• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:32
CEST 20:32
KST 03:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9439 users

League of Legends [New forum, check OP!] - Page 1153

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1431 Next
Caller
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Poland8075 Posts
October 08 2010 01:05 GMT
#23041
On October 08 2010 10:03 arb wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2010 10:01 SnK-Arcbound wrote:
Any opinions on frozen mallet vs sunfire for first item on garen? With his slight movement speed nerf I find it difficult to keep up with enemies to finish them off now (or keep them off a carry).

just hit Q or get boots 3, then hit E and finally R
Its easy

you could just get sunfire and snag red. its cheaper.
Watch me fail at Paradox: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=397564
BlueBird.
Profile Joined August 2008
United States3890 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-08 01:39:16
October 08 2010 01:38 GMT
#23042
when you think about kayle from an outside perspective... A slow, a heal/speed boost, and a invulerable shield...

support.

Then you play kayle as a carry, and you play her, the damage is ridiculous

Btw, for the longest time I was going Rageblade - Mejais, + Triple Pot/dps item

Im now doing rageblade / ghostblade... etc.. ghostblade is sooooooooo gooood
Currently Playing: Android Netrunner, Gwent, Gloomhaven, Board Games
Phrost
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States4008 Posts
October 08 2010 01:46 GMT
#23043
All champions are free to play and you get a free 4 day ip boost this weekend.



Fuuuuuuuuuuu why is comiccon also this weekend!?
iamphrost.tumblr.com // http://howtobebettermagicplayer.tumblr.com // twitter @phrost_
oberon
Profile Joined May 2009
United States1320 Posts
October 08 2010 01:47 GMT
#23044
On October 08 2010 10:38 BraveGhost wrote:
when you think about kayle from an outside perspective... A slow, a heal/speed boost, and a invulerable shield...

support.

Then you play kayle as a carry, and you play her, the damage is ridiculous

Btw, for the longest time I was going Rageblade - Mejais, + Triple Pot/dps item

Im now doing rageblade / ghostblade... etc.. ghostblade is sooooooooo gooood


Try just rageblade -> triple pot. I found that was the best way to win with Kayle. Farming up a second item (Nashor's, Ghostblade, etc.) takes a while, whereas pretty much no one can stop GRB + 3xElixir Kayle at the point in the game you can get it.
SnK-Arcbound
Profile Joined March 2005
United States4423 Posts
October 08 2010 01:50 GMT
#23045
On October 08 2010 10:38 BraveGhost wrote:
when you think about kayle from an outside perspective... A slow, a heal/speed boost, and a invulerable shield...

support.

Then you play kayle as a carry, and you play her, the damage is ridiculous

Btw, for the longest time I was going Rageblade - Mejais, + Triple Pot/dps item

Im now doing rageblade / ghostblade... etc.. ghostblade is sooooooooo gooood

Her damage used to be even more rediculous again buildings when it also did the magic damage. A kayle 6 shot our final nexus, it was insane.
BlueBird.
Profile Joined August 2008
United States3890 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-08 01:54:42
October 08 2010 01:50 GMT
#23046
On October 08 2010 10:47 oberon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2010 10:38 BraveGhost wrote:
when you think about kayle from an outside perspective... A slow, a heal/speed boost, and a invulerable shield...

support.

Then you play kayle as a carry, and you play her, the damage is ridiculous

Btw, for the longest time I was going Rageblade - Mejais, + Triple Pot/dps item

Im now doing rageblade / ghostblade... etc.. ghostblade is sooooooooo gooood


Try just rageblade -> triple pot. I found that was the best way to win with Kayle. Farming up a second item (Nashor's, Ghostblade, etc.) takes a while, whereas pretty much no one can stop GRB + 3xElixir Kayle at the point in the game you can get it.


I usually mix in elixirs but I usually don't just straight up go for 3, I'll try it, I like working for an item , mixing in elixirs(get a green here or there)... just cause my elo, games aren't over at 25, and Im dominating at that sage of the game with boots + rageblade + red anyways, it's usually free kills.

Yes I remember doing that to towers SNK, it was fun

oberon: you might not take towers out in 2 seconds, but your still really really good at pushing down lanes, I love when the teams sit and stare at each other in mid for awhile means I get free towers, i'll go all the way to the inhibitor turret usually.. also I find red to be much more useful than blue especially when solo pushing lanes down, idk
Currently Playing: Android Netrunner, Gwent, Gloomhaven, Board Games
oberon
Profile Joined May 2009
United States1320 Posts
October 08 2010 01:51 GMT
#23047
On October 08 2010 10:50 BraveGhost wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2010 10:47 oberon wrote:
On October 08 2010 10:38 BraveGhost wrote:
when you think about kayle from an outside perspective... A slow, a heal/speed boost, and a invulerable shield...

support.

