• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:23
CEST 11:23
KST 18:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8312 users

US Politics Mega-thread - Page 655

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 653 654 655 656 657 10093 Next
Read the rules in the OP before posting, please.

In order to ensure that this thread continues to meet TL standards and follows the proper guidelines, we will be enforcing the rules in the OP more strictly. Be sure to give them a re-read to refresh your memory! The vast majority of you are contributing in a healthy way, keep it up!

NOTE: When providing a source, explain why you feel it is relevant and what purpose it adds to the discussion if it's not obvious.
Also take note that unsubstantiated tweets/posts meant only to rekindle old arguments can result in a mod action.
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
November 24 2013 06:59 GMT
#13081
the democrats have shown substantially more concern with the governance of the nation than republicans (at the federal level); sadly they've also shown a lot more incompetence and ineffectiveness.
Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
Introvert
Profile Joined April 2011
United States5029 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-24 07:02:52
November 24 2013 07:02 GMT
#13082
On November 24 2013 15:59 zlefin wrote:
the democrats have shown substantially more concern with the governance of the nation than republicans (at the federal level); sadly they've also shown a lot more incompetence and ineffectiveness.


Not on the issue we are talking about! They blocked more of Bush's stuff than the Repubs have for Obama so far! Point is, the rules work the majority of the time, it's just that the dems, who really are "ends justify the means" type of people, have grown impatient.

And if I may speculate a little more: they are scared for 2014. Better get the judges in now, before we lose even more seats!

Edit: but this is off topic.
"But, as the conservative understands it, modification of the rules should always reflect, and never impose, a change in the activities and beliefs of those who are subject to them, and should never on any occasion be so great as to destroy the ensemble."
Adreme
Profile Joined June 2011
United States5574 Posts
November 24 2013 07:03 GMT
#13083
On November 24 2013 15:57 Introvert wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2013 15:53 zlefin wrote:
Yes, it is a pity that the republicans have chosen to refuse to work with the other side. I agree with you on that.


It's a shame the democrats broke, for all their whining in the last administration. if you actually think the democrats are concerned with the effective governing of the nation...well their past actions don't speak to that.

But their blockages were within their rights in the senate. The difference is the Republicans didn't change the rules, they accepted the rules.


The republicans were going to change the rules if democrats had not backed down on there opposition at the time whereas republicans did not so the same thing did not happen.
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
November 24 2013 07:04 GMT
#13084
the public education system should really teach people about deontology vs consequentialism vs virtue ethics.

I'm talking about in general, not on just this issue.
Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
Introvert
Profile Joined April 2011
United States5029 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-24 07:07:37
November 24 2013 07:05 GMT
#13085
On November 24 2013 16:03 Adreme wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2013 15:57 Introvert wrote:
On November 24 2013 15:53 zlefin wrote:
Yes, it is a pity that the republicans have chosen to refuse to work with the other side. I agree with you on that.


It's a shame the democrats broke, for all their whining in the last administration. if you actually think the democrats are concerned with the effective governing of the nation...well their past actions don't speak to that.

But their blockages were within their rights in the senate. The difference is the Republicans didn't change the rules, they accepted the rules.


The republicans were going to change the rules if democrats had not backed down on there opposition at the time whereas republicans did not so the same thing did not happen.


They came to a strange agreement. I don't recall seeing Harry Reid try and come to any agreement.

I don't want to play party politics, I am opposed to changing the filibuster, no matter the party. My point (while we are on this little rabbit trail) is that the dems are just really big hypocrites.

Edit: I don't support the Filibuster "cause it's the rules" so I'm not sure what your particular comment about ethics has to do with this.

It's not a "moral" issue to affirm certain judges.
"But, as the conservative understands it, modification of the rules should always reflect, and never impose, a change in the activities and beliefs of those who are subject to them, and should never on any occasion be so great as to destroy the ensemble."
Adreme
Profile Joined June 2011
United States5574 Posts
November 24 2013 07:08 GMT
#13086
On November 24 2013 16:02 Introvert wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2013 15:59 zlefin wrote:
the democrats have shown substantially more concern with the governance of the nation than republicans (at the federal level); sadly they've also shown a lot more incompetence and ineffectiveness.


