• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:08
CEST 15:08
KST 22:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8222 users

Bloodline Champions - Page 55

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 53 54 55 56 57 Next
Hoon
Profile Joined December 2010
Brazil891 Posts
April 03 2012 00:40 GMT
#1081
On April 03 2012 07:26 RudePlague wrote:
The player base is terrible, probably worse than LoL, especially as when you get insulted by your team mates whenever your team loses and games last 5 minutes each it adds up to a lot of people flaming you.

I mentioned it in a thread on the official forums about how they could grow their player base, and everyone's response to me saying "stop being dicks to new players and help them" everyone responded with "get over it, it's the internet".

I play occasionally, played a fair bit during the beta but most times when I start playing regularly I get so depressed by the people I'm playing with I give up. Also the rune/medallion crap put me off it quite a bit as it goes against the original intent of the game.


Well, what they is true.
It's the internet, people are covered by the anonymity, so they talk shit as much as they want, even though they are just as bad as the person they are hating on.

I think it's the very opposite of what you said about the 'amount of flames'.
In MOBAs, it is actually worse because you are stuck with the same players for 45 minutes, which end up in constant shit talking throughout the entire game.
If you buy the wrong item in the first minute, they will complain about every bad move you do until the end of the match.

But honestly, you shouldn't get depressed about such kind of stuff.
If you give up playing because some random people on the internet flame you, you wouldn't live a day in the army or in a big company.
SEn Fanclub: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=170834
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
April 03 2012 01:45 GMT
#1082
On April 03 2012 09:40 Hoon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2012 07:26 RudePlague wrote:
The player base is terrible, probably worse than LoL, especially as when you get insulted by your team mates whenever your team loses and games last 5 minutes each it adds up to a lot of people flaming you.

I mentioned it in a thread on the official forums about how they could grow their player base, and everyone's response to me saying "stop being dicks to new players and help them" everyone responded with "get over it, it's the internet".

I play occasionally, played a fair bit during the beta but most times when I start playing regularly I get so depressed by the people I'm playing with I give up. Also the rune/medallion crap put me off it quite a bit as it goes against the original intent of the game.


Well, what they is true.
It's the internet, people are covered by the anonymity, so they talk shit as much as they want, even though they are just as bad as the person they are hating on.

I think it's the very opposite of what you said about the 'amount of flames'.
In MOBAs, it is actually worse because you are stuck with the same players for 45 minutes, which end up in constant shit talking throughout the entire game.
If you buy the wrong item in the first minute, they will complain about every bad move you do until the end of the match.

But honestly, you shouldn't get depressed about such kind of stuff.
If you give up playing because some random people on the internet flame you, you wouldn't live a day in the army or in a big company.

Only that's not what he's saying. What he's saying is people being dicks over the internet are driving off new players. As I mentioned, the learning curve for this game is absolutely enormous, so new players fuck up a lot. When someone's there to call them on it every time and belittle them instead of help them, you get pissed/discouraged really quick.

The game should really just get it over with and die, it's been bleeding out for a long time now.
tuho12345
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
4482 Posts
April 03 2012 01:53 GMT
#1083
Few like the game is too short, I wish characters had more health so they could drag the game out for at least 10 mins- 15. When u have bad teammates, it could end in like 5 mins for 3 sets.
stephen11
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom58 Posts
April 03 2012 02:02 GMT
#1084
I play this game a ton and its so much fun, but i agree, some parts of the community are horrendous flamers. I'd try to just ignore them though since you only have to put up with the idiots for 5 minutes . Also, try all the bloodlines, until you find one you like!
Flamingo777
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1190 Posts
April 03 2012 02:06 GMT
#1085
I'm starting to play this again... Such a fun game!
Hoon
Profile Joined December 2010
Brazil891 Posts
April 03 2012 14:27 GMT
#1086
On April 03 2012 10:45 deth2munkies wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2012 09:40 Hoon wrote:
On April 03 2012 07:26 RudePlague wrote:
The player base is terrible, probably worse than LoL, especially as when you get insulted by your team mates whenever your team loses and games last 5 minutes each it adds up to a lot of people flaming you.

I mentioned it in a thread on the official forums about how they could grow their player base, and everyone's response to me saying "stop being dicks to new players and help them" everyone responded with "get over it, it's the internet".

