• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:36
CEST 15:36
KST 22:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8634 users

POLL: Macro Booster Community Feedback - Page 3

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
FruitsPunchSamurai
Profile Joined August 2011
United Kingdom87 Posts
September 13 2015 20:26 GMT
#41
On September 14 2015 05:15 Ovid wrote:

Just as a general overview, this poll is of poor quality. You need to include manual macro mechanics but toned down, you also need to realize that people are not taking into account the impact of the 12 worker change, the game has been largely accelerated by that for very little time gain and toning down the macro mechanics repairs that effect. My ideal would be to pretty much get a bit closer back to Hots, toned down macro mechanics and 6 workers again.


Poll's fine as it is, toned down macro mechanics still comes under either manual or semi-automated. At the moment its probably more important to see if people want macro mechanics or not before deciding whether they should stay the same strength or be toned down.
Little-Chimp
Profile Joined February 2008
Canada951 Posts
September 13 2015 20:28 GMT
#42
On September 14 2015 05:15 Ovid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2015 04:53 Little-Chimp wrote:
On September 14 2015 03:35 Ovid wrote:
On September 14 2015 01:36 DeadByDawn wrote:
On September 14 2015 01:22 Little-Chimp wrote:
On September 13 2015 23:52 Ovid wrote:
On September 13 2015 23:40 Little-Chimp wrote:
Not only is no macro boosters more fun, but also helps balance the metagame away from mass cheap unit type stuff and slows the game down slightly to a favorable pace where worker deaths matter more.

Bye bye giant zergling balls winning or losing 90% of zvz, or Terran being played like zerg. And yes, Terran had an extremely difficult time at first with no mules, but this can be fixed with some balance changes. In fact, balance of the game in general would be easier with removal of such massively variable mechanics.

At this point the only "issue" is that zerg would be a little easier than the other two, which is either a non issue or an easily solvable one by just giving zerg something else to do that isnt inject.



Guessing you've never played at beyond gold league if you think "zergling balls" = 90% of ZvZ


calm down junior, it was obviously an exaggeration to make a point. Like it or not, the mass amounts of early game larva contribute to a lot of cheese/information based wins early game ZvZ.

maybe next time respond to more of the general message of what I'm saying instead of letting one sentence crawl up your ass.

He has a history of being a d*ck.

Agreed, as a T, that Terran sucked when they removed the macro boosters - but they could have addressed that in the next patch. Just remove the macro boosters and balance please.


If pointing out how ridiculous someones statement is by referencing their probable league is being a dick then sure, stating that 90% of ZvZ is zergling balls is just wrong on many levels.

On September 14 2015 02:06 WrathSCII wrote:
On September 14 2015 02:02 woopr wrote:
anyone who votes semi-auto macro should be banned


Or votes for full auto!


Fixed that for you.


On September 14 2015 02:22 ffadicted wrote:
Finally a fair poll lol


Umm no? Where's the option of manual macro mechanics but toned down?


calm down, this thread isn't about ZvZ specifically nor is about you spouting off retarded statements based on an exaggerated sentence you disagreed with. Go ahead and tell me that the mass amounts macro boosted larva don't contribute to a ton of ZvZs ending 5 minutes in due to early ling bane attacks.

Try to form an argument this time instead of (incorrectly) guessing my league and embarrassing yourself.


I'm completely calm, it's quite funny that you'd think I'm not you are valuing your retorts too highly.
They're all stoppable with good control, the only way it's not stoppable is if it's not scouted which is only going to happen on a 4 player map but that's due to the 12 worker change not the macro mechanics.

How have I embarrassed myself what a stupid statement to make. If you want to disprove my point you'd be saying your league, so since you've not specified I'm going to say you're not gold but platinum.

I'm not prepared to right out a long post addressing you as I feel it will be pointless, you have your opinion on the macro mechanics and I have mine and I think both out mindsets aren't going to budge.

Just as a general overview, this poll is of poor quality. You need to include manual macro mechanics but toned down, you also need to realize that people are not taking into account the impact of the 12 worker change, the game has been largely accelerated by that for very little time gain and toning down the macro mechanics repairs that effect. My ideal would be to pretty much get a bit closer back to Hots, toned down macro mechanics and 6 workers again.



