• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:09
CEST 16:09
KST 23:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8676 users

Apologies for Incorrect Information - Page 13

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 24 Next All
yosisoy
Profile Joined October 2010
Israel202 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-20 08:57:53
January 20 2012 08:55 GMT
#241
Like anyone with their head connected to their body would take everything you originally wrote in the thread seriously without any proof.

Nice to see you're apologizing, though. We all do and say stupid shit sometimes.
In Soviet Russia, sorrow harvest you
dsousa
Profile Joined October 2011
United States1363 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-20 09:08:39
January 20 2012 08:58 GMT
#242
This latest retraction, with the word libel being used, certainly make this more interesting. Can only speculate about the heat the poor OP got today about it.

Thank you for the post though, IMO it was brave and strong and needed.

Some awesome SC2 reporter who lives in Korea is going to have to get down the bottom of this one. Sunlight is the best disinfectant, e-sports doesn't need and can't afford to have such aggressive relations between its players and coaches.
IdrA
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States11541 Posts
January 20 2012 09:04 GMT
#243
On January 20 2012 17:06 VirgilSC2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2012 16:59 CuSToM wrote:
On January 20 2012 16:49 dmnum wrote:
On January 20 2012 16:45 CuSToM wrote:
On January 20 2012 16:38 dmnum wrote:
On January 20 2012 16:30 CuSToM wrote:
On January 20 2012 16:17 dmnum wrote:
On January 20 2012 15:44 vasculaR wrote:
On January 20 2012 15:37 dmnum wrote:
On January 20 2012 15:33 vasculaR wrote:
either you
A) like rekrul
B) like Coach Lee
C) don't care.
Any story or truths will come out but it wouldn't change your A, B or C.

You should go back and read virgil's post.


I can't see your point because you did not make any.

You said any stories coming up wouldn't change people's opinion regarding coach lee. I told you to read virgil's post. You clearly didn't, otherwise you would have seen that Virgil, as he stated in his post in this thread, was a huge fan of TSL and a friend of coach lee's. After these two threads he has said that he can no longer support TSL because of the shady stuff going behind the scenes. I hope the point got across now.


Well you shouldn't let one person speak for everybody. I will be staying up until 3 AM to watch TSL in the GSTL and its players in the GSL until the team no longer exists.

Just because the coach / manager of the team turns out to not be a patron saint doesn't mean I am going to forget about the past year and a half I have spent staying up and cheering for TSL, and then put all the Starcraft II teams names into a hat and pick a new team to follow.

I think the reason virgil "doesn't support" TSL anymore has nothing to with players.

"The Team SCV Life (TSL) is a top Korean StarCraft 2 team. It was founded by former MBC Heroes coach Lee Woon Jae.[1]" - From liquipedia

TSL was based highly around the figure of coach lee, and now that these things are turning up and assuming he resignes, the team needs to change it's name, for better or for worse. Either way, as soon as coach lee is no longer associated with the team I think virgil will go back to being TSL(Or whatever new name they may adapt)#1 fan.


Edit: Virgil just posted. Glad I understood what he meant all along, otherwise I would look like giant asshat.


Okay you missed my point. I don't care what Virgil wrote or how he feels about the team because it has nothing to do with my interests.

I was simply agreeing with the point that guy said about "you either like Coach Lee, like Rekrul, or don't care and you will continue to feel that way when this is all over". You said that wasn't the case because of a blog somebody wrote, which isn't true (for me at least).

edit: worded poorly the first time

Yeah, but will you still support coach lee?


My attraction to TSL had nothing to do with Coach Lee, I originally started following the team because of Tester. Tester left and went to a different team but that didn't change anything for me, even though the reason I supported the team in the first place was gone.

How do you support a team but not the coach? What does that even mean? Do I question his decisions in GSTL and complain about him in live report threads? When a player leaves his team am I happy that Coach Lee lost them, even though a player left my favorite team? How do I protest against Coach Lee but still support my favorite team? If Coach Lee left TSL, fine. If all of the players on the team left TSL and Coach Lee acquired a new roster, fine. As long as Team SCV Life is a functioning organization (in some capacity since the argument can be made that isn't the case right now) they will remain the team I support.

