• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:16
CEST 06:16
KST 13:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10739 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 34

Forum Index > Diablo 3
Post a Reply
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 90 Next
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
May 12 2012 01:28 GMT
#661
On May 12 2012 10:26 Redox wrote:
Will I be able to assign different keys to the skills? Like use QWER instead of 1234?


Yes.
Dyme
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany523 Posts
May 12 2012 01:31 GMT
#662
Can you only download Diablo from Bnet once you have activated some kind of key for it?

In open stress test beta I had some weird kind of mini-lag, everytime I used a new spell. Like, I use Firebats for the first time, everything stops for a second. After that there was no lag for Firebats. Everytime I got a new spell the same thing happened for that spell. Was that a common problem? Was it internet/server related or my computer?
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
May 12 2012 01:38 GMT
#663
The client can only be downloaded from battle.net if you have the game license (so pre-order or enter a key).

I think the lag issue was common for witch doctors in open beta.
Sprungjeezy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1313 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-12 01:50:50
May 12 2012 01:40 GMT
#664
On May 12 2012 10:31 Dyme wrote:
Can you only download Diablo from Bnet once you have activated some kind of key for it?

In open stress test beta I had some weird kind of mini-lag, everytime I used a new spell. Like, I use Firebats for the first time, everything stops for a second. After that there was no lag for Firebats. Everytime I got a new spell the same thing happened for that spell. Was that a common problem? Was it internet/server related or my computer?


Yes you need the game attached to your account before downloading it from your page. However, you can log into someone else's page and download from there, there are *probably* websites/torrents that have the up to date installer (the same one that you download from battle.net - however these measures will only work to get the game on your computer, obviously you'll need to wait for a key to attach to your account to log in and play.


On May 12 2012 09:55 unichan wrote:
basically just no melee LOL
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2012 09:51 UniversalSnip wrote:
On May 12 2012 09:23 unichan wrote:
I played in the beta, and the game was laggy on my computer on the lowest settings. Like whenever I entered a new area it would freeze for 3 seconds and then sometimes it would randomly freeze for a second lol. Will they come out with lower quality settings or should I skip buying it?
What's the easiest class to play (i like demon hunter and wizard they look very cute but if something else is easier i'll just play it l0l)


just skip it uni :<

you saying that because integrated graphics card no good or cause you don't like it haha


Well if you did not finish downloading all of the game the pauses may be due to the content being downloaded as it was needed, however an integrated graphics card being your source of video is probably not good. I'm not aware of many integrated cards that can run modern games (but then again I've had no reason to see) - I would *imagine* if you can run SC2 well enough, you might be able to manage Diablo 3 without too much cringing (SC2 Required at minimum a NVIDIA 6600GT / Radeon 9800 PRO verse Diablo 3's NVIDIA 7800GT / Radeon X1950 Pro) - If the shaky content was due to you not downloading the full content, then maybe you could get by with low frame rate, but I really don't know.
subzer0
Profile Joined August 2011
67 Posts
May 12 2012 01:44 GMT
#665
How does the AH work? If I find some loot questing by myself that I don't want, can I just toss it on the AH?
unichan
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States4223 Posts
May 12 2012 01:52 GMT
#666
On May 12 2012 10:40 Sprungjeezy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2012 10:31 Dyme wrote:
Can you only download Diablo from Bnet once you have activated some kind of key for it?

In open stress test beta I had some weird kind of mini-lag, everytime I used a new spell. Like, I use Firebats for the first time, everything stops for a second. After that there was no lag for Firebats. Everytime I got a new spell the same thing happened for that spell. Was that a common problem? Was it internet/server related or my computer?


Yes you need the game attached to your account before downloading it from your page. However, you can log into someone else's page and download from there, there are *probably* websites/torrents that have the up to date installer (the same one that you download from battle.net - however these measures will only work to get the game on your computer, obviously you'll need to wait for a key to attach to your account to log in and play.


