• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:13
CEST 15:13
KST 22:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)43Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8758 users

Ask a Korean American anything - Page 3

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
0123456789
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3216 Posts
March 29 2012 00:29 GMT
#41
Yeah, from what I've heard there is a fair bit of subtle racism. (exclusion etc)

Why are you against interracial marriage? Although I respect your right to feel that way, disliking interracial marriage purely on the basis of color is quite odd nowadays, and is considered sort of racist/antique.


It's only odd in the U.S. because the U.S. is exposed to so many diverse cultures and at school you were taught to be more open to others. I'm not sure why other Koreans are against interracial marriage, but I know why I am. Ever since I was young, my parents have openly condemned marrying other races. They really harshly did not want me to marry non-asians, and they didn't want me to marry other asians too, but not as harshly as non-asians. Older koreans are very openly racist. Especially the ones in America. They think black people and mexicans are stereotypically trash. Whites are fared in a better light because of the power they hold in America. And you don't want your children marrying trash, and you drill that they are trash into their kids' heads. Also doesn't help that when a Korean comes to America, they aren't really exposed to other cultures. They go live in communities with high populations of Koreans, and never really learn English, and live in mini-Korea, even though they live in the U.S. Therefore they never are really exposed to other races, and therefore racist from the lack of communiaction between the two races. My mom after 20 years of living in America knows very very very little English, and still thinks all Mexicans and Black people are thugs who are going to shoot her.
Elsid
Profile Joined September 2010
Ireland318 Posts
March 29 2012 00:31 GMT
#42
On March 29 2012 09:29 0123456789 wrote:


It's only odd in the U.S. because the U.S. is exposed to so many diverse cultures and at school you were taught to be more open to others. I'm not sure why other Koreans are against interracial marriage, but I know why I am. Ever since I was young, my parents have openly condemned marrying other races. They really harshly did not want me to marry non-asians, and they didn't want me to marry other asians too, but not as harshly as non-asians. Older koreans are very openly racist. Especially the ones in America. They think black people and mexicans are stereotypically trash. Whites are fared in a better light because of the power they hold in America. And you don't want your children marrying trash, and you drill that they are trash into their kids' heads.


If you're aware of this how does this explain your racism?
0123456789
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3216 Posts
March 29 2012 00:32 GMT
#43
Nice dodge on that endowment question.

I was fucking paranoid about this when I was younger so I got out a ruler and measured. I heard average in U.S. was 6.5, mine was 7.5. And then I was like cool, I have a big dick, and never worried about it ever again. I might be very fortunate though. I don't think other Koreans have a dick as big as mine. Koreans are very paranoid about their dicks. That's why they never ask other Koreans to compare dick sizes.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46478 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-29 00:35:43
March 29 2012 00:34 GMT
#44
On March 29 2012 09:10 micronesia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2012 08:49 0123456789 wrote:
On March 29 2012 08:39 Kiante wrote:
How well endowed are you?


My family specifically is considered to be on the lower spectrum of Koreans when talking about wealth. Koreans are richer than they point out to be. My family would be considered to be in the 1% of the U.S. population in terms of wealth, but even this is considered really poor, for the average Korean American. (From my view of the world, since I have only lived in rich suburbs my entire life, and all my korean school mates are richer than I am.) Technically speaking, my family makes like over $120K per year at the least, and don't pay taxes because my dad is a freelancer and therefore puts unemployed on his whatever he does for taxes, and takes 100% of what he makes. My mom works for a Korean company, which means that they do some underhanded dealings where she only makes "minimum wage." They give her most of her wages in cash.

I'm not sure if you should be publicly sharing information about the fraud your parents are committing.


I. Fell. Off. My. Chair. Laughing. At both the penis size dodge and the fraud comment.

OP: Do you see more Korean American women being "stolen" by non-Koreans, or more of your men being stolen by other races? Why do you think that's the case, and why do you dislike it so much?

(Just wondering because I'm an Italian American- white- guy, and I'm dating a Filipina.)
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
0123456789
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3216 Posts
March 29 2012 00:35 GMT
#45
If you're aware of this how does this explain your racism?