I think many people confuse me for the average TSL fan. I had a fairly personal relationship with the coach as a person, not as the coach of TSL. After these revelations, should they be true, I feel that the Coach Lee I knew as a friend is not actually who he really is. In that sense, no, I will not be supporting the TSL coach, as the hard times brought upon my favorite team came from faults within him. I think it's easy to look at the situation saying that he was trying to do what's best for the team, no matter the cost. However, I think he lost sight of the team as a bond between the coach and the individual players.

The main point I was trying to make with my post is that for all the hard work I put into trying to defend my friends honor before the angry mob of TeamLiquid users, it turned out he was not the man he portrayed himself as. I hope you can see how it would be a little hard to continue to wish to stick my neck out for him.

dont worry im sure everyone knows you're more than the average TSL fan.
http://www.splitreason.com/product/1152 release the gracken tshirt now available
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
January 20 2012 09:04 GMT
#244
Meh, sure it doesn't change the fact that Coach Lee is a hypocrite, but it's certainly not a huge scandal anymore. It's not a soap opera conspiracy drama, rather it's become an anecdote about that one time when this one guy was a bit of a dick.

While Rekrul has been a reliable source in the past, and by all means can probably still be considered as such, the original story was an angry rant from a guy who heard it from a guy. No matter the source, a little care should still be taken before mooring hearsay as fact.

That's all from captain hindsight! Away!

Major props on coming clean by the way. Can't say for sure I would have had the balls to do the same.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
Love and Justice
Profile Joined August 2011
United States87 Posts
January 20 2012 09:06 GMT
#245
On January 20 2012 18:04 IdrA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2012 17:06 VirgilSC2 wrote:
On January 20 2012 16:59 CuSToM wrote:
On January 20 2012 16:49 dmnum wrote:
On January 20 2012 16:45 CuSToM wrote:
On January 20 2012 16:38 dmnum wrote:
On January 20 2012 16:30 CuSToM wrote:
On January 20 2012 16:17 dmnum wrote:
On January 20 2012 15:44 vasculaR wrote:
On January 20 2012 15:37 dmnum wrote:
[quote]
You should go back and read virgil's post.


I can't see your point because you did not make any.

You said any stories coming up wouldn't change people's opinion regarding coach lee. I told you to read virgil's post. You clearly didn't, otherwise you would have seen that Virgil, as he stated in his post in this thread, was a huge fan of TSL and a friend of coach lee's. After these two threads he has said that he can no longer support TSL because of the shady stuff going behind the scenes. I hope the point got across now.


Well you shouldn't let one person speak for everybody. I will be staying up until 3 AM to watch TSL in the GSTL and its players in the GSL until the team no longer exists.

Just because the coach / manager of the team turns out to not be a patron saint doesn't mean I am going to forget about the past year and a half I have spent staying up and cheering for TSL, and then put all the Starcraft II teams names into a hat and pick a new team to follow.

I think the reason virgil "doesn't support" TSL anymore has nothing to with players.

"The Team SCV Life (TSL) is a top Korean StarCraft 2 team. It was founded by former MBC Heroes coach Lee Woon Jae.[1]" - From liquipedia

TSL was based highly around the figure of coach lee, and now that these things are turning up and assuming he resignes, the team needs to change it's name, for better or for worse. Either way, as soon as coach lee is no longer associated with the team I think virgil will go back to being TSL(Or whatever new name they may adapt)#1 fan.


Edit: Virgil just posted. Glad I understood what he meant all along, otherwise I would look like giant asshat.


Okay you missed my point. I don't care what Virgil wrote or how he feels about the team because it has nothing to do with my interests.

I was simply agreeing with the point that guy said about "you either like Coach Lee, like Rekrul, or don't care and you will continue to feel that way when this is all over". You said that wasn't the case because of a blog somebody wrote, which isn't true (for me at least).

edit: worded poorly the first time

Yeah, but will you still support coach lee?


My attraction to TSL had nothing to do with Coach Lee, I originally started following the team because of Tester. Tester left and went to a different team but that didn't change anything for me, even though the reason I supported the team in the first place was gone.

