• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:12
CEST 05:12
KST 12:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7037 users

[TV] Hannibal - Page 23

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 35 Next All
CosmicSpiral
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States15275 Posts
April 19 2014 03:14 GMT
#441
Hannibal plays his hand at the end, so chilling.
WriterWovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
BurningSera
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Ireland19621 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-19 22:12:11
April 19 2014 19:44 GMT
#442
Gruesome. Bloody. Shivers everywhere. Very Nice.
is 2017, stop being lame, fuck's sakes. 'Can't wait for the rise of the cakes and humanity's last stand tbqh.'
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
April 19 2014 20:41 GMT
#443
Man, I feel like I get the opposite reaction to a lot of people here. Whenever I watch this show, I end up getting hungry.

I'd love a 'Cooking With Hannibal' book. One that uses normal meats though, not literally cooking with Hannibal.
you gotta dance
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
April 19 2014 20:59 GMT
#444
On April 20 2014 05:41 Mr. Wiggles wrote:
Man, I feel like I get the opposite reaction to a lot of people here. Whenever I watch this show, I end up getting hungry.

I'd love a 'Cooking With Hannibal' book. One that uses normal meats though, not literally cooking with Hannibal.


Have fun collecting all the ingredients!
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
Assault_1
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada1950 Posts
April 20 2014 05:12 GMT
#445
On April 19 2014 12:14 CosmicSpiral wrote:
Hannibal plays his hand at the end, so chilling.

what do you mean? I wish I was better at figuring out these things
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
April 20 2014 05:23 GMT
#446
On April 20 2014 14:12 Assault_1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2014 12:14 CosmicSpiral wrote:
Hannibal plays his hand at the end, so chilling.

what do you mean? I wish I was better at figuring out these things


"I can only hatch the cocoon, whisper through the chrysalis. But what hatches out of it is based upon on one's own nature."
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
Assault_1
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada1950 Posts
April 20 2014 19:09 GMT
#447
Did anyone notice the weirdo from last episode also played the weirdo guy from Lost? At least he looked like him..
CosmicSpiral
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States15275 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-20 22:14:31
April 20 2014 22:12 GMT
#448
On April 21 2014 04:09 Assault_1 wrote:
Did anyone notice the weirdo from last episode also played the weirdo guy from Lost? At least he looked like him..


Jeremy Davies was Daniel Faraday on Lost.

On April 20 2014 14:12 Assault_1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2014 12:14 CosmicSpiral wrote:
Hannibal plays his hand at the end, so chilling.

what do you mean? I wish I was better at figuring out these things


Hannibal straight up admits that he was deliberately manipulating Will to be a killer. This also means he is not afraid that Will would go to the FBI with this information, therefore taking Will into his confidence.
WriterWovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
April 24 2014 02:42 GMT
#449
So, not quite what I was looking for, but I found a blog ran by Hannibal's 'food stylist', Janice Poon.

Not really a cookbook, but it's very interesting seeing how some of the food choices are made, and how she decides on how to present the food, or even some things like replacements she has to use for what the food's supposed to be, since the actors need to eat the food a lot of the time. For example, in the very first episode, the lung that Hannibal's preparing is apparently actually food-coloured mortadella.

Even if there's no recipes, it's also cool to see what the dishes are actually called and supposed to be. I also really like the hand-drawn sketches of the dishes.

Check it out: http://janicepoonart.blogspot.ca/
you gotta dance
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
April 25 2014 16:20 GMT
#450
I'm 3 episodes into the first season and I have to say that this show is incredible. Every episode is super tense so far and I've loved every minute of it. Will is an incredibly interesting character and every actor is absolutely brilliant; Laurence Fishburne isn't even the biggest stand out actor out of all of them. I had heard great things about this show but it's definitely above and beyond my expectations.
Daumen
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany1073 Posts
April 25 2014 21:25 GMT
#451
On April 19 2014 06:57 aXa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2014 23:39 Boundz(DarKo) wrote:
I want to see Alana Bloom in bed with Hannibal and Graham. I can puke and cry at the same time. This is my design.