Then you play kayle as a carry, and you play her, the damage is ridiculous

Btw, for the longest time I was going Rageblade - Mejais, + Triple Pot/dps item

Im now doing rageblade / ghostblade... etc.. ghostblade is sooooooooo gooood


Try just rageblade -> triple pot. I found that was the best way to win with Kayle. Farming up a second item (Nashor's, Ghostblade, etc.) takes a while, whereas pretty much no one can stop GRB + 3xElixir Kayle at the point in the game you can get it.


I usually mix in elixirs but I usually don't just straight up go for 3, I'll try it, I like working for an item , mixing in elixirs... just cause my elo, games aren't over at 25, and Im dominating at that sage of the game with boots + rageblade + red anyways, it's usually free kills.



My ELO isn't that great -- games definitely go long. But I find Kayle gets worse as the game goes on, because she has a ton of trouble when opponents start grabbing GAs. Better to end is ASAP with super-hard push (GRB, 3x elixirs, and blue buff; red buff is optional but great).

Of course, I haven't played her since the building damage nerf -- she might not be able to just wreck towers in 10 seconds anymore.
Demarini
Profile Joined May 2010
United States151 Posts
October 08 2010 02:05 GMT
#23048
whats the best way to record your games? fraps takes like, 45 gigs. any other recording devices that are more efficient?
gtrsrs
Profile Joined June 2010
United States9109 Posts
October 08 2010 02:07 GMT
#23049
On October 08 2010 10:51 oberon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2010 10:50 BraveGhost wrote:
On October 08 2010 10:47 oberon wrote:
On October 08 2010 10:38 BraveGhost wrote:
when you think about kayle from an outside perspective... A slow, a heal/speed boost, and a invulerable shield...

support.

Then you play kayle as a carry, and you play her, the damage is ridiculous

Btw, for the longest time I was going Rageblade - Mejais, + Triple Pot/dps item

Im now doing rageblade / ghostblade... etc.. ghostblade is sooooooooo gooood


Try just rageblade -> triple pot. I found that was the best way to win with Kayle. Farming up a second item (Nashor's, Ghostblade, etc.) takes a while, whereas pretty much no one can stop GRB + 3xElixir Kayle at the point in the game you can get it.


I usually mix in elixirs but I usually don't just straight up go for 3, I'll try it, I like working for an item , mixing in elixirs... just cause my elo, games aren't over at 25, and Im dominating at that sage of the game with boots + rageblade + red anyways, it's usually free kills.



My ELO isn't that great -- games definitely go long. But I find Kayle gets worse as the game goes on, because she has a ton of trouble when opponents start grabbing GAs. Better to end is ASAP with super-hard push (GRB, 3x elixirs, and blue buff; red buff is optional but great).

Of course, I haven't played her since the building damage nerf -- she might not be able to just wreck towers in 10 seconds anymore.


elixir pump is after you've cemented your final items

if you've got GRB and aren't consistently getting kills or your team isn't winning teamfights, hold off on the elixir pump until you've completed another item (ghostblade, nashors, infinity edge), see if that turns the tide from losing->winning teamfights, THEN pump elixirs to keep the advantage up

kayle definitely doesn't drop off late game imo, she can still solo push a tower and live to talk about it and still wrecks teamfights almost as well as any other good ranged late-game carry (twitch trist come to mind as stronger later but no one else tbh)
i play ... hearthstone =\^.^/= Winterfox
HazMat
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States17077 Posts
October 08 2010 02:13 GMT
#23050
yea.....
Oberon, Kayle is stupidly strong late game, not sure where you got that from.

That's all I'm going to say....
www.youtube.com/user/ShakeDrizzle | League and SSBM content creator | Armada's Youtube Editor
DefMatrixUltra
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada1992 Posts
October 08 2010 02:29 GMT
#23051
On October 08 2010 09:31 s_side wrote:
Could someone point me in the right direction with Amumu in terms of masteries/item build/runes?

The linked ones are quite a bit outdated.


Here's what I use. It may not be completely optimal, but it works well.

Red: Magic Pen
Yellow: mp5 / lvl
Blue: MR / lvl
Quints: Health

Magic pen speeds up your jungle. Mp5 / lvl is nice, but I think flat armor is probably better, especially at lower levels. By the time you can no longer hog golem, you don't need it that much in general. MR / lvl is just awesome. Health quints are more for safety in the lower level jungling stages.

Masteries are 1/14/15 (Mogwai's jungle spec)

Offense: Smite, obviously
Defense: Strength of Spirit and all -dmg masteries
Utility: 3 points in Quickness, leaving 2 in Meditation (I think)

Items:
HoG
Boots 1 or Merc Treads depending on money/need
HoG
Negatron/Sunfire Cape/Randuin's
Negatron/Sunfire Cape/Randuin's
Build Negatron into something

This is obviously against a "balanced" team. You wanna get a Negatron earlier if there is significant magic damage threat to your health. Otherwise just get Sunfire earlier. Get those HoG as soon as possible, they are a big deal.