How do you support a team but not the coach? What does that even mean? Do I question his decisions in GSTL and complain about him in live report threads? When a player leaves his team am I happy that Coach Lee lost them, even though a player left my favorite team? How do I protest against Coach Lee but still support my favorite team? If Coach Lee left TSL, fine. If all of the players on the team left TSL and Coach Lee acquired a new roster, fine. As long as Team SCV Life is a functioning organization (in some capacity since the argument can be made that isn't the case right now) they will remain the team I support.

I think many people confuse me for the average TSL fan. I had a fairly personal relationship with the coach as a person, not as the coach of TSL. After these revelations, should they be true, I feel that the Coach Lee I knew as a friend is not actually who he really is. In that sense, no, I will not be supporting the TSL coach, as the hard times brought upon my favorite team came from faults within him. I think it's easy to look at the situation saying that he was trying to do what's best for the team, no matter the cost. However, I think he lost sight of the team as a bond between the coach and the individual players.

The main point I was trying to make with my post is that for all the hard work I put into trying to defend my friends honor before the angry mob of TeamLiquid users, it turned out he was not the man he portrayed himself as. I hope you can see how it would be a little hard to continue to wish to stick my neck out for him.

dont worry im sure everyone knows you're more than the average TSL fan.


Trollolololol O Idra...
"No banglings, no problem." (ZeNEXLine)
bgx
Profile Joined August 2010
Poland6595 Posts
January 20 2012 09:07 GMT
#246
All in all im dissapointed, first post was a really heavy hitter, describing Lee as backstabbing individual, literally worst person in sc2 industry. Now its just like a missed punch. "Lee is just hypocritical". Eh.... Seriously.
Stork[gm]
Angelbelow
Profile Joined September 2010
United States3728 Posts
January 20 2012 09:08 GMT
#247
On January 20 2012 17:43 CuSToM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2012 17:29 Angelbelow wrote:
On January 20 2012 17:19 CuSToM wrote:
On January 20 2012 17:08 Angelbelow wrote:
On January 20 2012 16:59 CuSToM wrote:
On January 20 2012 16:49 dmnum wrote:
On January 20 2012 16:45 CuSToM wrote:
On January 20 2012 16:38 dmnum wrote:
On January 20 2012 16:30 CuSToM wrote:
On January 20 2012 16:17 dmnum wrote:
[quote]
You said any stories coming up wouldn't change people's opinion regarding coach lee. I told you to read virgil's post. You clearly didn't, otherwise you would have seen that Virgil, as he stated in his post in this thread, was a huge fan of TSL and a friend of coach lee's. After these two threads he has said that he can no longer support TSL because of the shady stuff going behind the scenes. I hope the point got across now.


Well you shouldn't let one person speak for everybody. I will be staying up until 3 AM to watch TSL in the GSTL and its players in the GSL until the team no longer exists.

Just because the coach / manager of the team turns out to not be a patron saint doesn't mean I am going to forget about the past year and a half I have spent staying up and cheering for TSL, and then put all the Starcraft II teams names into a hat and pick a new team to follow.

I think the reason virgil "doesn't support" TSL anymore has nothing to with players.

"The Team SCV Life (TSL) is a top Korean StarCraft 2 team. It was founded by former MBC Heroes coach Lee Woon Jae.[1]" - From liquipedia

TSL was based highly around the figure of coach lee, and now that these things are turning up and assuming he resignes, the team needs to change it's name, for better or for worse. Either way, as soon as coach lee is no longer associated with the team I think virgil will go back to being TSL(Or whatever new name they may adapt)#1 fan.


Edit: Virgil just posted. Glad I understood what he meant all along, otherwise I would look like giant asshat.


Okay you missed my point. I don't care what Virgil wrote or how he feels about the team because it has nothing to do with my interests.

I was simply agreeing with the point that guy said about "you either like Coach Lee, like Rekrul, or don't care and you will continue to feel that way when this is all over". You said that wasn't the case because of a blog somebody wrote, which isn't true (for me at least).

edit: worded poorly the first time

Yeah, but will you still support coach lee?


