• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:24
CEST 21:24
KST 04:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7943 users

[TV] Hannibal - Page 3

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 33 34 35 Next All
PhoenixVoid
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Canada32755 Posts
April 12 2013 02:47 GMT
#41
So far I'm liking this episode more than the first.
I'm afraid of demented knife-wielding escaped lunatic libertarian zombie mutants
s3rp
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany3192 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-12 17:21:03
April 12 2013 17:16 GMT
#42
Two pretty good episodes so far BUT i hope it doesn't become a we catch a new wierd psychotic badguy every Episode while we set-up the overarching plot with Hannibal too much . Could get dull after a while.
Praetorial
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States4241 Posts
April 12 2013 20:31 GMT
#43
...that new guy
+ Show Spoiler +
shot a man in broad daylight??!!!!!!
FOR GREAT JUSTICE! Bans for the ban gods!
EpiK
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Korea (South)5757 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-12 20:39:22
April 12 2013 20:36 GMT
#44
so at what point (in terms of the books) does this series take place? Before Red Dragon or after Silence of the Lambs?

I don't know if Mads Mikkelsen is the right person for the role. He's too stereotypical creepy. It'll be really hard to relate him to Anthony Hopkin's Hannibal.
Praetorial
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States4241 Posts
April 12 2013 20:44 GMT
#45
It takes place before Hannibal ever gains recognition as a serial killer, so before both.
FOR GREAT JUSTICE! Bans for the ban gods!
Mindcrime
Profile Joined July 2004
United States6899 Posts
April 12 2013 20:49 GMT
#46
On April 13 2013 05:36 EpiK wrote:
so at what point (in terms of the books) does this series take place? Before Red Dragon or after Silence of the Lambs?


It's set "before" Red Dragon. However, with everything being set ~30 years later, Crawford being black, Lounds being a woman and Will Graham being more eccentric than ever before, I think it's better to view it as a separate universe; this is Ultimate Hannibal.
That wasn't any act of God. That was an act of pure human fuckery.
Brainsurgeon
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden359 Posts
April 12 2013 21:09 GMT
#47
Stammets was a nod to Tom Noonan, right? They look a lot alike and Stammets even wore the same glasses as I have seen Noonan wear. Also, and hold onto your hats, Tom Noonan played Francis Dollarhyde in the original movie about Hannibal Lecter, Manhunter.

Conclusion: Francis Dollarhyde aka Red Dragon will be the final enemy (not counting Mads, of course).
Say no to drugs. Say yes to hugs!
trifecta
Profile Joined April 2010
United States6795 Posts
April 12 2013 21:50 GMT
#48
I preferred the second episode to the first, even though it was a very strong pilot. Hope they maintain or exceed this level, assuming it gets picked up for another season.
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom9999 Posts
April 12 2013 21:55 GMT
#49
I've seen alot of US cop shows and they all have one thing in common.
The playing out of a scenario by a group of 3-5 people where they each take it in turns to talk.
Its so fucking annoying once you notice it.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Praetorial
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States4241 Posts
April 12 2013 21:58 GMT
#50
On April 13 2013 06:55 Jockmcplop wrote:
I've seen alot of US cop shows and they all have one thing in common.
The playing out of a scenario by a group of 3-5 people where they each take it in turns to talk.
Its so fucking annoying once you notice it.


This wouldn't appear to be the case with Hannibal, then.

Also, when Lecter brings Will breakfast and eats with Crawford, is the implication that he's feeding them human flesh?
FOR GREAT JUSTICE! Bans for the ban gods!
Dekker
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany169 Posts
April 12 2013 22:03 GMT
#51
On April 13 2013 06:58 Praetorial wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2013 06:55 Jockmcplop wrote:
I've seen alot of US cop shows and they all have one thing in common.
The playing out of a scenario by a group of 3-5 people where they each take it in turns to talk.
Its so fucking annoying once you notice it.


This wouldn't appear to be the case with Hannibal, then.

Also, when Lecter brings Will breakfast and eats with Crawford, is the implication that he's feeding them human flesh?


Thats the thing with Lecter. You never know. Hes not eating human flesh every time he eats. But somehow it adds suspension to the scenerie. I like it.
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom9999 Posts
April 12 2013 22:03 GMT
#52
On April 13 2013 06:58 Praetorial wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2013 06:55 Jockmcplop wrote:
I've seen alot of US cop shows and they all have one thing in common.
The playing out of a scenario by a group of 3-5 people where they each take it in turns to talk.
Its so fucking annoying once you notice it.


This wouldn't appear to be the case with Hannibal, then.

Also, when Lecter brings Will breakfast and eats with Crawford, is the implication that he's feeding them human flesh?


It did happen when they were first analyzing the bodies in the lab.

And yes, it is implied, but not explicit at all.
RIP Meatloaf <3
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
April 12 2013 22:04 GMT
#53
On April 13 2013 06:58 Praetorial wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2013 06:55 Jockmcplop wrote:
I've seen alot of US cop shows and they all have one thing in common.
The playing out of a scenario by a group of 3-5 people where they each take it in turns to talk.
Its so fucking annoying once you notice it.


This wouldn't appear to be the case with Hannibal, then.

Also, when Lecter brings Will breakfast and eats with Crawford, is the implication that he's feeding them human flesh?

