• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:30
CEST 08:30
KST 15:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8908 users

Mount and Blade - Page 3

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
iRk
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden83 Posts
May 08 2011 11:42 GMT
#41
Its an awsome game, but you cant really play the original mode. I play the OT mode i think the name is
Think less, play more.
Xife
Profile Joined September 2009
224 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-08 13:05:53
May 08 2011 13:05 GMT
#42
www.c-rpg.net is a great mod for Warband. You sign up and then play multiplayer sieges / battles and your character levels up and you add stats as well as buy gear.

You need to be patient tho, as a peasant you will not get many kills and will die many many times.
ffswowsucks
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
Greece2298 Posts
May 08 2011 15:35 GMT
#43
On May 08 2011 22:05 Xife wrote:
www.c-rpg.net is a great mod for Warband. You sign up and then play multiplayer sieges / battles and your character levels up and you add stats as well as buy gear.

You need to be patient tho, as a peasant you will not get many kills and will die many many times.

We are sorry, the cRPG website is having technical difficulties right now...
Terran in particular is a notoriously strong race for a no brain skillhand bot style.
jtype
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
England2167 Posts
May 08 2011 15:46 GMT
#44
For single player, I'm enjoying this Warband mod, called AD1257. It gives you a large map of Europe and North Africa, with tons of factions and an improved trading/diplomacy/economy system.

Adds quite a few nice features that help you progress smoothly, like having the opportunity to invest in local business in any town/city that you go to, for example.
RoosterSamurai
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Japan2108 Posts
May 08 2011 15:53 GMT
#45
Have any of you guys checked out With Fire and Sword?
It's a great addition to the Mount and Blade franchise. I feel like it's added a level of strategy to the game, instead of just getting to level 25 and chopping up 60 guys all by yourself.

They added guns, but I don't feel like they are OP. Even though they do a lot of damage if you actually manage to hit someone, they take like 10 seconds to reload.

I pre-ordered it during the sale, and me and my friends love it. I recommend it to anyone who enjoys mount and blade.
Jyvblamo
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada13788 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-08 16:04:36
May 08 2011 15:59 GMT
#46
On May 07 2011 10:08 floor exercise wrote:
Anyone who doesn't own Warband yet (aka noobs) you can get it from direct2drive for 5.99, and if you google a tellapal referral link you can even get 15% of that if you are super cheap, making it just over 5 bux

Thanks for the tip! Do you think it's fine for someone who hasn't played the vanilla M&B to jump into Warband? And is there any point in playing the vanilla if I buy Warband?
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
May 08 2011 16:06 GMT
#47
On May 09 2011 00:59 Jyvblamo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2011 10:08 floor exercise wrote:
Anyone who doesn't own Warband yet (aka noobs) you can get it from direct2drive for 5.99, and if you google a tellapal referral link you can even get 15% of that if you are super cheap, making it just over 5 bux

Thanks for the tip! Do you think it's fine for someone who hasn't played the vanilla M&B to jump into Warband? And is there any point in playing the vanilla if I buy Warband?


No. Warband is the same except more stuff.
jtype
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
England2167 Posts
May 08 2011 16:08 GMT
#48
On May 09 2011 00:53 RoosterSamurai wrote:
Have any of you guys checked out With Fire and Sword?
It's a great addition to the Mount and Blade franchise. I feel like it's added a level of strategy to the game, instead of just getting to level 25 and chopping up 60 guys all by yourself.

They added guns, but I don't feel like they are OP. Even though they do a lot of damage if you actually manage to hit someone, they take like 10 seconds to reload.

I pre-ordered it during the sale, and me and my friends love it. I recommend it to anyone who enjoys mount and blade.


Yea, I also preordered it and have really enjoyed it so far. It's a lot more challenging than the previous games; and I wouldn't say that those were easy either.

Guns aren't OP, they do just about the amount of damage you'd expect from them . However, I would say that it can make the game a bit frustrating if someone just gets a lucky headshot on you from miles away and your AI buddies aren't really up to the task of winning by themselves.

It's a shame there isn't an option to switch control to one of your party, after you die. Although maybe that would remove some of the challenge..
MHT
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1026 Posts
May 08 2011 16:11 GMT
#49
On May 09 2011 00:59 Jyvblamo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2011 10:08 floor exercise wrote:
Anyone who doesn't own Warband yet (aka noobs) you can get it from direct2drive for 5.99, and if you google a tellapal referral link you can even get 15% of that if you are super cheap, making it just over 5 bux

Thanks for the tip! Do you think it's fine for someone who hasn't played the vanilla M&B to jump into Warband? And is there any point in playing the vanilla if I buy Warband?

Actually i think warbands is a much better and improved version of vanilla. So i would actually recommend just skipping vanilla alltogether since this game dosen't really revolve around story and its simple to learn.

Also you should try out some mods since they make the game way better imo. Think the one i use is called diplomacy and conquest, it adds alot diffrent things to the game making it much better.
Oneoldfogie
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom61 Posts
May 08 2011 16:25 GMT
#50
I love Mount and Blade: Warband, I bought it really cheap off Steam based on a recommendation from some friends, and for the amount of game time I've thus far received, it could actually be one of the most cost effective purchases I've made to date.

However, I have to say that I didn't really like playing the single player portion of the game as I didnt really know what I was supposed to be doing at any point. Although, im pretty sure i was just doing it wrong.