Show nested quote +
On May 12 2012 09:55 unichan wrote:
basically just no melee LOL
On May 12 2012 09:51 UniversalSnip wrote:
On May 12 2012 09:23 unichan wrote:
I played in the beta, and the game was laggy on my computer on the lowest settings. Like whenever I entered a new area it would freeze for 3 seconds and then sometimes it would randomly freeze for a second lol. Will they come out with lower quality settings or should I skip buying it?
What's the easiest class to play (i like demon hunter and wizard they look very cute but if something else is easier i'll just play it l0l)


just skip it uni :<

you saying that because integrated graphics card no good or cause you don't like it haha


Well if you did not finish downloading all of the game the pauses may be due to the content being downloaded as it was needed, however an integrated graphics card being your source of video is probably not good. I'm not aware of many integrated cards that can run modern games (but then again I've had no reason to see) - I would *imagine* if you can run SC2 well enough, you might be able to manage Diablo 3 without too much cringing (SC2 Required at minimum a NVIDIA 6600GT / Radeon 9800 PRO verse Diablo 3's NVIDIA 7800GT / Radeon X1950 Pro) - If the shaky content was due to you not downloading the full content, then maybe you could get by with low frame rate, but I really don't know.

I actually haven't tried sc2 on this computer yet, but I can play LoL/dota2 fine. Idk if sc2 takes more to run than those games lol
:)
Two_DoWn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States13684 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-12 02:04:38
May 12 2012 02:02 GMT
#667
I would think that if your comp can handle Dota 2 I would assume you should be able to handle D3.
"What is the air speed velocity of an unladen courier?" "Dire or Radiant?"
Mysticesper
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1183 Posts
May 12 2012 02:05 GMT
#668
On May 12 2012 10:38 skyR wrote:
The client can only be downloaded from battle.net if you have the game license (so pre-order or enter a key).

I think the lag issue was common for witch doctors in open beta.


Not necessarily, The client download isnt restricted.
http://us.media.battle.net.edgesuite.net/downloads/d3-installers/589acdb4-c660-318a-b993-01528fad7da6/Diablo-III-8370-enUS-Installer-downloader.exe
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
May 12 2012 02:19 GMT
#669
On May 12 2012 09:55 unichan wrote:
basically just no melee LOL
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2012 09:51 UniversalSnip wrote:
On May 12 2012 09:23 unichan wrote:
I played in the beta, and the game was laggy on my computer on the lowest settings. Like whenever I entered a new area it would freeze for 3 seconds and then sometimes it would randomly freeze for a second lol. Will they come out with lower quality settings or should I skip buying it?
What's the easiest class to play (i like demon hunter and wizard they look very cute but if something else is easier i'll just play it l0l)


just skip it uni :<

you saying that because integrated graphics card no good or cause you don't like it haha


Because of the card, doesn't sound like much fun to have your guy freezing all the time lol. you'll probably die a lot too
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
Mysticesper
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1183 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-12 02:30:40
May 12 2012 02:30 GMT
#670
On May 12 2012 11:19 UniversalSnip wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2012 09:55 unichan wrote:
basically just no melee LOL
On May 12 2012 09:51 UniversalSnip wrote:
On May 12 2012 09:23 unichan wrote:
I played in the beta, and the game was laggy on my computer on the lowest settings. Like whenever I entered a new area it would freeze for 3 seconds and then sometimes it would randomly freeze for a second lol. Will they come out with lower quality settings or should I skip buying it?
What's the easiest class to play (i like demon hunter and wizard they look very cute but if something else is easier i'll just play it l0l)


just skip it uni :<

you saying that because integrated graphics card no good or cause you don't like it haha


Because of the card, doesn't sound like much fun to have your guy freezing all the time lol. you'll probably die a lot too


Well, did it stutter a lot the first time around, or all the time?

