• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:04
CEST 06:04
KST 13:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7630 users

Hip Hop / Rap Music Discussion - Page 17

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 68 Next
Daimai
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Sweden762 Posts
June 21 2013 16:24 GMT
#321
I don't know, Yeezus is definitely not Kanyes best, but not his worst either. I like his experiment with "harsher" beats, which makes him sound a bit like Death Grips. I don't think he nailed it 100% but it's still a solid album.
To pray is to accept defeat.
MCDayC
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom14464 Posts
June 21 2013 16:43 GMT
#322
On June 22 2013 01:18 darthfoley wrote:
I don't really agree with either of you. Maybe it's just me, but I really think the enjoyability of a song rests at least 40-60% on the beat/music surrounding the lyrics. I just found Yeezus incredibly hard to listen to; to me, Born Sinner (at least 3-4 of the songs) were smooth sounding, which is something i value highly.

I won't be listening to Yeezus again, nor spending money on it.

I haven't listened to Yeezus or Born Sinner yet, but for me I'm finding myself veering away from smoothness, I keep going back to albums like Danny Brown's XXX and Chance the Rappers's Acid Rap, just cause they are like the opposite of predictable, smooth sounding music.

So I guess I'll enjoy Yeezus?
VERY FRAGILE, LIKE A BABY PANDA EGG
Rayeth
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States883 Posts
June 21 2013 16:48 GMT
#323
Yeezus was nothing special IMO. It's Kanye being self indulgent and trying to make an art album. It doesn't really come off as very good, especially considering how amazing MBDTF was. My suspicion is that we as a civilization have reached peak Kanye and have only downward to go from here.
The Innocent shall suffer... big time.
MassHysteria
Profile Joined October 2010
United States3678 Posts
June 21 2013 16:50 GMT
#324
His peak will be getting a Kardashian pregnant, and we all know it.

=P
"Just ban all the J's...even jinklejoes" --unnamed source
el_dawg
Profile Joined September 2011
United States164 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-27 00:16:58
June 21 2013 17:01 GMT
#325
Not really a fan of Yeezus either. It's sorta difficult to listen to for casual listening and not nuanced/deep enough for an artsy album. It makes his other albums seem subtle, which is saying something, lol. Obviously Kanye was going for a harsh sound, but I'm just not a fan.
MCDayC
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom14464 Posts
June 21 2013 17:29 GMT
#326
MassHysteria, I think your sig is a slighty misquote, its "at exactly which point..."
VERY FRAGILE, LIKE A BABY PANDA EGG
MassHysteria
Profile Joined October 2010
United States3678 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-21 17:44:36
June 21 2013 17:42 GMT
#327
I think you're prob right. I only meant to have it on for like a day when I first put it.
"Just ban all the J's...even jinklejoes" --unnamed source
andyrau
Profile Joined December 2010
13015 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-21 21:43:08
June 21 2013 21:32 GMT
#328
On June 22 2013 01:43 MCDayC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 22 2013 01:18 darthfoley wrote:
I don't really agree with either of you. Maybe it's just me, but I really think the enjoyability of a song rests at least 40-60% on the beat/music surrounding the lyrics. I just found Yeezus incredibly hard to listen to; to me, Born Sinner (at least 3-4 of the songs) were smooth sounding, which is something i value highly.

I won't be listening to Yeezus again, nor spending money on it.

I haven't listened to Yeezus or Born Sinner yet, but for me I'm finding myself veering away from smoothness, I keep going back to albums like Danny Brown's XXX and Chance the Rappers's Acid Rap, just cause they are like the opposite of predictable, smooth sounding music.

So I guess I'll enjoy Yeezus?

well xxx was one of the best conceptual albums in the past 5 years and Acid Rap is like one of the mixtapes of the year so I wouldn't really say Yeezus is on the same level.

Yeezus is like an amalgamation of a lot of the new developing trends in alt-hiphop, watered down for the rest of us to enjoy (or not). That said, most people that say 'yo yeezy pushed the envalope wit dis joint' need to uh.. diversify their portfolio, so to speak. On the other hand, they're right in the sense that this album is definitely more grungy than his past works.


Really, between the two albums (Yeezus and Born Sinner), BGF put it pretty nicely. Look past all of his childish hate and funny jabs and there's actually a valid opinion to be considered.

Yeezus might be a great album, or it might not. First couple listens you're either going to love or hate the edginess, but it'll probably be a decade or more before we can actually go back and say with certainty, "Kanye outdid hisself with this and changed the game again" or it might just be one of those things were it's like, "Well, at the very least we got Bound 2 out of it."

And Born Sinner is just like.. same ol shit once again. I mean, that Eeyore comparison Mr. Cocaine Biceps did with the Sideline Story really exemplified the self-angst and retrospection in the album, but I think his droopy eyes and face is a great metaphor for the amount of bore I derived from Born Sinner. "Aite" is the most apt description, nuff said.
"Zai is legitimately not as good as bulba." | kaipi ti3 champions
Juliette
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6003 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-21 22:47:39
June 21 2013 22:31 GMT
#329
damn thats a good way to put it


edit
not REALLY rap but i love everything about this and i like drake http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/06/watch-drake-get-denied-access-to-the-heat-locker-room/
OKAY FROM THAT PERSPECTIVE I SEE WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
June 21 2013 23:44 GMT
#330
On June 22 2013 01:48 Rayeth wrote:
Yeezus was nothing special IMO. It's Kanye being self indulgent and trying to make an art album. It doesn't really come off as very good, especially considering how amazing MBDTF was. My suspicion is that we as a civilization have reached peak Kanye and have only downward to go from here.

idk I think a lot of people felt that way after 808s and he went on to make MBDTF, Kanye is unpredictable.

