• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:08
CEST 05:08
KST 12:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6840 users

Hardcore - a guide & why you should play it - Page 19

Forum Index > Diablo 3
Post a Reply
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All
Denzil
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom4193 Posts
November 01 2012 20:16 GMT
#361
What dps and resist am I aiming for going into inferno
Anna: So Sen how will you prepare for your revenge v MC? Sen: With a smile.
riotjune
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States3394 Posts
November 02 2012 00:57 GMT
#362
Anyone want to party with me? Going to reroll a monk and will probably go for the inferno clear. Need a buddy/party as a dc/lag contingency.
Douillos
Profile Joined May 2010
France3195 Posts
November 02 2012 01:19 GMT
#363
On November 02 2012 05:16 Denzil wrote:
What dps and resist am I aiming for going into inferno


class?
Look a giraffe! Look a fist!!
Douillos
Profile Joined May 2010
France3195 Posts
November 02 2012 01:21 GMT
#364
On October 30 2012 04:39 dongfeng wrote:
Hey everyone. I kind of stayed out of d3 cos of all the prolems with it but stumbled upon this thread. I plan to start my first hc char ever in the diablo franchise! Any suggestions on which class would be most fun? I dont plan to go reach inferno so effectiveness can be sacrificed for lulz.


gogo dh

at least ull be starting your second hc character real fast
Look a giraffe! Look a fist!!
dongfeng
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
731 Posts
November 02 2012 14:31 GMT
#365
On November 02 2012 10:21 Douillos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2012 04:39 dongfeng wrote:
Hey everyone. I kind of stayed out of d3 cos of all the prolems with it but stumbled upon this thread. I plan to start my first hc char ever in the diablo franchise! Any suggestions on which class would be most fun? I dont plan to go reach inferno so effectiveness can be sacrificed for lulz.


gogo dh

at least ull be starting your second hc character real fast


lolol
i started a wiz build. these graphics are pretty nifty ey. lvl 10 atm and having more fun than i would have thought. whats a few decent builds for getting through normal?
riotjune
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States3394 Posts
November 04 2012 14:54 GMT
#366
Looks like I made it too.

[image loading]

Finally beat lag. Inferno nekarat runner-up for tense moments.
m3rciless
Profile Joined August 2009
United States1476 Posts
November 04 2012 15:53 GMT
#367
On November 04 2012 23:54 riotjune wrote:
Looks like I made it too.

[image loading]

Finally beat lag. Inferno nekarat runner-up for tense moments.


pimp
White-Ra fighting!
ztranger
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden57 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-05 01:20:15
November 05 2012 01:19 GMT
#368
Monk and barbarian are the safest classes for progression, with their built in 30% dmg reduction and nice tank skills and passives. 1.05 really made it possible to finish the game on hardcore without having millions in gear or mad dodging skills. I killed diablo inferno hardcore the day after the 1.05 patch (with my 4th lvl 60 monk).
unkkz
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Norway2196 Posts
November 05 2012 11:41 GMT
#369
And DH's aren't that squishy anymore, i have pretty insane gear but on mp3 i just drop -15% dmg turret, gloom and facetank pretty much anything. Haven't tried higher mp's though since my connection since i move is shaky at best and i'd like to survive a DC or atleast have a sliver of a chance to do so(Scoundrel with Windforce = lifesaver)
Douillos
Profile Joined May 2010
France3195 Posts
November 05 2012 14:38 GMT
#370
On November 02 2012 23:31 dongfeng wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2012 10:21 Douillos wrote:
On October 30 2012 04:39 dongfeng wrote:
Hey everyone. I kind of stayed out of d3 cos of all the prolems with it but stumbled upon this thread. I plan to start my first hc char ever in the diablo franchise! Any suggestions on which class would be most fun? I dont plan to go reach inferno so effectiveness can be sacrificed for lulz.


gogo dh

at least ull be starting your second hc character real fast


lolol
i started a wiz build. these graphics are pretty nifty ey. lvl 10 atm and having more fun than i would have thought. whats a few decent builds for getting through normal?


Normal is pretty forgiving. Just keep diamond skin / ice nova and you should be fun whatever you use dps wise ^^ The main thing is being able to run when necessary in HC
Look a giraffe! Look a fist!!
unkkz
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Norway2196 Posts
November 10 2012 20:52 GMT
#371
I'll gladly carry some people through ubers or whatever btw. Got one of the highest dps char on EU atm so Unkk#2615 if anyone needs help.
DerSchober
Profile Joined February 2012
Austria66 Posts
November 11 2012 03:23 GMT
#372
yeah was checking ur stats like 2 days ago and ur dmg is pretty crazy, gratz on that
id like to have that diablo inferno achievement (took down belial, ghom and azmo some days ago with a friend after not playing for some weeks, it was so easy on mp0) so im gonna msg you ingame if i see u online today
Collings
Profile Joined October 2012
56 Posts
November 11 2012 03:57 GMT
#373
Without PK, HC is boring.
DerSchober
Profile Joined February 2012
Austria66 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-11 05:35:10
November 11 2012 04:09 GMT
#374
im sorry for saying this but:
if u miss the d2 days where ppl were having stuff installed that allowed them to hit a button which made their hero do attacks, tp, switch to hostile, and kill you in 0,1 sec, u must be slightly retarded

