• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:44
CEST 18:44
KST 01:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)70Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6440 users

Minecraft thread - Page 51

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 49 50 51 52 53 60 Next
Phayze
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada2029 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-14 17:21:03
November 14 2010 17:20 GMT
#1001
holy crap I just bought this game, It's over 1000!!! (1000th post in this thread)

Not going to lie, this is an amazing game. I'm going to have to try out the TL server, as of now, me and a few friends are fine on one i'm currently hosting.
Proud member of the LGA-1366 Core-i7 4Ghz Club
Armstrong
Profile Joined October 2010
United States50 Posts
November 17 2010 07:59 GMT
#1002
lol I might have to get this: http://kotaku.com/5691896/play-minecraft-on-your-fridge
DannyJ
Profile Joined March 2010
United States5110 Posts
November 18 2010 05:19 GMT
#1003
Ugh i tried to stay away from this game but i couldnt. Now i can't stop making my castle...
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-18 06:51:10
November 18 2010 06:50 GMT
#1004
[image loading]
[image loading]

hahaha this is entertaining
Xife
Profile Joined September 2009
224 Posts
November 20 2010 01:29 GMT
#1005
http://notch.tumblr.com/post/1619400201/status-of-smp-health

Hooray ? :D Patch coming next week to fix HP in SMP!
QuanticHawk
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States32159 Posts
November 26 2010 19:52 GMT
#1006
If you guys have not tried the MCMapper dungeon mod, you are missing out. It's an entirely new wrinkle in a fucking amazing game.

I've also started just collecting skins to try. Plumber pack is a Mario texture pack that is awesome.
PROFESSIONAL GAMER - SEND ME OFFERS TO JOIN YOUR TEAM - USA USA USA
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
November 28 2010 21:43 GMT
#1007
On November 11 2010 20:45 Defeat wrote:
I don't know if this has been posted here but there is a guy making a computer inside minecraft. Really really amazing and informative imo.





Wow, that's really cool!!! Wish I knew more about computers so I could appreciate it more though, haha.

I think I'm finally gonna dig up my pre-paid card to grab Minecraft, been meaning to for a while.
you gotta dance
.Aar
Profile Joined September 2010
2177 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-28 22:40:51
November 28 2010 22:32 GMT
#1008
If my framerate is laughably bad playing the in-browser version, the downloaded exe will probably be terrible, too, right?

I have an awesome desktop that can for sure run this with no problem (hell, it could probably run a couple instances with no problem) but it'd be nice to waste time with this with my laptop, too..

This thread basically pushed me, I think I'm going to go ahead and buy it right now. I'm not too interested in multiplayer, though, and combat.. meh. :/ I just want to build things haha

..I want to rebuild Kanto. From Pokemon. As much as I can of it. Oh, god. I can feel my hours slipping away..

I NEED TO FIND A JOB WHAT AM I DOING HERE
now run into the setting sun, and suffer, but don't mess up your hair.
Vortok
Profile Joined December 2009
United States830 Posts
November 29 2010 20:48 GMT
#1009
So I haven't played in awhile, between the monster spawns being messed up, leaves not respawning (just irritating to manually clear them all), and hearing that some of the nether stuff wasn't fully working.

Decided to link my main base (near spawn), with my other one that was a result of the standard "let's run in a direction for awhile, away from spawn, and then start anew!" phase, which takes something like 2 ingame days to walk to.

[image loading]

Built a portal at my main base just fine. Practically had a spot for it lined up by accident before I even knew he was gonna make the nether. Worked fine (was worried it might make a new portal when I came back to the main gameworld, far away from the one I made). I then trekked all the way over to my second base, climbed to the top of the mountain it was built into (where I built a lava tower previously to serve as a beacon), went through it.... and it put me at the nether entrance of the first gate. Gate at the second base doesn't have a linked gateway in the nether.

Decided to trek back a different way using boats, instead of running over all the mountains and went a slightly different way. Found 5 pumpkins due to generating new chunks by taking a different route (wide turn as opposed to mostly straight line). Came across this natural channel (opens to ocean on one end only) fairly close to the second base. Who wants to bet it's 16 blocks across? Heh.