Not on the issue we are talking about! They blocked more of Bush's stuff than the Repubs have for Obama so far! Point is, the rules work the majority of the time, it's just that the dems, who really are "ends justify the means" type of people, have grown impatient.

And if I may speculate a little more: they are scared for 2014. Better get the judges in now, before we lose even more seats!

Edit: but this is off topic.


I find that number a little odd considering I looked up the total nominations for Bush and Obama to the court and considering Obama has only been in office 5 years the numbers are fairly close. Also when you add in that over half of nominees who have ever been filibustered were nominated by Obama then you wind up with a difficult to believe scenario. I do of course believe that a big chunk of the remaining 40 odd % of filibustered nominees were under Bush but I could not find the exact number anywhere.
Introvert
Profile Joined April 2011
United States5029 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-24 07:13:27
November 24 2013 07:13 GMT
#13087
On November 24 2013 16:08 Adreme wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2013 16:02 Introvert wrote:
On November 24 2013 15:59 zlefin wrote:
the democrats have shown substantially more concern with the governance of the nation than republicans (at the federal level); sadly they've also shown a lot more incompetence and ineffectiveness.


Not on the issue we are talking about! They blocked more of Bush's stuff than the Repubs have for Obama so far! Point is, the rules work the majority of the time, it's just that the dems, who really are "ends justify the means" type of people, have grown impatient.

And if I may speculate a little more: they are scared for 2014. Better get the judges in now, before we lose even more seats!

Edit: but this is off topic.


I find that number a little odd considering I looked up the total nominations for Bush and Obama to the court and considering Obama has only been in office 5 years the numbers are fairly close. Also when you add in that over half of nominees who have ever been filibustered were nominated by Obama then you wind up with a difficult to believe scenario. I do of course believe that a big chunk of the remaining 40 odd % of filibustered nominees were under Bush but I could not find the exact number anywhere.


Your comment is unclear. nominations are not appointments, or even filibusters. Then you talk about filibusters... so what numbers are fairly close?

btw, when I said confirmations, I was referring to all positions, not just those on the bench. I believe the numbers overall are like 192 approved for Bush and 220 for Obama, or something like that.

Also, it should be added that Bush generally made candidates more moderate when they failed. Obama's done that a few times, but some of these judges are just sitting around waiting. Just like Harriet was.
"But, as the conservative understands it, modification of the rules should always reflect, and never impose, a change in the activities and beliefs of those who are subject to them, and should never on any occasion be so great as to destroy the ensemble."
itsjustatank
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Hong Kong9179 Posts
November 24 2013 07:13 GMT
#13088
On November 24 2013 16:05 Introvert wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2013 16:03 Adreme wrote:
On November 24 2013 15:57 Introvert wrote:
On November 24 2013 15:53 zlefin wrote:
Yes, it is a pity that the republicans have chosen to refuse to work with the other side. I agree with you on that.


It's a shame the democrats broke, for all their whining in the last administration. if you actually think the democrats are concerned with the effective governing of the nation...well their past actions don't speak to that.

But their blockages were within their rights in the senate. The difference is the Republicans didn't change the rules, they accepted the rules.


The republicans were going to change the rules if democrats had not backed down on there opposition at the time whereas republicans did not so the same thing did not happen.


I don't want to play party politics, I am opposed to changing the filibuster, no matter the party. My point (while we are on this little rabbit trail) is that the dems are just really big hypocrites.


these two things are mutually exclusive
Photographer"nosotros estamos backamos" - setsuko
Adreme
Profile Joined June 2011
United States5574 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-24 07:15:54
November 24 2013 07:14 GMT
#13089
On November 24 2013 16:05 Introvert wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2013 16:03 Adreme wrote:
On November 24 2013 15:57 Introvert wrote:
On November 24 2013 15:53 zlefin wrote:
Yes, it is a pity that the republicans have chosen to refuse to work with the other side. I agree with you on that.


It's a shame the democrats broke, for all their whining in the last administration. if you actually think the democrats are concerned with the effective governing of the nation...well their past actions don't speak to that.

But their blockages were within their rights in the senate. The difference is the Republicans didn't change the rules, they accepted the rules.


The republicans were going to change the rules if democrats had not backed down on there opposition at the time whereas republicans did not so the same thing did not happen.