Please show me where I wrote that mass ling early game was "unstoppable" lol. I clearly meant that it was very common. And it is, because bad players can beat better players sometimes by hiding lings out of plain site and snowballing whatever advantage they get with mass larva.

Still got the wrong league btw, not that it matters as it's just a way for you to write a lazy "my league>your league" argument instead of proper discussion
crazedrat
Profile Joined July 2015
272 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-09-13 20:53:50
September 13 2015 20:33 GMT
#43
The current patch is fully automated.
Now you see the tremendous difference in poll numbers when you include no macro mechanics. Almost no one supports automation in this poll.
I did like the no macro mechanics. I'd like Blizzard to explain why they changed it or whether they gave up on it in a community update.
Ovid
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
United Kingdom948 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-09-13 20:54:34
September 13 2015 20:49 GMT
#44
On September 14 2015 05:28 Little-Chimp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2015 05:15 Ovid wrote:
On September 14 2015 04:53 Little-Chimp wrote:
On September 14 2015 03:35 Ovid wrote:
On September 14 2015 01:36 DeadByDawn wrote:
On September 14 2015 01:22 Little-Chimp wrote:
On September 13 2015 23:52 Ovid wrote:
On September 13 2015 23:40 Little-Chimp wrote:
Not only is no macro boosters more fun, but also helps balance the metagame away from mass cheap unit type stuff and slows the game down slightly to a favorable pace where worker deaths matter more.

Bye bye giant zergling balls winning or losing 90% of zvz, or Terran being played like zerg. And yes, Terran had an extremely difficult time at first with no mules, but this can be fixed with some balance changes. In fact, balance of the game in general would be easier with removal of such massively variable mechanics.

At this point the only "issue" is that zerg would be a little easier than the other two, which is either a non issue or an easily solvable one by just giving zerg something else to do that isnt inject.



Guessing you've never played at beyond gold league if you think "zergling balls" = 90% of ZvZ


calm down junior, it was obviously an exaggeration to make a point. Like it or not, the mass amounts of early game larva contribute to a lot of cheese/information based wins early game ZvZ.

maybe next time respond to more of the general message of what I'm saying instead of letting one sentence crawl up your ass.

He has a history of being a d*ck.

Agreed, as a T, that Terran sucked when they removed the macro boosters - but they could have addressed that in the next patch. Just remove the macro boosters and balance please.


If pointing out how ridiculous someones statement is by referencing their probable league is being a dick then sure, stating that 90% of ZvZ is zergling balls is just wrong on many levels.

On September 14 2015 02:06 WrathSCII wrote:
On September 14 2015 02:02 woopr wrote:
anyone who votes semi-auto macro should be banned


Or votes for full auto!


Fixed that for you.


On September 14 2015 02:22 ffadicted wrote:
Finally a fair poll lol


Umm no? Where's the option of manual macro mechanics but toned down?


calm down, this thread isn't about ZvZ specifically nor is about you spouting off retarded statements based on an exaggerated sentence you disagreed with. Go ahead and tell me that the mass amounts macro boosted larva don't contribute to a ton of ZvZs ending 5 minutes in due to early ling bane attacks.

Try to form an argument this time instead of (incorrectly) guessing my league and embarrassing yourself.


I'm completely calm, it's quite funny that you'd think I'm not you are valuing your retorts too highly.
They're all stoppable with good control, the only way it's not stoppable is if it's not scouted which is only going to happen on a 4 player map but that's due to the 12 worker change not the macro mechanics.

How have I embarrassed myself what a stupid statement to make. If you want to disprove my point you'd be saying your league, so since you've not specified I'm going to say you're not gold but platinum.

I'm not prepared to right out a long post addressing you as I feel it will be pointless, you have your opinion on the macro mechanics and I have mine and I think both out mindsets aren't going to budge.

Just as a general overview, this poll is of poor quality. You need to include manual macro mechanics but toned down, you also need to realize that people are not taking into account the impact of the 12 worker change, the game has been largely accelerated by that for very little time gain and toning down the macro mechanics repairs that effect. My ideal would be to pretty much get a bit closer back to Hots, toned down macro mechanics and 6 workers again.



