• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:52
CEST 06:52
KST 13:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7430 users

Hip Hop / Rap Music Discussion - Page 15

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 68 Next
MCDayC
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom14464 Posts
June 17 2013 12:07 GMT
#281
I just hope its a massive improvement from Recovery, or if I'm honest, any of the album he's put out in the last 10 years.

Recovery was a lyrical wonder, and him being personal was quite nice, but the constant yelling, dull as all hell beats and horribad choruses I could do with out.

Also, while his pun heavy punchlines work on fun, jokey songs like Kill You, they're terrible when delivered with po faced seriousness on songs that are supposed to be "deep".
VERY FRAGILE, LIKE A BABY PANDA EGG
Pandemona *
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Charlie Sheens House51493 Posts
June 17 2013 12:10 GMT
#282
Indeed, i agree it hasn't been his best stuff, i still can listen to the albums because im a big fan, but i do agree its no where near the level or Shady LP or anything like that.

I think his best stuff as of late have come when he does a few verses on other peoples songs. 50Cent song for example.
ModeratorTeam Liquid Football Thread Guru! - Chelsea FC ♥
d_runk
Profile Joined March 2013
124 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-17 12:26:39
June 17 2013 12:26 GMT
#283
I'm gonna see the Wu Tang Clan live this summer, so I've been grinding WU records for the past week. 36 chambers and Nigga Please, and Liquid Swords are some of the best albums ever. I also like Method Man, but somewhy not entire albums, just individual tracks. Did you guys know that P.Diddy produced Tical.0 and that Method was not really satisfied with the result ?
Other that that I like Madlib's music, that guy is superprolific, but I really prefer his more "rappier" projects like lootpack, quasimoto, madvillain, jaylib.
"You just offended like 90% of the world -I'm fine with that. 90% of people are pretty stupid" Jinro
MCDayC
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom14464 Posts
June 17 2013 12:32 GMT
#284


New Jay-Z album coming out soon!
VERY FRAGILE, LIKE A BABY PANDA EGG
Pandemona *
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Charlie Sheens House51493 Posts
June 17 2013 12:55 GMT
#285
AMG I am going to do t hat, thanks MCDayC xD
Will set reminder in phone now xD
ModeratorTeam Liquid Football Thread Guru! - Chelsea FC ♥
MCDayC
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom14464 Posts
June 17 2013 13:14 GMT
#286
o.O

Just read that Jay's new album has gone platinum already.

Samsung has bought 1 million copies cause of the promo.



Goddam.
VERY FRAGILE, LIKE A BABY PANDA EGG
andyrau
Profile Joined December 2010
13015 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-17 20:12:37
June 17 2013 15:19 GMT
#287
hov spendin all dat sammy won
I heard it's exclusive to Samsung phones, lol.

also I've had a chance to digest Yeezus and it's pretty mediocre. Production was cool and all but man, the rest was whack. I think I'm putting this ahead of 808s and behind graduation, which makes this a bottom tier album.

oh except for bound2, you a real soulful track.
"Zai is legitimately not as good as bulba." | kaipi ti3 champions
KazmA
Profile Joined August 2011
United States117 Posts
June 17 2013 16:33 GMT
#288
Ive been listening to a lot of Andre Nickatina lately. Everyone should really check him out.

Eyes of a child
+ Show Spoiler +


+ Show Spoiler +


Call the Dealer
+ Show Spoiler +


Conversation With A Devil
+ Show Spoiler +


Dice of life
+ Show Spoiler +
"I intend to live forever, or die trying"- Groucho Marks
Juliette
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6003 Posts
June 17 2013 23:19 GMT
#289
i'll run through yeezus tomorrow just cause.

how did you tier them again andy?

LR
MBDTF
CD
Grad
Yeezus
808

?

i've been listening to a lot of UGK and Big Krit. I have a thing for the south or something. I have a lot of Killer Mike but for some reason I can't get into his albums like I can on his track with Yela.

