• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:27
CEST 21:27
KST 04:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9274 users

Heart of the Swarm beta coming soon! - Page 102

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 100 101 102 103 104 144 Next
Do not use this thread to beg users for beta access or trade access with others. Thanks.
MavercK
Profile Joined March 2010
Australia2181 Posts
September 04 2012 11:27 GMT
#2021
On September 04 2012 20:25 wcr.4fun wrote:
I think abduct shouldn't work versus all massive units but at least versus ultra's, possibly collussi (might be too strong). But not versus mothership, thor(?), etc.

And who would ever want to use consume? Why'd I want to damage my own buildings? It's going to depend heavily on how much energy you get per health you consume. Because I can't imagine which building I'd want to damage. Consuming units, like zerglings would have been incredibly useful. Buildings doesn't seem that good on a first glance.


ticks every second, for 20 seconds.
takes 10hp for 2.5 energy
Brood War Remake - SC2BW - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=145316
larse
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
1611 Posts
September 04 2012 11:28 GMT
#2022
well that mothership animation shows the laziness of the arts team. It could be much more awesome
KnT
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Australia243 Posts
September 04 2012 11:28 GMT
#2023
Can we get a vid showing the new nydus worms?

Many internets to you sir Maverck
I played a PvP last night, he had stalkers I had stalkers they both shot laser. I lasered harder and won.
BobMcJohnson
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
France2916 Posts
September 04 2012 11:31 GMT
#2024
On September 04 2012 20:25 wcr.4fun wrote:
I think abduct shouldn't work versus all massive units but at least versus ultra's, possibly collussi (might be too strong). But not versus mothership, thor(?), etc.

And who would ever want to use consume? Why'd I want to damage my own buildings? It's going to depend heavily on how much energy you get per health you consume. Because I can't imagine which building I'd want to damage. Consuming units, like zerglings would have been incredibly useful. Buildings doesn't seem that good on a first glance.


1. Build extra evo chambers (highest HP/cost iirc)
2. Consume
3. ????
4. Profit
Romanes eunt domus
dawid101w
Profile Joined May 2011
Poland3 Posts
September 04 2012 11:34 GMT
#2025
mines vs zerglings, and battlehelions vs zerglings vid plz ;D
Cabinet Sanchez
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia1097 Posts
September 04 2012 11:34 GMT
#2026
On September 04 2012 20:20 Rah wrote:
I think I love warhound now just because of the panicking that it's causing in some of the protoss players on this thread. I don't know if I've ever seen a unit inspire so much terror except for maybe the new mine. Oh no terran's getting something good besides the marine, nerf it!! So funny. Immortal's still going to be as ridiculous as it is now vs mech, don't worry boys.


It's not about playing, I'm shit, I'll always be shit - I don't care about me.
I care about e-sports, I care about good matches being casted which are dynamic, exciting and interesting.
This unit genuinely looks like shit to esports to me, utter trash.
Drimacus
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany92 Posts
September 04 2012 11:36 GMT
#2027
On September 04 2012 20:28 KnT wrote:
Can we get a vid showing the new nydus worms?



I'm with you.
Bump for nydus


Seiniyta
Profile Joined May 2010
Belgium1815 Posts
September 04 2012 11:36 GMT
#2028
On September 04 2012 20:28 larse wrote:
well that mothership animation shows the laziness of the arts team. It could be much more awesome


During the WoL beta spell effects/icon effects and even some units (baneling) got changed visually during the beta. So I expect that to happen here as well.
Pokemon Master
Cabinet Sanchez
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia1097 Posts
September 04 2012 11:36 GMT
#2029
On September 04 2012 20:28 larse wrote:
well that mothership animation shows the laziness of the arts team. It could be much more awesome



I'm all for people whinging when Blizzard fuck up on stupid weak stuff - but the animation is pretty fucking sweet dude.
Umpteen
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom1570 Posts
September 04 2012 11:37 GMT
#2030
On September 04 2012 20:25 wcr.4fun wrote:
I think abduct shouldn't work versus all massive units but at least versus ultra's, possibly collussi (might be too strong). But not versus mothership, thor(?), etc.


Do that and you may as well remove the viper entirely. If vipers couldn't abduct colossus they would have exactly zero utility in ZvP. Don't let that video with the stalkers fool you - why weren't all those those vipers infestors? They'd have fungaled-down those stalkers in no time, and wouldn't have needed support to do it.

And who would ever want to use consume? Why'd I want to damage my own buildings? It's going to depend heavily on how much energy you get per health you consume. Because I can't imagine which building I'd want to damage. Consuming units, like zerglings would have been incredibly useful. Buildings doesn't seem that good on a first glance.