Please show me where I wrote that mass ling early game was "unstoppable" lol. I clearly meant that it was very common. And it is, because bad players can beat better players sometimes by hiding lings out of plain site and snowballing whatever advantage they get with mass larva.

Still got the wrong league btw, not that it matters as it's just a way for you to write a lazy "my league>your league" argument instead of proper discussion


The reason why I said about how it's stoppable is because that's what makes it very scarce on a higher level, it relies on many factors to be successful which makes it unreliable, the only catch being in order to defend it you require decent micro which is why it's popular lower down on ladder but not so common higher up.
I don't know why you wouldn't just say your league at this point unless you're worried it's going to prove my point.
I find very little point in discussing things with players lower than masters and ones that are playing currently hence why my most common question is about peoples league.

Just went on Nios.kr did LittleChimp you're 1 game this season gold league on america server?
I will make Yogg Saron priest work...
Little-Chimp
Profile Joined February 2008
Canada951 Posts
September 13 2015 20:56 GMT
#45
On September 14 2015 05:49 Ovid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2015 05:28 Little-Chimp wrote:
On September 14 2015 05:15 Ovid wrote:
On September 14 2015 04:53 Little-Chimp wrote:
On September 14 2015 03:35 Ovid wrote:
On September 14 2015 01:36 DeadByDawn wrote:
On September 14 2015 01:22 Little-Chimp wrote:
On September 13 2015 23:52 Ovid wrote:
On September 13 2015 23:40 Little-Chimp wrote:
Not only is no macro boosters more fun, but also helps balance the metagame away from mass cheap unit type stuff and slows the game down slightly to a favorable pace where worker deaths matter more.

Bye bye giant zergling balls winning or losing 90% of zvz, or Terran being played like zerg. And yes, Terran had an extremely difficult time at first with no mules, but this can be fixed with some balance changes. In fact, balance of the game in general would be easier with removal of such massively variable mechanics.

At this point the only "issue" is that zerg would be a little easier than the other two, which is either a non issue or an easily solvable one by just giving zerg something else to do that isnt inject.



Guessing you've never played at beyond gold league if you think "zergling balls" = 90% of ZvZ


calm down junior, it was obviously an exaggeration to make a point. Like it or not, the mass amounts of early game larva contribute to a lot of cheese/information based wins early game ZvZ.

maybe next time respond to more of the general message of what I'm saying instead of letting one sentence crawl up your ass.

He has a history of being a d*ck.

Agreed, as a T, that Terran sucked when they removed the macro boosters - but they could have addressed that in the next patch. Just remove the macro boosters and balance please.


If pointing out how ridiculous someones statement is by referencing their probable league is being a dick then sure, stating that 90% of ZvZ is zergling balls is just wrong on many levels.

On September 14 2015 02:06 WrathSCII wrote:
On September 14 2015 02:02 woopr wrote:
anyone who votes semi-auto macro should be banned


Or votes for full auto!


Fixed that for you.


On September 14 2015 02:22 ffadicted wrote:
Finally a fair poll lol


Umm no? Where's the option of manual macro mechanics but toned down?


calm down, this thread isn't about ZvZ specifically nor is about you spouting off retarded statements based on an exaggerated sentence you disagreed with. Go ahead and tell me that the mass amounts macro boosted larva don't contribute to a ton of ZvZs ending 5 minutes in due to early ling bane attacks.

Try to form an argument this time instead of (incorrectly) guessing my league and embarrassing yourself.


I'm completely calm, it's quite funny that you'd think I'm not you are valuing your retorts too highly.
They're all stoppable with good control, the only way it's not stoppable is if it's not scouted which is only going to happen on a 4 player map but that's due to the 12 worker change not the macro mechanics.

How have I embarrassed myself what a stupid statement to make. If you want to disprove my point you'd be saying your league, so since you've not specified I'm going to say you're not gold but platinum.

