• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:48
CEST 06:48
KST 13:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20261Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7345 users

No LAN for SC2, it's confirmed - Page 14

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All
VIB
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Brazil3567 Posts
June 30 2009 05:44 GMT
#261
On June 30 2009 14:32 DeCoup wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 30 2009 13:17 DamageControL wrote:
Great now I have to buy two copies.


I hope to god your trolling
Why exactly do you think that? It makes perfect sense, I see many people buying multiple sc2 keys now, only because of the lack of lan.
Great people talk about ideas. Average people talk about things. Small people talk about other people.
e4e5nf3
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Canada599 Posts
June 30 2009 06:05 GMT
#262
I'm hoping Blizz is just holding off lan implementation until one or both of the expansions is released. Perhaps they're calculating that since the game won't be fully balanced anyhow until all the expansions come out, it should be alright to hold off lan implementation. The SC2 esport scene won't be in full swing until the game is complete anyhow. Plus it gives people more incentive to buy the expansions. At least I'm hoping this is the case.
King takes Queen
LuDwig-
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Italy1143 Posts
June 30 2009 06:34 GMT
#263
I don0t understand..so no lan tournament and so on? quite sad..
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=120015&currentpage=98<--Search the HotBid's Post
Polis
Profile Joined January 2005
Poland1292 Posts
June 30 2009 06:36 GMT
#264
Ok why are you people so concerned about piracy? Every blizzard game was a big commercial success, having spawn installation didn't stop SC from being one. Why do you defend greed that hurt customers? It would be understandable if Blizzard games were not so popular, but that is not the case SC2 would sell great even with spawn installation. If they are selfish, they why I should be selfless towards them, and support lower standards that they offer now? By doing so you are promoting changes that are bad for you, think about it. It will go with small steps, with war3 we had lost spawn installation, now we are loosing LAN.

As for legality:
1)spawn install are legal.
2)Just becouse something is not legal it don't automatically make it bad.
Stratos_speAr
Profile Joined May 2009
United States6959 Posts
June 30 2009 06:36 GMT
#265
On June 30 2009 15:05 e4e5nf3 wrote:
I'm hoping Blizz is just holding off lan implementation until one or both of the expansions is released. Perhaps they're calculating that since the game won't be fully balanced anyhow until all the expansions come out, it should be alright to hold off lan implementation. The SC2 esport scene won't be in full swing until the game is complete anyhow. Plus it gives people more incentive to buy the expansions. At least I'm hoping this is the case.


That's still a dumb move. Leave out a key part of countless games' multiplayer aspect just to put it in an expansion? I can't think of many ways that would be more greedy and money-grubbingly selfish than that. If they did that, I would lose ALL respect I had for Blizzard.
A sound mind in a sound body, is a short, but full description of a happy state in this World: he that has these two, has little more to wish for; and he that wants either of them, will be little the better for anything else.
00Zarathustra
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Bolivia419 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-06-30 07:35:19
June 30 2009 07:33 GMT
#266
On June 30 2009 15:36 Polis wrote:
Ok why are you people so concerned about piracy? Every blizzard game was a big commercial success, having spawn installation didn't stop SC from being one. Why do you defend greed that hurt customers? It would be understandable if Blizzard games were not so popular, but that is not the case SC2 would sell great even with spawn installation. If they are selfish, they why I should be selfless towards them, and support lower standards that they offer now? By doing so you are promoting changes that are bad for you, think about it.



This is what we are really talking about.

Let Blizzard worry about the pirates.

We are COSTUMERS!!!!!!!
So the ones defending blizzard are the "rich costumers" or at least wealthy enough to have internet connection wherever they go. What they don't realize is that having the LAN option takes nothing from them. It the same with or without LAN. So including it wont hurt them. Why do you waste your time talking about pirates and sales? Are you Blizzard executives? No ur not. Ur costumer like the rest of us. So STFU.

Then there are the other type of costumers: The "third world - poor costumers" including me.

This are the ones that should be complaining. Why? Because taking the LAN of the game, is taking the only multiplayer option we have. "Get an internet connection" we don't have the money to pay even for 512kbps connection. Most of the cybercafe (where everyone plays SC here) have 2 separated rooms. 1 with internet and one without it. This is so the non playing ppl can have available machines for net surfing, while the gamers can play LAN with no trouble. Why not putting internet on every machine? Expenses. As i said is really expensive to have big internet connections here. So the internet is used for really important matters, not games.

So imagine i listen to you ppl saying to get an internet connection. I go and talk to the cybercafe owner to get an internet connection to be able to play a game. +
1) He wont pay additional 100$us (more than the average paycheck here) so we can play a LAN game. I mean why would he? there are tons of games you just have to click a button to play LAN. why should he pay to do this? Should his kinds miss their private school so we can play SC2? Or should LAN be available with a single click like it always been?

2)He doesn't give a **** if SC2 is the most epic game ever!!! He has a family to feed. So its just a game to him. He already has to make the investment in the game itself. i repeat "there are tons of games you just have to click a button to play LAN. why should he pay to do this?"