I don't care. And no1's going to call me out on it in real life, so I will never change, and I will always publicly be a non-racist. You just keep that shit inside your head. There was a study and they found out that a majority of Americans, deep inside, are publicly non-racist just like I am, but racist deep inside, and this gives me a reason to believe that how I feel is okay.
TOloseGT
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States1145 Posts
March 29 2012 00:37 GMT
#46
Why is it that Korean-American girls constantly have drama revolving around them?
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46478 Posts
March 29 2012 00:44 GMT
#47
On March 29 2012 09:37 TOloseGT wrote:
Why is it that Korean-American girls constantly have drama revolving around them?


It's not because they're Korean-American, I'll tell you that.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
mizU
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States12125 Posts
March 29 2012 00:45 GMT
#48
Why don't Koreans shave their pubic regions?
if happy ever afters did exist <3 @watamizu_
sc4k
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United Kingdom5454 Posts
March 29 2012 00:47 GMT
#49
On March 29 2012 09:12 0123456789 wrote:
No, I hate them because I don't believe in inter-racial marriages. White must marry with white, chinese with chinese, japanese with japanese, koreans with korean, black with black.


Wat.
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
March 29 2012 00:47 GMT
#50
On March 29 2012 09:45 mizU wrote:
Why don't Koreans shave their pubic regions?

Women? Or am I missing something.
0123456789
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3216 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-29 00:54:02
March 29 2012 00:48 GMT
#51
Why is it so important to be the best at things for you koreans? Why is not happy and being ok in someting alright?

Where you are on the social ladder depends on how successful you are. There's this crazy retarded thought in Korean people's heads that the richer you are, the higher social standing you have. The better the college you go to, the higher social standing you have. Rich people have higher social status than those less fortunate. Those who went to good colleges have higher social status than those who didn't go to college. That's why koreans try so hard, and parents ask their kids to try so hard. Don't find this to be true with newer gen koreans though. Although I'm pretty fucking sure they think this way inside and judge based on how much money you have, and what college you go into/go to. I do this.

Is there and how is slackers treated in korea?

People look down on you. And you're a loser. I think this is the same for all people though. No1 wants to be a loser, they want to fit in, and be popular, etc.

How are you dealing with weakminded people and unintelligent people in Korea?

In korea, idk. But Korea has a high suicide rate.

I got ADD and dont think I would have a chance seeing how competetive you are and only the best is good enough. How do you deal with people like me with neurodevelopmental disabilities?

Depends. If you're my brother, or a friend, I treat you with realness. For others, they don't give a rat's ass about you. You're special ed. You get treated nicely, but no1 really cares about your problems. Can be said about everyone in the world though.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46478 Posts
March 29 2012 00:48 GMT
#52
On March 29 2012 09:47 Froadac wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2012 09:45 mizU wrote:
Why don't Koreans shave their pubic regions?

Women? Or am I missing something.


So if (P)Paralyze is the Afrotoss...

::shudders::
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
March 29 2012 00:55 GMT
#53
On March 29 2012 09:48 0123456789 wrote:
Is there and how is slackers treated in korea?

People look down on you. And you're a loser. I think this is the same for all people though. No1 wants to be a loser, they want to fit in, and be popular, etc.



Key difference is in the USA if you try hard people look down on you, and you're a loser. And if you are a slacker you fit in and are popular :D
0123456789
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3216 Posts
March 29 2012 01:04 GMT
#54
I. Fell. Off. My. Chair. Laughing. At both the penis size dodge and the fraud comment.

OP: Do you see more Korean American women being "stolen" by non-Koreans, or more of your men being stolen by other races? Why do you think that's the case, and why do you dislike it so much?

(Just wondering because I'm an Italian American- white- guy, and I'm dating a Filipina.)


