• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:33
CEST 14:33
KST 21:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9023 users

[TV] HBO Game of Thrones - Page 69

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 67 68 69 70 71 1836 Next
All book discussion in this thread is now allowed.
cHicKeLoR
Profile Joined October 2008
Germany559 Posts
April 21 2011 19:11 GMT
#1361
this is so awesome :D good job hbo
karazax
Profile Joined May 2010
United States3737 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-21 21:00:38
April 21 2011 19:53 GMT
#1362
On April 22 2011 03:57 sMi.EternaL wrote:
Ah I see so I had it backwards!

In the books do they make such a short first appearance because as far as the show went it definitely left me asking a lot of questions about wtf they are, where they're from etc

I thought the girl was one of the creatures just faking being dead or some such to bait them back but i guess the creatures are actual creatures. didn't really get a good look at them so I just assumed they were humans with funky eyes

I think I'm going to have to Amazon the books unless someone has them on mp3 audio that i could listen to while HoN'ing or solitaire'ing I'm much too impatient to wait week by week to find out what happens in the story and the books are probably better anyway


In first book, the opening of the show is covered by the prologue chapter. It gives more details than the show, but still leaves more questions than answers. In the books the wights are humans who the white walkers killed, basicly like zombies, where the white walkers or "others" as they are more often called in the books, are an unknown evil. I always pictured them to look like the nazgul after Frodo puts on the ring at weathertop based on the books description, except for the glowing blue eyes that both the wights and white walkers share:
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +
They do not play a primary role in the first season.


Audible.com had the audio book on sale last I checked.
sMi.EternaL
Profile Joined June 2010
United States162 Posts
April 21 2011 20:23 GMT
#1363
Yea I found the audio book and have been listening to it for the past ~50minutes or so.

I've already found at least a dozen+ discrepancies from the show and the book lol but it's a good listen so far. The narrator could be better, his voice is fitting but it also makes all of the people sound the same and it's really hard to follow along with who's talking :x

When I say there are discrepancies I don't mean omitted facts which obviously there'll be a lot of. I mean the show blatantly did it differently.

+ Show Spoiler [Some differences in Show vs Book] +
at the start in the book there were no dead children, they werent torn apart, the opposite guys survived, he didn't get to tell Ned Stark about the walkers (if he did it wasnt mentioned) they said he had turned into a wildling, Bran is 7 (not 10) just to name a few so far :o


I know I know, you can't judge a show by the book because you'll always be disappointed, but still!

Former Leader of sMi - Sergeant of U.S. Marines
Doppelganger
Profile Joined May 2010
488 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-21 20:42:53
April 21 2011 20:42 GMT
#1364
Next season is said to premier in Spring of 2012. Dvd sales for season 1 might start before the airing or after the second season is finished.

Source:
http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/04/19/game-of-thrones-season-two-2/
karazax
Profile Joined May 2010
United States3737 Posts
April 21 2011 20:59 GMT
#1365
yes, well they covered 9 chapters in 1 hour, so there are a bunch of changes, some bigger than what you have noted so far. You are better off not reading it first if you find those type of changes bother you to the point that you are not enjoying the show any more. Still I think they capture the heart of those 9 chapters pretty well, even if I wish some parts were done differently or closer to the book.
sMi.EternaL
Profile Joined June 2010
United States162 Posts
April 21 2011 21:21 GMT
#1366
Yea, I definitely understand they're going to make changes and such I was just surprised there'd be so many blatantly large ones as opposed to the usual omission that occurs in book to tv/movie conversions.

Still a great show and I'm liking the book a lot as well. It's a 30 hour listen though so this will take a while lol
Former Leader of sMi - Sergeant of U.S. Marines
Igakusei
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States610 Posts
April 21 2011 21:32 GMT
#1367
On April 22 2011 06:21 sMi.EternaL wrote:
Yea, I definitely understand they're going to make changes and such I was just surprised there'd be so many blatantly large ones as opposed to the usual omission that occurs in book to tv/movie conversions.