My attraction to TSL had nothing to do with Coach Lee, I originally started following the team because of Tester. Tester left and went to a different team but that didn't change anything for me, even though the reason I supported the team in the first place was gone.

How do you support a team but not the coach? What does that even mean? Do I question his decisions in GSTL and complain about him in live report threads? When a player leaves his team am I happy that Coach Lee lost them, even though a player left my favorite team? How do I protest against Coach Lee but still support my favorite team? If Coach Lee left TSL, fine. If all of the players on the team left TSL and Coach Lee acquired a new roster, fine. As long as Team SCV Life is a functioning organization (in some capacity since the argument can be made that isn't the case right now) they will remain the team I support.




You are the definition of "Blind fanboyism." But if your fine with that and willing to admit it, then by all means, cheer on.


Do you have any idea what "blind fanboyism" even means? Because I am not a band-wagon hopping person or a fair weather fan that makes me a blind fanboy? You realize we are posting on Team Liquid right? The same site where some guy gets a fan club because he can cover an entire map in creep.

Should Laker fans have stopped supporting their team when Kobe raped a woman? Or Raven fans when Ray Lewis was suspected of murder? What about Penn State fans, students and alumni? Should they stop supporting their university because the figurehead of the entire school knowingly harbored a child molester?

All I'm saying is I'm not going to stop supporting my favorite Starcraft team just because Coach Lee is a dick. I wasn't some kind of concierge to the team like Virgil was. For the second time none of my posts have anything to do with him lol.


I just re-read your post. "Blind fanboyism" is not the right term. Apologies for that. Just so I'm understanding your position better, you will remain a fan of TSL regardless of their players, management, negative press surrounding their team right? So you're basically a fan of the team TSL and not necessarily their substance or the make up of the team right?


Isn't that how it normally works? I'm from Chicago and am 23, so I watched the second set of the Bulls' three-peat. They are still my favorite NBA team even though nobody from that era is still on the team or apart of it (with the exception of the owner who ran that team into the ground anyways).

TSL's original players (Tester dominating the beta, Cliiiiiiiiiiide, Fruitdealer's cinderella GSL run, Sangho doing Nexus first builds in GSL2) are what made me cheer for the team in the first place, but they're all gone now. Being a spectator of a sport isn't fun unless you have a team to follow. Keeping up on transactions, paying attention to players in the Korean weeklies, Code A qualifiers etc. There will always be something that connects present TSL to past TSL. Revival is still on the team who was apart of their original GSTL teams. Revival will play in the GSTL with these new guys, and when / if Revival leaves some of those guys will be left. There is an entire new set of players I will get to know and watch this season, and some of those guys will be around when new players join and old players leave. That's how it works.

Wasn't there some blog posted a while ago that was linked in a GSTL write up about why it's fun to follow a team instead of individual players? Try finding that and read it, then maybe you will understand why I feel the way I do.


Your position makes a ton more sense, what really confused me was this post from you:

+ Show Spoiler +
I was simply agreeing with the point that guy said about "you either like Coach Lee, like Rekrul, or don't care and you will continue to feel that way when this is all over". You said that wasn't the case because of a blog somebody wrote, which isn't true (for me at least).


I interpreted that entire post as your continued support for Coach Lee. That was my mistake.

Seem like you are I aren't that different when it comes to sports, I'm also a huge fan of the NBA. I got really in the sc2 scene because I wanted to get better at laddering and because the of the lockout. Now that the NBA's back, I'm trying to balance time between the two because of how much fun I had getting to know the pro/competitive scene. My favorite team is the Spurs. Not sure if you are aware of our situation, but I spent all of last season pulling out my hair cause Popovich refused to play Splitter and insisted on Bonner for 20+ minutes a game. Bonner is probably worse than Scalabrine (Threw his name in so maybe you can relate.) The playoffs were the worse, getting dominated by Randolph, m Gasol (and even Darell Arthur). Even though our championship hopes are probably over, I'm still a loyal fan so I can certain relate/appreciate your position.