So pre-answering you possible responses:

Why not share the internet with the internet only room? u just need to log in to bnet and then you are not using the bandwidth anymore?

Well here 1 of every 1000 ppl has home internet the rest of us just use a cybercafe. That includes but not limits to: business mails, relatives mail, corp. mails. internet homework, internet studies, internet learning, internet business, etc. So the machines are restricted to that use. Because you know gamers are hardcore and will use the Pc for hours leaving a lot of unfinished business from ppl that really need it. So games are banned from those pcs no matter what.

So this is my friend's case and mine. At least in Bolivia that is the rule not the exception.
There are a lot of other cases, a lot of other countrys, a lot of other places in the world where internet is not an option. IT JUST IS NOT AN OPTION.

So to you ppl that are lucky enough to have easy access to internet:
STOP defending a cause that is not yours.
This LAN problem is not a problem to you, so don't flame.
This LAN problem is a problem to us, so let us complain!!!!!!

So resuming:
No LAN = maybe good for Blizzard - Good for "you" - Bad for "us"
LAN = Not bad for Blizzard (will sell millions anyway) - Good for "you" - Good for "us"
Key: "you" = "rich consumer/easy internet access" ; "us" = "poor consumer/limited or no internet access"

I hope you understand "us" know. And to the ones that do thx.

P.S.: to the guy that said that its 2009. Come on!!!! We are in the middle of a world crisis like somebody already said. Get out of your little perfect tiny world. Its harder for us to get internet today than it was 2 years ago. And the ones that had it (like me), couldn't keep it. So......

LET US COMPLAIN
Zarathustra "You can't spell aNal_Rape without Nal_Ra"
Boonbag
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
France3318 Posts
June 30 2009 07:47 GMT
#267
lmao

competitive lan game without any lan support

win
despite
Profile Joined June 2009
Bulgaria105 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-06-30 08:17:26
June 30 2009 08:00 GMT
#268
Next step will be to be obliged to connect to battle.net 2.0 in order to play the Single player campaign. That will be a good step against piracy because you'll need to buy the game or borrow it from a friend to play single player. If you borrow it and play he won't be able to play at the same time so he'll likely not lend it to you and if he thinks you'll make a copy of his game he'll most likely not lend it to you so why not do that?

wait wut?

EDIT:
On June 30 2009 17:06 Aurious wrote:
Solution: allow the download like wow activate CD-Key per account like wow problem fixed...no?


Dude not everyone here has played wow, you can try to explain this a little bit.
Aurious
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Canada1772 Posts
June 30 2009 08:06 GMT
#269
Solution: allow the download like wow activate CD-Key per account like wow problem fixed...no?
lokiM
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States3407 Posts
June 30 2009 08:31 GMT
#270
lol for some reason I can't believe this is true, I'm going to wait for more info but this is fucking dumb if theres no LAN support
You can't fight the feeling.
georgir
Profile Joined May 2009
Bulgaria253 Posts
June 30 2009 08:39 GMT
#271
On June 30 2009 16:33 oSS-Zarathustra wrote:
We are COSTUMERS!!!!!!!

Yeah, but my costume is at the cleaner's.
PH
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6173 Posts
June 30 2009 08:45 GMT
#272
Are you guys all fucking retarded?

What about those of us with less-than-great internet connections? I don't get consistently good connections through bnet...but VPNs get me decent games...not to mention being able to play at home offline is a big plus.

This is fucking stupid...this is just a huge fucking DRM thing, and it fucking sucks ass.
Hello
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
June 30 2009 08:57 GMT
#273
The Bolivian guy just owned the thread. Hard.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
jtype
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
England2167 Posts
June 30 2009 09:09 GMT
#274
Sorry not to jump on the bandwagon of nerdrage here, but I'm confident that Blizzard know what they're doing and will provide us with an "offline mode", but they're just not calling it LAN.

Have some faith in the guys that made SC1.
Teh_Arbitur
Profile Joined December 2008
Sweden60 Posts
June 30 2009 09:24 GMT
#275
The SC1 battle.net is 11 years old and its OK. I bet Battle.net 2 will be good too, i usually lag but thats just my internet since its shared by 3 computers at my home.
fearus wrote: How is Bisu going to be able to concentrate with his striking good looks staring back at him? Conspiracy!!!!
isleyofthenorth
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Austria894 Posts
June 30 2009 10:36 GMT
#276
thats really fucked up. i guess we will need a 3rd party program to play via lan in the future
Faoladh
Profile Joined April 2009
Australia1 Post
June 30 2009 11:06 GMT
#277
I just can't help but feel for oSS-Zarathustra. I know my situation is nowhere near as bad as his, but I live in a country where I suffer at labsolute best 300ms latency connecting to any US server. It's not much, but it is enough to make macro difficult, especially as things get hairy. The delay can mean the difference all too often between hitting a mine or not. (I know they've been removed.) Now if I want to play a friend at a netcafe, we are both going to get punished through lag on two computers separated by only 1 or 2 metres of physical space.

