• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:07
CEST 17:07
KST 00:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9568 users

Apologies for Incorrect Information - Page 10

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 24 Next All
GreyKnight
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4720 Posts
January 20 2012 07:13 GMT
#181
this fiasco shows more about how this community is a dog on a leash than coach lee being a hypocrite
dmnum
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Brazil6910 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-20 07:19:31
January 20 2012 07:17 GMT
#182
On January 20 2012 15:44 vasculaR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2012 15:37 dmnum wrote:
On January 20 2012 15:33 vasculaR wrote:
either you
A) like rekrul
B) like Coach Lee
C) don't care.
Any story or truths will come out but it wouldn't change your A, B or C.

You should go back and read virgil's post.


I can't see your point because you did not make any.

You said any stories coming up wouldn't change people's opinion regarding coach lee. I told you to read virgil's post. You clearly didn't, otherwise you would have seen that Virgil, as he stated in his post in this thread, was a huge fan of TSL and a friend of coach lee's. After these two threads he has said that he can no longer support TSL because of the shady stuff going behind the scenes. I hope the point got across now.
MrSkyfire
Profile Joined January 2012
13 Posts
January 20 2012 07:19 GMT
#183
On January 20 2012 16:12 Subversive wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2012 15:52 Rayeth wrote:
Pretty weak IMO. Not really sure how it counts as libel for stating somethings that you think. TBH not sure how any forum post counts as posting facts as this is not really a news site. BUt I guess the laws in Korea are different somehow? Can they get you for a post on a non-Korean internet forum? Weird.

If it's something he thinks is true he should just leave it there, if it isn't what he thinks why post it in the first place? If it was rumors or whatnot just put that in there and you're good. No reason to delete the thread.

A politician was sued in the UK for posting a defamatory tweet about his opponent. Sued for about 30K pounds iirc. Definitely counts as published in a fair few countries. Just because this is tl and not a news site doesn't make a difference :p.

Show nested quote +
On January 20 2012 16:01 MrSkyfire wrote:
I dont believe this. Rekrul has reputation for always being right. I think what happened is Lee read korean version and is blackmailing people again. Isnt spunky doing poker? or in the past sometime? Lee probably blackmailing him saying that 'if I go down, you go down too' (cuz gambling illegal) and spunky tell rekrul to take down post so he doesnt wind up in shit. Why would rekrul post half assed apology so fast and get post delete so quick? It doesnt make sense unless blackmailed.

OR he got a letter/phone call from Lee's lawyer. That seems 10x more likely than spunky is being black-mailed.

If rekrul is lying sure

But why would rekrul lie? He has nothing to gain. If you listen to SOTG then you know lee is probably a shady character, I dont think he wants the law involved - especially if what rek said was true.

If rek is telling the truth - blackmail more likely
If rek is lying - probably lawyer, but I really dont think so
ABear
Profile Joined June 2006
United States161 Posts
January 20 2012 07:21 GMT
#184
On January 20 2012 16:01 MrSkyfire wrote:
I dont believe this. Rekrul has reputation for always being right. I think what happened is Lee read korean version and is blackmailing people again. Isnt spunky doing poker? or in the past sometime? Lee probably blackmailing him saying that 'if I go down, you go down too' (cuz gambling illegal) and spunky tell rekrul to take down post so he doesnt wind up in shit. Why would rekrul post half assed apology so fast and get post delete so quick? It doesnt make sense unless blackmailed.

true, it is strange and unprecedented for rekrul to post a retraction like this. but then again this thread only has minor retractions involved >_< most likely everything rekrul posted originally was what he had highly likely believed to be true, or else he wouldn't have posted it. the only thing from this thread that I believe is a legit retraction is the fact that coach lee didn't really live there but just stayed there for periods.
LilClinkin
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Australia667 Posts
January 20 2012 07:22 GMT
#185
If you're going to take a huge dump on some ones reputation in a very public forum like this, you owe it to them to at least deliver a somewhat non-biased, factual-based sequence of events pertaining to the situation. TL celebrity or not, what Rekrul posted was immature hyperbole. Regardless of how much of a saint/devil coach Lee is, IDK why most people here are just lapping this up and forgiving Rekrul with a gentle pat on the back.
vasculaR
Profile Joined March 2011
Malaysia791 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-20 07:26:29
January 20 2012 07:23 GMT
#186
On January 20 2012 16:17 dmnum wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2012 15:44 vasculaR wrote:
On January 20 2012 15:37 dmnum wrote:
On January 20 2012 15:33 vasculaR wrote:
either you
A) like rekrul
B) like Coach Lee
C) don't care.
Any story or truths will come out but it wouldn't change your A, B or C.