I'm not prepared to right out a long post addressing you as I feel it will be pointless, you have your opinion on the macro mechanics and I have mine and I think both out mindsets aren't going to budge.

Just as a general overview, this poll is of poor quality. You need to include manual macro mechanics but toned down, you also need to realize that people are not taking into account the impact of the 12 worker change, the game has been largely accelerated by that for very little time gain and toning down the macro mechanics repairs that effect. My ideal would be to pretty much get a bit closer back to Hots, toned down macro mechanics and 6 workers again.



Please show me where I wrote that mass ling early game was "unstoppable" lol. I clearly meant that it was very common. And it is, because bad players can beat better players sometimes by hiding lings out of plain site and snowballing whatever advantage they get with mass larva.

Still got the wrong league btw, not that it matters as it's just a way for you to write a lazy "my league>your league" argument instead of proper discussion


The reason why I said about how it's stoppable is because that's what makes it very scarce on a higher level, it relies on many factors to be successful which makes it unreliable, the only catch being in order to defend it you require decent micro which is why it's popular lower down on ladder but not so common higher up.
I don't know why you wouldn't just say your league at this point unless you're worried it's going to prove my point.
I find very little point in discussing things with players lower than masters and ones that are playing currently hence why my most common question is about peoples league.


I'm only a lowly diamond player (I do play currently) but I watch several GM level streams and you see tons of lingbane cheese recently, especially right now around the auto inject 3 larva patch. Are you GM? Are you better than those streamers?
Ovid
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
United Kingdom948 Posts
September 13 2015 21:15 GMT
#46
On September 14 2015 05:56 Little-Chimp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2015 05:49 Ovid wrote:
On September 14 2015 05:28 Little-Chimp wrote:
On September 14 2015 05:15 Ovid wrote:
On September 14 2015 04:53 Little-Chimp wrote:
On September 14 2015 03:35 Ovid wrote:
On September 14 2015 01:36 DeadByDawn wrote:
On September 14 2015 01:22 Little-Chimp wrote:
On September 13 2015 23:52 Ovid wrote:
On September 13 2015 23:40 Little-Chimp wrote:
Not only is no macro boosters more fun, but also helps balance the metagame away from mass cheap unit type stuff and slows the game down slightly to a favorable pace where worker deaths matter more.

Bye bye giant zergling balls winning or losing 90% of zvz, or Terran being played like zerg. And yes, Terran had an extremely difficult time at first with no mules, but this can be fixed with some balance changes. In fact, balance of the game in general would be easier with removal of such massively variable mechanics.

At this point the only "issue" is that zerg would be a little easier than the other two, which is either a non issue or an easily solvable one by just giving zerg something else to do that isnt inject.



Guessing you've never played at beyond gold league if you think "zergling balls" = 90% of ZvZ


calm down junior, it was obviously an exaggeration to make a point. Like it or not, the mass amounts of early game larva contribute to a lot of cheese/information based wins early game ZvZ.

maybe next time respond to more of the general message of what I'm saying instead of letting one sentence crawl up your ass.

He has a history of being a d*ck.

Agreed, as a T, that Terran sucked when they removed the macro boosters - but they could have addressed that in the next patch. Just remove the macro boosters and balance please.


If pointing out how ridiculous someones statement is by referencing their probable league is being a dick then sure, stating that 90% of ZvZ is zergling balls is just wrong on many levels.

On September 14 2015 02:06 WrathSCII wrote:
On September 14 2015 02:02 woopr wrote:
anyone who votes semi-auto macro should be banned


Or votes for full auto!


Fixed that for you.


On September 14 2015 02:22 ffadicted wrote:
Finally a fair poll lol


Umm no? Where's the option of manual macro mechanics but toned down?


calm down, this thread isn't about ZvZ specifically nor is about you spouting off retarded statements based on an exaggerated sentence you disagreed with. Go ahead and tell me that the mass amounts macro boosted larva don't contribute to a ton of ZvZs ending 5 minutes in due to early ling bane attacks.

Try to form an argument this time instead of (incorrectly) guessing my league and embarrassing yourself.