They came to a strange agreement. I don't recall seeing Harry Reid try and come to any agreement.

I don't want to play party politics, I am opposed to changing the filibuster, no matter the party. My point (while we are on this little rabbit trail) is that the dems are just really big hypocrites.

Edit: I don't support the Filibuster "cause it's the rules" so I'm not sure what your particular comment about ethics has to do with this.

It's not a "moral" issue to affirm certain judges.


I think I remember there being some sort of tepid agreement to prevent the nuclear option I believe earlier this year but I would have to assume republicans were not living up to the agreement otherwise I do not know why it would have fallen thru.

The filibusters transformation over past 50 years from a rarely used rule to the standard sort of forced a need to change how it works if the Senate is ever to accomplish anything.

Edit: Its also weird how you didn't want to play party politics but ignored republican hypocrisy to focus on the democratic hypocrisy
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
November 24 2013 07:14 GMT
#13090
I was referring to your comments about dems being ends justify the means types; hence consequentialism.
Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
Introvert
Profile Joined April 2011
United States5029 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-24 07:20:48
November 24 2013 07:19 GMT
#13091
On November 24 2013 16:13 itsjustatank wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2013 16:05 Introvert wrote:
On November 24 2013 16:03 Adreme wrote:
On November 24 2013 15:57 Introvert wrote:
On November 24 2013 15:53 zlefin wrote:
Yes, it is a pity that the republicans have chosen to refuse to work with the other side. I agree with you on that.


It's a shame the democrats broke, for all their whining in the last administration. if you actually think the democrats are concerned with the effective governing of the nation...well their past actions don't speak to that.

But their blockages were within their rights in the senate. The difference is the Republicans didn't change the rules, they accepted the rules.


The republicans were going to change the rules if democrats had not backed down on there opposition at the time whereas republicans did not so the same thing did not happen.


I don't want to play party politics, I am opposed to changing the filibuster, no matter the party. My point (while we are on this little rabbit trail) is that the dems are just really big hypocrites.


these two things are mutually exclusive


I said I didn't want to get into it, but since we were there....


I think I remember there being some sort of tepid agreement to prevent the nuclear option I believe earlier this year but I would have to assume republicans were not living up to the agreement otherwise I do not know why it would have fallen thru.

The filibusters transformation over past 50 years from a rarely used rule to the standard sort of forced a need to change how it works if the Senate is ever to accomplish anything.

Edit: Its also weird how you didn't want to play party politics but ignored republican hypocrisy to focus on the democratic hypocrisy


The agreement earlier this year was "pass this or we go nuclear." My memory is foggy though. Obviously there is hypocrisy on both sides, but right now it's the democrats who have actually taken action. That's much more than just whiny words from a senator.

I was referring to your comments about dems being ends justify the means types; hence consequentialism.


This very much seems to be the mode of operation for politicians.

Edit: my point is the filibuster is a legitimate and needed part of the Senate. I don't really care who blocks who. You don't change the rules when you don't like the situation. So, if we are done debating the actual filibuster, then I am going to go do something else.
"But, as the conservative understands it, modification of the rules should always reflect, and never impose, a change in the activities and beliefs of those who are subject to them, and should never on any occasion be so great as to destroy the ensemble."
Adreme
Profile Joined June 2011
United States5574 Posts
November 24 2013 07:20 GMT
#13092
On November 24 2013 16:13 Introvert wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2013 16:08 Adreme wrote:
On November 24 2013 16:02 Introvert wrote:
On November 24 2013 15:59 zlefin wrote:
the democrats have shown substantially more concern with the governance of the nation than republicans (at the federal level); sadly they've also shown a lot more incompetence and ineffectiveness.


Not on the issue we are talking about! They blocked more of Bush's stuff than the Repubs have for Obama so far! Point is, the rules work the majority of the time, it's just that the dems, who really are "ends justify the means" type of people, have grown impatient.

And if I may speculate a little more: they are scared for 2014. Better get the judges in now, before we lose even more seats!

Edit: but this is off topic.


I find that number a little odd considering I looked up the total nominations for Bush and Obama to the court and considering Obama has only been in office 5 years the numbers are fairly close. Also when you add in that over half of nominees who have ever been filibustered were nominated by Obama then you wind up with a difficult to believe scenario. I do of course believe that a big chunk of the remaining 40 odd % of filibustered nominees were under Bush but I could not find the exact number anywhere.