[image loading]


Poked around the Minecraft forums and in the bug report thread one guy mentioned that he had found that you have to create portals alternating between the overworld and the nether to avoid the above problem. Made a portal in the nether, which made a new one in the overworld and they seemed to be linked correctly.

Trekked back to base #2 again (timed it, took me just shy of 10 minutes to walk there) and then backed up the world, walked through the portal, still linked to spawn. Restored back up (to avoid walking for another 10 minutes), deactivated portal (mined an obsidian and then replaced it), relit the obsidian to activate it again and tried going through once more and still landed back at spawn.

Restored again using this backup program - http://code.google.com/p/minecraftdesktop/ that I found. Takes a couple minutes on my computer to restore/create/delete backups (seriously, how hard is it to copy/delete 25mb?) but otherwise works fairly well and has a few extra texture pack related features.

Destroyed the portal, walked to the other side of the mountain top (2-3 chunks away), rebuilt it, still led back to the main spawn. Left that one up, built another portal at ground level, same problem. Didn't feel like trying any harder after that.


MisterD
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Germany1338 Posts
November 29 2010 21:04 GMT
#1010
copying 25mb isnt hard.

copying 25mb split up over 30000 separate files is, though.
Gold isn't everything in life... you need wood, too!
Whole
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States6046 Posts
November 30 2010 03:04 GMT
#1011
Minecraft in Real Life

Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
November 30 2010 03:23 GMT
#1012
..I want to rebuild Kanto. From Pokemon. As much as I can of it. Oh, god. I can feel my hours slipping away..

I NEED TO FIND A JOB WHAT AM I DOING HERE


luckily somebody already did that:

.Aar
Profile Joined September 2010
2177 Posts
November 30 2010 08:23 GMT
#1013
On November 30 2010 12:23 Kyuukyuu wrote:
Show nested quote +
..I want to rebuild Kanto. From Pokemon. As much as I can of it. Oh, god. I can feel my hours slipping away..

I NEED TO FIND A JOB WHAT AM I DOING HERE


luckily somebody already did that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZG_huoo7CM


uberfrown.

Oh well, I'm content to just play normally and build an awesome, safe little house hidden in a mountain with a few guest rooms and stuff, and a makeshift plumbing system leading to the ocean..

Anyone else come up with random scenarios in their heads? My house is so carefully constructed that it accounts for my every single one of my little quirks and phobias; it's basically my dream house, minus the people ]:

I refuse to use map/inventory editors or anything that will break this fantasy!
now run into the setting sun, and suffer, but don't mess up your hair.
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
December 01 2010 05:48 GMT
#1014
Vortok
Profile Joined December 2009
United States830 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-02 03:22:30
December 02 2010 03:17 GMT
#1015
So I left the portals up and decided to try to connect via making a portal in the nether to link to the base. After some rough estimation I popped out reasonably close. Was near a large body of water, which turned out to be almost directly across from base 2. Was able to see the lava tower lighthouse about when I got to land on the other side (saw mountain that went way into the sky, figured there weren't many and that it was near mine - woo).

Went back into the portal, mined the one in the nether and mined through more of those red blocks for awhile. Came out in an underground cave, which happened to be underneath the ocean halfway to the base. Made/placed a ladder to stop the flood and a lantern so I'd be able to find it from the ocean surface later. Mined further, placed it again and it actually connected to the ground level portal at the base. Walked back in and that portal led to the right spot this time instead of the portal that leads to spawn. Huzzah.


Moral: After you make your first portal, try to make the rest from the nether side. Making one at your destination isn't a bad idea so that the one you eventually make in the nether connects right where you want it to, but overworld portals don't seem to spawn portals in the nether past the first one.

I went back to the first two spots I came out. The undersea portal (I quite like undersea bases, once I discovered ladders stop water - the light makes them easy to find from the water surface, too) led back to the nether portal now linked to base 2's portal which currently makes it an easy shortcut back to base after exploring it. The first portal made next to the ocean is also linked to base 2's portal. I might mine that one down for the free 10 14 obsidian later, hard to say.
Angra
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States2652 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-02 03:27:07
December 02 2010 03:24 GMT
#1016
This game is so much fun. I started playing a few months ago but had to take a ~1 month break because I burned myself out playing so much haha.

