• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:21
CEST 12:21
KST 19:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
All you football fans (soccer)! Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8053 users

[TV] HBO Game of Thrones - Page 41

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 39 40 41 42 43 1836 Next
All book discussion in this thread is now allowed.
Telcontar
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom16710 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-14 21:12:02
April 14 2011 21:10 GMT
#801
On April 15 2011 05:55 Jyvblamo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2011 01:54 Telcontar wrote:
On April 15 2011 01:51 Xinder wrote:
I've almost finished the first book. Is it true that although the TV series is going to be "Game of Thrones" it will contain spoilers from more than just the first book? This is what one of my co workers told me and I haven't read books 2, 3 and 4 yet so i don't want to watch the TV show until I'm all caught up.

No need to worry. Each season will only deal with the corresponding books in the series.

There are a few minor tidbits that we've already seen that refer to the other books. For example + Show Spoiler +
in a released clip where Robert and Ned are having a conversation on the road south from Winterfell, it is revealed that Jon Snow's mother is Wylla, which isn't known to the reader until A Storm of Swords.

True, there will be some deviations from the books. GRRM himself has mentioned that a character is being killed off in season 1 who actually dies later on in the actual series. In terms of the main plot and the pool of characters though, it will stick very close to the source material. The slight changes shouldn't spoil anything noteworthy.

+ Show Spoiler +
Oh and we all know who Jon's real parents were and Wylla was most likely just his wetnurse.
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta.
epicdoom
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States489 Posts
April 15 2011 07:58 GMT
#802
You can throw this into the OP there was a hype article about GOT in the Times yesterday
http://tv.nytimes.com/2011/04/15/arts/television/game-of-thrones-begins-sunday-on-hbo-review.html?hp
Zim23
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1681 Posts
April 15 2011 08:00 GMT
#803
I am soooo hyped I didn't watch any videos so I can have virgin eyes this Sunday, if it sucks I will rampage.
Do an arranged marriage if she's not completely minging, and don't worry about dancing, get a go-kart, cheers.
zerglingsfolife
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1694 Posts
April 15 2011 08:08 GMT
#804
On April 15 2011 16:58 epicdoom wrote:
You can throw this into the OP there was a hype article about GOT in the Times yesterday
http://tv.nytimes.com/2011/04/15/arts/television/game-of-thrones-begins-sunday-on-hbo-review.html?hp


Wow, what a terrible fucking review. LOL.
Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crown and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness.
slyboogie
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3423 Posts
April 15 2011 08:10 GMT
#805
Hitfix's Alan Sepinwall and Dan Feinberg gave the show absolutely glowing reviews. Both are completely obnoxious quasi-intellectual TV critics, but they happen very good. I'm now super hyped for the show, even though I have never read the novels. Perhaps unfortunately, I am expecting this project to be up there with Six Feet Under and The Wire, I hope my expectations aren't too high!
"We dug coal together." Boyd Crowder, Justified
maartendq
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Belgium3115 Posts
April 15 2011 08:22 GMT
#806
On April 15 2011 17:10 slyboogie wrote:
Hitfix's Alan Sepinwall and Dan Feinberg gave the show absolutely glowing reviews. Both are completely obnoxious quasi-intellectual TV critics, but they happen very good. I'm now super hyped for the show, even though I have never read the novels. Perhaps unfortunately, I am expecting this project to be up there with Six Feet Under and The Wire, I hope my expectations aren't too high!

Don't forget about Rome, Carnivale, Band of Brothers and The Pacific!
ShadowDrgn
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States2497 Posts
April 15 2011 08:22 GMT
#807
On April 15 2011 17:08 zerglingsfolife wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2011 16:58 epicdoom wrote:
You can throw this into the OP there was a hype article about GOT in the Times yesterday
http://tv.nytimes.com/2011/04/15/arts/television/game-of-thrones-begins-sunday-on-hbo-review.html?hp


Wow, what a terrible fucking review. LOL.


