• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:09
CEST 14:09
KST 21:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 5810 users

New Pokemon Games: Black & White - Page 85

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 83 84 85 86 87 96 Next
Wesso
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands1245 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-05 21:24:47
April 05 2011 21:11 GMT
#1681
On April 06 2011 06:03 LazyMacro wrote:
I can't edit my post using the Android app for some reason... o.o

Anyways, what do you guys think of Purrloin? It's the first wild Pokmon you meet that isn't a normal type, and having a dark type is useful for the final four.

You can play the single player any way you like, if you think he's cool use him, if you don't think he's cool don't. If you follow advice from "experts" the game becomes easy mode and boring.


Also, I've been very unsure of how to manage different moves while leveling. I don't want too many moves of the same type on one Pokmon, but whenever a new move is learned, I'm not sure of how to judge moves and know which moves should be kept, replaced, or given up on.

Any advice?

Check if your pokemon is physical or special, if your pokemon is special keep the strongest special moves of your pokemons types, +2 fun/handy moves. The same with physical moves if your pokemon is physical. Try to spread the typing of your moves as much as possible.

On April 06 2011 05:15 JPoPP wrote:
Ok, I kinda wanna try competitive pokemon I just beat the E4 and I've been searching all over the internet on how to get started and it's all in this mumbojumbo I don't get I don't have internet at my place so I have to get everything on my own I was hoping that someone would be able to help me out bit by bit building a team and understanding how to play!!!


thanks!

edit: I have black and tons of spare time


You kinda need internet, to look up a lot of values etc.
http://serebii.net/games/mechanics.shtml
here are a lot of important things explained.

EV's
IV's
Natures
breeding

Those are all for creating the best possible pokemon. Which you need if you want to play competitively on wifi. After you know those basics you should try and come-up with a team. I'm not sure on the rules for wifi battling so I can't help you there.If you read all those and you don't understand ask questions here (of course use search first to see if your questions already have been answered)
SockArms
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States591 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-05 21:46:55
April 05 2011 21:15 GMT
#1682
I found for the final four having a good dark attack, bug attack, fighter, psychic, +2 of what ever you want made it really really easy as you can exploit weaknesses I used a sword dance Haxorus and then used dragon claw to one shot all of the dark guys pokemon :D! but really play the game how you like it though it can get frustrating at the end having to grind level pokemon because your types all suck against 2 of the E4 (yet again happened to me )

Try having some variation so you don't get stuck on your last pokemon and realize that all the moves are unable to hit

happened to me on my first try of the E4.

GL!!!

On April 06 2011 05:15 JPoPP wrote:
Ok, I kinda wanna try competitive pokemon I just beat the E4 and I've been searching all over the internet on how to get started and it's all in this mumbojumbo I don't get I don't have internet at my place so I have to get everything on my own I was hoping that someone would be able to help me out bit by bit building a team and understanding how to play!!!


thanks!

edit: I have black and tons of spare time

Show nested quote +
You kinda need internet, to look up a lot of values etc.
http://serebii.net/games/mechanics.shtml
here are a lot of important things explained.

EV's
IV's
Natures
breeding

Those are all for creating the best possible pokemon. Which you need if you want to play competitively on wifi. After you know those basics you should try and come-up with a team. I'm not sure on the rules for wifi battling so I can't help you there.If you read all those and you don't understand ask questions here (of course use search first to see if your questions already have been answered)


hmmm thanks, I think this may take a bit for me to get the hang of well I guess I'll just level up my fav pokemon till I get internet then try and make a team cause I could never do that with out constantly googling and checking that site



Edit: hmmm the internet I'm on seems so be lagging or something cause the order of my posts just changed guess I'll kill one and condense
| Cloud9 | DK | Liquid |
SockArms
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States591 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-05 21:46:15
April 05 2011 21:34 GMT
#1683
Edit: Killed it to condense into one post sorry mods silly bad internets :D:D:D
| Cloud9 | DK | Liquid |
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
April 06 2011 21:58 GMT
#1684
On April 05 2011 13:55 Coagulation wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 05 2011 12:29 deth2munkies wrote:
FUCK YEAH, shiny Roggenrola out of nowhere :D



iv played every generation multiple times
and never even seen one.
i think they dont exist and they are just a giant troll among you uber pokemon players making fun of non uber pokemon players like myself.


