• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:59
CEST 01:59
KST 08:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)53Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9209 users

New Pokemon Games: Black & White - Page 27

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 96 Next
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
March 08 2011 22:17 GMT
#521
I'm really thinking of dropping this dumb Zebra. So far the moveset is pretty decent: (lvl 20), Shock Wave, Charge, Paralyzing move + Flame Charge, but I hate how frail it is.

The Green Monkey too, so fucking frail to shitty Herdier and Patrat normal attack moves.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-08 22:19:16
March 08 2011 22:18 GMT
#522
On March 09 2011 07:13 arb wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2011 07:03 Kyuukyuu wrote:
I'm trying to pick a "victory road" team (eg. the one I will use for the Elite Four) that doesn't include any legendaries, and I'm having some trouble picking. So far I'm thinking:

Galvantula/Eelektross
Krookodile/Excadrill
Darmanitan
Reuniclus
some water (I don't have the water starter nor the turtle fossil)
some other thing??? Have Archeops filler right now lol

Help me out

the rock flying is pretty good though, it just has a bad ability but high attack stats..


im debating on spending like 3 hours in acave to get that fucking mole or just do crocodile with sunglasses



yeah, thing is you pretty much have to lead with it because if it takes a hit it becomes totally useless

i think my main problem is a water, the waters in this gen suck
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
March 08 2011 22:19 GMT
#523
I haven't seen many water. A lot of fish, but I haven't used fish since Seaking was hot lulz shit.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
March 08 2011 22:21 GMT
#524
I might end up having to use that uglyass toad >_>
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-08 22:28:18
March 08 2011 22:22 GMT
#525
On March 09 2011 07:17 Torte de Lini wrote:
I'm really thinking of dropping this dumb Zebra. So far the moveset is pretty decent: (lvl 20), Shock Wave, Charge, Paralyzing move + Flame Charge, but I hate how frail it is.

The Green Monkey too, so fucking frail to shitty Herdier and Patrat normal attack moves.


Shock Wave is useless since it's a physical attacker. It gets Spark at ~20, and Stomp at 29. I dropped it at 31 though in favor of Galvantula (the electric spider), and it was a great decision. It's actually even MORE frail than Zebstrika, but those things aren't meant for defense anyway. I mainly like it more because Compoundeyes+STAB Thunder=massive rape

On March 09 2011 07:13 arb wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2011 07:03 Kyuukyuu wrote:
I'm trying to pick a "victory road" team (eg. the one I will use for the Elite Four) that doesn't include any legendaries, and I'm having some trouble picking. So far I'm thinking:

Galvantula/Eelektross
Krookodile/Excadrill
Darmanitan
Reuniclus
some water (I don't have the water starter nor the turtle fossil)
some other thing??? Have Archeops filler right now lol

Help me out

the rock flying is pretty good though, it just has a bad ability but high attack stats..


im debating on spending like 3 hours in acave to get that fucking mole or just do crocodile with sunglasses


I got that mole in the very first cave right after the first gym >.> It took like thirty seconds.

@ kyuukyuu: I want to try that Victory Road Bug/Steel. Durant or whatever.

On March 09 2011 07:11 TALegion wrote:
Is anyone else finding Cofagrigus to be a SICK physical wall?
Any recommendations for a Special Wall? Right now I'm using a Jellicent, but he doesn't seem that good. That Snow-Flake guy seems pretty decent.


Show nested quote +
On March 09 2011 07:10 Torte de Lini wrote:
Is the Liberty Pass pokemon overpowered? I'm there right now and I don't want to use him/her in battle if she's going to make the entire journey super easy

For sure, Victini is a GOOD pokemon. But no, he's not at all overpowered.


Don't use Ice as a wall. You can probably get away with it in story mode, but competitively, it will get murdered by Stealth Rock and Fighting Pokemon.

On a side note: It seems like the starter and the legendary Water may be the only Water types worth using this gen. The sea turtle from the fossil may be good, as well as the Pringles thing. And the thing that looks like it's the evolution of Luvdisc has 165 HP.
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
KOPF
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Finland164 Posts
March 08 2011 22:26 GMT
#526
I just got the main story done. The post-game isn't as good as HG/SS though.

+ Show Spoiler [Ending] +

The Elite Four and the end bosses were ridiculously hard. Especially Getssiisisisisidisi... the robe guy. That Dark/Dragon Pokemon he had just murdered me.
DreamScaR
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Canada2127 Posts
March 08 2011 22:29 GMT
#527
On March 09 2011 07:13 arb wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2011 07:03 Kyuukyuu wrote:
I'm trying to pick a "victory road" team (eg. the one I will use for the Elite Four) that doesn't include any legendaries, and I'm having some trouble picking. So far I'm thinking:

Galvantula/Eelektross
Krookodile/Excadrill
Darmanitan
Reuniclus
some water (I don't have the water starter nor the turtle fossil)
some other thing??? Have Archeops filler right now lol

Help me out

the rock flying is pretty good though, it just has a bad ability but high attack stats..


im debating on spending like 3 hours in acave to get that fucking mole or just do crocodile with sunglasses

Took me two minutes to find the mole, look for the ground that moves and run to it.
~ Aka ItsWoodrow on Twitter
Zozo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Brazil2579 Posts
March 08 2011 22:35 GMT
#528
Ok, so they ramp up the game after you beat it, but just because everywhere you go everyone is 10 lvls higher. Already got a good ferrothorn to start a mean barrier team, can't wait to battle real people.
EGM guides me
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-08 22:37:41
March 08 2011 22:36 GMT
#529
On March 09 2011 07:29 DreamScaR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2011 07:13 arb wrote:
On March 09 2011 07:03 Kyuukyuu wrote:
I'm trying to pick a "victory road" team (eg. the one I will use for the Elite Four) that doesn't include any legendaries, and I'm having some trouble picking. So far I'm thinking:

Galvantula/Eelektross
Krookodile/Excadrill
Darmanitan
Reuniclus
some water (I don't have the water starter nor the turtle fossil)
some other thing??? Have Archeops filler right now lol

Help me out

the rock flying is pretty good though, it just has a bad ability but high attack stats..


im debating on spending like 3 hours in acave to get that fucking mole or just do crocodile with sunglasses

Took me two minutes to find the mole, look for the ground that moves and run to it.

is it the little tornado things? cause ive only found 2
i found 2 after 30* minutes, i got a moonstone and a dragon stone
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
jimmyjingle
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States472 Posts
March 08 2011 22:41 GMT
#530
I'm super psyched for the 5th gen. The zone is stupidly big and cool, the number of features is ridiculous for a DS title and the MP looks really promising as well.

I want Ash's old eyes back though.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

I get brain like a skull
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
March 08 2011 22:44 GMT
#531
On March 09 2011 07:41 jimmyjingle wrote:
I'm super psyched for the 5th gen. The zone is stupidly big and cool, the number of features is ridiculous for a DS title and the MP looks really promising as well.

I want Ash's old eyes back though.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]



LOLWTF, why did they change him?

I miss his old voice too. Back then he sounded decent...
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
dOofuS
Profile Joined January 2009
United States342 Posts
March 08 2011 23:08 GMT
#532
So, who'd you guys use for the 2nd gym leader? I'm trying to use Timburr, but finding that he's pretty weak, especially tho that squirrel wearing a shirt that she uses. That thing trashes me.
Jayme
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States5866 Posts
March 08 2011 23:12 GMT
#533
On March 09 2011 00:18 Ferrose wrote:
Why do people hate Serperior? With 113 Speed, and 95 defenses, Substitute/Leech Seed/Glare/Torment (maybe Giga Drain?) @ Leftovers is an absolutely sickening moveset.


Subseed is only good in competitive play and even then i use Breloom instead because it does it plain better with poison heal, spore, and focus punch.

As for plain power? The only good grass is Shaymin and especially Shaymin-s. High speed, spatk, and seed flare and if it's S forme stab air slash as well.

Gen 5 starters are really lackluster. Infernape was far superior, Swampert and Empoleon were better and grass traditionally suck anyway.
Python is garbage, number 1 advocate of getting rid of it.
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
March 08 2011 23:38 GMT
#534
On March 09 2011 08:08 dOofuS wrote:
So, who'd you guys use for the 2nd gym leader? I'm trying to use Timburr, but finding that he's pretty weak, especially tho that squirrel wearing a shirt that she uses. That thing trashes me.


I used Timburr. That squirrel thing sucks, so I was like "No way that's gonna defeat my Timburr. Then it uses Retaliation (I had never seen it before), and I was like "WTF JUST HAPPENED?!" Thankfully, I had Roggenrola >.>

Speaking of which, just got my Gigalith and Conkeldurr
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
March 08 2011 23:40 GMT
#535
I got through the second gym pretty easily with Throh. Tankin' Retaliates all day B(
Insanious
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada1251 Posts
March 08 2011 23:43 GMT
#536
Conkeldurr = Stupidly powerful... basically carrying me this game.

At first, I was getting destroyed trying to rely on my grass started (pulled the whole "100% of xp goes to my starter" so that I can just walk through the game... this gen, not so much) So I got owned for a while, then got Conkeldurr and basically just had him 6:0 every trainer in the game. Fighting + Rock + Ground + Normal move set on a 140 attack stat = everything just rolls over.
If you want to help me out... http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b82744b816d3
SaetZero
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States855 Posts
March 08 2011 23:47 GMT
#537
@is victini good or toooo good?

its 600 bst, with 100s across the board

other pokemon you might know of that are 600 bsp

gen 1: mew
gen 2: celebi
gen 3: jirachi
gen 4: mespirit


i would say he would trivalize the game a little bit. he isnt mew good, but hes pretty close
Never Forget. #TheRevolutionist
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
March 08 2011 23:53 GMT
#538
You mean Manaphy.

None of the fairies are all that great really. Just interesting typings with broad movepools (except for Manaphy).
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
March 08 2011 23:58 GMT
#539
What about Arceus? His stats add up to 720 >.>
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
March 09 2011 00:02 GMT
#540
Gigalith
tranquill
scraggy

Thats it for now, just got 4th badge, my vic road team will probably be

Gigalith
Sigilyph
Buffolant
Amoonguss
Scrafty
Some ghost, i dont care

Going to kick some serious ass, I have all beneficial natures with my current team, and I haven't found anything that this gigalith cant one shot with rock slide.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 96 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 156
Vindicta 29
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 9933
Rain 1158
Artosis 569
Bale 16
League of Legends
Doublelift4247
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox648
Mew2King353
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1152
Other Games
summit1g11227
Day[9].tv609
shahzam576
JimRising 551
PiGStarcraft196
C9.Mang0168
ArmadaUGS66
NeuroSwarm60
ViBE58
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV175
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream88
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 63
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 35
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie760
• Day9tv609
• Scarra524
• Shiphtur189
Upcoming Events
OSC
2m
CranKy Ducklings9
Stellar Fest
13h 2m
OSC
22h 2m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 10h
Online Event
1d 11h
FEL
1d 16h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 17h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 19h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.