Your comment is unclear. nominations are not appointments, or even filibusters. Then you talk about filibusters... so what numbers are fairly close?

btw, when I said confirmations, I was referring to all positions, not just those on the bench. I believe the numbers overall are like 192 approved for Bush and 220 for Obama, or something like that.

Also, it should be added that Bush generally made candidates more moderate when they failed. Obama's done that a few times, but some of these judges are just sitting around waiting. Just like Harriet was.


I cant really judge non judicial appointments since doing so would be sort of silly since I assume Bush had more people approved then Clinton because he added an entire department in his first year.

As for judicial appointments though I am saying that in the history of the US 147 judicial appointments have been filibustered. Of those 147 79 were appointed by Obama and 68 by every other president.
Introvert
Profile Joined April 2011
United States5029 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-24 07:24:20
November 24 2013 07:23 GMT
#13093
On November 24 2013 16:20 Adreme wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2013 16:13 Introvert wrote:
On November 24 2013 16:08 Adreme wrote:
On November 24 2013 16:02 Introvert wrote:
On November 24 2013 15:59 zlefin wrote:
the democrats have shown substantially more concern with the governance of the nation than republicans (at the federal level); sadly they've also shown a lot more incompetence and ineffectiveness.


Not on the issue we are talking about! They blocked more of Bush's stuff than the Repubs have for Obama so far! Point is, the rules work the majority of the time, it's just that the dems, who really are "ends justify the means" type of people, have grown impatient.

And if I may speculate a little more: they are scared for 2014. Better get the judges in now, before we lose even more seats!

Edit: but this is off topic.


I find that number a little odd considering I looked up the total nominations for Bush and Obama to the court and considering Obama has only been in office 5 years the numbers are fairly close. Also when you add in that over half of nominees who have ever been filibustered were nominated by Obama then you wind up with a difficult to believe scenario. I do of course believe that a big chunk of the remaining 40 odd % of filibustered nominees were under Bush but I could not find the exact number anywhere.


Your comment is unclear. nominations are not appointments, or even filibusters. Then you talk about filibusters... so what numbers are fairly close?

btw, when I said confirmations, I was referring to all positions, not just those on the bench. I believe the numbers overall are like 192 approved for Bush and 220 for Obama, or something like that.

Also, it should be added that Bush generally made candidates more moderate when they failed. Obama's done that a few times, but some of these judges are just sitting around waiting. Just like Harriet was.


I cant really judge non judicial appointments since doing so would be sort of silly since I assume Bush had more people approved then Clinton because he added an entire department in his first year.

As for judicial appointments though I am saying that in the history of the US 147 judicial appointments have been filibustered. Of those 147 79 were appointed by Obama and 68 by every other president.


That may very well be true (cite?). Like I said, I was talking about other appointments. I don't particularly care who did what when. I was angry when they blocked Bush, but I wasn't advocating for a rule change.

I'm not in this for "Dems bad, Republicans good!" I'm supporting the rule itself. The democrats changed the rules, thus I attack them for it.
"But, as the conservative understands it, modification of the rules should always reflect, and never impose, a change in the activities and beliefs of those who are subject to them, and should never on any occasion be so great as to destroy the ensemble."
heliusx
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States2306 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-24 07:27:01
November 24 2013 07:24 GMT
#13094
[image loading]
[image loading]
http://judicialnominations.org/statistics
dude bro.
Adreme
Profile Joined June 2011
United States5574 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-24 07:32:10
November 24 2013 07:28 GMT
#13095
On November 24 2013 16:23 Introvert wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2013 16:20 Adreme wrote:
On November 24 2013 16:13 Introvert wrote:
On November 24 2013 16:08 Adreme wrote:
On November 24 2013 16:02 Introvert wrote:
On November 24 2013 15:59 zlefin wrote:
the democrats have shown substantially more concern with the governance of the nation than republicans (at the federal level); sadly they've also shown a lot more incompetence and ineffectiveness.


Not on the issue we are talking about! They blocked more of Bush's stuff than the Repubs have for Obama so far! Point is, the rules work the majority of the time, it's just that the dems, who really are "ends justify the means" type of people, have grown impatient.