IM ON TO YOU.


I've seen two. Shiny Tangela that I couldn't catch because it ran away, and Shiny Mr. Mime that I hit critical on.
There is no one like you in the universe.
NukeTheBunnys
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1004 Posts
April 07 2011 01:01 GMT
#1685
So i have slowly been playing through White, I have 5 badges and my current line up is

Tynamo
Dewott
Unfezant
Stoutland
Excadrill
Litwick

Friend Code: 356813440181
When you play the game of drones you win or you die.
oGm`REM
Profile Joined March 2011
United States870 Posts
April 07 2011 01:04 GMT
#1686
I'm jealous of you guys who had Black and White. I'm too hooked on SC2 to play anything else.
Awe, I miss the good old days when they had Pokemon Yellow, Red, Blue.
oriGinal Mixers '99 - www.smiteam.net
Pvvned
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States409 Posts
April 07 2011 16:36 GMT
#1687
Has anyone tried Blaze Black and Volt White yet?

They're uh.. 'modified' versions of Black/White to make the game more challenging. All the trainers in the game are edited to have better teams and movesets, and all gym leaders have 6 pokemon when you challenge them.

You can also catch up to 606 pokemon in either game, excluding most legendaries from previous gens.
http://www.teamliquid.net/staff/R1CH/Happy2.gif
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-07 19:31:11
April 07 2011 19:28 GMT
#1688
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/3008-Pokemon-White

GUYS THE ELECTRIC GYM LEADER HAS AN ELECTRIC/FLYING POKEMON. NOW I CAN'T SWEEP ALL THE POKES WITH ONE MOVE. THIS GAME IS TOO HARD WTFHAX

His "reviews" are usually funny, and this one was funny, because he proved how much of a noob he is.

Also, according to him, you still have a "Special" stat and there are no such thing as natures, physical/special split, etc.
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
April 07 2011 19:42 GMT
#1689
Havent watched zero punctuation in forever. That was pretty funny.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
ReketSomething
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States6012 Posts
April 07 2011 20:03 GMT
#1690
Wow that was pretty funny ^^

thanks
Jaedong :3
Fawkes
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada1935 Posts
April 07 2011 20:09 GMT
#1691
So other than checking every time or knowing every pokemon's colour, how do we determine it is Shiny?
Taeyeon ~ Jennie ~ Seulgi ~ Irene @Fawkes711
Stratos.FEAR
Profile Joined June 2009
Canada706 Posts
April 07 2011 20:14 GMT
#1692
On April 08 2011 01:36 Pvvned wrote:
Has anyone tried Blaze Black and Volt White yet?

They're uh.. 'modified' versions of Black/White to make the game more challenging. All the trainers in the game are edited to have better teams and movesets, and all gym leaders have 6 pokemon when you challenge them.

You can also catch up to 606 pokemon in either game, excluding most legendaries from previous gens.


where can i get this?
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
April 07 2011 20:16 GMT
#1693
On April 07 2011 06:58 Blisse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 05 2011 13:55 Coagulation wrote:
On April 05 2011 12:29 deth2munkies wrote:
FUCK YEAH, shiny Roggenrola out of nowhere :D



iv played every generation multiple times
and never even seen one.
i think they dont exist and they are just a giant troll among you uber pokemon players making fun of non uber pokemon players like myself.


IM ON TO YOU.


I've seen two. Shiny Tangela that I couldn't catch because it ran away, and Shiny Mr. Mime that I hit critical on.

