• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:37
CEST 23:37
KST 06:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8118 users

Reasons to flame after win - Page 5

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
January 28 2012 14:25 GMT
#81
I actually do this quite often.
LOL

I think it's the reverse of being a sore loser...
I would never BM when I lose, because it's usually my fault somehow.

However when I beat someone who was just a cheesy ass player, he's getting a BM.
Because he just wasted my time, and will probably go on to waste other people's time.
moo...for DRG
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13426 Posts
January 28 2012 16:25 GMT
#82
On January 28 2012 23:25 neoghaleon55 wrote:
I actually do this quite often.
LOL

I think it's the reverse of being a sore loser...
I would never BM when I lose, because it's usually my fault somehow.

However when I beat someone who was just a cheesy ass player, he's getting a BM.
Because he just wasted my time, and will probably go on to waste other people's time.


I do that too sometimes. Got cannon rushed yesterday, and the guy kept typig EZ EZ EZ EZ

I won the game in the end and then I typed back EZ PZ DONT CHEESE ME

Thanks artosis :D
StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
kindle139
Profile Joined September 2010
United States128 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-28 16:39:57
January 28 2012 16:39 GMT
#83
my standard response to loss rage is: thanks for the ladder points, loser! then immediate block followed by "blocked"

edit: also, i'm laughing my ass off the whole time
GreEny K
Profile Joined February 2008
Germany7312 Posts
January 28 2012 16:43 GMT
#84
I don't know why people do it, especially after they won... All I know is that I welcome a rematch anytime, and usually I destroy the person if we do rematch, so then I just humbly offensively GG.
Why would you ever choose failure, when success is an option.
gruff
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden2276 Posts
January 28 2012 16:44 GMT
#85
On January 29 2012 01:25 ZeromuS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2012 23:25 neoghaleon55 wrote:
I actually do this quite often.
LOL

I think it's the reverse of being a sore loser...
I would never BM when I lose, because it's usually my fault somehow.

However when I beat someone who was just a cheesy ass player, he's getting a BM.
Because he just wasted my time, and will probably go on to waste other people's time.


I do that too sometimes. Got cannon rushed yesterday, and the guy kept typig EZ EZ EZ EZ

I won the game in the end and then I typed back EZ PZ DONT CHEESE ME

Thanks artosis :D

That's not really the same thing. Your opponent was taunting you while the person you quoted says he bm's anyone that is "just a cheesy ass player" meaning anyone that doesn't play according to his standards of "proper game play" (paraphrasing).
Gladiator6
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden7024 Posts
January 28 2012 16:45 GMT
#86
On January 28 2012 18:53 Talin wrote:
Ask yourself if it is really important to you and worth your time to discuss the psychology of a few people you met on the ladder.


And then OP your answer should be NO! So in other words stop wasting time on them and just ignore them ingame if they keep chatting or ignore afterwards if they like to talk shit afterwards.
Flying, sOs, free, Light, Soulkey & ZerO
Merikh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States918 Posts
January 28 2012 16:46 GMT
#87
Enable that blizz feature where people can't message you unless they are on your friends list.
G4MR | I mod day9, djwheat and GLHF's stream
Champi
Profile Joined March 2010
1422 Posts
January 28 2012 16:46 GMT
#88
just use ignore dude, the internet would be a troll free place if people had the willpower to keep their mouths shut and not respond to these retards.

u cant be flamed or trolled if u dont reply, imagine trying to rage at somewhere who doesnt respond? it doesnt work, they feed off your response and that compels them to continue.
ArcticFox
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1092 Posts
January 28 2012 16:47 GMT
#89
Options -> Battle.net -> Only allow friends to send me chat messages.
It has made my laddering time SO much more enjoyable.

And for extreme measures, hitting F11 to mute someone while in-game -- delightful.

Otherwise, yes, the amount of "offensive gg"-style BM has been on the rise recently. Not sure exactly why.
nihlon
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden5581 Posts
January 28 2012 16:48 GMT
#90
Some people just like being rude. I've had a couple of recent games where I've gotten "leave fucking noob" or an offensive gg as I'm about to lose. It's not like I stay unreasonably long, try to hide buildings or anything. My childish response to this is to draw out the game as long as possible.
Banelings are too cute to blow up
GreEny K
Profile Joined February 2008
Germany7312 Posts
January 28 2012 16:52 GMT
#91
On January 29 2012 01:48 nihlon wrote:
Some people just like being rude. I've had a couple of recent games where I've gotten "leave fucking noob" or an offensive gg as I'm about to lose. It's not like I stay unreasonably long, try to hide buildings or anything. My childish response to this is to draw out the game as long as possible.


Understandable... But I usually leave when I know my time is up. In tournaments I try to stay and figure something out.
Why would you ever choose failure, when success is an option.
Avril_Lavigne
Profile Joined April 2010
United States446 Posts
January 28 2012 16:55 GMT
#92
blizzard should make it so that if you ignore a player, you also can't send messages to that player. It's retarded that you can hide behind your block list and still talk shit to other person.
Roblin
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden948 Posts
January 28 2012 16:55 GMT
#93
this have happened to me twice in my starcraft career, and I have played since beta.

ignore them and move on.
I'm better today than I was yesterday!
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
January 28 2012 17:01 GMT
#94
They won because they outplayed you.
They're mad because you utilized a strategy that they particularly view as dirty or bullshit.