Still a great show and I'm liking the book a lot as well. It's a 30 hour listen though so this will take a while lol


It's been longer since I've read the book, but I feel like it's a much more faithful adaption than many. Just be glad it's not another "Legend of the Seeker."
MapleFractal
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada307 Posts
April 21 2011 21:36 GMT
#1368
+ Show Spoiler +
On April 21 2011 21:39 -Archangel- wrote:
LOL

[image loading]



L O F-ing L wow that made me laugh so hard, haha. Theres going to be so many great memes from this show. Either way I really really enjoyed the first episode, even with the changes. As someone who has read the books and usually doesn't like shows/movies based on books I've read, I think that HBO can do the novels justice.... problem is we have been waiting for the newest book forever... what happens when the show catches the books?!

Maybe it forces JRR to give us what we've been waiting for ! XD
its called a Tuque damnit!
LGOE
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Canada18 Posts
April 21 2011 21:37 GMT
#1369
read the books. where can i buy this? i dont watch TV.
Xivsa
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1009 Posts
April 21 2011 21:45 GMT
#1370
On April 22 2011 06:21 sMi.EternaL wrote:
Yea, I definitely understand they're going to make changes and such I was just surprised there'd be so many blatantly large ones as opposed to the usual omission that occurs in book to tv/Movie conversions.

Still a great show and I'M liking the book a lot as well. It's a 30 hour listen though so this will take a while lol


Like the other guy said, the pilot is remarkably to the book for the First 9 chapters compared to other book-to-movie transitions. Even the two 'big' differences you mentioned aren't quite so big - + Show Spoiler +
everyone in that First scene ends up dead in One Way or another and as they've already announced, the child characters were aged up in agreement with Martin and to make more mature. Even Martin has stated he would have had older kids in his books had he redone the saga.


Personally, I'm impressed how faithful the pilot has been so far. If they keep it up is another matter, but the pacing of this story seems to lend itself to a TV series, probably thanks to Martin's background in TV and film.
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. - Bilbo
CynanMachae
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Canada1459 Posts
April 21 2011 23:01 GMT
#1371


Another preview for next week's episode. Eh they got the "it is known" right imo
Jang Yoon Chul hwaiting!
karazax
Profile Joined May 2010
United States3737 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-22 00:04:48
April 22 2011 00:04 GMT
#1372
On April 22 2011 06:37 LGOE wrote:
read the books. where can i buy this? i dont watch TV.


you can buy the books on Amazon, or just about any book store I imagine:
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
April 22 2011 09:06 GMT
#1373
On April 22 2011 09:04 karazax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2011 06:37 LGOE wrote:
read the books. where can i buy this? i dont watch TV.


you can buy the books on Amazon, or just about any book store I imagine:

I think he was talking about the TV show.

To answer his question, you can watch it on HBO (I think 1st episode can even be seen free on their website), or wait until the end of season to get DVDs or if you cannot wait PM me and I will give you a good torrent site.
Sprungjeezy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1313 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-22 14:12:30
April 22 2011 14:02 GMT
#1374
I'm spoilering this because it MIGHT be true in future episodes. But I rewatched and I noticed...

+ Show Spoiler +
The younger sister (of the royal family, Iya (SP?)) is presumably a bastard child as well. Her ears (that the camera focuses on in the beginning followed by her excellent archery). I don't know if I'm the first person to notice this, but it just hit me like a brick when I started re-watching.
cyberspace
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada955 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-22 14:09:24
April 22 2011 14:08 GMT
#1375
On April 22 2011 23:02 Sprungjeezy wrote:
I'm spoilering this because it MIGHT be true in future episodes. But I rewatched and I noticed...

+ Show Spoiler +
The younger sister (of the royal family, I can't recall the name atm) is presumably a bastard child as well. Her ears (that the camera focuses on in the beginning followed by her excellent archery). I don't know if I'm the first person to notice this, but it just hit me like a brick when I started re-watching.


+ Show Spoiler +
Are you talking about Princess Myrcella? If so, than yes she is a bastard. All of Cersei's children were fathered by Jaime. If you're talking about Arya, then no. She is not a bastard.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
nonsequitur
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
384 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-22 14:09:59
April 22 2011 14:09 GMT
#1376
On April 22 2011 23:02 Sprungjeezy wrote:
I'm spoilering this because it MIGHT be true in future episodes. But I rewatched and I noticed...

+ Show Spoiler +
The younger sister (of the royal family, I can't recall the name atm) is presumably a bastard child as well. Her ears (that the camera focuses on in the beginning followed by her excellent archery). I don't know if I'm the first person to notice this, but it just hit me like a brick when I started re-watching.


