• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:10
CEST 04:10
KST 11:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7693 users

Hardcore - a guide & why you should play it - Page 21

Forum Index > Diablo 3
Post a Reply
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 Next All
BeaSteR
Profile Joined May 2009
Sweden328 Posts
November 27 2012 16:29 GMT
#401
My whole party almost got wiped out by invisible mobs in act 1 fields, my friend lost his 49 paragon demon hunter while the rest of the party escaped into a cave :-[
Greed is good
wooozy
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3813 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-28 00:03:55
November 27 2012 21:03 GMT
#402
bawww, i blew all my money (only like 300k lol) to buy gear for ghom and it was stupidly easy - don't think i needed to buy any of it. should've tested on softcore first :<

oh well, found a 900k gem plan so hopefully i can sell that and get some real (albeit still mediocre) upgrades

edit: ok nvm i got greedy and died to some really dumb affix phasebeasts LOL
FakeDouble
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia676 Posts
November 28 2012 14:05 GMT
#403
On November 28 2012 01:17 AimlessAmoeba wrote:
Lost my 51 HC Barb last night in Act4 NM to a Keywarden... Those darn things hit harder than act-end bosses do -_-

The worst part is sometimes you can't even run from them, This one was jailer/mortar/extra fast or something (you don't get to see the suffixes on these guys)

Ah well. Time to try a monk!


Nekarat, or whatever his name is, is the scariest thing in the whole game now. He has jailer, knockback (not sure ?), rushes at you and does something like the barb's earthquake which melts your face unbelievably fast. You MUST take a cc breaker to stand a chance.

Or just avoid him altogether
Formerly known as carbonaceous
unkkz
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Norway2196 Posts
November 28 2012 14:57 GMT
#404
On November 28 2012 23:05 FakeDouble wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2012 01:17 AimlessAmoeba wrote:
Lost my 51 HC Barb last night in Act4 NM to a Keywarden... Those darn things hit harder than act-end bosses do -_-

The worst part is sometimes you can't even run from them, This one was jailer/mortar/extra fast or something (you don't get to see the suffixes on these guys)

Ah well. Time to try a monk!


Nekarat, or whatever his name is, is the scariest thing in the whole game now. He has jailer, knockback (not sure ?), rushes at you and does something like the barb's earthquake which melts your face unbelievably fast. You MUST take a cc breaker to stand a chance.

Or just avoid him altogether


+ He prevents healing by 75% or something.
AimlessAmoeba
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada704 Posts
November 28 2012 22:44 GMT
#405
On November 28 2012 23:05 FakeDouble wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2012 01:17 AimlessAmoeba wrote:
Lost my 51 HC Barb last night in Act4 NM to a Keywarden... Those darn things hit harder than act-end bosses do -_-

The worst part is sometimes you can't even run from them, This one was jailer/mortar/extra fast or something (you don't get to see the suffixes on these guys)

Ah well. Time to try a monk!


Nekarat, or whatever his name is, is the scariest thing in the whole game now. He has jailer, knockback (not sure ?), rushes at you and does something like the barb's earthquake which melts your face unbelievably fast. You MUST take a cc breaker to stand a chance.

Or just avoid him altogether


That's the one. What a bastard. I went and got my revenge with my SC DH immediately after.

What a scary douche!
Mysticesper
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1183 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-28 22:47:59
November 28 2012 22:46 GMT
#406
I saw this on the Hardcore AH (US)...

Is that cold damage bonus simply because of running MP10?
[image loading]
Lega-
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada141 Posts
December 04 2012 17:51 GMT
#407
What cold damage?
syth99
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States59 Posts
December 04 2012 21:21 GMT
#408
On November 29 2012 07:46 Mysticesper wrote:
I saw this on the Hardcore AH (US)...