Oh god xD You made me laugh so hard


cant stop laughing at this ;D last 4 words made this statement perfect ;D
President of the ReaL Fan Club.
Pibacc
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada545 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-26 06:02:05
April 26 2014 05:48 GMT
#452
Oh man, this show is so fucking good. The ending to this episode was amazing.
BurningSera
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Ireland19621 Posts
April 26 2014 17:47 GMT
#453
Holyshit. Pictures.
is 2017, stop being lame, fuck's sakes. 'Can't wait for the rise of the cakes and humanity's last stand tbqh.'
Maand
Profile Joined April 2010
326 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-26 20:40:18
April 26 2014 20:39 GMT
#454
As someone who aspires to become psychotherapist in the future every time they showed therapy bits I was both angry and confused. I kept thinking "this is not how therapy is supposed to be"

How foolish I was, realizing so late that they never intended to show therapy, nor does Hannibal perform it at any point in the series. It was clearly highlighted in the last episode, more than his "molding" of the beast-boy, but by Will saying he is (Hannibal) a good persuader.
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
April 27 2014 01:24 GMT
#455
On April 27 2014 05:39 Maand wrote:
As someone who aspires to become psychotherapist in the future every time they showed therapy bits I was both angry and confused. I kept thinking "this is not how therapy is supposed to be"

How foolish I was, realizing so late that they never intended to show therapy, nor does Hannibal perform it at any point in the series. It was clearly highlighted in the last episode, more than his "molding" of the beast-boy, but by Will saying he is (Hannibal) a good persuader.


So Hannibal's therapy are just a way to persuade others to kill?

That's certain another perspective.
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
Mindcrime
Profile Joined July 2004
United States6899 Posts
April 27 2014 01:47 GMT
#456
On April 27 2014 05:39 Maand wrote:
As someone who aspires to become psychotherapist in the future every time they showed therapy bits I was both angry and confused. I kept thinking "this is not how therapy is supposed to be"


The sociopath cannibal isn't a good therapist?

who'da thunk
That wasn't any act of God. That was an act of pure human fuckery.
LimitSEA
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia9580 Posts
April 27 2014 14:30 GMT
#457
Great episode. And now I'm desperate for the next. When I first started watching Hannibal I can't say I pictured Will Graham becoming what he is now.
Long live the King of Wings
unkkz
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Norway2196 Posts
April 29 2014 15:32 GMT
#458
Anyone that can answer me what the episode names mean? They sound japanese? And.. why are they named like this?
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
April 29 2014 15:34 GMT
#459
On April 30 2014 00:32 unkkz wrote:
Anyone that can answer me what the episode names mean? They sound japanese? And.. why are they named like this?


They are Japanese delicacies much like the first season are based upon French ones.
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-29 23:12:29
April 29 2014 22:47 GMT
#460
Just watched the entirety of Season 1. Easily the most stressful show I've ever watched, but also the most encapsulating. I've never felt so drawn to any character as I am Mikkelsen's Hannibal and Dancy's Will Graham. The end of the first season was gripping and makes me frustrated with so much, but it also leaves me desiring so much more. I've loved every murder, every crime, and the way that everything is being tied together is lovely.

I also love how they focus on certain things early on in the episode or season and then bring them up later more subtly.

+ Show Spoiler +
For instance the psychological driving or whatever it's called. Hannibal said how he supports unorthodox methods of treatment, but the driving was only briefly mentioned twice. I started to realize how Hannibal was driving Will early on, but I don't think the fullness of the situation was revealed until the last episode when his psychiatrist says that he is drawn to violent patients.Her hesitation when eating the "veal" also brought into plain sight the relationship between her and Dr. Lecter. It seems more like Stockholm Syndrome or some kind of captor/captive relationship than anything else, like she is scared of him and wishes to basically remain off his dining table.

If I had to guess she will be one of the people killed next season, but I have lots of speculation as to who will be killed and who won't. I've been trying so hard not to spoil the show for myself, and it's been a real treat watching everything unfold.


I have to say that I think this show may have me more interested than any other show. It may not be as good as Breaking Bad was at its finest, but for its first season this show is remarkable. I am absolutely in love with it and have to thank Teamliquid for having a thread about it. Absolutely awesome show and I recommend that everyone who can stomach the violence watch it. I've never been upset by violence or gore, but I'd have to say at least one or two scenes bothered me on at least some level at first. This show is great and really plays to the human fear of insanity and, even worse, being unaware of your own insanity.
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 35 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 49m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft431
RuFF_SC2 158
Nina 91
-ZergGirl 83
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2289
Bale 17
yabsab 12
Terrorterran 12
Shuttle 0
Dota 2
febbydoto20
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1206
taco 405
minikerr22
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox665
Other Games
summit1g8683
JimRising 754
Day[9].tv500
C9.Mang0343
WinterStarcraft261
ViBE174
Maynarde148
Livibee138
Sick135
ArmadaUGS28
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick982
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream178
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Response 14
• OhrlRock 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv500
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
7h 49m
Stellar Fest
9h 49m
The PondCast
1d 6h
OSC
1d 9h
Stellar Fest
1d 9h
OSC
1d 20h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.