Build forward hatcheries / extractors dedicated to the purpose. Cheaper and less larvae/supply.
The existence of a food chain is inescapable if we evolved unsupervised, and inexcusable otherwise.
Dingobloo
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia1903 Posts
September 04 2012 11:41 GMT
#2031
On September 04 2012 20:27 MavercK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 20:25 wcr.4fun wrote:
I think abduct shouldn't work versus all massive units but at least versus ultra's, possibly collussi (might be too strong). But not versus mothership, thor(?), etc.

And who would ever want to use consume? Why'd I want to damage my own buildings? It's going to depend heavily on how much energy you get per health you consume. Because I can't imagine which building I'd want to damage. Consuming units, like zerglings would have been incredibly useful. Buildings doesn't seem that good on a first glance.


ticks every second, for 20 seconds.
takes 10hp for 2.5 energy


Can you give us a run-down of what happens when 2 vipers abduct each other?
Cabinet Sanchez
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia1097 Posts
September 04 2012 11:42 GMT
#2032
On September 04 2012 20:41 Dingobloo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 20:27 MavercK wrote:
On September 04 2012 20:25 wcr.4fun wrote:
I think abduct shouldn't work versus all massive units but at least versus ultra's, possibly collussi (might be too strong). But not versus mothership, thor(?), etc.

And who would ever want to use consume? Why'd I want to damage my own buildings? It's going to depend heavily on how much energy you get per health you consume. Because I can't imagine which building I'd want to damage. Consuming units, like zerglings would have been incredibly useful. Buildings doesn't seem that good on a first glance.


ticks every second, for 20 seconds.
takes 10hp for 2.5 energy


Can you give us a run-down of what happens when 2 vipers abduct each other?


http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=docking
Censured
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic1061 Posts
September 04 2012 11:43 GMT
#2033
On September 04 2012 20:41 Dingobloo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 20:27 MavercK wrote:
On September 04 2012 20:25 wcr.4fun wrote:
I think abduct shouldn't work versus all massive units but at least versus ultra's, possibly collussi (might be too strong). But not versus mothership, thor(?), etc.

And who would ever want to use consume? Why'd I want to damage my own buildings? It's going to depend heavily on how much energy you get per health you consume. Because I can't imagine which building I'd want to damage. Consuming units, like zerglings would have been incredibly useful. Buildings doesn't seem that good on a first glance.


ticks every second, for 20 seconds.
takes 10hp for 2.5 energy


Can you give us a run-down of what happens when 2 vipers abduct each other?

so called viper kiss
Occupation: Legend
snailz
Profile Joined April 2011
Croatia900 Posts
September 04 2012 11:43 GMT
#2034
On September 04 2012 20:41 Dingobloo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 20:27 MavercK wrote:
On September 04 2012 20:25 wcr.4fun wrote:
I think abduct shouldn't work versus all massive units but at least versus ultra's, possibly collussi (might be too strong). But not versus mothership, thor(?), etc.

And who would ever want to use consume? Why'd I want to damage my own buildings? It's going to depend heavily on how much energy you get per health you consume. Because I can't imagine which building I'd want to damage. Consuming units, like zerglings would have been incredibly useful. Buildings doesn't seem that good on a first glance.


ticks every second, for 20 seconds.
takes 10hp for 2.5 energy


Can you give us a run-down of what happens when 2 vipers abduct each other?


a black hole opens
"I am saying that there are 300 current pros and semi-pros that have the potential to come in and dominate SC2 at any moment, with a latency of a few months from the day they switch." - intrigue
kollin
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United Kingdom8380 Posts
September 04 2012 11:45 GMT
#2035
Can people log on the servers? Or are they not up yet?
NeonFox
Profile Joined January 2011
2373 Posts
September 04 2012 11:47 GMT
#2036
On September 04 2012 20:20 Decendos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 20:17 NeonFox wrote:
I really hope the viper abduct doesn't work on massive units at launch.


i worked on colossi in battlereport. if it didnt work on massive it would be useless spell ^^


The thing is it looks (of course no way to know for sure until pro games test this out) way too strong vs protoss. The range is pretty big and you can basically oneshot colossi and the mothership like this. No need for corrupters anymore if you can pull the colossi directly in the center of your roach hydra ball. The tech is early enough that you can make them as soon as you see the robo.

It also looks stupid on big units, but I guess that's just taste.
Moka
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada942 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-04 11:47:37
September 04 2012 11:47 GMT
#2037
On September 04 2012 20:41 Dingobloo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 20:27 MavercK wrote:
On September 04 2012 20:25 wcr.4fun wrote:
I think abduct shouldn't work versus all massive units but at least versus ultra's, possibly collussi (might be too strong). But not versus mothership, thor(?), etc.