I play occasionally, played a fair bit during the beta but most times when I start playing regularly I get so depressed by the people I'm playing with I give up. Also the rune/medallion crap put me off it quite a bit as it goes against the original intent of the game.


Well, what they is true.
It's the internet, people are covered by the anonymity, so they talk shit as much as they want, even though they are just as bad as the person they are hating on.

I think it's the very opposite of what you said about the 'amount of flames'.
In MOBAs, it is actually worse because you are stuck with the same players for 45 minutes, which end up in constant shit talking throughout the entire game.
If you buy the wrong item in the first minute, they will complain about every bad move you do until the end of the match.

But honestly, you shouldn't get depressed about such kind of stuff.
If you give up playing because some random people on the internet flame you, you wouldn't live a day in the army or in a big company.

Only that's not what he's saying. What he's saying is people being dicks over the internet are driving off new players. As I mentioned, the learning curve for this game is absolutely enormous, so new players fuck up a lot. When someone's there to call them on it every time and belittle them instead of help them, you get pissed/discouraged really quick.

The game should really just get it over with and die, it's been bleeding out for a long time now.

Again, if people cannot deal with this kind of attitude, then they should just quit any kind of multiplayer game.
I don't think think people are driven off a game just because its community doesn't like bad players.
If the game is good, then you get encouraged to get better so people stop complaining about you. Have you ever seen someone quit CoD because the community is bad? No, because they actually like the game.
+ Show Spoiler +
I don't like/play CoD, but that's just an example


And if you actually play the game and try to get better, you will find out about the Help channel, where everyone is friendly and willing to spend their time to explain the game to new players, so the problem of this game is definitely not the community.
SEn Fanclub: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=170834
blcna
Profile Joined December 2011
United States3 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-13 21:44:05
April 13 2012 21:34 GMT
#1087
Hello everyone!

My IGN is Luri and I'm part of the community "For Our Entertainment".

Like everyone has said before me, the game is good and fun, but starting it out may be extremely discouraging because there are sometimes players that flame you in some games when you are just starting out and you have not much of a clue what you should be doing. (Everyone started out button mashing =D)

My recommendation is to join FOE so that you'll be surrounded by a helpful and respectful community of players that can help you start the game out properly.

My second recommendation is to watch the BLC North America stream. (Click on it)
*Note it isn't just for North America, it's to help anyone who wants to learn specifics and fundamentals of BLC regardless of region.

I just recently started the BLCNA stream back up since the game sorely needs to improve new player retention by other players actually ACTIVELY SEEKING to help new players. At least that is what I believe. Anyway the stream is dedicated towards answering YOUR questions that you post in chat.

TL;DR: (Since I know everyone loves these)
I Implore you to try BLC again if you had a bad experience with flaming and join our community. If you have any questions please feel free to pm me on Luri as I'm online almost 24/7 almost exclusively to answer your questions about BLC. Also, check out the stream above and always ask questions if you don't know something!

One last tidbit about the community/clan. Everyone has manager status so you can ask anyone for an invite. This means that the community can only get bigger, but note if you are bad mannered and there are many complaints from the community about you, I will have to demote you back to a member and essentially "feed you to the wolves" since someone might kick you. *Note: It might be possible for me to re-promote you back to officer but that's not happened yet...

PEACE! <333 BLC FOREVER!!!
What is love? Baby don't hurt me...
Pobearo
Profile Joined August 2009
United States351 Posts
June 16 2012 05:29 GMT
#1088
Hey, so is this game dead or what? At least on North America servers, I seriously have to wait 10 minutes for a game. And apparently I'm resurrecting this thread, which has not been posted in for over two months. This is pretty heartbreaking for me, this game is seriously great and I'm sad that at least in the US it looks like it's not really going anywhere. I've played well over a thousand games and the game is still fresh and I'd love to keep playing, but I just can't find a match. If only they would have advertised this game a tiny bit. I am dissapoint.
Hoon
Profile Joined December 2010
Brazil891 Posts
June 16 2012 05:39 GMT
#1089
On June 16 2012 14:29 Pobearo wrote:
Hey, so is this game dead or what? At least on North America servers, I seriously have to wait 10 minutes for a game. And apparently I'm resurrecting this thread, which has not been posted in for over two months. This is pretty heartbreaking for me, this game is seriously great and I'm sad that at least in the US it looks like it's not really going anywhere. I've played well over a thousand games and the game is still fresh and I'd love to keep playing, but I just can't find a match. If only they would have advertised this game a tiny bit. I am dissapoint.