I'm playing again now though. I'm planning on eventually making (or trying to make at least) a recreation of Balamb Garden from Final Fantasy VIII in my current single player game.. which is going to take literally until the end of time, but it's at least something to work for.
QuanticHawk
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States32159 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-08 19:35:14
December 08 2010 19:33 GMT
#1017
On December 02 2010 12:17 Vortok wrote:
Moral: After you make your first portal, try to make the rest from the nether side. Making one at your destination isn't a bad idea so that the one you eventually make in the nether connects right where you want it to, but overworld portals don't seem to spawn portals in the nether past the first one.


Hahahahaha, I just went through this same exact problem over the past week or so. This paragraph I quoted is correct.

The very first portal you make will spit you out in The Nether. All portals that you create in the normal world after this, no matter how far, will all spit you out at the same point in The Nether. Re-entering through this gate in The Nether side will spit you back out at the same point back in the normal world.

The only odd thing here is that this may decide to spit you out at another point. Apparently, when you first build a portal and use it, it will create corresponding portals elsewhere in your world... for some reason, going from Nether > Realworld spits me out at the very first corresponding portal I got after making my first one. The orientation for which way I am facing in The Nether is tied to this portal.

But yeah, I think I just got the hang of it and now I'm making a Nether fortress for portal jumps across my map.

also: Vids of some new mods that are coming out


PROFESSIONAL GAMER - SEND ME OFFERS TO JOIN YOUR TEAM - USA USA USA
Skithiryx
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia648 Posts
December 08 2010 22:39 GMT
#1018
I'll have to get a video of it sometime but i've finally finished some of my buildings, have finished off a massive castle, watchtowers and all of it's other fortifications, have done up 2/3 drowning traps now(They also kill spiders) a few watch towers all over my valley, my undergound tunnel network that is now about 1500+ blocks long with double exits every 200 or so blocks, have built my little underwater garden and have just started my Air fortress it's about 127x127 just for the base and I only have the base done at the moment, thinking of making the walls about 15 blocks tall.
MamiyaOtaru
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1687 Posts
December 09 2010 11:40 GMT
#1019
built a couple things lately. One was modelled after this (at 1:2 scale in SMP):
[image loading] [image loading]

more recent was a galleon:
[image loading] [image loading]
LordWeird
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3411 Posts
December 09 2010 13:24 GMT
#1020
On December 09 2010 20:40 MamiyaOtaru wrote:
built a couple things lately. One was modelled after this (at 1:2 scale in SMP):
[image loading] [image loading]

more recent was a galleon:
[image loading] [image loading]


Wow, that's really nice. I see your using the minimap mod. I can't for the life of me get that to work. Anybody willing to help?

Also I started a new game the other day and starting building on the side of some really nice mountain. Then after a couple minutes of exploring around my base I find a DUNGEON that is literally on sea level within walking distance to my base. FML
Chains none
Prev 1 49 50 51 52 53 60 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
RotterdaM524
TaKeTV 189
IndyStarCraft 95
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1860
RotterdaM 524
ByuN 231
MaxPax 99
IndyStarCraft 95
BRAT_OK 73
UpATreeSC 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3733
Shuttle 881
Stork 372
Mini 324
Rush 298
EffOrt 294
Horang2 244
actioN 240
Mind 155
Mong 110
[ Show more ]
910 82
hero 64
Zeus 63
Dewaltoss 62
Snow 54
Barracks 49
Shinee 46
JYJ 37
sorry 29
Bale 26
ToSsGirL 23
HiyA 23
Killer 19
Terrorterran 17
Sexy 15
zelot 10
Sacsri 9
scan(afreeca) 9
Dota 2
Gorgc5779
qojqva2637
Counter-Strike
fl0m4518
Fnx 690
Other Games
singsing2359
Beastyqt599
ceh9480
Hui .220
XaKoH 154
Trikslyr73
QueenE51
Chillindude24
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV175
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 23
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 33
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur268
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
6h 16m
Afreeca Starleague
17h 16m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
18h 16m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 7h
Patches Events
1d 23h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.