You should go back and read virgil's post.


I can't see your point because you did not make any.

You said any stories coming up wouldn't change people's opinion regarding coach lee. I told you to read virgil's post. You clearly didn't, otherwise you would have seen that Virgil, as he stated in his post in this thread, was a huge fan of TSL and a friend of coach lee's. After these two threads he has said that he can no longer support TSL because of the shady stuff going behind the scenes. I hope the point got across now.


edit : nvm found it.
I see.
Well, good for Virgil and apologies to you.
Song Ji Hyo hwaiting!
Subversive
Profile Joined October 2009
Australia2229 Posts
January 20 2012 07:25 GMT
#187
On January 20 2012 16:19 MrSkyfire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2012 16:12 Subversive wrote:
On January 20 2012 15:52 Rayeth wrote:
Pretty weak IMO. Not really sure how it counts as libel for stating somethings that you think. TBH not sure how any forum post counts as posting facts as this is not really a news site. BUt I guess the laws in Korea are different somehow? Can they get you for a post on a non-Korean internet forum? Weird.

If it's something he thinks is true he should just leave it there, if it isn't what he thinks why post it in the first place? If it was rumors or whatnot just put that in there and you're good. No reason to delete the thread.

A politician was sued in the UK for posting a defamatory tweet about his opponent. Sued for about 30K pounds iirc. Definitely counts as published in a fair few countries. Just because this is tl and not a news site doesn't make a difference :p.

On January 20 2012 16:01 MrSkyfire wrote:
I dont believe this. Rekrul has reputation for always being right. I think what happened is Lee read korean version and is blackmailing people again. Isnt spunky doing poker? or in the past sometime? Lee probably blackmailing him saying that 'if I go down, you go down too' (cuz gambling illegal) and spunky tell rekrul to take down post so he doesnt wind up in shit. Why would rekrul post half assed apology so fast and get post delete so quick? It doesnt make sense unless blackmailed.

OR he got a letter/phone call from Lee's lawyer. That seems 10x more likely than spunky is being black-mailed.

If rekrul is lying sure

But why would rekrul lie? He has nothing to gain. If you listen to SOTG then you know lee is probably a shady character, I dont think he wants the law involved - especially if what rek said was true.

If rek is telling the truth - blackmail more likely
If rek is lying - probably lawyer, but I really dont think so

I don't believe Rekrul was intentionally lying when he made his first post. However, that doesn't mean he didn't defame Coach Lee in law.

Coach Lee has next to nothing to hide. This article by Rekrul is already out there now. If he could sue, which he may not be able to do, I think he would. Even if it's uncertain, a letter threatening legal action would make most people revise what they said, especially if it turned out they had listened to rumours which were in no way true. No one goes to court unless they have something to gain.
#1 Great fan ~ // Khan // FlaSh // JangBi // EffOrt //
hunts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2113 Posts
January 20 2012 07:26 GMT
#188
On January 20 2012 15:41 windsupernova wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2012 15:38 Xxavi wrote:
On January 20 2012 15:36 Eulerzman wrote:
I am not taking the opposite side. I dont give a crap either way about Lee tbh. I just think if someone is supposed to be giving an apology for screwing things up he just give a real apology not some half assed "but im still right" statement.

I think he is forced to right that apology, so obviously it is not sincere. Because he is in Korea, he can be sued for any information on internet.

I am sure if he were in America and coach Lee contacted and demanded apology, he'd laugh to his face and say "fuck off". I'd do that.


You can be sued for this in America too?_?

Especially if he can make a case that this can hamper his career.The only difference is that you are more anonymous.


Yeah basically. If what rekrul said is not true, he could be sued for defamation of character, but if it's not true I don't see why he'd need coach lee to force him to apologize so I highly doubt that's what happened. And if what he said was true, then obviously coach lee would have no way to make him apologize, since you can't stop someone from saying the truth about you.
twitch.tv/huntstv 7x legend streamer
Angelbelow
Profile Joined September 2010
United States3728 Posts
January 20 2012 07:26 GMT
#189
On January 20 2012 16:01 MrSkyfire wrote:
I dont believe this. Rekrul has reputation for always being right. I think what happened is Lee read korean version and is blackmailing people again. Isnt spunky doing poker? or in the past sometime? Lee probably blackmailing him saying that 'if I go down, you go down too' (cuz gambling illegal) and spunky tell rekrul to take down post so he doesnt wind up in shit. Why would rekrul post half assed apology so fast and get post delete so quick? It doesnt make sense unless blackmailed.