The first time (full playthrough) mine locked up a lot, because it was still downloading the data, but subsequent times were flawless.
unichan
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States4223 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-12 02:46:35
May 12 2012 02:45 GMT
#671
I never finished dling everything, so I wouldn't know haha.
Clearly I am missing a large piece of the puzzle, but I can play DOTA2 so I will pray to jesus that I can play d3 also
:)
ulan-bat
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
China403 Posts
May 13 2012 01:36 GMT
#672
If feel like in D2 you never knew how much damage/life your minions really had. I remember wolves and skeletons being supposed to die easily but they could tank quite a bit and moreover they had a massive life regen. It may just be me though.

How are things regarding minions in D3?
"Short games, shorts, summer weather, those things bring the heat!" - EG.iNcontroL
[Crimson]Bason
Profile Joined October 2008
China161 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-13 02:00:18
May 13 2012 01:58 GMT
#673
On May 13 2012 10:36 ulan-bat wrote:
If feel like in D2 you never knew how much damage/life your minions really had. I remember wolves and skeletons being supposed to die easily but they could tank quite a bit and moreover they had a massive life regen. It may just be me though.

How are things regarding minions in D3?


in D2 ... they tell you how much life your minions have, you can also check the skill charts.... but in D3 they dont tell you... although I think those minions gain hp as you level up ... they have to because a 40 hp zombie dog is pretty much useless at higher lvls but I agree they should show minion hp in D3

I think they need more info on those skills especially the summoning skills in D3... they dont tell you much except the dmg they do... no hp or resistance or how they scale with levels
Ripebananaa
Profile Joined September 2011
Canada129 Posts
May 13 2012 02:01 GMT
#674
I didn't get to play all the classes, so I've got a question.

Do wizards have a mana regen attack the same way barbs/hunters/monks have a focus regen, or would they just rely on their mana regen?
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
May 13 2012 02:05 GMT
#675
On May 13 2012 11:01 Ripebananaa wrote:
I didn't get to play all the classes, so I've got a question.

Do wizards have a mana regen attack the same way barbs/hunters/monks have a focus regen, or would they just rely on their mana regen?


They have free to cast skills and rely on mana regen.
Mysticesper
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1183 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-13 02:24:17
May 13 2012 02:18 GMT
#676
On May 13 2012 11:05 skyR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 13 2012 11:01 Ripebananaa wrote:
I didn't get to play all the classes, so I've got a question.

Do wizards have a mana regen attack the same way barbs/hunters/monks have a focus regen, or would they just rely on their mana regen?


They have free to cast skills and rely on mana regen.


to an extent, you can rune in +AP per cast / hit on your signature spells (free ones) + prodigy for +4 ap per hit (cast)
Itemization also apparently allows for +AP on crit, etc.

On May 13 2012 10:58 [Crimson]Bason wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 13 2012 10:36 ulan-bat wrote:
If feel like in D2 you never knew how much damage/life your minions really had. I remember wolves and skeletons being supposed to die easily but they could tank quite a bit and moreover they had a massive life regen. It may just be me though.

How are things regarding minions in D3?


in D2 ... they tell you how much life your minions have, you can also check the skill charts.... but in D3 they dont tell you... although I think those minions gain hp as you level up ... they have to because a 40 hp zombie dog is pretty much useless at higher lvls but I agree they should show minion hp in D3

I think they need more info on those skills especially the summoning skills in D3... they dont tell you much except the dmg they do... no hp or resistance or how they scale with levels


While it isn't explicitly said, as far as I know, I am sure minions have some percentage of your hp. It goes with Blizzard's scaling ideology in this game. Damage is now a percent of your weapon, cast speed is a result of your attack speed. I would imagine minions have some fraction of your hp, armor, etc. When you have 50k+ hp in Inferno, I would assume minions have like 30-40k or so. They are supposedly inferno viable.

On May 12 2012 11:45 unichan wrote:
I never finished dling everything, so I wouldn't know haha.
Clearly I am missing a large piece of the puzzle, but I can play DOTA2 so I will pray to jesus that I can play d3 also


Download, install, and activate a starter account and see what happens on release. Release versions are almost always more stable than beta, because often times a beta is using older versions of their engine than what you have at release, thus it lacks optimization, etc.
[Crimson]Bason
Profile Joined October 2008
China161 Posts
May 13 2012 02:40 GMT
#677
On May 13 2012 11:18 Mysticesper wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 13 2012 11:05 skyR wrote:
On May 13 2012 11:01 Ripebananaa wrote:
I didn't get to play all the classes, so I've got a question.