BLC is one of my favorite games of all times, but it just can't get enough attentin to bring more people to the game.
Funcon is absolutely terrible in promoting their own game, so it's all on the hands of the community, which doesn't have enoguh money to properly promote the game.
Also, the game is really hard for newcomers, so people try it out and most of them give up, and the old players leave the games as they get tired of the ridiculously huge queue times.
SEn Fanclub: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=170834
Pobearo
Profile Joined August 2009
United States351 Posts
June 16 2012 06:00 GMT
#1090
I was just browsing the BLC forums for the first time in a while and found this, which I am glad to see. Hopefully it works, I'd love to see this game matter one day. I love what SLS has tried to do, but funcom has made no effort whatsoever to help.
Hoon
Profile Joined December 2010
Brazil891 Posts
June 16 2012 06:03 GMT
#1091
On June 16 2012 15:00 Pobearo wrote:
I was just browsing the BLC forums for the first time in a while and found this, which I am glad to see. Hopefully it works, I'd love to see this game matter one day. I love what SLS has tried to do, but funcom has made no effort whatsoever to help.

Yeah, I hope it works.
Hafu started streaming D3 this week and said that she would try and promote BLC on stream.

But the biggest was said during the last roundtable.
BLC is purely an esport, and the only way to promote esports games is to make tournaments.
Funcon doesn't move a finger to help their own game and the community doesn't have money and time to do the publisher's job.
SEn Fanclub: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=170834
SafeWord
Profile Joined February 2010
United States522 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-16 14:43:08
June 16 2012 14:27 GMT
#1092
Yeah I love BLC so much

Its not even being promoted at dreamhack...
http://www.twitch.tv/BLChampions Just so people know this is where its going to be.
Who needs players when you have God?
Elevenst
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada249 Posts
August 11 2012 12:21 GMT
#1093
For those who Don't know There will be a $100 BLC tournament on us servers today at 5 pm est, check it out a lot of top teams are playing with some old legends (iverson, megazero and wojo) old team oars and 2/3 the team that won last dreamhack summer really exciting! check it out at http://www.bloodlinechampions.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=121&t=24286
all of the games are going to be streamed at http://twitch.tv/ediblestv super pumped!
Toolshed
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
337 Posts
January 31 2015 20:15 GMT
#1094
Good news for everyone still interested in BLC:

Stunlock Studios is now hosting the server! As far as I see Funcom is not associated with BLC whatsoever (which is a good thing!)

Since then the playerbase has skyrocketed to an insane amout. Right now ~800 people are online! (http://steamcharts.com/app/6370)

They also pushed out a small patch, where they address matchmaking, costs etc.:


Teams
Teams Matchmaking has been removed. This is to ensure that the playerbase is less spread out on multiple queues
Teams are still used for Tournaments
Teams Matches statistics now includes Tournament matches win/loss tracking.

Scenarios
Scenario Queues have been removed due to very long queue times. But are still available in Custom games.

Custom Games
Custom Game Blood Coin gain increased from 25% to 90%

Standard Matchmaking
Parties matchmaking balance has been modified to make it less exploitable for high rated users to play with low rated players.
Entire party will now receive a leaver punishment on rating when a party member leaves the match.
Rating required for grades has been slightly reduced.

Bloodlines
Thorn
Fixed a bug where Thorn would gain energy by using Tree Bash on projectiles.

Ravener
Earth Crush (Ultimate) second jump can now be cancelled by Etheral effects.

Pricing
Funcom points has been replaced with Gold Coins.

Bloodlines has been divided into 3 different price groups, no prices has been increased so don’t worry about that.

The Bloodcoin costs from cosmetic items has been removed. (such as outfits, weapon skins, emotes, avatars and titles) So these items will only be available for Gold, as rewards and tournament prizes.