I semi-agree with what youre saying. The apology seems too formal. My guess is that what he posted was too much of an exaggeration so he decided to cut out the extra stuff and just get to the bottom line. In the process, he probably realized that what he said is too defamatory and there could be unnecessary repercussions. But the good news is that main point that he was trying to get across is still crystal clear.
You may delay, but time will not. Current Music obsession: Opeth
Subversive
Profile Joined October 2009
Australia2229 Posts
January 20 2012 07:27 GMT
#190
On January 20 2012 16:26 hunts wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2012 15:41 windsupernova wrote:
On January 20 2012 15:38 Xxavi wrote:
On January 20 2012 15:36 Eulerzman wrote:
I am not taking the opposite side. I dont give a crap either way about Lee tbh. I just think if someone is supposed to be giving an apology for screwing things up he just give a real apology not some half assed "but im still right" statement.

I think he is forced to right that apology, so obviously it is not sincere. Because he is in Korea, he can be sued for any information on internet.

I am sure if he were in America and coach Lee contacted and demanded apology, he'd laugh to his face and say "fuck off". I'd do that.


You can be sued for this in America too?_?

Especially if he can make a case that this can hamper his career.The only difference is that you are more anonymous.


Yeah basically. If what rekrul said is not true, he could be sued for defamation of character, but if it's not true I don't see why he'd need coach lee to force him to apologize so I highly doubt that's what happened. And if what he said was true, then obviously coach lee would have no way to make him apologize, since you can't stop someone from saying the truth about you.

Look, parts of what he said weren't true. He says as much in the OP!
#1 Great fan ~ // Khan // FlaSh // JangBi // EffOrt //
MrSkyfire
Profile Joined January 2012
13 Posts
January 20 2012 07:28 GMT
#191
On January 20 2012 16:25 Subversive wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2012 16:19 MrSkyfire wrote:
On January 20 2012 16:12 Subversive wrote:
On January 20 2012 15:52 Rayeth wrote:
Pretty weak IMO. Not really sure how it counts as libel for stating somethings that you think. TBH not sure how any forum post counts as posting facts as this is not really a news site. BUt I guess the laws in Korea are different somehow? Can they get you for a post on a non-Korean internet forum? Weird.

If it's something he thinks is true he should just leave it there, if it isn't what he thinks why post it in the first place? If it was rumors or whatnot just put that in there and you're good. No reason to delete the thread.

A politician was sued in the UK for posting a defamatory tweet about his opponent. Sued for about 30K pounds iirc. Definitely counts as published in a fair few countries. Just because this is tl and not a news site doesn't make a difference :p.

On January 20 2012 16:01 MrSkyfire wrote:
I dont believe this. Rekrul has reputation for always being right. I think what happened is Lee read korean version and is blackmailing people again. Isnt spunky doing poker? or in the past sometime? Lee probably blackmailing him saying that 'if I go down, you go down too' (cuz gambling illegal) and spunky tell rekrul to take down post so he doesnt wind up in shit. Why would rekrul post half assed apology so fast and get post delete so quick? It doesnt make sense unless blackmailed.

OR he got a letter/phone call from Lee's lawyer. That seems 10x more likely than spunky is being black-mailed.

If rekrul is lying sure

But why would rekrul lie? He has nothing to gain. If you listen to SOTG then you know lee is probably a shady character, I dont think he wants the law involved - especially if what rek said was true.

If rek is telling the truth - blackmail more likely
If rek is lying - probably lawyer, but I really dont think so

I don't believe Rekrul was intentionally lying when he made his first post. However, that doesn't mean he didn't defame Coach Lee in law.

