• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:14
CEST 18:14
KST 01:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror SC4ALL II: Brood War Player Announcement 4/4 Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9970 users

One-Line Confessions - Page 189

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 187 188 189 190 191 209 Next
Tempest186
Profile Joined September 2010
79 Posts
January 05 2011 20:38 GMT
#3761
My gf of 6 years and I are currently living in 2 different cities 2200km apart. I was home for the christmas vacation and we spent tons of time together. The distance is really beginning to hurt. I'm in med school, in first year, and not sure if I can take this for another 3 years. To make matters worse, members of both my family and her family got engaged over the break, both couples are younger and been dating for shorter periods of time. This really burns my ass because it essentially what I want after being together for 6 years.

I don't know. The day to day activities are alright as I'm usually too busy to become distracted by loneliness. But being home with my family and gf always leads to about a week of depression when I return to school, which I did this morning. I come from a ridiculously large and close family (we're italian, so you could imagine), and so being in a city on my own really sucks.

To preempt some of the responses, I have no intention of dropping out of school or breaking up with the gf lol, it just feels really good to vent and get some of this emotional baggage off my back. Nevertheless, right now, all I can say is FML.
Dropsonic
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United Kingdom36 Posts
January 05 2011 21:23 GMT
#3762
I've been struggling with social phobia for the past 5 years. Needless to say I haven't had any friends during this time, and only on very rare occasions have I had contact with anyone who are as old as me.
This Tuesday, I was supposed to start in school. And again i failed. This was my sixth or seventh attempt during this whole period. I feel like I'm in a hopeless situation, and I admit that I have recently had thoughts of suicide.

Seeing as I've actually gotten used to living this way, I'm actually happy more often than not. But when I look at other people, people who have an active social life and a future, I feel like a pitiful human being.
Cleomenes
Profile Joined May 2010
United States138 Posts
January 05 2011 21:29 GMT
#3763
Dropsonic,

Have you gone to therapy? I'm no expert in psych, but it sounds like Cognitive Behavioral Therapy would be good for you. Either way, stick it out man. Life is shitty sometimes, but when life is awesome it's beautiful.
Mawi
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden4365 Posts
January 05 2011 23:53 GMT
#3764
When i was 7 years old and i was in a library some highschoolers told me they were going to show me cartoons on the CP but it was actually PORN it was 1man 1woman and they said this is how babies are made.
My confession

+ Show Spoiler +
I told everyone at my school how babies are made and the rumours spread faster than a disease and later the principal found out and accidently accused the wrong kid for telling the whole school about this matter, His parents were so pissed off i bet they spanked him because him and i are immigrants. I still sleep good at night thinking of that :D

Forever Mirin Zyzz Son of Zeus Brother of Hercules Father of the Aesthetics
Necosarius
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Sweden4042 Posts
January 05 2011 23:58 GMT
#3765
Whenever I take a short walk I listen to the Inception trailer music and I feel like a BAMF.
corumjhaelen
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
France6884 Posts
January 06 2011 00:26 GMT
#3766
I'm 22. AT 21 I hadmy first and only GF, who also happened to be my best friend ex. We were in the same class, so it was really akward, could not talk too much to each other. It was especially hard as she told me random shit on him.
She also gave me a very hard time, to the point that I pretty much regret ever being with her, even though there were a few good moments.
But hey, today I can talk to my fdriend again, everything's back as normal.
I'm just much more obsessed with sex than I have ever been.
My friend sometimes read this thread.
‎numquam se plus agere quam nihil cum ageret, numquam minus solum esse quam cum solus esset
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
January 06 2011 00:35 GMT
#3767
On January 06 2011 09:26 corumjhaelen wrote:
I'm 22. AT 21 I hadmy first and only GF, who also happened to be my best friend ex. We were in the same class, so it was really akward, could not talk too much to each other. It was especially hard as she told me random shit on him.
She also gave me a very hard time, to the point that I pretty much regret ever being with her, even though there were a few good moments.
But hey, today I can talk to my fdriend again, everything's back as normal.
I'm just much more obsessed with sex than I have ever been.
My friend sometimes read this thread.


Yup. One problem with only one short "relationship" is that annoying libido setting up onward. Never been annoying before that, and since urges are more frequent and I miiss it more because now I actually know how it feels.

Your body can be quite a nuisance, sometimes.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
PandaCore
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany553 Posts
January 06 2011 11:05 GMT
#3768
gf broke up 1 day before our yearly anniversary and I can't feel sad or care
I has a flavor
GoDannY
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany442 Posts
January 06 2011 11:20 GMT
#3769
I'm trying to regain some social skills I lost during 3 years of frustration and, I have to admit, depression by loosing my gf and being stuck in a really shitty job with a discouraging boss.
At least it will all be over, soon - soldier on...
Team LifeStyle - it's more than a game
midou
Profile Joined April 2008
Bulgaria1168 Posts
January 06 2011 11:24 GMT
#3770
On December 30 2010 11:26 D10 wrote:
I hate going out, night clubs, parties, whatever it all sucks.

Id much rather smoke a joint with a close group of friends and talk shit watch a movie play some games etc...

Specially RPGs


This is sooo valid for me, also.
Pulimuli
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Sweden2766 Posts
January 06 2011 11:35 GMT
#3771
On January 04 2011 16:28 BritishBeef wrote:
When me and my sister were younger (about 6 and 7) my mom caught us smoking the used ciggarettes out the ashtray.. she then proceeded to tell the teacher who announced infront of mine and my sisters class that we had been caught smoking..My mom also then went to the shop and bought 2 packs of 10 cigarette's and proceeded to "force" me and my sister to eat a whole packet each .. At least once we got past about 4/5 ciggarette's each we were both crying really hard whaling like a 7/8 year old does she allowed us to not ahve to eat the remaining 12..needless to say i don't smoke .. But my sister does.. lol.