and if u were one of the guys doing this, u must be heavily retarded
FakeDouble
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia676 Posts
November 12 2012 04:47 GMT
#375
So, I finally got around to leveling my hc DH to 60 yesterday after a long hiatus (got to 60 barb and 56 dh in patch 1.0.3)
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/FakeDouble-1155/hero/23563686

I'm still in hell, but with my newly bought gear I'm fairly sure that act 1 inferno should pose little risk to me. I'm not sure my dps is up to scratch though for butcher enrage so I think I'll farm act 1 for a while for better gear.

Any advice on skill setup? I feel I don't have enough hatred to spam ball lightning forever, which is why I take spray of teeth over cinder arrow for a bit of extra aoe (spray of teeth also does more single target damage than DA past 36.5% crit chance, I have 38.5% after archery passive). Should I use guardian turret/heal turret over boar? I'm a bit wary of it due to its reflects damage killing me a lot in softcore, but I do a lot less damage in hc so it should be fine?

Any help appreciated!
Formerly known as carbonaceous
haffy
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom430 Posts
November 12 2012 12:37 GMT
#376
On November 12 2012 13:47 FakeDouble wrote:
So, I finally got around to leveling my hc DH to 60 yesterday after a long hiatus (got to 60 barb and 56 dh in patch 1.0.3)
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/FakeDouble-1155/hero/23563686

I'm still in hell, but with my newly bought gear I'm fairly sure that act 1 inferno should pose little risk to me. I'm not sure my dps is up to scratch though for butcher enrage so I think I'll farm act 1 for a while for better gear.

Any advice on skill setup? I feel I don't have enough hatred to spam ball lightning forever, which is why I take spray of teeth over cinder arrow for a bit of extra aoe (spray of teeth also does more single target damage than DA past 36.5% crit chance, I have 38.5% after archery passive). Should I use guardian turret/heal turret over boar? I'm a bit wary of it due to its reflects damage killing me a lot in softcore, but I do a lot less damage in hc so it should be fine?

Any help appreciated!


I've had a few demon hunters die before level 60 on HC with a 60 SC and I played them before patch 1.05, so what I'm saying is probably wrong or outdated.

But for skills I liked vault with tumble, smoke screen, the companion bat, hungering arrow, ball lightening, preparation with battle scars. Passives were tactical advantage, archery and steady aim.

Vault lets you go through enemies if you get surrounded.
Smoke screens just to get away from stuff.
Hungering arrow was just what I liked. Could of been any of the others.
Ball lightening for crowds.
Preparation was for healing and getting me out of bad situations.
Bat companion gives you better hatred regen so you can spam ball lightening more.


For the passives, I thought tactical advantage was a must have. Every time you vault or smoke screen it gives you a petty nice speed boost, which can help you get away from fast enemies.

Archery and steady aim were just kind of standard. I don't think any of the other demon hunter passives are particularly good or useful.


tomatriedes
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
New Zealand5356 Posts
November 12 2012 12:51 GMT
#377
I managed to beat inferno HC over a week ago and then lost my paragon 12(?) wizard the next day farming act 3 in a pub game. I didn't retreat quick enough from some stairs when everyone else did got frozen into arcane. Playing a DH or wiz and beyond act two all it takes is one second of inattention to die. My next HC character is going to be a tank barb so I can herp derp in the middle of arcane and desolation without getting hurt.
DerSchober
Profile Joined February 2012
Austria66 Posts
November 12 2012 15:20 GMT
#378
yeah lost my monk in a3 too
extra health - arcane-shielding-something

got COMPLETELY surrounded and since i tried playing without an escape skill and they shielded before i could kill them (was standing in like 3 arcanes) i didnt stand a chance

well, time to lvl my barb, only paragon 2 so far
and makes more fun than monk anyway
FakeDouble
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia676 Posts
November 13 2012 03:22 GMT
#379
On November 12 2012 21:37 haffy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 12 2012 13:47 FakeDouble wrote:
So, I finally got around to leveling my hc DH to 60 yesterday after a long hiatus (got to 60 barb and 56 dh in patch 1.0.3)
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/FakeDouble-1155/hero/23563686

I'm still in hell, but with my newly bought gear I'm fairly sure that act 1 inferno should pose little risk to me. I'm not sure my dps is up to scratch though for butcher enrage so I think I'll farm act 1 for a while for better gear.