Coach Lee has next to nothing to hide. This article by Rekrul is already out there now. If he could sue, which he may not be able to do, I think he would. Even if it's uncertain, a letter threatening legal action would make most people revise what they said, especially if it turned out they had listened to rumours which were in no way true. No one goes to court unless they have something to gain.

mmmm maybe you right (:
I_Love_Bacon
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5765 Posts
January 20 2012 07:29 GMT
#192
On January 20 2012 16:22 LilClinkin wrote:
If you're going to take a huge dump on some ones reputation in a very public forum like this, you owe it to them to at least deliver a somewhat non-biased, factual-based sequence of events pertaining to the situation. TL celebrity or not, what Rekrul posted was immature hyperbole. Regardless of how much of a saint/devil coach Lee is, IDK why most people here are just lapping this up and forgiving Rekrul with a gentle pat on the back.


Because while parts of his story were incorrect, the underlying events and hypocritical actions by Lee have not been redacted from the story. Should have have stuck to the facts? Sure, but that doesn't mean you condemn and vilify Rek for still getting news out there. He had the balls to redact the statements that he found out were incorrect.

Rekrul didn't fly off the handle posting an entirely unsubstantiated story filled with inaccuracies and blatant lies. He posted a story that was meant to demonstrate the hypocritical actions of Coach Lee, but he did have some misinformation that he had not confirmed as factual.

Keep in mind that Rekrul is also not a journalist. His standards are his own and he doesn't owe it to the community to reveal sources, issue corrections, or even post any news at all; but he chooses to do so.
" i havent been playin sc2 but i woke up w/ a boner and i really had to pee... and my crisis management and micro was really something to behold. it inspired me to play some games today" -Liquid'Tyler
hunts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2113 Posts
January 20 2012 07:29 GMT
#193
On January 20 2012 16:27 Subversive wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2012 16:26 hunts wrote:
On January 20 2012 15:41 windsupernova wrote:
On January 20 2012 15:38 Xxavi wrote:
On January 20 2012 15:36 Eulerzman wrote:
I am not taking the opposite side. I dont give a crap either way about Lee tbh. I just think if someone is supposed to be giving an apology for screwing things up he just give a real apology not some half assed "but im still right" statement.

I think he is forced to right that apology, so obviously it is not sincere. Because he is in Korea, he can be sued for any information on internet.

I am sure if he were in America and coach Lee contacted and demanded apology, he'd laugh to his face and say "fuck off". I'd do that.


You can be sued for this in America too?_?

Especially if he can make a case that this can hamper his career.The only difference is that you are more anonymous.


Yeah basically. If what rekrul said is not true, he could be sued for defamation of character, but if it's not true I don't see why he'd need coach lee to force him to apologize so I highly doubt that's what happened. And if what he said was true, then obviously coach lee would have no way to make him apologize, since you can't stop someone from saying the truth about you.

Look, parts of what he said weren't true. He says as much in the OP!


I know, I was trying to explain to the guy who said you can get away with making false accusations about someone in america. I was explaining to him that by doing so, in a situation like this where it damages ones character, you can be sued for it in america too and it's not just "korean crazy laws" as he seems to think. I was also agreeing with the person I quoted, who was trying to explain the same thing basically.
twitch.tv/huntstv 7x legend streamer
CuSToM
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1478 Posts
January 20 2012 07:30 GMT
#194
On January 20 2012 16:17 dmnum wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2012 15:44 vasculaR wrote:
On January 20 2012 15:37 dmnum wrote:
On January 20 2012 15:33 vasculaR wrote:
either you
A) like rekrul
B) like Coach Lee
C) don't care.
Any story or truths will come out but it wouldn't change your A, B or C.

You should go back and read virgil's post.


I can't see your point because you did not make any.

You said any stories coming up wouldn't change people's opinion regarding coach lee. I told you to read virgil's post. You clearly didn't, otherwise you would have seen that Virgil, as he stated in his post in this thread, was a huge fan of TSL and a friend of coach lee's. After these two threads he has said that he can no longer support TSL because of the shady stuff going behind the scenes. I hope the point got across now.


Well you shouldn't let one person speak for everybody. I will be staying up until 3 AM to watch TSL in the GSTL and its players in the GSL until the team no longer exists.

Just because the coach / manager of the team turns out to not be a patron saint doesn't mean I am going to forget about the past year and a half I have spent staying up and cheering for TSL, and then put all the Starcraft II teams names into a hat and pick a new team to follow.
Team SCV Life #1
GreyKnight
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4720 Posts
January 20 2012 07:30 GMT
#195
On January 20 2012 16:19 MrSkyfire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2012 16:12 Subversive wrote:
On January 20 2012 15:52 Rayeth wrote:
Pretty weak IMO. Not really sure how it counts as libel for stating somethings that you think. TBH not sure how any forum post counts as posting facts as this is not really a news site. BUt I guess the laws in Korea are different somehow? Can they get you for a post on a non-Korean internet forum? Weird.