And if I may speculate a little more: they are scared for 2014. Better get the judges in now, before we lose even more seats!

Edit: but this is off topic.


I find that number a little odd considering I looked up the total nominations for Bush and Obama to the court and considering Obama has only been in office 5 years the numbers are fairly close. Also when you add in that over half of nominees who have ever been filibustered were nominated by Obama then you wind up with a difficult to believe scenario. I do of course believe that a big chunk of the remaining 40 odd % of filibustered nominees were under Bush but I could not find the exact number anywhere.


Your comment is unclear. nominations are not appointments, or even filibusters. Then you talk about filibusters... so what numbers are fairly close?

btw, when I said confirmations, I was referring to all positions, not just those on the bench. I believe the numbers overall are like 192 approved for Bush and 220 for Obama, or something like that.

Also, it should be added that Bush generally made candidates more moderate when they failed. Obama's done that a few times, but some of these judges are just sitting around waiting. Just like Harriet was.


I cant really judge non judicial appointments since doing so would be sort of silly since I assume Bush had more people approved then Clinton because he added an entire department in his first year.

As for judicial appointments though I am saying that in the history of the US 147 judicial appointments have been filibustered. Of those 147 79 were appointed by Obama and 68 by every other president.


That may very well be true (cite?). Like I said, I was talking about other appointments. I don't particularly care who did what when. I was angry when they blocked Bush, but I wasn't advocating for a rule change.

I'm not in this for "Dems bad, Republican's good!" I'm supporting the rule itself.


I believe the amounted of positions that require congressional approval has gone up over the years (even if total federal jobs have decreased under Obama)

As for the total nomination numbers Bush appointed 2 supreme court justice, 62 US court of appeals justices and 261 federal judges to the US district court.

Obama has appointed 2 supreme court justices 39 US court of appeals justices and 168 US district court justices with 53 nominations not yet confirmed.

As for openings there are apparently 18 vacancies on the US court of appeals and 75 on US district courts.

Edit: I used the wrong word it is fixed now.
Adreme
Profile Joined June 2011
United States5574 Posts
November 24 2013 07:33 GMT
#13096
helius I like your data better charts make things easier.
Mysticesper
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1183 Posts
November 24 2013 07:34 GMT
#13097
[image loading]
http://www.americanbar.org/content/dam/aba/uncategorized/GAO/judicialsnapshot.authcheckdam.pdf

Here's something else I found that broke it up per congress term.
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
November 24 2013 07:48 GMT
#13098
the filibuster as originally intended has some value, though it was never truly necessary. The filibuster as it has been abused recently is a travesty. A change of some sort was necessary; when the rules themselves are bad, they should be changed.
Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
Danglars
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States12133 Posts
November 24 2013 08:55 GMT
#13099
On November 24 2013 15:42 Sub40APM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2013 14:13 Danglars wrote:
How conveniently we forget all the wars from the arab world after 1948 designed to exterminate the new Israeli state. Israel is just as bad as the lot of them ... umm... hold the phone.
.

I know you live in an alternative reality but of the wars fought between Israel and the Arab states:
1948 was an invasion of Israel by the Arab states
1956 was an invasion of Egypt by Israel and UK-France
1967 was an Israeli invasion of Egypt and later Jordan and Syria
1973 was a Egyptian-Syrian invasion of Israel
1978 was an Israeli invasion of Lebanon
1982 was an Israeli invasion of Lebanon

War of Independence (1948). Attack by the Arab states on Israel.
Suez Crisis (1956) started with Egypt nationalizing the Suez Canal, calling it an invasion by Israel neglects everything that made it unique in Nasser's governing of Egypt and indeed leadership of the nationalization movement.
Six Day War (1967) followed an Egyptian naval blockade and military buildup in the suez zone. Provoke a war and sometimes you get a war.

September 1967: The Arab states formulate the Three No's policy. No peace with Israel, no recognition of Israel, no negotiations with it. The Khartoum Resolution made it very clear what the goals of the Arab world were.

Yom Kippur War (1973) another Arab invasion. Very cute to put it on an Israeli holiday.
Lebanon Conflict (1978) followup to the Coastal Road massacre, as Time would call it the worst terrorist attack in Israel's history.
Lebanon War aka First Lebanon War (1982) pretty much right on.
Second Labanon War (2006) was preceded by Hezbollah heavy rocket attacks and fueled by Iranian military support.