I'm completely calm, it's quite funny that you'd think I'm not you are valuing your retorts too highly.
They're all stoppable with good control, the only way it's not stoppable is if it's not scouted which is only going to happen on a 4 player map but that's due to the 12 worker change not the macro mechanics.

How have I embarrassed myself what a stupid statement to make. If you want to disprove my point you'd be saying your league, so since you've not specified I'm going to say you're not gold but platinum.

I'm not prepared to right out a long post addressing you as I feel it will be pointless, you have your opinion on the macro mechanics and I have mine and I think both out mindsets aren't going to budge.

Just as a general overview, this poll is of poor quality. You need to include manual macro mechanics but toned down, you also need to realize that people are not taking into account the impact of the 12 worker change, the game has been largely accelerated by that for very little time gain and toning down the macro mechanics repairs that effect. My ideal would be to pretty much get a bit closer back to Hots, toned down macro mechanics and 6 workers again.



Please show me where I wrote that mass ling early game was "unstoppable" lol. I clearly meant that it was very common. And it is, because bad players can beat better players sometimes by hiding lings out of plain site and snowballing whatever advantage they get with mass larva.

Still got the wrong league btw, not that it matters as it's just a way for you to write a lazy "my league>your league" argument instead of proper discussion


The reason why I said about how it's stoppable is because that's what makes it very scarce on a higher level, it relies on many factors to be successful which makes it unreliable, the only catch being in order to defend it you require decent micro which is why it's popular lower down on ladder but not so common higher up.
I don't know why you wouldn't just say your league at this point unless you're worried it's going to prove my point.
I find very little point in discussing things with players lower than masters and ones that are playing currently hence why my most common question is about peoples league.


I'm only a lowly diamond player (I do play currently) but I watch several GM level streams and you see tons of lingbane cheese recently, especially right now around the auto inject 3 larva patch. Are you GM? Are you better than those streamers?


Who are you watching? I'm unaware of any (Hots) GM level zerg players that stream legacy of the void regularly. If you're talking about Lotv GM then I can say I'm equal or better than the lower half of GM since they're mostly high masters players or lower.
When you were talking about 90% ling flood were you talking about Hots or pre-macro change Lotv?
I will make Yogg Saron priest work...
hitpoint
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1511 Posts
September 13 2015 22:39 GMT
#47
On September 14 2015 06:15 Ovid wrote:
Who are you watching? I'm unaware of any (Hots) GM level zerg players that stream legacy of the void regularly.


There's Fenner. He's the only one that I'm aware of.
It's spelled LOSE not LOOSE.
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
September 13 2015 22:44 GMT
#48
Option I would like is : macro mechanics like they were in HotS, but toned down. Automated injects, because they introduce no interesting choice.
Little-Chimp
Profile Joined February 2008
Canada951 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-09-13 22:55:28
September 13 2015 22:51 GMT
#49
On September 14 2015 06:15 Ovid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2015 05:56 Little-Chimp wrote:
On September 14 2015 05:49 Ovid wrote:
On September 14 2015 05:28 Little-Chimp wrote:
On September 14 2015 05:15 Ovid wrote:
On September 14 2015 04:53 Little-Chimp wrote:
On September 14 2015 03:35 Ovid wrote:
On September 14 2015 01:36 DeadByDawn wrote:
On September 14 2015 01:22 Little-Chimp wrote:
On September 13 2015 23:52 Ovid wrote:
[quote]

Guessing you've never played at beyond gold league if you think "zergling balls" = 90% of ZvZ


calm down junior, it was obviously an exaggeration to make a point. Like it or not, the mass amounts of early game larva contribute to a lot of cheese/information based wins early game ZvZ.

maybe next time respond to more of the general message of what I'm saying instead of letting one sentence crawl up your ass.

He has a history of being a d*ck.

Agreed, as a T, that Terran sucked when they removed the macro boosters - but they could have addressed that in the next patch. Just remove the macro boosters and balance please.


If pointing out how ridiculous someones statement is by referencing their probable league is being a dick then sure, stating that 90% of ZvZ is zergling balls is just wrong on many levels.

On September 14 2015 02:06 WrathSCII wrote:
On September 14 2015 02:02 woopr wrote:
anyone who votes semi-auto macro should be banned


Or votes for full auto!