If it's something he thinks is true he should just leave it there, if it isn't what he thinks why post it in the first place? If it was rumors or whatnot just put that in there and you're good. No reason to delete the thread.

A politician was sued in the UK for posting a defamatory tweet about his opponent. Sued for about 30K pounds iirc. Definitely counts as published in a fair few countries. Just because this is tl and not a news site doesn't make a difference :p.

On January 20 2012 16:01 MrSkyfire wrote:
I dont believe this. Rekrul has reputation for always being right. I think what happened is Lee read korean version and is blackmailing people again. Isnt spunky doing poker? or in the past sometime? Lee probably blackmailing him saying that 'if I go down, you go down too' (cuz gambling illegal) and spunky tell rekrul to take down post so he doesnt wind up in shit. Why would rekrul post half assed apology so fast and get post delete so quick? It doesnt make sense unless blackmailed.

OR he got a letter/phone call from Lee's lawyer. That seems 10x more likely than spunky is being black-mailed.

If rekrul is lying sure

But why would rekrul lie? He has nothing to gain. If you listen to SOTG then you know lee is probably a shady character, I dont think he wants the law involved - especially if what rek said was true.

If rek is telling the truth - blackmail more likely
If rek is lying - probably lawyer, but I really dont think so


He lies so he can cause the giant shitstorm and get attention? look at how many posts there are on that thread than this one.

not saying that's what he does.
VirgilSC2
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States6151 Posts
January 20 2012 07:34 GMT
#196
On January 20 2012 16:30 CuSToM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2012 16:17 dmnum wrote:
On January 20 2012 15:44 vasculaR wrote:
On January 20 2012 15:37 dmnum wrote:
On January 20 2012 15:33 vasculaR wrote:
either you
A) like rekrul
B) like Coach Lee
C) don't care.
Any story or truths will come out but it wouldn't change your A, B or C.

You should go back and read virgil's post.


I can't see your point because you did not make any.

You said any stories coming up wouldn't change people's opinion regarding coach lee. I told you to read virgil's post. You clearly didn't, otherwise you would have seen that Virgil, as he stated in his post in this thread, was a huge fan of TSL and a friend of coach lee's. After these two threads he has said that he can no longer support TSL because of the shady stuff going behind the scenes. I hope the point got across now.


Well you shouldn't let one person speak for everybody. I will be staying up until 3 AM to watch TSL in the GSTL and its players in the GSL until the team no longer exists.

Just because the coach / manager of the team turns out to not be a patron saint doesn't mean I am going to forget about the past year and a half I have spent staying up and cheering for TSL, and then put all the Starcraft II teams names into a hat and pick a new team to follow.

I also didn't say that I was going to stop cheering for TSL. I said I could no longer support Coach Lee knowing these things, and that I didn't plan on giving up on my favorite players from this team.
Clarity Gaming #1 Fan | Avid MTG Grinder | @VirgilSC2
Fighter
Profile Joined August 2010
Korea (South)1531 Posts
January 20 2012 07:36 GMT
#197
Ok... so the retractions make Coach Lee look a little bit less crazy.. but if everything else from the original thread is true then it still makes him look pretty bad.

Why not post the rest of it? The things that ARE true? Clearing up misinformation is great, but don't let it guilt you into not admitting everything else he ACTUALLY did.
For Aiur???
dmnum
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Brazil6910 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-20 07:39:35
January 20 2012 07:38 GMT
#198
On January 20 2012 16:30 CuSToM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2012 16:17 dmnum wrote:
On January 20 2012 15:44 vasculaR wrote:
On January 20 2012 15:37 dmnum wrote:
On January 20 2012 15:33 vasculaR wrote:
either you
A) like rekrul
B) like Coach Lee
C) don't care.
Any story or truths will come out but it wouldn't change your A, B or C.

You should go back and read virgil's post.


I can't see your point because you did not make any.

You said any stories coming up wouldn't change people's opinion regarding coach lee. I told you to read virgil's post. You clearly didn't, otherwise you would have seen that Virgil, as he stated in his post in this thread, was a huge fan of TSL and a friend of coach lee's. After these two threads he has said that he can no longer support TSL because of the shady stuff going behind the scenes. I hope the point got across now.