I caught a shiny female nidoran back in silver

and a shiny jolly( i think) bellsprout in soul silver
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
April 07 2011 20:23 GMT
#1694
On April 08 2011 05:09 Fawkes wrote:
So other than checking every time or knowing every pokemon's colour, how do we determine it is Shiny?


when it first appears in the battle it has stars shoot out of it. OR SO THEY SAY..
i dunno i never seen 1
VashTS
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1675 Posts
April 07 2011 20:26 GMT
#1695
On April 08 2011 05:23 Coagulation wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 08 2011 05:09 Fawkes wrote:
So other than checking every time or knowing every pokemon's colour, how do we determine it is Shiny?


when it first appears in the battle it has stars shoot out of it. OR SO THEY SAY..
i dunno i never seen 1

This. It shimmers at the start of a battle.
VashTS; 330; Random -- Ranked #9 Pokemon Video Game Player in the World in 2009
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
April 08 2011 02:32 GMT
#1696
Mmm...so I played a little more and am having fun so far. Team is

Leavanny (Bugz)
Samurott (Blotter)
Swoobat (DANANANANA)
Victini (Nike)
Gigalith (Shinystone)

Just beat the flying gym leader and am on the lookout for a better flying type (the normal and water/flying types sucked more than the one I already had) so I don't have to carry around a slave for Fly. Ah well, we'll see.
GiygaS
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada1043 Posts
April 08 2011 02:38 GMT
#1697
On April 08 2011 11:32 deth2munkies wrote:
Mmm...so I played a little more and am having fun so far. Team is

Leavanny (Bugz)
Samurott (Blotter)
Swoobat (DANANANANA)
Victini (Nike)
Gigalith (Shinystone)

Just beat the flying gym leader and am on the lookout for a better flying type (the normal and water/flying types sucked more than the one I alreadyhad) so I don't have to carry around a slave for Fly. Ah well, we'll see.


Golurk is a beastly ghost ground that can learn fly. Try him?
AKA gigyas, gigas, giygas khan, giyga khan, giyga...
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
April 08 2011 02:40 GMT
#1698
Archeops > everything for using Fly
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
April 08 2011 02:45 GMT
#1699
On April 08 2011 11:38 GiygaS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 08 2011 11:32 deth2munkies wrote:
Mmm...so I played a little more and am having fun so far. Team is

Leavanny (Bugz)
Samurott (Blotter)
Swoobat (DANANANANA)
Victini (Nike)
Gigalith (Shinystone)

Just beat the flying gym leader and am on the lookout for a better flying type (the normal and water/flying types sucked more than the one I alreadyhad) so I don't have to carry around a slave for Fly. Ah well, we'll see.


Golurk is a beastly ghost ground that can learn fly. Try him?


I was thinking about it, since I <3 Ghost types and fire is already filled...I guess it'd work even though it's kind of a waste of a move on him.
Brees
Profile Joined January 2010
Marshall Islands3404 Posts
April 08 2011 03:12 GMT
#1700
not really, it covers fighting/grass types for him and he's physical
Brees on in
Prev 1 83 84 85 86 87 96 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 965
WardiTV377
OGKoka 232
Rex137
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko405
mouzHeroMarine 348
OGKoka 232
Rex 137
ProTech131
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2551
Horang2 1420
Larva 1231
EffOrt 819
BeSt 625
Shuttle 598
Soma 508
Mini 296
Hyuk 289
Stork 191
[ Show more ]
ZerO 184
Light 181
Rush 140
Zeus 128
ggaemo 122
Killer 84
Barracks 79
Hyun 78
Sea.KH 44
Bale 35
Shinee 34
ToSsGirL 30
sorry 26
Yoon 24
Mong 23
PianO 18
Aegong 17
soO 15
Sacsri 15
ajuk12(nOOB) 15
Sexy 11
zelot 11
Noble 8
HiyA 7
Icarus 1
Dota 2
Dendi1634
BananaSlamJamma179
qojqva34
League of Legends
KnowMe38
Counter-Strike
byalli617
x6flipin564
Other Games
singsing2198
olofmeister1579
B2W.Neo378
crisheroes288
Sick255
XaKoH 237
Pyrionflax157
hiko87
ArmadaUGS70
Mew2King42
ZerO(Twitch)4
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream445
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH308
• StrangeGG 32
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1902
Other Games
• WagamamaTV236
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
3h 51m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21h 51m
Afreeca Starleague
21h 51m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 11h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 22h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.