Fixed that for you.


On September 14 2015 02:22 ffadicted wrote:
Finally a fair poll lol


Umm no? Where's the option of manual macro mechanics but toned down?


calm down, this thread isn't about ZvZ specifically nor is about you spouting off retarded statements based on an exaggerated sentence you disagreed with. Go ahead and tell me that the mass amounts macro boosted larva don't contribute to a ton of ZvZs ending 5 minutes in due to early ling bane attacks.

Try to form an argument this time instead of (incorrectly) guessing my league and embarrassing yourself.


I'm completely calm, it's quite funny that you'd think I'm not you are valuing your retorts too highly.
They're all stoppable with good control, the only way it's not stoppable is if it's not scouted which is only going to happen on a 4 player map but that's due to the 12 worker change not the macro mechanics.

How have I embarrassed myself what a stupid statement to make. If you want to disprove my point you'd be saying your league, so since you've not specified I'm going to say you're not gold but platinum.

I'm not prepared to right out a long post addressing you as I feel it will be pointless, you have your opinion on the macro mechanics and I have mine and I think both out mindsets aren't going to budge.

Just as a general overview, this poll is of poor quality. You need to include manual macro mechanics but toned down, you also need to realize that people are not taking into account the impact of the 12 worker change, the game has been largely accelerated by that for very little time gain and toning down the macro mechanics repairs that effect. My ideal would be to pretty much get a bit closer back to Hots, toned down macro mechanics and 6 workers again.



Please show me where I wrote that mass ling early game was "unstoppable" lol. I clearly meant that it was very common. And it is, because bad players can beat better players sometimes by hiding lings out of plain site and snowballing whatever advantage they get with mass larva.

Still got the wrong league btw, not that it matters as it's just a way for you to write a lazy "my league>your league" argument instead of proper discussion


The reason why I said about how it's stoppable is because that's what makes it very scarce on a higher level, it relies on many factors to be successful which makes it unreliable, the only catch being in order to defend it you require decent micro which is why it's popular lower down on ladder but not so common higher up.
I don't know why you wouldn't just say your league at this point unless you're worried it's going to prove my point.
I find very little point in discussing things with players lower than masters and ones that are playing currently hence why my most common question is about peoples league.


I'm only a lowly diamond player (I do play currently) but I watch several GM level streams and you see tons of lingbane cheese recently, especially right now around the auto inject 3 larva patch. Are you GM? Are you better than those streamers?


Who are you watching? I'm unaware of any (Hots) GM level zerg players that stream legacy of the void regularly. If you're talking about Lotv GM then I can say I'm equal or better than the lower half of GM since they're mostly high masters players or lower.
When you were talking about 90% ling flood were you talking about Hots or pre-macro change Lotv?


Mainly vibe, but also fenner as mentioned above. I'm not really following HOTS right now so perhaps under those macro mechanics ZvZ is completely under control, although last time I played it seemed to be pretty common. Mainly under 3 larva autoinject does it seem to be worse now than ever.

As someone just mentioned, toned down macro mechanics would also be a great solution. I just think they have too big of a factor on the game, they make the game too forgiving in some cases (saccing SCVs, emergency phoenix), or can be extremely punishing if one forgets to inject earlier in the game.
usopsama
Profile Joined April 2008
6502 Posts
September 13 2015 22:54 GMT
#50
If this poll doesn't change Blizzard's mind, I don't know what will.
AgamemnonSC2
Profile Joined October 2012
Canada254 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-09-13 23:57:07
September 13 2015 23:52 GMT
#51
On September 14 2015 02:31 WrathSCII wrote:
Guys please, SHARE THIS EVERYWHERE!!!

I and the OP shared this on Reddit and Bnet forums (But reddit as usual did not upvote it to get seen at all). So please help us trying to get this everywhere so we can give *censored* blizzard what we really need so we leave them no excuse to hide behind.

HELP US!


I personally appreciate your passion, and I hope we can get as many people to participate in this poll as well.