Do wizards have a mana regen attack the same way barbs/hunters/monks have a focus regen, or would they just rely on their mana regen?


They have free to cast skills and rely on mana regen.


to an extent, you can rune in +AP per cast / hit on your signature spells (free ones) + prodigy for +4 ap per hit (cast)
Itemization also apparently allows for +AP on crit, etc.

Show nested quote +
On May 13 2012 10:58 [Crimson]Bason wrote:
On May 13 2012 10:36 ulan-bat wrote:
If feel like in D2 you never knew how much damage/life your minions really had. I remember wolves and skeletons being supposed to die easily but they could tank quite a bit and moreover they had a massive life regen. It may just be me though.

How are things regarding minions in D3?


in D2 ... they tell you how much life your minions have, you can also check the skill charts.... but in D3 they dont tell you... although I think those minions gain hp as you level up ... they have to because a 40 hp zombie dog is pretty much useless at higher lvls but I agree they should show minion hp in D3

I think they need more info on those skills especially the summoning skills in D3... they dont tell you much except the dmg they do... no hp or resistance or how they scale with levels


While it isn't explicitly said, as far as I know, I am sure minions have some percentage of your hp. It goes with Blizzard's scaling ideology in this game. Damage is now a percent of your weapon, cast speed is a result of your attack speed. I would imagine minions have some fraction of your hp, armor, etc. When you have 50k+ hp in Inferno, I would assume minions have like 30-40k or so. They are supposedly inferno viable.

Show nested quote +
On May 12 2012 11:45 unichan wrote:
I never finished dling everything, so I wouldn't know haha.
Clearly I am missing a large piece of the puzzle, but I can play DOTA2 so I will pray to jesus that I can play d3 also


Download, install, and activate a starter account and see what happens on release. Release versions are almost always more stable than beta, because often times a beta is using older versions of their engine than what you have at release, thus it lacks optimization, etc.


why doesnt blizzard tell us all those things... i dont like how even with tooltip enabled the skills description doesnt tell you much at all... i dont like it how they have hidden features to the skills...
Hikko
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1126 Posts
May 13 2012 02:54 GMT
#678
Is there a website or a set of videos someone has produced that can help me choose what class to play? A video guide by some youtuber would be incredible, but anything would be great. I have no clue how I can find this stuff out.
♥
Mysticesper
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1183 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-13 03:06:11
May 13 2012 02:58 GMT
#679
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/media/videos/?view#/wizard-overview

top five videos are blizzard's official "overview" of each class.

youtube:+ Show Spoiler +






GogoKodo
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Canada1785 Posts
May 13 2012 03:23 GMT
#680
On May 13 2012 11:54 Hikko wrote:
Is there a website or a set of videos someone has produced that can help me choose what class to play? A video guide by some youtuber would be incredible, but anything would be great. I have no clue how I can find this stuff out.

See the post above mine.
Also if you click through to each class on the game guide you can see videos of various skills and read a description of all skills and their various runes. For example http://us.battle.net/d3/en/class/monk/active/
twitter: @terrancem
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 90 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings124
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta18
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 254
NeuroSwarm 182
StarCraft: Brood War
HiyA 337
hero 72
sorry 28
Bale 17
Terrorterran 13
ZergMaN 10
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1071
League of Legends
JimRising 730
Counter-Strike
taco 422
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King146
Other Games
summit1g10661
Maynarde207
ArmadaUGS46
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick469
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 11
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 138
• Berry_CruncH121
• practicex 28
• Letter145
• Kozan
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota258
League of Legends
• Rush1088
• Stunt222
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 44m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
6h 44m
Monday Night Weeklies
11h 44m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 19h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.