Well you shouldn't let one person speak for everybody. I will be staying up until 3 AM to watch TSL in the GSTL and its players in the GSL until the team no longer exists.

Just because the coach / manager of the team turns out to not be a patron saint doesn't mean I am going to forget about the past year and a half I have spent staying up and cheering for TSL, and then put all the Starcraft II teams names into a hat and pick a new team to follow.

I think the reason virgil "doesn't support" TSL anymore has nothing to with players.

"The Team SCV Life (TSL) is a top Korean StarCraft 2 team. It was founded by former MBC Heroes coach Lee Woon Jae.[1]" - From liquipedia

TSL was based highly around the figure of coach lee, and now that these things are turning up and assuming he resignes, the team needs to change it's name, for better or for worse. Either way, as soon as coach lee is no longer associated with the team I think virgil will go back to being TSL(Or whatever new name they may adapt)#1 fan.


Edit: Virgil just posted. Glad I understood what he meant all along, otherwise I would look like giant asshat.
kusto
Profile Joined November 2010
Russian Federation823 Posts
January 20 2012 07:40 GMT
#199
As annoyed as i am by all this issue, i really want to write this to you, Rekrul:
You seriously should consider writing in another 'style' if you state such things, and not kick off with a troll bait ("lol SC2 sucks").

The Mod staff of TL now wouldn't be sitting around with dunce hats after defending your positions so fervidly.

That being said, my interest in posting this is not TSL or you, but rather the conductance of the TL mod staff, which i respect, excluding this case.
the game is the game
shadymmj
Profile Joined June 2010
1906 Posts
January 20 2012 07:40 GMT
#200
On January 20 2012 16:29 I_Love_Bacon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2012 16:22 LilClinkin wrote:
If you're going to take a huge dump on some ones reputation in a very public forum like this, you owe it to them to at least deliver a somewhat non-biased, factual-based sequence of events pertaining to the situation. TL celebrity or not, what Rekrul posted was immature hyperbole. Regardless of how much of a saint/devil coach Lee is, IDK why most people here are just lapping this up and forgiving Rekrul with a gentle pat on the back.


Rekrul didn't fly off the handle posting an entirely unsubstantiated story filled with inaccuracies and blatant lies. He posted a story that was meant to demonstrate the hypocritical actions of Coach Lee, but he did have some misinformation that he had not confirmed as factual.


I'm pretty sure his initial post qualifies as "flying off the handle" and was, by his own admission, riddled with a number of inaccuracies.

Remember what happened when a certain someone posted an incorrectly translated summary of Mr Chae's comments on the infamous Naniwa incident? Thousands of angry swedish people suddenly showed up in the thread and turned it into a cesspool.

We don't need starcraft's equivalent of perez hilton operating outside the boundaries of good sense. Yes, he was right about the match fixing, thank you very much. But what's the harm in waiting for a clear statement from the parties involved? Why, do you want a medal for being a couple weeks early?
There is no such thing is "e-sports". There is Brood War, and then there is crap for nerds.
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 24 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 53m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech135
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5210
Bisu 2988
Soulkey 1614
Jaedong 727
EffOrt 612
Horang2 587
Mini 557
Larva 384
ZerO 296
actioN 256
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 242
Yoon 143
Mind 108
sorry 92
Sharp 83
Dewaltoss 81
hero 73
Barracks 73
Shinee 73
Pusan 57
Snow 54
Hyun 42
Bale 41
ToSsGirL 28
Trap 20
scan(afreeca) 19
Sacsri 15
Rock 14
NaDa 13
Terrorterran 13
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
zelot 8
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5686
qojqva2556
Dendi1194
420jenkins164
Counter-Strike
fl0m2369
Fnx 630
x6flipin231
Other Games
hiko948
Liquid`RaSZi842
B2W.Neo520
Lowko366
crisheroes299
DeMusliM280
Livibee196
XBOCT192
Liquid`VortiX187
QueenE98
Mew2King45
ZerO(Twitch)20
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 65
• mYiSmile130
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 48
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV702
League of Legends
• Nemesis3145
• TFBlade548
• Noizen143
Other Games
• Shiphtur308
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
8h 53m
Patches Events
1d
The PondCast
1d 18h
INu's Battles
1d 19h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.