• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:56
CEST 06:56
KST 13:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9938 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 35

Forum Index > Diablo 3
Post a Reply
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 90 Next
venomium
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands245 Posts
May 13 2012 15:11 GMT
#681
Maybe not that simple a question, but hopefully someone knows

My CE arrives somewhere on the 15th, probably in the afternoon. Even though I participated in the Beta, I want to start playing on 00:01, unfortunately I don't know the cd-key ofcourse so I can't start playing before the mail arrives.

Yesterday I saw a D3 starter's edition unlocked on the account manager and read that the SE is the Beta content, but you get to keep your characters when you enter an official gamekey later.

For the actual question; does anyone know if the SE is enabled on the release date, making it possible for me to play up to lvl 13 at night, go to bed, wake up to receive my CE and then continue playing?
-- I don't want to spend 60 bucks for 12 hours of extra gametime by buying the digital download and then upgrading, I've waited over 10 years for this game, 12 hours I should be able to manage

" I think we finally found the magic number of guns needed to be pointed at the TL hive mind to deter sexual molestation (9)" -Coagulation
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
May 13 2012 15:13 GMT
#682
According to diablofans, it'll be available right when the game launches but you will need a guest pass.
pdd
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia9933 Posts
May 13 2012 15:45 GMT
#683
So I just found out that there's an Individual Loot system in D3. Just wondering if I'm playing with a friend and I pick up loot which suits his character better can I drop it and then he's able to see it? Or must I pass it to him through say the Auction House or something?
TI4 Champions: EE-Sama | B7-God | A-God_2000 | Kappa Lord | pieliedie
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
May 13 2012 15:46 GMT
#684
On May 14 2012 00:45 pdd wrote:
So I just found out that there's an Individual Loot system in D3. Just wondering if I'm playing with a friend and I pick up loot which suits his character better can I drop it and then he's able to see it? Or must I pass it to him through say the Auction House or something?


Once you drop the item, anybody in the game can see it / pick it up.
Westy
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
England808 Posts
May 13 2012 16:05 GMT
#685
Pre-orderd from Blizzard, and I live in the UK. Anyone know exactly what time I will be able to start playing?
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
May 13 2012 16:06 GMT
#686
On May 14 2012 00:11 venomium wrote:
Maybe not that simple a question, but hopefully someone knows

My CE arrives somewhere on the 15th, probably in the afternoon. Even though I participated in the Beta, I want to start playing on 00:01, unfortunately I don't know the cd-key ofcourse so I can't start playing before the mail arrives.

Yesterday I saw a D3 starter's edition unlocked on the account manager and read that the SE is the Beta content, but you get to keep your characters when you enter an official gamekey later.

For the actual question; does anyone know if the SE is enabled on the release date, making it possible for me to play up to lvl 13 at night, go to bed, wake up to receive my CE and then continue playing?
-- I don't want to spend 60 bucks for 12 hours of extra gametime by buying the digital download and then upgrading, I've waited over 10 years for this game, 12 hours I should be able to manage



Apparently not...
Iyerbeth
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
England2410 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-13 16:10:42
May 13 2012 16:07 GMT
#687
On May 14 2012 01:05 Westy wrote:
Pre-orderd from Blizzard, and I live in the UK. Anyone know exactly what time I will be able to start playing?


23:01 tomorrow evening. You'll be able to install it at 16:01 tomorrow too, in order to be ready for server's going live.

Edit: Though it's not actually in your question, be sure to check out this page too if you haven't already:

New Downloaders for English and German
♥ Liquid`Sheth ♥ Liquid`TLO ♥
Shalarn
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada15 Posts
May 13 2012 17:12 GMT
#688
I've seen links to the Diablo 3 installer download, but can't find a link to the mac installer. Does anybody have a link?

Thanks
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
May 13 2012 17:13 GMT
#689
On May 14 2012 02:12 Shalarn wrote:
I've seen links to the Diablo 3 installer download, but can't find a link to the mac installer. Does anybody have a link?

Thanks


The installer includes both the Windows and Mac installation.
Sverigevader
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden388 Posts
May 13 2012 17:17 GMT
#690
On May 14 2012 02:13 skyR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 14 2012 02:12 Shalarn wrote:
I've seen links to the Diablo 3 installer download, but can't find a link to the mac installer. Does anybody have a link?

Thanks


The installer includes both the Windows and Mac installation.


Whut?

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4410912/
"I can answer this, you're just a god damn sexy mofo." http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=147829&currentpage=7#139
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
May 13 2012 17:17 GMT
#691
Mac files are in my installation... maybe it's different for Europe?
Sverigevader
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden388 Posts
May 13 2012 17:20 GMT
#692
On May 14 2012 02:17 skyR wrote:
Mac files are in my installation... maybe it's different for Europe?