Also I can go to 3 different drake concerts if i tried hard enough. but i'll prolly pick either chicago or LA bc anaheim is during school. I'm actually kinda excited to go
OKAY FROM THAT PERSPECTIVE I SEE WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT
andyrau
Profile Joined December 2010
13015 Posts
June 18 2013 00:27 GMT
#290
In terms of how I like them
CD > LR > Grad >= MBDTF > Yeezus > 808s

In terms of how good they are
LR >> CD >>> Grad > MBDTF >> Yeezus >>>>> 808s


rofl can't wait for bgf's double (!) review to drop tomorrow
"Zai is legitimately not as good as bulba." | kaipi ti3 champions
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
June 18 2013 00:46 GMT
#291
LR>MBDTG>CD>Grad>808s>yeezus for me
I like them all, but Yeezus is merely a good album whereas the other ones are great.
I feel like he made all the beats for Yeezus and then just phoned in the actual lyrics, some of it is so lazy.
Juliette
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6003 Posts
June 18 2013 01:03 GMT
#292
I like bgf but i disagree enough that i don't really wanna read it. Good shit tho lol

I really need to get to writing again...
OKAY FROM THAT PERSPECTIVE I SEE WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT
MassHysteria
Profile Joined October 2010
United States3678 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-19 15:01:05
June 18 2013 03:31 GMT
#293
On June 17 2013 21:26 d_runk wrote:
I'm gonna see the Wu Tang Clan live this summer, so I've been grinding WU records for the past week. 36 chambers and Nigga Please, and Liquid Swords are some of the best albums ever. I also like Method Man, but somewhy not entire albums, just individual tracks. Did you guys know that P.Diddy produced Tical.0 and that Method was not really satisfied with the result ?
Other that that I like Madlib's music, that guy is superprolific, but I really prefer his more "rappier" projects like lootpack, quasimoto, madvillain, jaylib.
+ Show Spoiler +
http://youtu.be/0gEPxgPQmRc

Nice. I've seen the Wu live also, good shit. And Method not being satisfied is hilarious since his albums have all been shit lol.




edit: P.S. madlib start his last round with that same beat you posted d-runk in the soundclash I posted few pages ago: + Show Spoiler +
On June 10 2013 07:12 MassHysteria wrote:
Plus the soundclash between cut chemist and madlib is one of the best 30 mins ever on youtube!: (2001)



"Just ban all the J's...even jinklejoes" --unnamed source
FecalTank
Profile Joined March 2012
United States70 Posts
June 18 2013 03:43 GMT
#294
Off-current-topic: Still waiting on that Despot album. One day.

+ Show Spoiler +
"Why is it that one knows not what one will do in the future, nor what one thought of it back then?" | Goddamnit Oreki, it was right there.
Juliette
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6003 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-18 14:41:52
June 18 2013 14:31 GMT
#295
1st yeezus run:

+ Show Spoiler +

  1. I like the break partway through the song thing in On Sight
  2. Black Skinhead is a nice example of Kanye's control over his rapping. Was a big thing in MBDTF vs previous i think - kanye having more control. although the concept is hard to explain and the best explanation i have is a piece i read from somewhere.
  3. Disappointing considering the name... nothing outlandish enough to live up to the title, and kinda boring flow/lyrics
  4. i love his flow. good example of 'control' - at 2:14 he starts to rhyme with the "A" syllable and his voice inflection gets super high and it just sounds out of control... 10 seconds ago he was calmer (I suppose that's on purpose because of the subject matter) and it sounded better from a purely "singing out of tune" standpoint. although the antithesis to this is that at 2:07 he inhales sharply after a "quick" bar, so its possible that the whole thing was just one recording (or a few big ones) and he's supposed to sound like that. it's not that big of a problem in this song overall though. I also love the sudden switch at the end to the autotuned drums/strings. i don't love it but it's a pretty easy way to change the tone/sound of the song.
  5. LOL IS THIS 808s. oh. his verse is kinda boring. its 1st run so i dont expect to judge how the words help the album thematically but it sounds meh. I like the part after 3 mins though where its just singing. is this a good time to mention i liked 808s? super good production though but its a forgettable song. which is pretty bad for a 10 song album
  6. you can pretend she's saying "oppa" omg. i think its a little hard to write about the album without paying attention to the lyrics. but he's jumping topics a lot here
  7. cause now hes autotuned LOL. i really shouldnt but i really like this song's 1st half. 2nd half (rap part) is... almost boring but only because it sounds like classic kanye. which is actually very good. i really like this song.
  8. ok now im annoyed by the autotune i want some sick kanye raps or something. actually in retrospect even MBDTF lyrically wasn't as wild as i'm expecting. maybe its the kanye hype but i shouldnt expect every song to be him bragging about how he's god or something. this isn't WTT. but this sounds like something out of a lil wayne album. OH THERES CUDI. now it sounds like 808s a little more. which means i need to listen to it a little bit more or something and listen to what he's saying and not just hear the music playing.
  9. fuck this album is short.
  10. WOW this is the song i was waiting for.



overall production is super sick though. hard to tell where the features are.


i'll get to more in depth stuff as i digest it i guess. will post a writeup on the link in signature.

EDIT+ Show Spoiler +
i lied about I AM GOD "THE ONLY RAPPER COMPARED TO MICHAEL" LOL. also i dont really get a feel for rap unless i can read the lyrics so thats why i dont talk about the lyrics lol.
OKAY FROM THAT PERSPECTIVE I SEE WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT
MassHysteria
Profile Joined October 2010
United States3678 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-18 16:49:27
June 18 2013 16:48 GMT
#296
Kanye's albums will never not be produced well imo. Even if the songs aren't to your liking, the man makes great records. He is ambitious in being cutting-edge and figuring out/setting the next pop trends. He is fearless, in an artsy way.

edit: with that said, want to hear Yeezus still, hopefully tonight.
"Just ban all the J's...even jinklejoes" --unnamed source
Juliette
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6003 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-18 17:01:06
June 18 2013 17:00 GMT
#297
I agree. What i love about him the most is that he's always moving forward while embracing whatever comes with that. Hard to believe he produced half of blueprint a decade ago. (Although not really - hey still has his trademarks in sampling and sound that's trancended his evolution)
OKAY FROM THAT PERSPECTIVE I SEE WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT
andyrau
Profile Joined December 2010
13015 Posts
June 18 2013 19:39 GMT
#298
uh better way to put that is he just dickrides new trends.
Kanye doesn't experiment, he builds on top of whatever is just a bit beyond the curve and frankly, I'm more than happy with that.

IMO one of the best albums he produced was Be, but most of that was in conjunction with NoID so idk if that says much at all.


For those of you that like bound2, this actually exists:
"Zai is legitimately not as good as bulba." | kaipi ti3 champions
Juliette
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6003 Posts
June 18 2013 19:42 GMT
#299
that's so good though omg
OKAY FROM THAT PERSPECTIVE I SEE WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT
Himmel
Profile Joined January 2009
United States68 Posts
June 18 2013 19:43 GMT
#300
All about that golden age era
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 68 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech128
Nina 106
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2111
Shuttle 1037
Snow 106
Dewaltoss 54
Bale 36
Hm[arnc] 36
Noble 29
Icarus 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm151
League of Legends
JimRising 615
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1127
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor661
Other Games
summit1g8380
C9.Mang0309
PiGStarcraft277
Mew2King176
ViBE57
ArmadaUGS33
RuFF_SC20
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream65
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 21
• Response 18
• Letter147
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2348
League of Legends
• Lourlo1125
• Rush870
• Stunt292
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
8h 8m
OSC
17h 8m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 5h
Online Event
1d 6h
FEL
1d 11h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 12h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 14h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.