This is just a general guideline, tank items are very team-specific. But get those HoG's every game for the most part.
Scamp
Profile Joined October 2008
United States1086 Posts
October 08 2010 02:30 GMT
#23052
Maybe I'm misunderstanding the category but LoL winning for "best online tech" is humorous to me.
Cheese is good for you!
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
October 08 2010 02:32 GMT
#23053
On October 08 2010 11:30 Scamp wrote:
Maybe I'm misunderstanding the category but LoL winning for "best online tech" is humorous to me.


I think it's humorous to everyone, how the hell did that happen?
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
myopia
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2928 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-08 03:01:52
October 08 2010 03:01 GMT
#23054
Server's are dieing, last 2 games we had bad delay and random drops to 10fps. I couldn't see my mystic shots.

Some days playing this game just leaves me feeling hollow. Played around 8 matches today, all of them complete steamrolls, one way or the other.
it's my first day
s_side
Profile Joined May 2009
United States700 Posts
October 08 2010 03:04 GMT
#23055
On October 08 2010 09:31 s_side wrote:
Could someone point me in the right direction with Amumu in terms of masteries/item build/runes?

The linked ones are quite a bit outdated.

myopia
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2928 Posts
October 08 2010 03:05 GMT
#23056
s_side, look about 4 posts above you
it's my first day
SnK-Arcbound
Profile Joined March 2005
United States4423 Posts
October 08 2010 03:05 GMT
#23057
On October 08 2010 11:29 DefMatrixUltra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2010 09:31 s_side wrote:
Could someone point me in the right direction with Amumu in terms of masteries/item build/runes?

The linked ones are quite a bit outdated.


Here's what I use. It may not be completely optimal, but it works well.

Red: Magic Pen
Yellow: mp5 / lvl
Blue: MR / lvl
Quints: Health

Magic pen speeds up your jungle. Mp5 / lvl is nice, but I think flat armor is probably better, especially at lower levels. By the time you can no longer hog golem, you don't need it that much in general. MR / lvl is just awesome. Health quints are more for safety in the lower level jungling stages.

Masteries are 1/14/15 (Mogwai's jungle spec)

Offense: Smite, obviously
Defense: Strength of Spirit and all -dmg masteries
Utility: 3 points in Quickness, leaving 2 in Meditation (I think)

Items:
HoG
Boots 1 or Merc Treads depending on money/need
HoG
Negatron/Sunfire Cape/Randuin's
Negatron/Sunfire Cape/Randuin's
Build Negatron into something

This is obviously against a "balanced" team. You wanna get a Negatron earlier if there is significant magic damage threat to your health. Otherwise just get Sunfire earlier. Get those HoG as soon as possible, they are a big deal.

This is just a general guideline, tank items are very team-specific. But get those HoG's every game for the most part.

When your tears do like 20 damage to jungle mobs that aren't red/blue buff, magic pen won't help much. Also since jungle mobs have negative magic resist magic pen won't help. Armor pen is strictly better.
s_side
Profile Joined May 2009
United States700 Posts
October 08 2010 03:21 GMT
#23058
On October 08 2010 12:05 myopia wrote:
s_side, look about 4 posts above you


Yeah, I quoted the wrong post and then failed again. Thanks for the tips.
SHr3DD3r
Profile Joined March 2009
Pakistan2137 Posts
October 08 2010 03:28 GMT
#23059
Hey guys any idea who I should email or PM regarding the ISP/IP ban/block cause I have yet to receive a response from them regarding the issue?
Hit them hard! Hit them low! - Forever a Bisu Fan!~!
STS17
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1817 Posts
October 08 2010 03:38 GMT
#23060
I'm looking to build my fourth runepage now (tank) and am not entirely sure how I should go about filling it out.

Right now I'm thinking:

Q: Flat Health
G: MRpl
S: Flat Armor
M: ?

I'm not entirely sure what I should get for the reds. The tanks I mainly play are Malph and Morde (I use a different page for my Sion since he needs mp5 imo) and Garen will probably also be using this page.

Currently I'm at a complete loss for what to get for reds and am debating flat health or move speed quints.

Advice?
Platinum Level Terran - Take my advice from that perspective
Prev 1 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1431 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 28m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 290
ProTech138
UpATreeSC 121
BRAT_OK 87
MindelVK 25
Railgan 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2170
Bisu 1078
Dewaltoss 121
Shinee 55
Trap 32
Bale 23
NaDa 23
scan(afreeca) 15
zelot 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
XaKoH 562
420jenkins408
League of Legends
Reynor62
Counter-Strike
fl0m4490
pashabiceps948
Fnx 660
x6flipin216
kRYSTAL_30
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3320
Liquid`Hasu500
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1735
FrodaN840
B2W.Neo291
Livibee184
C9.Mang0136
TKL 84
QueenE83
RotterdaM61
Mew2King31
JuggernautJason6
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV245
BasetradeTV192
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 10
• Adnapsc2 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 38
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3000
• TFBlade882
Other Games
• Shiphtur1294
• imaqtpie665
• WagamamaTV385
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
5h 28m
Patches Events
21h 28m
The PondCast
1d 15h
INu's Battles
1d 16h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.