45 year old woman. She's not the target audience and she knows it.
Of course, you only live one life, and you make all your mistakes, and learn what not to do, and that’s the end of you.
zerglingsfolife
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1694 Posts
April 15 2011 08:26 GMT
#808
Much better idea of reviews. http://www.metacritic.com/tv/game-of-thrones/season-1/critic-reviews

2 of the 3 "mixed" reviews were by women who just said they didn't like it because they didn't like fantasy. The rest are all very positive
Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crown and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
April 15 2011 08:53 GMT
#809
On April 15 2011 17:08 zerglingsfolife wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2011 16:58 epicdoom wrote:
You can throw this into the OP there was a hype article about GOT in the Times yesterday
http://tv.nytimes.com/2011/04/15/arts/television/game-of-thrones-begins-sunday-on-hbo-review.html?hp


Wow, what a terrible fucking review. LOL.

It is not even a review, it is a bashing LOL
Vifee
Profile Joined July 2010
United States31 Posts
April 15 2011 09:21 GMT
#810
The only HBO show I didn't love was Entourage, and I fully believe Rome to be the greatest series ever made. I expect HBO to deliver, I'll be amazed if they don't.
Twisted
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Netherlands13554 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-15 10:02:20
April 15 2011 10:02 GMT
#811
On April 15 2011 16:58 epicdoom wrote:
You can throw this into the OP there was a hype article about GOT in the Times yesterday
http://tv.nytimes.com/2011/04/15/arts/television/game-of-thrones-begins-sunday-on-hbo-review.html?hp


It says something about current American attitudes toward sex that with the exception of the lurid and awful “Californication,”


Stopped reading. LOL. Californication is awesome.
Moderator
karazax
Profile Joined May 2010
United States3737 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-15 19:59:41
April 15 2011 19:18 GMT
#812
Epic win! HBO's Bloody, Bold Game of Thrones review by Time Magazine

Sopranos with Swords - Movie City News Review

Telcontar
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom16710 Posts
April 15 2011 19:28 GMT
#813
On April 15 2011 19:02 Twisted wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2011 16:58 epicdoom wrote:
You can throw this into the OP there was a hype article about GOT in the Times yesterday
http://tv.nytimes.com/2011/04/15/arts/television/game-of-thrones-begins-sunday-on-hbo-review.html?hp


Show nested quote +
It says something about current American attitudes toward sex that with the exception of the lurid and awful “Californication,”


Stopped reading. LOL. Californication is awesome.

Seasons 1 & 2? I completely agree. 3 & 4? Well, if you exlcude the opener/finale episodes, they were pretty piss poor.
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta.
slyboogie
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3423 Posts
April 15 2011 19:36 GMT
#814
On April 15 2011 18:21 Vifee wrote:
The only HBO show I didn't love was Entourage, and I fully believe Rome to be the greatest series ever made. I expect HBO to deliver, I'll be amazed if they don't.


I adored Rome and it's a shame it's only 2 seasons but I wouldn't put it close to Six Feet Under and the Wire. It's more like The Sopranos, Oz or Deadwood, really excellent programs but not genius. At least in my opinion =P
"We dug coal together." Boyd Crowder, Justified
Drunken.Jedi
Profile Joined June 2009
Germany446 Posts
April 15 2011 19:47 GMT
#815
On April 15 2011 05:55 Jyvblamo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2011 01:54 Telcontar wrote:
On April 15 2011 01:51 Xinder wrote:
I've almost finished the first book. Is it true that although the TV series is going to be "Game of Thrones" it will contain spoilers from more than just the first book? This is what one of my co workers told me and I haven't read books 2, 3 and 4 yet so i don't want to watch the TV show until I'm all caught up.

No need to worry. Each season will only deal with the corresponding books in the series.

There are a few minor tidbits that we've already seen that refer to the other books. For example + Show Spoiler +
in a released clip where Robert and Ned are having a conversation on the road south from Winterfell, it is revealed that Jon Snow's mother is Wylla, which isn't known to the reader until A Storm of Swords.