Other
Chat messages containing invalid characters for the font used will no longer be displayed for the user. (Less Questionmarks)
Starter Quest no longer requires a Conquest and Capture the Artifact Match




BLC now runs exlusively on Steam. So if you are still interested come and join the fun!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/6370/
PushDown
Profile Joined December 2011
Italy208 Posts
January 31 2015 20:29 GMT
#1095
SICK!, one of the best PVP game that was out in the market.

The only problem it had was the insane difficulty for the game to be used as an E-sport candidate (while having a spectator mode, it required a huge amount of ingame knowleadge for understanding all the fast-paced action, let alone beeing able to comentate!).

I still remember when I transfer to the Russian servers, as it was the last bastion of hope before the game went out months after.

I'm installing it right now! , thanks for the update mate.
Cogito ergo sum
Deleted User 45971
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
533 Posts
February 01 2015 11:23 GMT
#1096
I just can't get over them adding the medallion and rune bullshit. I just loved the game so much before that patch hit. Such a tragic end for such a good game I don't even understand why they had to make it so insanely grindy and unfair, like who wanted it? It doesn't appear to cater to any demographic and might be one of the worst design decisions made for a game, almost on par with New Game Experience in Starwars Galaxies.
TokO
Profile Joined July 2011
Norway577 Posts
February 01 2015 13:19 GMT
#1097
On February 01 2015 20:23 Potatisodlaren wrote:
I just can't get over them adding the medallion and rune bullshit. I just loved the game so much before that patch hit. Such a tragic end for such a good game I don't even understand why they had to make it so insanely grindy and unfair, like who wanted it? It doesn't appear to cater to any demographic and might be one of the worst design decisions made for a game, almost on par with New Game Experience in Starwars Galaxies.


The worst part of this was when someone was trying to enter the game when it wasn't popular, you would persistently match up against players who had superior stats. Basically an uphill grind with uneven playing grounds. It's good that the playerbase has grown as an influx of new players would make it more even for newer players.
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17847 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-01 14:51:00
February 01 2015 14:46 GMT
#1098
Runes and medallions are actually pretty cool as they let you further customize your character, not just playing the same shit over and over again. Also, their bonuses are rather marginal, good player will beat bad player with or without them.

See you guys in game.

Edit: Gah! Can't connect to my old account. Need to wait for mah key :/
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
Thrill
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
2599 Posts
February 01 2015 17:17 GMT
#1099
Yeah, it's kinda alive now! Anyone who wants an invite to the Team Liquid clan in game, just message Elitist.
bardtown
Profile Joined June 2011
England2313 Posts
February 01 2015 18:05 GMT
#1100
Alive? They removed team ranked; what possible reason is there to play anymore? This game was really good back in the day when 3v3 matchmaking was active. Got to grade 21 or something with some good friends. The public matchmaking is just pointless/dull though, and the ranking is so imbalanced. Got to 21 in 3s, 19 in 2s and like... 14 in solo?

I really enjoy the game but I can't see any hope for it. It's not like funcom is to blame for it dying, it was 100% the fault of SLS and them taking over is not going to improve anything. They haven't done anything for the game for years.
Prev 1 53 54 55 56 57 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1466
WardiTV703
OGKoka 248
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko427
OGKoka 248
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 8424
Bisu 4643
FanTaSy 3449
Jaedong 2159
Shuttle 1515
EffOrt 1175
Horang2 782
BeSt 676
actioN 426
Larva 394
[ Show more ]
Mini 323
Stork 144
Mind 115
Zeus 114
Dewaltoss 94
Snow 90
910 74
Barracks 59
Mong 45
hero 42
ToSsGirL 42
soO 40
Sexy 38
Killer 31
sorry 28
Bale 26
JYJ 25
Free 21
Shine 21
Shinee 21
Aegong 19
Sacsri 14
scan(afreeca) 14
HiyA 13
zelot 13
Noble 7
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc4357
qojqva1387
Dendi975
XaKoH 471
febbydoto22
Counter-Strike
x6flipin230
Other Games
singsing2806
olofmeister1255
hiko843
B2W.Neo699
Livibee671
crisheroes391
XBOCT260
Pyrionflax225
dupreeh65
Liquid`VortiX60
QueenE23
Hui .13
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick621
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2082
• Nemesis1255
Other Games
• WagamamaTV176
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
2h 53m
Replay Cast
9h 53m
Afreeca Starleague
20h 53m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
21h 53m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.