BUT.. I don't think we're at a point where we can compare infant teams like TSL those in the NBA (or any long standing professional teams for that matter.) Kobe Bryants rape trial crushes his own image, not the Lakers. The Lakers have too rich of a history for something like that to harm them. Coach Lees fuck up will likely end their team all-together. They'll have a difficult time keeping and recruiting players, maintaining sponsorships, garnering enough fan support as long as Lee is there. Even if they remove Lee, its serves them best to change their name and have a fresh start, so the brand of TSL will likely change too.

So while I understand the notion of rooting for the team, I don't see the motivation behind staying with a sinking team. As much as you want to brush off the Coach Lee situation as "too bad for him but I'm still with TSL.." Coach Lee is TSL and his reputation is going to affect the outcome of that team. I don't think their foundation is strong enough to withstand all the damage that's been done. That's just my 2 cents.
You may delay, but time will not. Current Music obsession: Opeth
Wolf
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Korea (South)3290 Posts
January 20 2012 09:13 GMT
#248
Thank you.
Commentatorhttp://twitter.com/proxywolf
TL+ Member
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
January 20 2012 09:18 GMT
#249
It seemed quite unlikely for the points 1 and 2 of the original story to be were accurate, but apparently critical thinking goes out of the window when someone has "100% accuracy"
Jojo131
Profile Joined January 2011
Brazil1631 Posts
January 20 2012 09:20 GMT
#250
On January 20 2012 17:55 yosisoy wrote:
Like anyone with their head connected to their body would take everything you originally wrote in the thread seriously without any proof.

Nice to see you're apologizing, though. We all do and say stupid shit sometimes.


Pretty much this, although please do take better care.
Turbulent times like these should be addressed as delicately as possible.
MetalSlug
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany443 Posts
January 20 2012 09:22 GMT
#251
So Rekrul was not 100% right this time ? Maybe even the TL mods will agree now that even gods among TL members have a error margin...
MKP | Maru | Nada | Boxer | Supernova | Keen
brachester
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia1786 Posts
January 20 2012 09:23 GMT
#252
can any one tell me what that thread was about?
I hate all this singing
Geo.Rion
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
7377 Posts
January 20 2012 09:39 GMT
#253
hm, this "correction" doesnt really contradict any of what u wrote previously
1. "desperatly" or not, matter of perspective, irrelevant really for me
2. you did not say the camera thing was a fact, u said u heard it, and not from Spunky, it could be true or false
3. iirc u wrote, they said "they would go back if they could" this doesnt mean they were being blackmailed, i didnt get that impression at all

So idontknow what's this big apology about, anyone with common sense could read what you wrote and understand what it was saying
"Protoss is a joke" Liquid`Jinro Okt.1. 2011
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27460 Posts
January 20 2012 09:42 GMT
#254
Got to love validation. While many were falling over themselves to worship at the altar of Rekrul, and dissenters were flamed for daring to question the information's source, the fence-sitters chose to ride it out and see where it went.

This isn't a bash at Rekrul either, but more a request for a bit more skepticism when these drama threads arise. Oh and you can be skeptical without indulging in retarded speculation or pseudo-psychiatry as well.

@Brachester, basically the original thread was Rekrul posting about Coach Lee's alleged shady conduct during the early days of this game, the acquisitions of Fruitdealer and Tester and the formation of TSL, that kind of thing.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
brachester
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia1786 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-20 09:47:07
January 20 2012 09:46 GMT
#255
On January 20 2012 18:42 Wombat_NI wrote:
Got to love validation. While many were falling over themselves to worship at the altar of Rekrul, and dissenters were flamed for daring to question the information's source, the fence-sitters chose to ride it out and see where it went.

This isn't a bash at Rekrul either, but more a request for a bit more skepticism when these drama threads arise. Oh and you can be skeptical without indulging in retarded speculation or pseudo-psychiatry as well.