And who would ever want to use consume? Why'd I want to damage my own buildings? It's going to depend heavily on how much energy you get per health you consume. Because I can't imagine which building I'd want to damage. Consuming units, like zerglings would have been incredibly useful. Buildings doesn't seem that good on a first glance.


ticks every second, for 20 seconds.
takes 10hp for 2.5 energy


Can you give us a run-down of what happens when 2 vipers abduct each other?

It would be funny if you had a chain of multiple vipers and you chain abduct a probe until that probe gets in your base.. Then neural it and proceed to build a Nexus.
ヾ(@⌒_⌒@)ノ
wrj
Profile Joined August 2012
219 Posts
September 04 2012 11:47 GMT
#2038
can someone finally tell me how to get this mod i wana try stuff too??????
avilo
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States4100 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-04 11:48:43
September 04 2012 11:48 GMT
#2039
On September 04 2012 19:25 Cyro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 19:09 MavercK wrote:


Im speechless.

What unit do we make to deal with warhounds on 1-2 base that is not extremely vunerable to the battle hellions that come with them?

Stalkers? Nope.

Zealots? Well, Warhound is a ranged unit (a high range ranged unit) that is about 25% faster, you wouldnt even need hellions to be able to tear apart a zealot defense unless there was a choke with forcefields.

Immortals? 1robo would not be enough, and it appears that Haywire missile bypasses hardened shield, and battle hellions are not armored.

I think you could deal with warhounds alone, but the battle hellions pose the strange problem of seemingly hardcountering everything that comes with them, if you were to build 2 immortals, then you are handing the terran the resources to add 7 battle hellions to the fight, which is 840hp of light armored metal that has to be destroyed before you can reach the warhounds unless you plan on walking through the hellions IF you can.. Stalkers and immortals both have extremely low DPS vs light units, and it seems that Warhounds are the hardest non-flying-unit-counter to the colossus so far.

This video is 9 Warhounds vs 12 Stalkers, the warhounds are a little more gas heavy, and the production is harder to get up, but otherwise this is an equal cost engagement, and the 9 warhounds kill all 12 stalkers with only 1 loss and some damage.


Most people currently in WOL don't actually understand how to play against mech with protoss because so few Terrans go mech and because mech is technically "bad" in WOL.

If you played the custom map or if you played as the mech Terran yourself vs competant protoss players that know how to play against mech you'd already know that the protoss ends up with 3-4 robos and stargates for void rays for mass immortals/chargelot as well as to utilize void rays to skew the mech player's unit composition to include vikings/thors which is bad for the mech Terran player. This will become even better with the new tempest.

So basically what i'm saying is, you and everyone else that's saying "OMGWAT WILL WE DO!" really don't understand how the game will develop and you probably have no clue at all how to currently play against mech in WOL if you're making uninformed statements like "1 robo would not be enough." As said above, you and probably 99% of the player population literally have no idea how to play against mech with SC2 protoss, because Protoss rarely sees it.
Sup
larse
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
1611 Posts
September 04 2012 11:48 GMT
#2040
On September 04 2012 20:47 Moka wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 20:41 Dingobloo wrote:
On September 04 2012 20:27 MavercK wrote:
On September 04 2012 20:25 wcr.4fun wrote:
I think abduct shouldn't work versus all massive units but at least versus ultra's, possibly collussi (might be too strong). But not versus mothership, thor(?), etc.

And who would ever want to use consume? Why'd I want to damage my own buildings? It's going to depend heavily on how much energy you get per health you consume. Because I can't imagine which building I'd want to damage. Consuming units, like zerglings would have been incredibly useful. Buildings doesn't seem that good on a first glance.


ticks every second, for 20 seconds.
takes 10hp for 2.5 energy


Can you give us a run-down of what happens when 2 vipers abduct each other?

It would be funny if you had a chain of multiple vipers and you chain abduct a probe until that probe gets in your base.. Then neural it and proceed to build a Nexus.


just another awesome ceremony
Prev 1 100 101 102 103 104 144 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #2
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason185
BRAT_OK 84
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15156
Artosis 567
Mini 247
Dewaltoss 138
Mind 77
ZZZero.O 57
Hyun 40
Bale 25
NaDa 23
Dota 2
qojqva2742
420jenkins571
League of Legends
Doublelift132
Counter-Strike
fl0m4047
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6376
Khaldor1342
Liquid`Hasu1065
MindelVK19
Other Games
summit1g4612
FrodaN2051
B2W.Neo805
byalli633
ToD223
Railgan43
Mew2King42
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1145
BasetradeTV214
StarCraft 2
angryscii 45
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream45
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 34
• Reevou 7
• StrangeGG 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 21
• Azhi_Dahaki13
• FirePhoenix8
• FT.aCt)Sony1
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie940
• Shiphtur295
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 33m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 33m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
15h 33m
Monday Night Weeklies
20h 33m
Replay Cast
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 15h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.