I don't think it's a poorly made album, if someone went in expecting MBDTF or old Kanye or doesn't like the dark sounding beats I could understand why they'd be disappointed, but I think Kanye was successful in creating the sound he wanted to achieve.
MCDayC
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom14464 Posts
June 22 2013 00:40 GMT
#331
What other hip hop forums do you guys go to, if any at all?
VERY FRAGILE, LIKE A BABY PANDA EGG
Juliette
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6003 Posts
June 22 2013 00:45 GMT
#332
None. I don't really like discussing music (though i'm starting to) because its all opinion. Same with kpop (i only really visit kmd). I don't want to be overloaded eith opinions and reading and i just want to enjoy the music how i want to enjoy it
OKAY FROM THAT PERSPECTIVE I SEE WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT
Dali.
Profile Joined June 2010
New Zealand689 Posts
June 22 2013 03:26 GMT
#333
On June 22 2013 09:40 MCDayC wrote:
What other hip hop forums do you guys go to, if any at all?


r/hiphopheads is the best music community I've found. Super respectful and fun. /mu/ is great for trolling, being trolled and insanely pointless arguments.
sertman
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States540 Posts
June 22 2013 04:29 GMT
#334
On June 22 2013 01:48 Rayeth wrote:
Yeezus was nothing special IMO. It's Kanye being self indulgent and trying to make an art album. It doesn't really come off as very good, especially considering how amazing MBDTF was. My suspicion is that we as a civilization have reached peak Kanye and have only downward to go from here.


i saw that argument posted just about everywhere after 808s came out... lol. know your history fam

yeezus is interesting because it's one of those albums that splits the hip hop community right down the middle. i personally love it - i can listen to guilt trip all day. is it as good as MBDTF? no, but it was never going to be in the first place because MBDTF is as close to a perfect album that anyone over the last 30 or 40 years of music has ever come close to.
MCDayC
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom14464 Posts
June 22 2013 07:45 GMT
#335
On June 22 2013 12:26 Dali. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 22 2013 09:40 MCDayC wrote:
What other hip hop forums do you guys go to, if any at all?


r/hiphopheads is the best music community I've found. Super respectful and fun. /mu/ is great for trolling, being trolled and insanely pointless arguments.

I do love some r/hiphopheads
VERY FRAGILE, LIKE A BABY PANDA EGG
Witten
Profile Joined January 2011
United States2094 Posts
June 22 2013 07:54 GMT
#336
I was gonna come in here and be like "Yo, Acid rap!" but you guys already went there. That means I should probably spend some time in this thread as theres some people with similar taste to myself in here. I have yet to listen to Yeezus or Born Sinner, but they're on tap for tomorrow. I'm not big on Kanye and I'm not going into it expecting a masterpiece so I'll probably enjoy it a good deal.
Brood War Forever / NA's premiere Shadow Shaman player / Courier Collector / Bot Game Champion / Highly amateur Mystical Ninja Goemon Speedrunner
Juliette
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6003 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-22 08:16:42
June 22 2013 08:13 GMT
#337
3 new drake songs

https://soundcloud.com/octobersveryown

the motion is my kind of song omg. his flow reminds me of something else but im very excited omg.

jodeci freestyle is kinda like mixtape drake, but i'm a fan of the production and the direction of the sound.

versace is more old style drake, but i don't like it as much.

but september release <3


meanwhile the PARTYNEXTDOOR dude is pretty good if you're into that kinda thing
OKAY FROM THAT PERSPECTIVE I SEE WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT
andyrau
Profile Joined December 2010
13015 Posts
June 22 2013 08:53 GMT
#338
On June 22 2013 13:29 sertman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 22 2013 01:48 Rayeth wrote:
Yeezus was nothing special IMO. It's Kanye being self indulgent and trying to make an art album. It doesn't really come off as very good, especially considering how amazing MBDTF was. My suspicion is that we as a civilization have reached peak Kanye and have only downward to go from here.

is it as good as MBDTF? no, but it was never going to be in the first place because MBDTF is as close to a perfect album that anyone over the last 30 or 40 years of music has ever come close to.

uh
what
???????
"Zai is legitimately not as good as bulba." | kaipi ti3 champions
duckmaster
Profile Joined August 2011
687 Posts
June 22 2013 09:00 GMT
#339
yeah MBDTF appreciation has gone wayyyy overboard, imo it isn't even the best Kanye album let alone the best album of the last decades rofl
MCDayC
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom14464 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-22 10:52:52
June 22 2013 09:18 GMT
#340
well, Born Sinner and Yeezus finally arrived.

LOL, I got the deluxe edition of Born Sinner... and I cant open it to get to the 2nd CD. i'm not supposed to be this stupid, this is weird.
I cant tell which way the hinge is, and I dont want to just rip the whole thing apart


Dw everyone i figured it out
VERY FRAGILE, LIKE A BABY PANDA EGG
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 68 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 186
ProTech121
Nina 38
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2223
Shuttle 1231
Snow 58
Dewaltoss 56
Bale 49
Noble 47
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm170
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1078
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King277
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor545
Other Games
summit1g8782
JimRising 668
C9.Mang0328
PiGStarcraft291
ArmadaUGS53
ViBE47
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream84
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta19
• practicex 14
• Letter146
• Response 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo960
• Stunt209
Other Games
• Scarra838
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
8h 56m
OSC
17h 56m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 5h
Online Event
1d 6h
FEL
1d 11h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 12h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 14h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.