It is a fabrication by intellectuals that Israel is some bully in the region. They have the unmistakable right to defend themselves against enemies perfectly content to lob rockets and engage in sabotage and terrorist attacks in "peacetime." Attainment of political objectives, particularly involving land, through outright war and terrorism reaps the kind of responses they merited. They must protect their own citizens if they even hope to represent their interests in government.
Great armies come from happy zealots, and happy zealots come from California!
TL+ Member
WhiteDog
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France8650 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-24 12:00:31
November 24 2013 10:22 GMT
#13100
On November 24 2013 17:55 Danglars wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2013 15:42 Sub40APM wrote:
On November 24 2013 14:13 Danglars wrote:
How conveniently we forget all the wars from the arab world after 1948 designed to exterminate the new Israeli state. Israel is just as bad as the lot of them ... umm... hold the phone.
.

I know you live in an alternative reality but of the wars fought between Israel and the Arab states:
1948 was an invasion of Israel by the Arab states
1956 was an invasion of Egypt by Israel and UK-France
1967 was an Israeli invasion of Egypt and later Jordan and Syria
1973 was a Egyptian-Syrian invasion of Israel
1978 was an Israeli invasion of Lebanon
1982 was an Israeli invasion of Lebanon

War of Independence (1948). Attack by the Arab states on Israel.
Suez Crisis (1956) started with Egypt nationalizing the Suez Canal, calling it an invasion by Israel neglects everything that made it unique in Nasser's governing of Egypt and indeed leadership of the nationalization movement.
Six Day War (1967) followed an Egyptian naval blockade and military buildup in the suez zone. Provoke a war and sometimes you get a war.

September 1967: The Arab states formulate the Three No's policy. No peace with Israel, no recognition of Israel, no negotiations with it. The Khartoum Resolution made it very clear what the goals of the Arab world were.

Yom Kippur War (1973) another Arab invasion. Very cute to put it on an Israeli holiday.
Lebanon Conflict (1978) followup to the Coastal Road massacre, as Time would call it the worst terrorist attack in Israel's history.
Lebanon War aka First Lebanon War (1982) pretty much right on.
Second Labanon War (2006) was preceded by Hezbollah heavy rocket attacks and fueled by Iranian military support.

It is a fabrication by intellectuals that Israel is some bully in the region. They have the unmistakable right to defend themselves against enemies perfectly content to lob rockets and engage in sabotage and terrorist attacks in "peacetime." Attainment of political objectives, particularly involving land, through outright war and terrorism reaps the kind of responses they merited. They must protect their own citizens if they even hope to represent their interests in government.

It is a fabrication by people like you that Israel is being bullied by all Arabs countries. If you look at the history of each conflict, the Israelis have their own share of guilt (for exemple, look at all the event that lead to the invasion of Israel by the Arab countries back in 1948, with the massacre and the enormous exile of palestinians that almost forced neighbour countries to intervene).
Plus it was Israel at his creation that crushed all its neighbour, with the help of developped countries. Today, this country is undoubtedly the super power of the region : not the little village who need to "defend" itself from its barbaric neighbour.

Whatever, people like you always refute the facts they want just to reassure themselves in their twisted view of reality. At least be fair and present yourself as a believer head on and not some kind of enlightened historian, we would know what to expect.
"every time WhiteDog overuses the word "seriously" in a comment I can make an observation on his fragile emotional state." MoltkeWarding
Prev 1 653 654 655 656 657 10093 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 37m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech0
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 404
Horang2 277
Larva 232
EffOrt 161
Mind 77
Hyun 61
scan(afreeca) 43
Killer 40
Bale 39
NotJumperer 39
[ Show more ]
Sharp 27
sorry 25
ggaemo 24
Shinee 18
Hm[arnc] 12
Sacsri 5
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto101
League of Legends
JimRising 422
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1157
edward80
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King105
Other Games
summit1g7875
Coldzera 687
ceh9655
Happy295
crisheroes195
Sick187
dupreeh65
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick567
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2279
League of Legends
• Jankos1115
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
37m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1h 37m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
14h 37m
Patches Events
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.