Any advice on skill setup? I feel I don't have enough hatred to spam ball lightning forever, which is why I take spray of teeth over cinder arrow for a bit of extra aoe (spray of teeth also does more single target damage than DA past 36.5% crit chance, I have 38.5% after archery passive). Should I use guardian turret/heal turret over boar? I'm a bit wary of it due to its reflects damage killing me a lot in softcore, but I do a lot less damage in hc so it should be fine?

Any help appreciated!


I've had a few demon hunters die before level 60 on HC with a 60 SC and I played them before patch 1.05, so what I'm saying is probably wrong or outdated.

But for skills I liked vault with tumble, smoke screen, the companion bat, hungering arrow, ball lightening, preparation with battle scars. Passives were tactical advantage, archery and steady aim.

Vault lets you go through enemies if you get surrounded.
Smoke screens just to get away from stuff.
Hungering arrow was just what I liked. Could of been any of the others.
Ball lightening for crowds.
Preparation was for healing and getting me out of bad situations.
Bat companion gives you better hatred regen so you can spam ball lightening more.


For the passives, I thought tactical advantage was a must have. Every time you vault or smoke screen it gives you a petty nice speed boost, which can help you get away from fast enemies.

Archery and steady aim were just kind of standard. I don't think any of the other demon hunter passives are particularly good or useful.




Hmm, yeah, that was similar to what I ran in 1.0.3, taking night stalker instead of steady aim, but there's been a few changes since then so I'm not entirely sure what's good these days. Thanks for the input!
Formerly known as carbonaceous
unkkz
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Norway2196 Posts
November 13 2012 07:42 GMT
#380
On November 13 2012 12:22 FakeDouble wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 12 2012 21:37 haffy wrote:
On November 12 2012 13:47 FakeDouble wrote:
So, I finally got around to leveling my hc DH to 60 yesterday after a long hiatus (got to 60 barb and 56 dh in patch 1.0.3)
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/FakeDouble-1155/hero/23563686

I'm still in hell, but with my newly bought gear I'm fairly sure that act 1 inferno should pose little risk to me. I'm not sure my dps is up to scratch though for butcher enrage so I think I'll farm act 1 for a while for better gear.

Any advice on skill setup? I feel I don't have enough hatred to spam ball lightning forever, which is why I take spray of teeth over cinder arrow for a bit of extra aoe (spray of teeth also does more single target damage than DA past 36.5% crit chance, I have 38.5% after archery passive). Should I use guardian turret/heal turret over boar? I'm a bit wary of it due to its reflects damage killing me a lot in softcore, but I do a lot less damage in hc so it should be fine?

Any help appreciated!


I've had a few demon hunters die before level 60 on HC with a 60 SC and I played them before patch 1.05, so what I'm saying is probably wrong or outdated.

But for skills I liked vault with tumble, smoke screen, the companion bat, hungering arrow, ball lightening, preparation with battle scars. Passives were tactical advantage, archery and steady aim.

Vault lets you go through enemies if you get surrounded.
Smoke screens just to get away from stuff.
Hungering arrow was just what I liked. Could of been any of the others.
Ball lightening for crowds.
Preparation was for healing and getting me out of bad situations.
Bat companion gives you better hatred regen so you can spam ball lightening more.


For the passives, I thought tactical advantage was a must have. Every time you vault or smoke screen it gives you a petty nice speed boost, which can help you get away from fast enemies.

Archery and steady aim were just kind of standard. I don't think any of the other demon hunter passives are particularly good or useful.




Hmm, yeah, that was similar to what I ran in 1.0.3, taking night stalker instead of steady aim, but there's been a few changes since then so I'm not entirely sure what's good these days. Thanks for the input!


Drop nightstalker, you dont have the crit for it anyway, replace it with vengeance and your hatred problem is solved - you cannot farm fast/efficient enough without vengeance. Also once your gear improves a lil bit drop the shield for a crossbow, too bad u're on US else i'd give u one. Also you do no have enough crit for spray of teeth, replace it with devouring or that split one whatever you fancy. Also keep the boar over bat.
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 213
ProTech143
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17099
Rain 1494
GuemChi 565
NaDa 28
Bale 19
sSak 17
Dota 2
monkeys_forever469
NeuroSwarm209
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
summit1g7600
taco 597
minikerr42
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1049
Mew2King96
Other Games
JimRising 622
WinterStarcraft547
C9.Mang0177
ViBE121
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1015
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream42
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 171
• davetesta27
• Letter146
• Light_VIP 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo482
• Stunt307
Other Games
• Scarra883
• Shiphtur504
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
6h 52m
INu's Battles
7h 52m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
9h 52m
OSC
19h 7m
Replay Cast
19h 52m
OSC
1d 19h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.