Is that cold damage bonus simply because of running MP10?
[image loading]

That item along with the horadric hamburger can roll 600+dps however can only be found in inferno pony level. The Mp lvl does not matter for its stats.
eluv
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
December 11 2012 10:45 GMT
#409
Lost my 60/6 DH about a month ago when the patch hit, dicking around with a Sentry+Custom Engineering spec. I got a waller/arcane pack in the Act 1 prison map, and got walled in to one of those little cells with a couple arcane beams, and an empty discipline bar. After that I had to let the game sit for a good two weeks, but now after a silly death in Act 3 Normal, I've got my new 60 and I'm finally caught up to my old char gear-wise.

I had died before I really got a chance to try out Monster Power, and damn MP0 is nothing like the old Inferno. Act 2 went from being terrifying half the time to face-tanking the whole thing, and Act 3 went from being off limits completely to my normal farming area. I guess the real question will be when I feel safe to step it up to MP1.

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/eluv-1891/Eluv/28295792

That's my new char, missing some upgraded gloves while the servers reset. I think I'm at the point where I should be trying to spend a couple million on my next piece, but any advice on which I should put the gold into would be appreciated - keeping in mind I have essentially 0 right now, so I'm not exactly going to be sporting a 3pc Nats+Mempo any time soon.
"Yes I fucked my way to the GSL partnership" - Sundance
Douillos
Profile Joined May 2010
France3195 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-11 14:46:13
December 11 2012 14:46 GMT
#410
On December 11 2012 19:45 eluv wrote:
Lost my 60/6 DH about a month ago when the patch hit, dicking around with a Sentry+Custom Engineering spec. I got a waller/arcane pack in the Act 1 prison map, and got walled in to one of those little cells with a couple arcane beams, and an empty discipline bar. After that I had to let the game sit for a good two weeks, but now after a silly death in Act 3 Normal, I've got my new 60 and I'm finally caught up to my old char gear-wise.

I had died before I really got a chance to try out Monster Power, and damn MP0 is nothing like the old Inferno. Act 2 went from being terrifying half the time to face-tanking the whole thing, and Act 3 went from being off limits completely to my normal farming area. I guess the real question will be when I feel safe to step it up to MP1.

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/eluv-1891/Eluv/28295792

That's my new char, missing some upgraded gloves while the servers reset. I think I'm at the point where I should be trying to spend a couple million on my next piece, but any advice on which I should put the gold into would be appreciated - keeping in mind I have essentially 0 right now, so I'm not exactly going to be sporting a 3pc Nats+Mempo any time soon.


Basically the exact same thing that happened to me, except i got lucky, dropped some blackthorne legs with +215 Vit (yes that exists), and now im rolling at 90 K dps no sharpshooter. Mp1 eZ pZ.

But man DH still gives you some fuckin adrenalin shots, Im playing my Barb now with 2h to get the same feelin' ^^
Look a giraffe! Look a fist!!
Eschaton
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1245 Posts
December 12 2012 04:49 GMT
#411
Alright, I think I am going to take the plunge into HC. Leveling my SC wiz simply is not that much fun; the most viable lvling build for wiz is not viable in group play. But I see that group play is encouraged for a number of reasons in HC, and that's appealing. I've leveled a SC monk to 60 and my wiz to para 55, so I'm definitely ready for a different class; maybe Barb is a good starting place? Or should I go DH and just get used to dieing? =D
eluv
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-12 06:53:22
December 12 2012 06:01 GMT
#412
Well, I've lost 8 Demon hunters on HC so far, one of them being 60, the others anywhere from 4(!) to 57, and I have to say things have improved significantly with the latest patch. Now that Perfectionist gives you a way to scale your defensive stats, it's significantly easier to get to a reasonable level of EHP.