It's just skewed thinking.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
envisioN .
Profile Joined February 2011
United States552 Posts
January 28 2012 17:02 GMT
#95
Sometimes people feel pumped up after a win and do stupid things like message you to rub it in your face. A rule that I follow is if they have you on ignore then do the same to them and everything is equal. They could just be super psyched about winning and it boils over or they are a-holes.
"Good works do not make a good man, but a good man does good works" -Martin Luther ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NTTemplar
Profile Joined August 2011
609 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-28 17:17:49
January 28 2012 17:16 GMT
#96
To give a proper answer to the question.

I see mainly two reasons for this: They suffer from inferiority complexes or narcissism; it can be either or both, but in majority of cases inferiority complex is an essential part of the reason.

The person acts that way based on which reason it is.

A person with inferiority complexes has got a need to lessen you, as to feel better about himself, despite winning he can still have the feeling of being inferior, which shows itself clearly in the case that the majority of people who BM you after they win will have used a strategy that is commonly thought of as particularly skilless or at the very least less skillful, like cannon rushing or 7 rax all ining.

In which case they very well can be worse than you despite winning, but whetever they realisticly won despite being better or worse is irrelevant, as it only matters what they see. And even if they played an incredible game and by all means was the better player, they could still feel inferior, and so got a need they don't manage to control to insult and belittle you so they can feel less like "worthless shit" so to speak.


A person suffering narcissism however insults you for the opposite reason, he insults you because he believes everyone else is worthless and he needs people to recognize that he is superior and thus will do what he can to explain to you how your life is shit and his is the best.

In the case of having both, the person believes himself to be superior, but sub-conciously still in his own eyes disappoint to what he "should" perform. Which can very well be the case in a close game, and thus since the game itself didn't "properly prove" how "much better" he is, he needs to achieve that feeling by belittling you in an attempt to make you realize his superiority.

So for short, inferiority complex forces afflicted people to belittle you since they feel worthless and needs to feel less worthless (this can all be sub-conciously).

People suffering narcissism need to belittle you to reassure themselves you know how worthless you are (or rather how worthless they believe you are), and in turn feel even more superior.
"Between Tomorrow's dream and yesterday's regret, is today's opportunity"
Hider
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Denmark9448 Posts
January 28 2012 17:20 GMT
#97
On January 29 2012 02:16 NTTemplar wrote:
To give a proper answer to the question.

I see mainly two reasons for this: They suffer from inferiority complexes or narcissism; it can be either or both, but in majority of cases inferiority complex is an essential part of the reason.

The person acts that way based on which reason it is.

A person with inferiority complexes has got a need to lessen you, as to feel better about himself, despite winning he can still have the feeling of being inferior, which shows itself clearly in the case that the majority of people who BM you after they win will have used a strategy that is commonly thought of as particularly skilless or at the very least less skillful, like cannon rushing or 7 rax all ining.

In which case they very well can be worse than you despite winning, but whetever they realisticly won despite being better or worse is irrelevant, as it only matters what they see. And even if they played an incredible game and by all means was the better player, they could still feel inferior, and so got a need they don't manage to control to insult and belittle you so they can feel less like "worthless shit" so to speak.


A person suffering narcissism however insults you for the opposite reason, he insults you because he believes everyone else is worthless and he needs people to recognize that he is superior and thus will do what he can to explain to you how your life is shit and his is the best.

In the case of having both, the person believes himself to be superior, but sub-conciously still in his own eyes disappoint to what he "should" perform. Which can very well be the case in a close game, and thus since the game itself didn't "properly prove" how "much better" he is, he needs to achieve that feeling by belittling you in an attempt to make you realize his superiority.

So for short, inferiority complex forces afflicted people to belittle you since they feel worthless and needs to feel less worthless (this can all be sub-conciously).

People suffering narcissism need to belittle you to reassure themselves you know how worthless you are (or rather how worthless they believe you are), and in turn feel even more superior.


I like to shit on people I don't respect, and I approve of this.

Ah though its not because I feel inferior after I win. its because i feel like I am 10 times better, and he isn't supposed to be equal to me in terms of ladder rankings, so obv. he need to be taught ^^.
Though I wouldn't do that to good mannered people....
TheTurk
Profile Joined January 2011
United States732 Posts
January 28 2012 17:29 GMT
#98
This has never happened to me on the ladder.
And I've been playing since Beta.
Maybe its a lower league thing?
Starcraft is a lifestyle.
envisioN .
Profile Joined February 2011
United States552 Posts
January 28 2012 17:33 GMT
#99
On January 29 2012 01:48 nihlon wrote:
Some people just like being rude. I've had a couple of recent games where I've gotten "leave fucking noob" or an offensive gg as I'm about to lose. It's not like I stay unreasonably long, try to hide buildings or anything. My childish response to this is to draw out the game as long as possible.

I won't go to the extent of floating buildings to the corners when someone says an offensive gg me but it definately makes me continue to fight and try to win by any means necessary which obviously draws out the game. I just want that feeling of someone offensively saying gg then me coming from behind to crush them
"Good works do not make a good man, but a good man does good works" -Martin Luther ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
OGzan
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States289 Posts
January 28 2012 17:35 GMT
#100
I got tired of the BM, so I just set my PM to friends only for a while. Quite simple really
(Zan) :: http://www.twitch.tv/byzantiumsc :: Terran Player currently teamless ::
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O109
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason124
BRAT_OK 52
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1044
ZZZero.O 109
Bale 22
League of Legends
Doublelift4389
JimRising 549
Counter-Strike
Fnx 900
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6077
Other Games
summit1g8633
FrodaN2967
B2W.Neo612
KnowMe241
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1399
BasetradeTV291
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki26
• blackmanpl 15
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1197
• Shiphtur216
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
1h 23m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 23m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
13h 23m
Monday Night Weeklies
18h 23m
Replay Cast
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 12h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 13h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.