It appears I have them too. Strange
"I can answer this, you're just a god damn sexy mofo." http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=147829&currentpage=7#139
Mysticesper
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1183 Posts
May 13 2012 17:23 GMT
#693
They would need a mac downloader, as macs can't run .exe files.
zJayy962
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
1363 Posts
May 13 2012 17:25 GMT
#694
So I can't download D3 because my university blocks the Blizzard DLer. Any other way for me to download??
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
May 13 2012 17:29 GMT
#695
On May 14 2012 02:23 Mysticesper wrote:
They would need a mac downloader, as macs can't run .exe files.


That is why there are mac files....
GogoKodo
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Canada1785 Posts
May 13 2012 17:29 GMT
#696
On May 14 2012 02:25 zJayy962 wrote:
So I can't download D3 because my university blocks the Blizzard DLer. Any other way for me to download??

You may just need to disable the peer-to-peer preference in the downloader. Try that.
twitter: @terrancem
Tassadaren
Profile Joined August 2004
Sweden11 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-13 17:35:51
May 13 2012 17:35 GMT
#697
On May 14 2012 00:11 venomium wrote:
Maybe not that simple a question, but hopefully someone knows

My CE arrives somewhere on the 15th, probably in the afternoon. Even though I participated in the Beta, I want to start playing on 00:01, unfortunately I don't know the cd-key ofcourse so I can't start playing before the mail arrives.

Yesterday I saw a D3 starter's edition unlocked on the account manager and read that the SE is the Beta content, but you get to keep your characters when you enter an official gamekey later.

For the actual question; does anyone know if the SE is enabled on the release date, making it possible for me to play up to lvl 13 at night, go to bed, wake up to receive my CE and then continue playing?
-- I don't want to spend 60 bucks for 12 hours of extra gametime by buying the digital download and then upgrading, I've waited over 10 years for this game, 12 hours I should be able to manage



Hmm
I cant find the link to download starteredition, where is it?
kerokerkoreko
zJayy962
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
1363 Posts
May 13 2012 17:37 GMT
#698
On May 14 2012 02:35 Tassadaren wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 14 2012 00:11 venomium wrote:
Maybe not that simple a question, but hopefully someone knows

My CE arrives somewhere on the 15th, probably in the afternoon. Even though I participated in the Beta, I want to start playing on 00:01, unfortunately I don't know the cd-key ofcourse so I can't start playing before the mail arrives.

Yesterday I saw a D3 starter's edition unlocked on the account manager and read that the SE is the Beta content, but you get to keep your characters when you enter an official gamekey later.

For the actual question; does anyone know if the SE is enabled on the release date, making it possible for me to play up to lvl 13 at night, go to bed, wake up to receive my CE and then continue playing?
-- I don't want to spend 60 bucks for 12 hours of extra gametime by buying the digital download and then upgrading, I've waited over 10 years for this game, 12 hours I should be able to manage



Hmm
I cant find the link to download starteredition, where is it?


Its the same download link as the official release.
Tassadaren
Profile Joined August 2004
Sweden11 Posts
May 13 2012 17:42 GMT
#699
On May 14 2012 02:37 zJayy962 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 14 2012 02:35 Tassadaren wrote:
On May 14 2012 00:11 venomium wrote:
Maybe not that simple a question, but hopefully someone knows

My CE arrives somewhere on the 15th, probably in the afternoon. Even though I participated in the Beta, I want to start playing on 00:01, unfortunately I don't know the cd-key ofcourse so I can't start playing before the mail arrives.

Yesterday I saw a D3 starter's edition unlocked on the account manager and read that the SE is the Beta content, but you get to keep your characters when you enter an official gamekey later.

For the actual question; does anyone know if the SE is enabled on the release date, making it possible for me to play up to lvl 13 at night, go to bed, wake up to receive my CE and then continue playing?
-- I don't want to spend 60 bucks for 12 hours of extra gametime by buying the digital download and then upgrading, I've waited over 10 years for this game, 12 hours I should be able to manage



Hmm
I cant find the link to download starteredition, where is it?


Its the same download link as the official release.


So you cannot download SE unless you bought the digital edition?
kerokerkoreko
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
May 13 2012 17:46 GMT
#700
You need a guest pass for Starter Edition: http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-starter-edition-guest-pass
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 90 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings130
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 187
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 207
hero 166
sorry 42
Mind 27
Bale 18
Terrorterran 18
ZergMaN 8
Icarus 6
Noble 4
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1035
League of Legends
JimRising 711
Counter-Strike
taco 429
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King144
Other Games
summit1g10632
Maynarde193
RuFF_SC2131
ArmadaUGS50
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick479
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 6
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH321
• Hupsaiya 124
• practicex 29
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2104
League of Legends
• Rush1346
• Stunt313
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 4m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
6h 4m
Monday Night Weeklies
11h 4m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 19h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.