That said, I still think any other class is going to have an easier time at least getting you to 60. Levelling a barb with a shield and some defensive skills basically means you'll never be threatened till A4 hell at least. The other three all fall somewhere in between, but whatever you choose, I hope you end up converting to the HC side.
"Yes I fucked my way to the GSL partnership" - Sundance
DerSchober
Profile Joined February 2012
Austria66 Posts
December 12 2012 10:03 GMT
#413
i had a 60 monk, have a 60 bar, 54 wd and 49 dh

barb is by FAR the safest class, dh by far the most dangerous
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
December 13 2012 02:30 GMT
#414
On December 12 2012 19:03 DerSchober wrote:
i had a 60 monk, have a 60 bar, 54 wd and 49 dh

barb is by FAR the safest class, dh by far the most dangerous

I think wd is probably the safest at 60 tbh... especially when you have bad gear.
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
DerSchober
Profile Joined February 2012
Austria66 Posts
December 13 2012 10:01 GMT
#415
dunno, depends on how you play it i guess
im using rend and revenge, my life regen is so insane that i dont even remember the last time i had to use a health pot
plus wrath of the berserker for stuff like frozen, jailer,

but i gotta admit that getting my wd to 54 was pretty easy so far
Stratos.FEAR
Profile Joined June 2009
Canada706 Posts
December 13 2012 10:05 GMT
#416
On December 13 2012 11:30 Pokebunny wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2012 19:03 DerSchober wrote:
i had a 60 monk, have a 60 bar, 54 wd and 49 dh

barb is by FAR the safest class, dh by far the most dangerous

I think wd is probably the safest at 60 tbh... especially when you have bad gear.


spirit vessel has saved my ass more times than i would like to remember especially when i was REALLY undergeared (now i am just slightly undergeared)
lordvnm
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany45 Posts
December 13 2012 11:57 GMT
#417
Sorc died at 54.
Barb died at 52.
Monk died at 54.
I thought "fuck it", but somehow I still want a level 60 HC-char. Let's see if it is my WD.
"Rock is op. Paper is fine." - Scissors
Douillos
Profile Joined May 2010
France3195 Posts
December 13 2012 12:58 GMT
#418
On December 13 2012 20:57 lordvnm wrote:
Sorc died at 54.
Barb died at 52.
Monk died at 54.
I thought "fuck it", but somehow I still want a level 60 HC-char. Let's see if it is my WD.


Stay focused mate. You ll see how it feels when you loose a high level character :D I just lost my Dh Paragon 19, and it stings !!
Look a giraffe! Look a fist!!
nimbim
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany986 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-14 15:01:57
December 14 2012 15:00 GMT
#419
nooo D:
4th wizard dead. At least I've gone up 29/39/56/58. sigh
Also, I hate Fast+Molten+Vortex.
Nekovivie
Profile Joined October 2011
United Kingdom2599 Posts
December 19 2012 17:17 GMT
#420
On December 13 2012 21:58 Douillos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2012 20:57 lordvnm wrote:
Sorc died at 54.
Barb died at 52.
Monk died at 54.
I thought "fuck it", but somehow I still want a level 60 HC-char. Let's see if it is my WD.


Stay focused mate. You ll see how it feels when you loose a high level character :D I just lost my Dh Paragon 19, and it stings !!


How'd it happen?

I lost my HC barb at 59 with 1.5 bars to go. Feared into arcane beams when HP was 40%..

I ragequitted back to my SC barb!
If you are not supporting K-Pop you are hurting E-Sports.
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 182
ProTech132
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17994
Rain 1542
GuemChi 905
sorry 45
NaDa 16
Bale 15
Dota 2
monkeys_forever432
NeuroSwarm199
LuMiX0
Counter-Strike
taco 495
minikerr37
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1030
Mew2King89
Other Games
summit1g7639
JimRising 547
WinterStarcraft425
C9.Mang0174
ViBE119
ZombieGrub4
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick801
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 186
• davetesta42
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Stunt229
Other Games
• Scarra955
• Shiphtur484
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
7h 50m
INu's Battles
8h 50m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
10h 50m
OSC
20h 5m
Replay Cast
20h 50m
OSC
1d 20h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.