My mom / dad also told me and my sister the easter bunny wasn't real so we went and told people in school and got into trouble ... seriously my parents were evil in that regard..


pretty sure its healthier to smoke cigarettes than to EAT them LoL!
WeSt
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Portugal918 Posts
January 06 2011 12:14 GMT
#3772
I can't get addicted to cigarretes. I've been smoking weed for the past 3 years and more often since I got a job. When I was taking breaks from weed I would smoke the rest of the pack of cigarretes for 1 week or so and then stop smoking for 1 month. I did this more than 5-6 times. I never have the urge to smoke a cig. I stopped smoking again (1 week now) and I'm going fine
zvz is imba
fabulously
Profile Joined November 2010
Norway724 Posts
January 06 2011 12:18 GMT
#3773
On January 06 2011 06:23 Dropsonic wrote:
I've been struggling with social phobia for the past 5 years. Needless to say I haven't had any friends during this time, and only on very rare occasions have I had contact with anyone who are as old as me.
This Tuesday, I was supposed to start in school. And again i failed. This was my sixth or seventh attempt during this whole period. I feel like I'm in a hopeless situation, and I admit that I have recently had thoughts of suicide.

Seeing as I've actually gotten used to living this way, I'm actually happy more often than not. But when I look at other people, people who have an active social life and a future, I feel like a pitiful human being.


Most important thing is that you feel happy yourself, but I understand how your happiness can fade if you compare yourself with other people. Its never fun to feel that way. Not sure if it is any help at all, but I think a lot of people you "meet" at forums like this can somewhat relate to your problems. At least I find it a lot easier to find likeminded people online than in real life. If you wanna share your thoughts more privately some times, feel free to PM me.
Welcome back ROOT-gaming - you were never forgotten <3
Manimal_pro
Profile Joined June 2010
Romania991 Posts
January 06 2011 12:37 GMT
#3774
i masturbate furiously whenever i see marauders crushing protoss units
If you like brood war, please go play brood war and stop whining about SC2
Noxie
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2227 Posts
January 06 2011 12:47 GMT
#3775
I hate and am slightly afraid of dogs. Always have been.. been bitten pretty badly a few times. I guess small ones I dont care about.. but I still don't understand why people would even want one.
FetTerBender
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany1393 Posts
January 06 2011 13:03 GMT
#3776
On January 06 2011 21:47 Noxie wrote:
I hate and am slightly afraid of dogs. Always have been.. been bitten pretty badly a few times. I guess small ones I dont care about.. but I still don't understand why people would even want one.


Dogs can be great company when you rise them properly (not makeing them aggressive, human-biting beasts) and they are pretty intelligent. I just love our dog!

Uhh, my confession: I am happy most of the times because i plainly dont care about bad things that happen to me. I tend to simply make them fade away and once they are off my mind, its pretty hard to even recall them exactly. Its pretty much lying to myself, but its very comforting :-o
There's a fine line between bravery and stupidity.
Necosarius
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Sweden4042 Posts
January 06 2011 13:52 GMT
#3777
^Dude where is your quote from? I remember it was somewhere here on TL >_<

I just had a soda (come and slap me TL health and fitness).
MBH
Profile Joined January 2011
Ireland796 Posts
January 06 2011 16:21 GMT
#3778
I play Terran but I still have some self-respect left.
BritishBeef
Profile Joined November 2010
United Kingdom372 Posts
January 06 2011 18:51 GMT
#3779
On January 07 2011 01:21 MBH wrote:
I play Terran but I still have some self-respect left.



I know sometimes its not ok to question peoples confessions, but i have to ask you sir, how did you still cling onto the respect that would usaully wither and die before you once you played terran as your main?
ChrisXIV
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Austria3553 Posts
January 06 2011 20:39 GMT
#3780
I come across as an extremely uncanny person to people who don't know me.

I'm 20 and never had a GF, don't think I ever will.

I think life in general sucks - yes, there are happy moments, but overall it's just one huge shit-storm.
"Just stay on 1 base, make a lot of shit, keep attacking. It doesn't work? Keep attacking." -Chill
Prev 1 187 188 189 190 191 209 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
Harstem356
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Harstem 356
IndyStarCraft 159
Railgan 67
BRAT_OK 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 57669
Shuttle 3250
Horang2 461
BeSt 439
Larva 344
ggaemo 233
Soma 190
Mind 144
Last 91
Sexy 90
[ Show more ]
Dewaltoss 88
Zeus 83
hero 75
Sea.KH 54
Killer 49
Hyun 49
ToSsGirL 36
Aegong 33
Bale 28
PianO 24
NaDa 18
Rock 17
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5634
qojqva3268
Dendi1551
420jenkins366
Fuzer 133
Counter-Strike
fl0m3523
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1282
Liquid`Hasu1099
Grubby400
MindelVK18
Other Games
singsing1762
FrodaN1361
B2W.Neo993
byalli963
Beastyqt734
Mlord501
ArmadaUGS196
Hui .175
KnowMe131
QueenE88
Mew2King59
CosmosSc2 29
Chillindude24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick914
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream44
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 17
• Reevou 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 59
• niya90s1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 4168
League of Legends
• Nemesis3054
Other Games
• Shiphtur223
• WagamamaTV213
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 47m
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 47m
Replay Cast
6h 47m
Afreeca Starleague
17h 47m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
18h 47m
Monday Night Weeklies
23h 47m
Replay Cast
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 17h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 18h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.