To be honest I hadn't even contemplated how this could effect people in considerably less fortunate countries, but I find it quite disenchanting that Blizzard would make a policy decision that could so jeopardise the playing experience of many fans. I know I'm being quite pessimistic reading "We will not be supporting LAN" as all information will be passed through battle.net-2, but really if local network play was to be supported, I'm personally confident that it would be advertised.

I've always been punished for playing overseas competitors due to the very substandard internet in Oz. But to be punished whilst playing personal friends in the same building is a bit much.

What's really pissing me off is the fact that I will still buy the game because this doesn't effect my home play. I've only ever played LAN at my house once. This effects my ability to duck into a netcafe and play a fun lag free 30 minute game before a movie or after uni with friends. No matter how improved bnet2 is over the original there are always going to be errors on my end of the connection slowing it down.

I'm not even getting the really short end of the stick here, it's more midrange. So I just can't help but feel for those who this decision will really effect in an extremely negative manner.
PlutoNZ
Profile Joined February 2008
New Zealand410 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-06-30 11:15:50
June 30 2009 11:12 GMT
#278
On June 30 2009 20:06 Faoladh wrote:
I just can't help but feel for oSS-Zarathustra. I know my situation is nowhere near as bad as his, but I live in a country where I suffer at labsolute best 300ms latency connecting to any US server. It's not much, but it is enough to make macro difficult, especially as things get hairy. The delay can mean the difference all too often between hitting a mine or not. (I know they've been removed.) Now if I want to play a friend at a netcafe, we are both going to get punished through lag on two computers separated by only 1 or 2 metres of physical space.

To be honest I hadn't even contemplated how this could effect people in considerably less fortunate countries, but I find it quite disenchanting that Blizzard would make a policy decision that could so jeopardise the playing experience of many fans. I know I'm being quite pessimistic reading "We will not be supporting LAN" as all information will be passed through battle.net-2, but really if local network play was to be supported, I'm personally confident that it would be advertised.

I've always been punished for playing overseas competitors due to the very substandard internet in Oz. But to be punished whilst playing personal friends in the same building is a bit much.

What's really pissing me off is the fact that I will still buy the game because this doesn't effect my home play. I've only ever played LAN at my house once. This effects my ability to duck into a netcafe and play a fun lag free 30 minute game before a movie or after uni with friends. No matter how improved bnet2 is over the original there are always going to be errors on my end of the connection slowing it down.

I'm not even getting the really short end of the stick here, it's more midrange. So I just can't help but feel for those who this decision will really effect in an extremely negative manner.

You will be able to play on LAN. You just have to connect to Battle.net first. So if your on the same network as your friends, you will be able to play with no lag.
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
June 30 2009 11:16 GMT
#279
On June 30 2009 07:28 floor exercise wrote:
No LAN is really disappointing and will kill small tournaments and lanparties. I didn't think Blizzard was the kind of company that would intentionally cut things out of their game just to potentially make a few extra bucks when they know it will negatively impact the community.


If you don't live in a third world country you have internet on your LAN's
Lim Yo Hwan forever!
despite
Profile Joined June 2009
Bulgaria105 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-06-30 11:48:22
June 30 2009 11:27 GMT
#280
On June 30 2009 20:12 SearingShadow wrote:
You will be able to play on LAN. You just have to connect to Battle.net first. So if your on the same network as your friends, you will be able to play with no lag.


I would really like to see your source on the matter if that's not a problem. Or are you just making conclusions based on previous posts in this thread?

All I have read about the differences between bnet1 i bnet2 is the option to make money transactions in order to make tournaments or set up leagues. If that's all about it I'll just give this game a good laugh and I'm not the only one.

EDIT: I just read that in the other thread about the two developers.

- In the old Battle.net, it was P2P (Peer-2-peer). Is this different in Battle.net 2.0? (T/N: Old Battle.net forced users to connect to each other once in a game, that's why you can get disconnected from Battle.net but still be able to play)
▲ Dustin: It will be similar to Warcraft 3's router format. Gamers will be using Battle.net to play, so we will be able to check what the gamers are doing (i.e: keep track of who's abusing stats, hacking, etc).


Is it just me or sending information to the battle.net server causes delay?
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech128
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 6846
Rain 1898
GuemChi 631
FanTaSy 212
sSak 52
Bale 23
Icarus 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 3
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm184
League of Legends
JimRising 622
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1111
minikerr37
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1081
Mew2King79
Other Games
summit1g7827
WinterStarcraft606
C9.Mang0172
ViBE70
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1034
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream46
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Light_VIP 27
• Letter149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2109
League of Legends
• Lourlo1177
• Rush775
• Stunt411
Other Games
• Scarra888
• Shiphtur688
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
5h 12m
INu's Battles
6h 12m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
8h 12m
OSC
17h 27m
Replay Cast
18h 12m
OSC
1d 18h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.