The real great thing about MB:WB is the multiplayer content in my opinion and is what I've spent most of my time doing. Just debating whether or not to get Fire and Sword now though, or wait until the price drops.
fush
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada563 Posts
May 08 2011 19:21 GMT
#51
On May 09 2011 01:25 Oneoldfogie wrote:
I love Mount and Blade: Warband, I bought it really cheap off Steam based on a recommendation from some friends, and for the amount of game time I've thus far received, it could actually be one of the most cost effective purchases I've made to date.

However, I have to say that I didn't really like playing the single player portion of the game as I didnt really know what I was supposed to be doing at any point. Although, im pretty sure i was just doing it wrong.

The real great thing about MB:WB is the multiplayer content in my opinion and is what I've spent most of my time doing. Just debating whether or not to get Fire and Sword now though, or wait until the price drops.


basically don't need the vanilla if you have warband, since warband has the single player component intact as well as the multiplayer.

which servers do you usually play online?
Psyonic_Reaver
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4343 Posts
May 12 2011 08:34 GMT
#52
Fire and Guns or whatever it's called just game out.

Guns OP.
So wait? I'm bad? =(
Deleted User 101379
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
4849 Posts
May 12 2011 08:59 GMT
#53
On May 09 2011 01:08 jtype wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2011 00:53 RoosterSamurai wrote:
Have any of you guys checked out With Fire and Sword?
It's a great addition to the Mount and Blade franchise. I feel like it's added a level of strategy to the game, instead of just getting to level 25 and chopping up 60 guys all by yourself.

They added guns, but I don't feel like they are OP. Even though they do a lot of damage if you actually manage to hit someone, they take like 10 seconds to reload.

I pre-ordered it during the sale, and me and my friends love it. I recommend it to anyone who enjoys mount and blade.


Yea, I also preordered it and have really enjoyed it so far. It's a lot more challenging than the previous games; and I wouldn't say that those were easy either.

Guns aren't OP, they do just about the amount of damage you'd expect from them . However, I would say that it can make the game a bit frustrating if someone just gets a lucky headshot on you from miles away and your AI buddies aren't really up to the task of winning by themselves.

It's a shame there isn't an option to switch control to one of your party, after you die. Although maybe that would remove some of the challenge..


I think the missing real levelling of your troops (except for the veteran thing) really hurts gameplay. Also, in warband i loved forming my own faction after a while and making my heroes vassals, but now it doesn't seem possible. The city upgrading is tedious, too.
It's also quite annoying that on many castles, your troops stop on the top of the ladder and don't move further in, even if there is no enemy on the other side, so you have to get a good engineer to be able to blow up the walls to capture those castles, even if you have far more troops.

I think fire and sword will be a nice game after the modders get their hands on it or the developers fix the problems, but currently it's fun in the first hours but when it gets to sieging castles, owning cities, etc. it is worse than warband.
Caryc
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany330 Posts
May 12 2011 09:18 GMT
#54
would you recommend the game for online only?
basically i downloaded the demos and i dont really understand what i have to do (quest : kill the looters! -> attack -> kill 5 looters -> money. next quest : kill the looters in the hidout -> i die )
but i like the combat :D
Deleted User 101379
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
4849 Posts
May 12 2011 09:33 GMT
#55
On May 12 2011 18:18 Caryc wrote:
would you recommend the game for online only?
basically i downloaded the demos and i dont really understand what i have to do (quest : kill the looters! -> attack -> kill 5 looters -> money. next quest : kill the looters in the hidout -> i die )
but i like the combat :D


Only played F&S in multiplayer, but it was quite fun, though there were a ton of annoying people. That included extremely racist chat, people standing on the ladders and blocking their own team from getting up to people buying grenades just to teamkill half their team at the start of the round.

I think it could be a lot of fun with a good team though.
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
May 12 2011 14:12 GMT
#56
On May 12 2011 17:34 Psyonic_Reaver wrote:
Fire and Guns or whatever it's called just game out.

Guns OP.


Guns in Siege situations are so fucking dumb.
Get it by your hands...
whatusername
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada1181 Posts
May 12 2011 14:22 GMT
#57
anyone remember that ownage mod for the original M&B called expanded gameplay? I recently got warband but vanilla is getting awfully boring... anyone know of a mod similar to expanded gameplay?
im gay
Taurent
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
Canada401 Posts
May 12 2011 14:24 GMT
#58
oh god guns are annoying, any idiot who gets lucky can be the end of you
floor exercise
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Canada5847 Posts
May 12 2011 14:27 GMT
#59
F&S is just an all around horrible game. It's a bad mod for pre Warband M&B that was very quickly and lazily ported over to Warband for MP
SirMilford
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia1269 Posts
May 12 2011 14:56 GMT
#60
I actually enjoy the use of guns for combat, i hate the multiplayer aspect of m+b so i am only playing the singleplayer but now you have to actually have some "cannon fodder" whereas before you could just get knights and the archers did 0 damage (or so it felt). Although getting headshoted is fairly annoying you can avoid that by you know, standing behind your troops.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 30m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Larva 455
Hyuk 275
Leta 227
Hyun 93
Hm[arnc] 33
ZergMaN 12
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm225
League of Legends
JimRising 734
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King91
Other Games
summit1g8941
WinterStarcraft523
Nina104
ArmadaUGS64
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick804
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream152
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2293
League of Legends
• Rush1458
• Lourlo994
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3h 30m
INu's Battles
5h 30m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
8h 30m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 30m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 30m
Replay Cast
16h 30m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 4h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 16h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.