@Brachester, basically the original thread was Rekrul posting about Coach Lee's alleged shady conduct during the early days of this game, the acquisitions of Fruitdealer and Tester and the formation of TSL, that kind of thing.

lol? what kind of shady conduct? i thought all of that was sorted out with FD&Tester appologies? Even Rekrul said those informations are incorrect in response to Monster's translated post.
Edit: god damn, hate it when people delete their post
I hate all this singing
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
January 20 2012 09:46 GMT
#256
I'm sure Rekrul had everyone's best intentions in mind. He was probably just mad at hypocrisy.
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
nGBeast
Profile Joined July 2010
United States914 Posts
January 20 2012 09:54 GMT
#257
On January 20 2012 18:46 Bill Murray wrote:
I'm sure Rekrul had everyone's best intentions in mind. He was probably just mad at hypocrisy.


Yeah stirring the pot is good intentions!
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27460 Posts
January 20 2012 09:59 GMT
#258
On January 20 2012 18:46 brachester wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2012 18:42 Wombat_NI wrote:
Got to love validation. While many were falling over themselves to worship at the altar of Rekrul, and dissenters were flamed for daring to question the information's source, the fence-sitters chose to ride it out and see where it went.

This isn't a bash at Rekrul either, but more a request for a bit more skepticism when these drama threads arise. Oh and you can be skeptical without indulging in retarded speculation or pseudo-psychiatry as well.

@Brachester, basically the original thread was Rekrul posting about Coach Lee's alleged shady conduct during the early days of this game, the acquisitions of Fruitdealer and Tester and the formation of TSL, that kind of thing.

lol? what kind of shady conduct? i thought all of that was sorted out with FD&Tester appologies? Even Rekrul said those informations are incorrect in response to Monster's translated post.
Edit: god damn, hate it when people delete their post

Em if memory serves to summarise - Lee moved into the oGs house, then signed FD + Tester to contracts under their nose, and alleged that he had hidden cameras in the hope of blackmailing an understandably angry Spunky. Rekrul withdrew some of these allegations with this thread and said the thread was borderline libelous so I'm only repeating them here in the interests of getting you up to speed.

I think the drama in this case was buried with apologies from FD and Tester, either for the good of the nascent scene or perhaps genuinely hatchets had been buried. I believe it has resurfaced as a counterbalance to much of the 'oh but Coach Lee is such a good guy' on the Alive related threads.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
halfies
Profile Joined November 2011
United Kingdom327 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-20 10:07:24
January 20 2012 10:05 GMT
#259
well, all i can say is that it seems that theres a lot of bullshit going around at the moment, and everyone seems to be scared to speak up for fear of 'damaging esports'
the spreading of rumors and the withdrawal of them soon after is whats damaging esports.
pookadin
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia422 Posts
January 20 2012 10:07 GMT
#260
I did not see the original thread which has now been deleted by Rekul. But is there any shred of truth in anything (I gather) that Rekul said? I just wonder how Virgil could be shaken if these are all false?

TSL was my favourite team but all my favorite players left TSL now
*JYP* #1 fan! ♥♥ twitter~ @Pookadin
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 24 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 51m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech122
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5770
Bisu 2899
Jaedong 1091
Horang2 578
EffOrt 524
Mini 402
actioN 333
Larva 273
ZerO 230
ggaemo 206
[ Show more ]
Yoon 107
Shinee 99
Mind 95
Pusan 86
hero 74
Dewaltoss 63
Snow 63
Hyun 62
Sharp 61
Bale 48
Barracks 46
sorry 40
ToSsGirL 35
Sacsri 19
Trap 19
scan(afreeca) 17
NaDa 13
Rock 12
zelot 11
Noble 9
Terrorterran 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Icarus 7
Dota 2
Gorgc4765
qojqva2275
Dendi1211
Counter-Strike
Fnx 6
Other Games
olofmeister1360
hiko939
B2W.Neo706
Lowko365
crisheroes300
DeMusliM278
XBOCT232
Pyrionflax213
Liquid`VortiX186
Livibee184
Hui .177
QueenE87
Mew2King52
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 49
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV670
League of Legends
• Jankos2091
• Nemesis2051
• TFBlade595
Other Games
• Shiphtur63
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
9h 51m
Patches Events
1d 1h
The PondCast
1d 19h
INu's Battles
1d 20h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.