Spread the word guys! :D

EDIT: Sorry for censoring you, just trying to keep things positive. Thanks again for participating.
Co-Founder of SC2 Mistakes
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
September 14 2015 00:52 GMT
#52
On September 14 2015 07:54 usopsama wrote:
If this poll doesn't change Blizzard's mind, I don't know what will.

The release date is right around the corner, which is probably the reason they suddenly pulled a 180 with macro mechanics in the first place. They're on the track to release, despite current standing problems they should be working on.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
jwilliams080
Profile Joined September 2015
1 Post
September 14 2015 02:49 GMT
#53
Get rid of macro mechanics or AT LEAST have them manually operated like WOL and HOTS but with only like a 5% or 10% boost instead of the current 50% or whatever large game changing percentage that makes it the number 1 priority if you want to be competitive at the game.
GattAttack
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Canada202 Posts
September 14 2015 03:10 GMT
#54
Whether or not macro mechanics stay in the long run I'm still undecided about. What I do want them to do is to remove them and try to balance the game, then we could properly see what SC2 looks like without them.

Isn't that what the beta should be for?
Roblin
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden948 Posts
September 14 2015 03:35 GMT
#55
looks like its fairly stable at
10% wants current
30% wants hots
60% wants no MMs

in terms of numbers [no MMs] outnumber [hots] by a 2:1 ratio

I think 2/3rds majority is enough to vote to change real-life laws, I think the community sentiment is clear.
but we will see what blizz ends up doing.
I'm better today than I was yesterday!
Parcelleus
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia1662 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-09-14 03:52:07
September 14 2015 03:50 GMT
#56
Poll is representing who exactly ?

Top Korean pros ? I dont think so.

*burp*
coolman123123
Profile Joined August 2013
146 Posts
September 14 2015 04:20 GMT
#57
On September 14 2015 12:50 Parcelleus wrote:
Poll is representing who exactly ?

Top Korean pros ? I dont think so.



Who cares? The vast majority of players are not top Korean pros.
Wrath
Profile Blog Joined July 2014
3175 Posts
September 14 2015 04:24 GMT
#58
On September 14 2015 12:50 Parcelleus wrote:
Poll is representing who exactly ?

Top Korean pros ? I dont think so.



We are trying to spread this to everyone so we can have the biggest possible sample and present it to Blizzard. Will Blizzard care? I doubt, but at least we can say we did try and it is Blizzard's fault if they refused to listen.

They said they are 50-50 internally. Here so far it does not seem 50-50 at all. Lets try to get this as spread as possible for now.
skern49
Profile Joined January 2014
28 Posts
September 14 2015 04:51 GMT
#59
you should really reorder the vote list so it lines up with the bigger list
shin_toss
Profile Joined May 2010
Philippines2589 Posts
September 14 2015 05:44 GMT
#60
if removing Macro boosters slows down Zerg remax. then im down :D
AKMU / IU
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 1108
WardiTV854
OGKoka 310
Rex162
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 310
Rex 162
ProTech135
Codebar 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2857
Shuttle 1603
Horang2 1461
Jaedong 820
BeSt 732
EffOrt 633
Light 284
Rush 255
Stork 249
ZerO 247
[ Show more ]
firebathero 241
ggaemo 186
Zeus 88
Mini 83
Barracks 77
Shine 74
Killer 70
Hyun 56
Yoon 35
Shinee 35
ToSsGirL 34
Sexy 24
Mong 23
sorry 23
Bale 23
PianO 22
Aegong 20
soO 16
ajuk12(nOOB) 16
Terrorterran 15
Noble 12
Sacsri 11
zelot 9
HiyA 8
Icarus 7
yabsab 6
Dota 2
qojqva3059
Dendi1869
BananaSlamJamma278
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
x6flipin526
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes408
Other Games
singsing2289
olofmeister1841
hiko843
B2W.Neo799
Lowko349
Sick226
Pyrionflax213
Liquid`VortiX159
ArmadaUGS91
Mew2King34
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream537
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 10
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH298
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2167
• Nemesis859
Other Games
• WagamamaTV264
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
2h 25m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 25m
Afreeca Starleague
20h 25m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 10h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 21h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.