful wrote:
im hoping to get in beta. it looks pretty nice and if its very similar to aoe3 then im hooked.


I think their entire goal is to make it NOT like AoE3.
GiantEnemyCrab
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada503 Posts
September 02 2010 02:38 GMT
#97
if they just improve the graphics of AoE2 with good online system matchmaking and balance out the races it would be one of the best rts
mongols are so OP just get like 10 manudais and micro the crap outta em
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
OoFuzer
Profile Joined July 2008
Chile436 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-02 03:24:43
September 02 2010 03:24 GMT
#98
On September 02 2010 11:01 Hidden_MotiveS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 02 2010 09:26 OoFuzer wrote:

On August 31 2010 11:26 thopol wrote:
Ok, so I looked into it more and while I'm still disappointed with it I'm not going to knock it just yet. It does seem to have some potential (though the art.....).

There's still an age2 competitive scene?

Is the most active of AoE serie. check www.aoczone.net , the main community
also you can play at www.voobly.com , with ELO ranking.

You sure? I'm pretty sure AoE3 has a higher population, what's the size in # of people online?

people online doesnt mean more active. For example, AoEIII can reach 1500 players online, AoC at voobly reach 1400 max (800 rm + 600 cs players) but talking about scene, AoE III is dead. Last AoE III tourney had a 500US prize pool , last Brain Champion Cup (AoC tourney) was 10,000 prize pool. And AoC has more clans, more leagues, much tourneys ( now, 5 tourneys are running). Also China has their own community, that is BIGGER than occident community, with their own tourneys, leagues, etc. (as Korea is for BW)
Incognoto
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
France10239 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-29 20:20:07
October 29 2010 20:17 GMT
#99
Aoe3's activity is reduced as of now (thanks to SC2) but it's not completely dead.

I also don't see how Aoe3 is a bad game. There are some flaws and some things that could be better but all in all it's a good RTS. :/


Edit, btw as for AoeO, they're totally taking the wrong direction imo. Look what Blizzard did. They did a remake of the successful BW. SC2 is an excellent RTS. Robot Entertainment's AoeO looks more like Farmville than AoC. ):
maru lover forever
DannyJ
Profile Joined March 2010
United States5110 Posts
October 29 2010 20:45 GMT
#100
On October 30 2010 05:17 Incognoto wrote:
Aoe3's activity is reduced as of now (thanks to SC2) but it's not completely dead.

I also don't see how Aoe3 is a bad game. There are some flaws and some things that could be better but all in all it's a good RTS. :/


Edit, btw as for AoeO, they're totally taking the wrong direction imo. Look what Blizzard did. They did a remake of the successful BW. SC2 is an excellent RTS. Robot Entertainment's AoeO looks more like Farmville than AoC. ):


According to them they are doing just like Blizzard did. Just because it has a different look doesn't mean it plays differently.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 19 20 21 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 317
TKL 237
CranKy Ducklings138
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Serral 1197
Lowko529
TKL 237
ProTech117
Rex 117
MindelVK 20
EmSc Tv 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 59741
Free 2284
Horang2 309
firebathero 242
Zeus 173
Last 101
Hyun 87
Pusan 80
ToSsGirL 80
910 53
[ Show more ]
Trap 37
soO 28
Aegong 21
Rock 20
Yoon 16
Noble 15
scan(afreeca) 14
Sacsri 11
Icarus 10
Dota 2
Gorgc6834
Dendi935
XaKoH 422
canceldota67
Counter-Strike
fl0m773
Other Games
gofns41061
singsing2294
B2W.Neo480
byalli391
Mlord302
Pyrionflax286
Beastyqt234
ToD185
DeMusliM93
Liquid`VortiX91
QueenE70
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV211
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 0
EmSc2Tv 0
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 25
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2861
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1605
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
3h 13m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5h 13m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 13m
Patches Events
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
OSC
1d 9h
OSC
1d 22h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.