+ Show Spoiler +
Arya Stark? Baratheon is the royal family, not Stark. As for whether she's a bastard child, having read the books, + Show Spoiler +
no.
duckii
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany1017 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-22 14:13:04
April 22 2011 14:11 GMT
#1377
On April 22 2011 23:02 Sprungjeezy wrote:
I'm spoilering this because it MIGHT be true in future episodes. But I rewatched and I noticed...

+ Show Spoiler +
The younger sister (of the royal family, I can't recall the name atm) is presumably a bastard child as well. Her ears (that the camera focuses on in the beginning followed by her excellent archery). I don't know if I'm the first person to notice this, but it just hit me like a brick when I started re-watching.


+ Show Spoiler +
whats wrong with her ears? she is not a bastard
don't read cybers spoiler lol :p
betaV1.25
Profile Joined April 2010
425 Posts
April 22 2011 14:13 GMT
#1378
On April 22 2011 23:08 Cyberspace1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2011 23:02 Sprungjeezy wrote:
I'm spoilering this because it MIGHT be true in future episodes. But I rewatched and I noticed...

+ Show Spoiler +
The younger sister (of the royal family, I can't recall the name atm) is presumably a bastard child as well. Her ears (that the camera focuses on in the beginning followed by her excellent archery). I don't know if I'm the first person to notice this, but it just hit me like a brick when I started re-watching.


+ Show Spoiler +
Are you talking about Princess Myrcella? If so, than yes she is a bastard. All of Cersei's children were fathered by Jaime. If you're talking about Arya, then no. She is not a bastard.

I am with this guy.
Maginor
Profile Joined May 2010
Norway505 Posts
April 22 2011 14:14 GMT
#1379
On April 22 2011 23:02 Sprungjeezy wrote:
I'm spoilering this because it MIGHT be true in future episodes. But I rewatched and I noticed...

+ Show Spoiler +
The younger sister (of the royal family, I can't recall the name atm) is presumably a bastard child as well. Her ears (that the camera focuses on in the beginning followed by her excellent archery). I don't know if I'm the first person to notice this, but it just hit me like a brick when I started re-watching.


Do you mean Arya of the Stark family? Read next spoiler if you want the truth about that.

+ Show Spoiler +

Why should her ears and her archery have anything to do with her being a bastard child? Were her ears significantly different from the other children? No, she's not a bastard. She is the daughter of Catelyn and Eddard.
Sprungjeezy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1313 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-22 14:28:54
April 22 2011 14:17 GMT
#1380
+ Show Spoiler +
Shoot duh, of course Starks not the royal family, lol. But yea I was talking about Arya Stark. Maybe it's just me, but her ears did seem odd at the start and then almost the next scene she puts a bullseye up.




Well apparently I missed a lot. Geez, glad I'm rewatching. Daenerys
+ Show Spoiler +
I noticed this the first time through, but now I think it makes more sense. "You have a woman's body now." "You don't want to wake the dragon." Then her brothers baller Dragon ring. Can't wait for next episode, might end up reading the books.


Also worth noting, her brothers fucked up.
Prev 1 67 68 69 70 71 1836 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
Classic vs PercivalLIVE!
herO vs Rogue
IntoTheiNu 951
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
ByuN vs KrystianerLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings224
CranKy Ducklings SOOP18
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech93
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 45413
Shuttle 13015
FanTaSy 1550
Hyuk 1223
BeSt 611
Horang2 498
Pusan 358
Mini 337
Stork 238
EffOrt 230
[ Show more ]
Last 157
Zeus 153
Killer 135
Mind 92
sorry 78
Soma 62
Hyun 60
ggaemo 49
PianO 49
Snow 46
ToSsGirL 38
hero 35
Hm[arnc] 31
Bale 29
Aegong 22
JYJ 17
zelot 17
NaDa 13
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Sacsri 9
Noble 8
Dota 2
Dendi953
XcaliburYe375
qojqva41
Counter-Strike
fl0m2513
byalli964
x6flipin497
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu348
Other Games
gofns34084
singsing3212
B2W.Neo1058
Hui .157
Livibee140
ArmadaUGS93
Mew2King65
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick678
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream70
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis1400
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
2h 27m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 27m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 27m
Replay Cast
10h 27m
Afreeca Starleague
21h 27m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
22h 27m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 21h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 22h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.