I'm not a girl so I can't say for a girl's perspective, but for a guy, guys don't care if other korean guys date non-korean girls. But in America, we care about girls being stolen because we don't do inter-racial relationships. That means that there are not that many hot korean girls available out there. And if a non-korean takes a korean girl, that just lessens the number of hot korean girls. It's okay if a korean guy does it, but it feels like the enemy is taking one of our women if a non-korean guy takes a girl because of the low number of quality korean girls. Most korean girls in America are ugly because of no plastic surgery, and the pretty ones can stay in Korea and be successful. No need to come to America to get a career. Just marry some rich korean guy.
0123456789
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3216 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-29 01:11:57
March 29 2012 01:06 GMT
#55
Why is it that Korean-American girls constantly have drama revolving around them?

Korean girls fucking love dick. And like all girls, they want some hot steamy sex deep inside. But they are looked down upon if they express in any way, shape, or form, their desire for sex. Therefore they try to suppress their sexual frustrations, and become mega sluts or drama queens. All Korean girl drama is drama for dick. True story. It relates in some way. Just think about it.

ZeaL.
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States5955 Posts
March 29 2012 01:07 GMT
#56
All I can tell from this thread is that koreans are just chinese people but XTREEEEME.
0123456789
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3216 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-29 01:11:33
March 29 2012 01:10 GMT
#57
Why don't Koreans shave their pubic regions?

Guys who do it are seen as gay. Girls who do it are seen as sluts. It's okay if you're an athlete though.
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
March 29 2012 01:13 GMT
#58
A lot of koreans I know in america are obsessed with japan. Similar sentiment in Korea?
TheKwas
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Iceland372 Posts
March 29 2012 01:18 GMT
#59
It's actually pretty shocking how racist this thread is. Assuming that 0123456789 is anywhere close to an average representation of a Korean-American (an assumption I'm pretty sure is wrong, given my experiances with Korean-Canadians), they're actually much more racist than even actual Koreans.


Your racism isn't justified, it's actually disgusting.
0123456789
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3216 Posts
March 29 2012 01:21 GMT
#60
A lot of koreans I know in america are obsessed with japan. Similar sentiment in Korea?

Depends. Older people don't like Japan because japan once controlled Korea and raped Korean women. But if they meet and get to know a Japanese person, they like them. And they love Japanese stuff, like Japanese anime, cars, culture, etc. Younger people love their stuff too like anime, jpop, etc. The whole "obsessed" thing depends on the person. Some people like kpop, some people love kpop, some people are obsesssed with kpop.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 654
TaKeTV 185
SteadfastSC173
ComeBackTV 153
LamboSC288
Rex52
EnkiAlexander 7
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy11
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech178
SteadfastSC 173
LamboSC2 88
Rex 52
BRAT_OK 9
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 36602
Shuttle 3126
Horang2 935
Bisu 931
Jaedong 726
Mini 609
EffOrt 556
Light 460
BeSt 348
Soma 344
[ Show more ]
firebathero 340
Hyuk 320
Stork 307
Snow 169
Zeus 161
Rush 155
Last 150
ggaemo 147
ZerO 142
Pusan 91
Leta 83
hero 69
Killer 56
sorry 56
Mong 45
Sharp 44
Mind 42
Bale 28
Aegong 27
Shinee 27
Shine 25
ToSsGirL 24
soO 23
Trap 23
Sexy 22
Terrorterran 20
NotJumperer 16
Yoon 16
Free 14
PianO 13
HiyA 10
JulyZerg 9
Noble 7
Sacsri 7
zelot 7
Icarus 7
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5799
qojqva1681
Dendi862
420jenkins63
Fuzer 55
League of Legends
Reynor108
Counter-Strike
x6flipin424
markeloff162
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2222
crisheroes975
XaKoH 150
Other Games
gofns38745
singsing2193
olofmeister1477
B2W.Neo954
Mlord243
DeMusliM185
Livibee178
Liquid`VortiX122
Hui .117
Mew2King101
ArmadaUGS92
QueenE88
Chillindude18
Railgan12
ZerO(Twitch)12
fpsfer 0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream130
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 64
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix5
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1809
League of Legends
• Jankos2232
• TFBlade773
• Nemesis762
Other Games
• WagamamaTV183
Upcoming Events
OSC
10h 47m
Stellar Fest
23h 47m
OSC
1d 8h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 20h
Online Event
1d 21h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.