• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:47
CEST 10:47
KST 17:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11694 users

New Pokemon Games: Black & White - Page 86

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 84 85 86 87 88 96 Next
Pigsquirrel
Profile Joined August 2009
United States615 Posts
April 08 2011 03:29 GMT
#1701
So, I am sixteen, and decided to complete my childhood by finally playing Pokemon for the first time ever. Downloaded an emulator to my phone and played blue. All I can say is:
THIS SHIT IS AWESOME.
Avaloch
Profile Joined August 2010
241 Posts
April 08 2011 04:07 GMT
#1702
On April 08 2011 12:29 Pigsquirrel wrote:
So, I am sixteen, and decided to complete my childhood by finally playing Pokemon for the first time ever. Downloaded an emulator to my phone and played blue. All I can say is:
THIS SHIT IS AWESOME.

Welcome to the club.
buhhy
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1113 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-08 14:12:25
April 08 2011 14:12 GMT
#1703
On April 08 2011 05:23 Coagulation wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 08 2011 05:09 Fawkes wrote:
So other than checking every time or knowing every pokemon's colour, how do we determine it is Shiny?


when it first appears in the battle it has stars shoot out of it. OR SO THEY SAY..
i dunno i never seen 1


Red Gyrados?!

Lul 666
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
April 08 2011 21:40 GMT
#1704
On April 08 2011 23:12 buhhy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 08 2011 05:23 Coagulation wrote:
On April 08 2011 05:09 Fawkes wrote:
So other than checking every time or knowing every pokemon's colour, how do we determine it is Shiny?


when it first appears in the battle it has stars shoot out of it. OR SO THEY SAY..
i dunno i never seen 1


Red Gyrados?!

Lul 666


I died when I realized the Red Gyarados I caught was 29/30/30/25/28/31... epic day.
There is no one like you in the universe.
shinosai
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1577 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-09 17:00:12
April 09 2011 16:56 GMT
#1705
I'm incredibly excited to get Pokemon Black, but unfortunately I have to wait until my DS comes in. I'm excited and have my dream team in mind already. Gliscor, Skarmory (when dreamworld comes out...), Tyranitar, Gyarados, Dusknoir/gengar, Snorlax/Volcarona/Umbreon.

The last two slots are kind of up in the air. I love Gengar with his three immunities, but he's so easily knocked out with low hp. Dusknoir can takes some hits, but doesn't have the same power...

As for the last slot, Umbreon is pretty much hands down the coolest pokemon. But Snorlax has a lot of raw power, too. Although I think snorlax might overlap in role a bit with Tyranitar, so I think Umbreon is the better choice teamwise. Volcarona is pretty neat but I'm not sure if he'll be in the Uber tier or not. I'd kind of like to have a Starmie too for rapid spin, but alas, there are only two slots that are open, and enough pokemon that are weak to thunder and grass.
Be versatile, know when to retreat, and carry a big gun.
ionize
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Ireland399 Posts
April 09 2011 17:03 GMT
#1706
Plain question: Is Pokemon Blach/White any good? I was rather disappointed by Pearl/Diamond. So any pros and cons for me? Just as information: I enjoyed Silver the most. It was overall fun to play and a nice addition to the lists of Blue/Green(JP)/Red.
I just love video games, what's your excuse?
Wesso
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands1245 Posts
April 09 2011 17:30 GMT
#1707
On April 10 2011 02:03 ionize wrote:
Plain question: Is Pokemon Blach/White any good? I was rather disappointed by Pearl/Diamond. So any pros and cons for me? Just as information: I enjoyed Silver the most. It was overall fun to play and a nice addition to the lists of Blue/Green(JP)/Red.


Black and White captures more of the feel of red and silver, because you can't bank on your knowledge of the old pokemon so you have to find out for yourself which pokemon are good and which arent. Also it's a bit more challenging (but still easy if you use good pokemon) and the storyline is quite a bit better.

IMO it was the best Pokemon since silver/gold at the minimum.

You can always try it out with an emulator or borrow it from a friend.
Monokeros
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States2493 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-09 18:09:22
April 09 2011 18:08 GMT
#1708
Finally caught Kyurem that guy was a pain to catch, now I get to take down the Pokemon League FOR REALS.


WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO POST TWO THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND IM A TANK NIGGA
Keep the Dream Alive twitch.tv/monokerros
ballasdontcry
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada595 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-09 18:13:02
April 09 2011 18:11 GMT
#1709
yeah i just caught kyurem too... gave up trying eventually just used the master ball. didn't have to use it on thundurus

fortunately got to the point where I can start using poketransfer now, managed to send some of the legendaries over from my save on soul silver
NukeTheBunnys
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1004 Posts
April 09 2011 18:11 GMT
#1710
the GTS is so stupid, everyone wants to make these ridiculously one sided trades, I want a lvl 100 legendary and offering a lvl 24 boldore, yeah right

would anyone be willing to make some actual fair trades, like tirouga for archen, or boldore for boldore so i can get it to evolve
When you play the game of drones you win or you die.
NuKedUFirst
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada3139 Posts
April 09 2011 18:24 GMT
#1711
On April 10 2011 03:11 NukeTheBunnys wrote:
the GTS is so stupid, everyone wants to make these ridiculously one sided trades, I want a lvl 100 legendary and offering a lvl 24 boldore, yeah right

would anyone be willing to make some actual fair trades, like tirouga for archen, or boldore for boldore so i can get it to evolve


Try the negotiations for evolve trading imo.

I traded the water starter for a zekrom.
FrostedMiniWeet wrote: I like winning because it validates all the bloody time I waste playing SC2.
shinosai
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1577 Posts
April 09 2011 18:27 GMT
#1712
On April 10 2011 03:11 NukeTheBunnys wrote:
the GTS is so stupid, everyone wants to make these ridiculously one sided trades, I want a lvl 100 legendary and offering a lvl 24 boldore, yeah right

would anyone be willing to make some actual fair trades, like tirouga for archen, or boldore for boldore so i can get it to evolve


There are a lot of retarded trades on there, but if you look in the right places you can usually do some pretty good trades. Good things to offer are pokemon that must be evolved by trading or exclusive pokemon to certain versions.
Be versatile, know when to retreat, and carry a big gun.
VoriuM
Profile Joined March 2009
Belgium83 Posts
April 09 2011 18:45 GMT
#1713
On April 07 2011 06:58 Blisse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 05 2011 13:55 Coagulation wrote:
On April 05 2011 12:29 deth2munkies wrote:
FUCK YEAH, shiny Roggenrola out of nowhere :D



iv played every generation multiple times
and never even seen one.
i think they dont exist and they are just a giant troll among you uber pokemon players making fun of non uber pokemon players like myself.


IM ON TO YOU.


I've seen two. Shiny Tangela that I couldn't catch because it ran away, and Shiny Mr. Mime that I hit critical on.


I once encountered a shiny sentret before I had pokeballs.
TALegion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1187 Posts
April 09 2011 18:51 GMT
#1714
On April 10 2011 03:45 VoriuM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 07 2011 06:58 Blisse wrote:
On April 05 2011 13:55 Coagulation wrote:
On April 05 2011 12:29 deth2munkies wrote:
FUCK YEAH, shiny Roggenrola out of nowhere :D



iv played every generation multiple times
and never even seen one.
i think they dont exist and they are just a giant troll among you uber pokemon players making fun of non uber pokemon players like myself.


IM ON TO YOU.


I've seen two. Shiny Tangela that I couldn't catch because it ran away, and Shiny Mr. Mime that I hit critical on.


I once encountered a shiny sentret before I had pokeballs.