That information is actually in AGoT.
+ Show Spoiler +

In the second Eddard chapter, while King Robert is at Winterfell, he and Ned go for a ride and there Robert asks "what was her name, that common girl of yours? Becca? [...] You know the one I mean, your bastard's mother?" To which Eddard replies "her name was Wylla".
Besides, it is still unknown who Jon's parents are as it is entirely possibly (and imo very likely) that Eddard lied about Jon's parentage.
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
April 15 2011 20:01 GMT
#816
On April 15 2011 16:58 epicdoom wrote:
You can throw this into the OP there was a hype article about GOT in the Times yesterday
http://tv.nytimes.com/2011/04/15/arts/television/game-of-thrones-begins-sunday-on-hbo-review.html?hp

Lol "hype article"

The NYT review is utter trash and doesn't mention an actor, plot point, or character only to bash fantasy fans in general and women specifically. It's an offensive, insulting article.
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
ThE_OsToJiY
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Canada1167 Posts
April 15 2011 20:05 GMT
#817
HBO never disappoints. So incredibly excited for this.
@ostojiy
Xeteh
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States589 Posts
April 15 2011 20:28 GMT
#818
Anyone else re-reading the books? Its been a couple years for me and with Dance SUPPOSEDLY (lol) being released in a handful of months I wanted a refresher.

Can't wait for this weekend though. The show's gonna be sick.
Ikonn
Profile Joined October 2009
Netherlands1958 Posts
April 15 2011 20:44 GMT
#819
I'm so hyped for this. Shame no Dutch channel has picked this up though I'm not really surprised
Xinder
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2269 Posts
April 15 2011 20:53 GMT
#820
On April 16 2011 04:47 Drunken.Jedi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2011 05:55 Jyvblamo wrote:
On April 15 2011 01:54 Telcontar wrote:
On April 15 2011 01:51 Xinder wrote:
I've almost finished the first book. Is it true that although the TV series is going to be "Game of Thrones" it will contain spoilers from more than just the first book? This is what one of my co workers told me and I haven't read books 2, 3 and 4 yet so i don't want to watch the TV show until I'm all caught up.

No need to worry. Each season will only deal with the corresponding books in the series.

There are a few minor tidbits that we've already seen that refer to the other books. For example + Show Spoiler +
in a released clip where Robert and Ned are having a conversation on the road south from Winterfell, it is revealed that Jon Snow's mother is Wylla, which isn't known to the reader until A Storm of Swords.

That information is actually in AGoT.
+ Show Spoiler +

In the second Eddard chapter, while King Robert is at Winterfell, he and Ned go for a ride and there Robert asks "what was her name, that common girl of yours? Becca? [...] You know the one I mean, your bastard's mother?" To which Eddard replies "her name was Wylla".
Besides, it is still unknown who Jon's parents are as it is entirely possibly (and imo very likely) that Eddard lied about Jon's parentage.


I had forgotten where it was mentioned about that but now i remember it. I JUST(i.e. last night lol) finished AGoT and it was AWESOME!!! So stoked to watch this.
"Daaayyyy9, King Pussyfoot of NinnyVille"- Day9 while playing Amnesia
Prev 1 39 40 41 42 43 1836 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
10:00
Ro8 Match 4
Leta vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 9879
StarCastTV_EN223
Liquipedia
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings43
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 5825
Jaedong 2428
EffOrt 1718
actioN 880
BeSt 661
Soma 444
Killer 438
Horang2 438
Pusan 296
ZerO 265
[ Show more ]
Stork 171
Zeus 144
Rush 90
soO 76
HiyA 67
JYJ 56
Mong 32
Shinee 31
ToSsGirL 31
Barracks 28
Bale 28
NaDa 23
Sexy 22
Sharp 21
sorry 20
Terrorterran 20
JulyZerg 12
Noble 9
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc3382
XaKoH 341
Counter-Strike
edward70
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes978
WinterStarcraft828
Other Games
gofns48898
singsing1322
olofmeister1161
ceh9543
byalli369
Livibee195
Pyrionflax122
ArmadaUGS50
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick524
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream374
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 153
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH359
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1920
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
13h 39m
Kung Fu Cup
1d
The PondCast
1d 23h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.