I think it's suppose to be up in the air. I don't think it is human flesh; but similar to the opening of Dexter. That knowing he's a serial killer everything looks far more sinister; such as the sauce on the loin in episode 2.
liftlift > tsm
PhoenixVoid
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Canada32755 Posts
April 12 2013 22:06 GMT
#54
As long as this show doesn't devolve into a daily routine of "bad-guy-of-the-day", I'm convinced the story will do well. Understandably, you can't stick with one serial killer for a whole season or two, and I'm all for variety, but if they just filter through serial killers like Scooby Doo does with monsters, it just gets formulaic and we don't get to see the interactions between Graham and Lecter as much, which is the whole basis of the story imo.
I'm afraid of demented knife-wielding escaped lunatic libertarian zombie mutants
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
April 12 2013 22:12 GMT
#55
Criminal Minds have been doing that forever.
liftlift > tsm
Dazed.
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada3301 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-12 22:26:02
April 12 2013 22:25 GMT
#56
I dont think Will is convincingly autistic, at all. It seems more like an assertion than an actual aspect of his character, doubly so given they continuously hammer home his analytical skills are predicated on empathy. You mean that thing Autistics are suppose to be bad at? Yeahhh...

Otherwise I like the show and the characters, and I think this Hannibal fits the character far better than Anthony Hopkins ever did. The only downside is I find him a bit hard to understand at times. Oh well.
Never say Die! ||| Fight you? No, I want to kill you.
s3rp
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany3192 Posts
April 12 2013 23:45 GMT
#57
On April 13 2013 07:04 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2013 06:58 Praetorial wrote:
On April 13 2013 06:55 Jockmcplop wrote:
I've seen alot of US cop shows and they all have one thing in common.
The playing out of a scenario by a group of 3-5 people where they each take it in turns to talk.
Its so fucking annoying once you notice it.


This wouldn't appear to be the case with Hannibal, then.

Also, when Lecter brings Will breakfast and eats with Crawford, is the implication that he's feeding them human flesh?

I think it's suppose to be up in the air. I don't think it is human flesh; but similar to the opening of Dexter. That knowing he's a serial killer everything looks far more sinister; such as the sauce on the loin in episode 2.


When he had meal with Crawford my immidiate thought was the annoying journalist he just had a creepy talk ended up on the plate.
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17845 Posts
April 13 2013 00:46 GMT
#58
On April 13 2013 07:25 Dazed_Spy wrote:
Otherwise I like the show and the characters, and I think this Hannibal fits the character far better than Anthony Hopkins ever did. The only downside is I find him a bit hard to understand at times. Oh well.


That's what they were going for. English accent you can't put to a specific location. Seeing how Lecter is Lithuanian, most likely schooled in England and with lots of pretty obscure past it makes sense, although I agree that the way Mads is speaking seems a bit slurred, probably due to his "stiff upper lip" (which helps him play all those bad guys devoid of emotion, take Le Chiffre for example).
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
Kenpark
Profile Joined March 2012
Germany2350 Posts
April 13 2013 05:11 GMT
#59
On April 13 2013 07:12 wei2coolman wrote:
Criminal Minds have been doing that forever.


I dont know Criminal Minds, but I guess its just a regular murder case every episode kind of show ? That is completely fine with me. But here we have a crazy criminal case every episode with multiple victims. I mean how many cases of serial killers there even have been in lets say the last 5 years in the US ?
I dont know for me it seems rly implausible.
I really really want to like this show, as I very much enjoyed all the Hannibal movies, but if this continues in this pace I´m gonna abondon it.
Just_a_Moth
Profile Joined March 2012
Canada1971 Posts
April 13 2013 05:41 GMT
#60
On April 13 2013 07:25 Dazed_Spy wrote:
I dont think Will is convincingly autistic, at all. It seems more like an assertion than an actual aspect of his character, doubly so given they continuously hammer home his analytical skills are predicated on empathy. You mean that thing Autistics are suppose to be bad at? Yeahhh...

Otherwise I like the show and the characters, and I think this Hannibal fits the character far better than Anthony Hopkins ever did. The only downside is I find him a bit hard to understand at times. Oh well.

I don't think Will is supposed to be autistic, he just said that's what he's closest to when the chief asked him a question about his mind. I haven't read the books though, so someone please enlighten me if it is explicit that he is autistic in the books.

Also, yeah sometimes I don't understand what Mads says, but I don't really care cause he's Mads.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 33 34 35 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM928
TaKeTV 328
TKL 325
IndyStarCraft 202
BRAT_OK 97
ZombieGrub59
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 928
TKL 325
IndyStarCraft 202
MaxPax 177
BRAT_OK 97
UpATreeSC 91
ZombieGrub59
JuggernautJason54
Nathanias 28
EmSc Tv 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 680
ggaemo 167
White-Ra 151
firebathero 82
Barracks 61
910 50
Killer 26
Shine 25
Trap 25
yabsab 7
Dota 2
qojqva3656
Counter-Strike
Fnx 792
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0174
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9589
crisheroes1725
Liquid`Hasu1590
Trikslyr63
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi4389
summit1g3323
singsing1387
Beastyqt801
shahzam435
B2W.Neo354
KnowMe126
ArmadaUGS109
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream422
Other Games
BasetradeTV220
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 18
EmSc2Tv 18
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 176
• Reevou 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 20
• Azhi_Dahaki16
• FirePhoenix11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade914
Other Games
• Shiphtur329
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 36m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 36m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 15h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.