Shiny geodude. It used self-destruct on the second turn.
A person willing to die for a cause is a hero. A person willing to kill for a cause is a madman
xHerodotusx
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United Kingdom114 Posts
April 09 2011 19:21 GMT
#1715
Black and White have revolutionized the competitive pokemon metagame: worthless types receive good pokemon and new moves, weather conditions are more important, trick room teams have been buffed with reiunculus; so stoked on this game.
ZerO - Seal - Life - Taeja - Parting - Squirtle
Lucidx
Profile Joined December 2010
United States122 Posts
April 09 2011 19:41 GMT
#1716
I'm glad that they put some Pokemon from the previous generations in the unlock able zones. Also, has anybody used that C-gear dream world thing? Is it any good?
" I would rather get AIDS then get hit by a bus then have my expansion blocked by a pylon" - Day[9]
anilusion
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden247 Posts
April 09 2011 21:19 GMT
#1717
Dream world isnt unlocked outside Japan yet, so no :p
shinosai
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1577 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-09 23:57:43
April 09 2011 23:54 GMT
#1718
Hmm, so, while I wait for my ds to come in the mail, I tried out the new pokelabs thing. Wow, it's a ton of fun. None of the time wasted leveling up my pokemon and all the fun of competitive battling. Won my first game with 3 pokemon to 0 using my team of Ttar jirachi gliscor skarmory gyarados and skarmory. It was epic.

Still can't wait to play pokemon black. Hope you guys are ready for some fun battles! Imo we should have a teamliquid tournament soon for pokemon.

p.s. Is it just me or is u-turn the most ridiculous move ever? I love u-turning back and forth between pokemon and dodging attacks.
Be versatile, know when to retreat, and carry a big gun.
ReketSomething
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States6012 Posts
April 10 2011 00:01 GMT
#1719
On April 10 2011 08:54 shinosai wrote:
Hmm, so, while I wait for my ds to come in the mail, I tried out the new pokelabs thing. Wow, it's a ton of fun. None of the time wasted leveling up my pokemon and all the fun of competitive battling. Won my first game with 3 pokemon to 0 using my team of Ttar jirachi gliscor skarmory gyarados and skarmory. It was epic.

Still can't wait to play pokemon black. Hope you guys are ready for some fun battles! Imo we should have a teamliquid tournament soon for pokemon.

p.s. Is it just me or is u-turn the most ridiculous move ever? I love u-turning back and forth between pokemon and dodging attacks.


You don't really dodge attacks...you still get hit...its just another strategical choice. You can do 120 damage in 1 shot or you can do 70 and then get a switch. I personally think fake out is the most ridiculous move ever.

=/
Jaedong :3
shinosai
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1577 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-10 00:52:30
April 10 2011 00:52 GMT
#1720
On April 10 2011 09:01 ReketSomething wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2011 08:54 shinosai wrote:
Hmm, so, while I wait for my ds to come in the mail, I tried out the new pokelabs thing. Wow, it's a ton of fun. None of the time wasted leveling up my pokemon and all the fun of competitive battling. Won my first game with 3 pokemon to 0 using my team of Ttar jirachi gliscor skarmory gyarados and skarmory. It was epic.

Still can't wait to play pokemon black. Hope you guys are ready for some fun battles! Imo we should have a teamliquid tournament soon for pokemon.

p.s. Is it just me or is u-turn the most ridiculous move ever? I love u-turning back and forth between pokemon and dodging attacks.


You don't really dodge attacks...you still get hit...its just another strategical choice. You can do 120 damage in 1 shot or you can do 70 and then get a switch. I personally think fake out is the most ridiculous move ever.

=/


I know you don't dodge attacks. What I meant was u-turning to a pokemon that is immune to the attack. Also screw sucker punch.
Be versatile, know when to retreat, and carry a big gun.
Prev 1 84 85 86 87 88 96 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 14m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 923
soO 429
Hyuk 416
Mini 220
ZerO 138
Killer 61
Shinee 49
Mind 34
Bale 28
Mong 24
[ Show more ]
PianO 22
Terrorterran 14
ZergMaN 12
yabsab 10
HiyA 9
Dota 2
XaKoH 749
XcaliburYe336
League of Legends
JimRising 447
Counter-Strike
byalli550
Other Games
olofmeister886
ceh9639
Happy372
Livibee194
crisheroes191
Mew2King67
ArmadaUGS61
ZerO(Twitch)7
singsing4
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH372
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2296
League of Legends
• Jankos1351
• Rush1222
• Stunt459
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 14m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
2h 14m
Monday Night Weeklies
7h 14m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 1h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 15h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.