• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:00
CEST 18:00
KST 01:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)74Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9082 users

Apologies for Incorrect Information - Page 9

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 24 Next All
babylon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
8765 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-20 06:38:43
January 20 2012 06:38 GMT
#161
On January 20 2012 15:36 Vei wrote:
So many people leave TSL compared to other teams, there has to be something up just the players are too shy/classy to tell the public.

I'm kinda finding it funny how a lot of this stuff has been speculated about by Korean pros, so they must know something's going on.
Oiseaux
Profile Joined May 2011
United States676 Posts
January 20 2012 06:38 GMT
#162
On January 20 2012 15:36 Eulerzman wrote:
I am not taking the opposite side. I dont give a crap either way about Lee tbh. I just think if someone is supposed to be giving an apology for screwing things up he should just give a real apology not some half assed "but im still right" statement.

The edit was to add in "should"


The thing is he IS still right.
"[S]o be ready to kiss a few donkeys with glued-on paper horns during your unicorn hunt." -Some stupid 4x4 magazine
-Kaiser-
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Canada932 Posts
January 20 2012 06:38 GMT
#163
I'm sure Rekrul learned a valuable lesson about sensationalism. It's a good thing he is who he is or this would be a bigger deal than it will end up being.
3 Hatch Before Cool
Xxavi
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1248 Posts
January 20 2012 06:38 GMT
#164
On January 20 2012 15:36 Eulerzman wrote:
I am not taking the opposite side. I dont give a crap either way about Lee tbh. I just think if someone is supposed to be giving an apology for screwing things up he just give a real apology not some half assed "but im still right" statement.

I think he is forced to right that apology, so obviously it is not sincere. Because he is in Korea, he can be sued for any information on internet.

I am sure if he were in America and coach Lee contacted and demanded apology, he'd laugh to his face and say "fuck off". I'd do that.
Love and Justice
Profile Joined August 2011
United States87 Posts
January 20 2012 06:39 GMT
#165
On January 20 2012 15:36 Vei wrote:
So many people leave TSL compared to other teams, there has to be something up just the players are too shy/classy to tell the public.


Accually Alive talked about some of the issues going on with TSL. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=304268
"No banglings, no problem." (ZeNEXLine)
Phyrigian
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
New Zealand1332 Posts
January 20 2012 06:40 GMT
#166
--- Nuked ---
windsupernova
Profile Joined October 2010
Mexico5280 Posts
January 20 2012 06:41 GMT
#167
On January 20 2012 15:38 Xxavi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2012 15:36 Eulerzman wrote:
I am not taking the opposite side. I dont give a crap either way about Lee tbh. I just think if someone is supposed to be giving an apology for screwing things up he just give a real apology not some half assed "but im still right" statement.

I think he is forced to right that apology, so obviously it is not sincere. Because he is in Korea, he can be sued for any information on internet.

I am sure if he were in America and coach Lee contacted and demanded apology, he'd laugh to his face and say "fuck off". I'd do that.


You can be sued for this in America too?_?

Especially if he can make a case that this can hamper his career.The only difference is that you are more anonymous.
"Its easy, just trust your CPU".-Boxer on being good at games
babylon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
8765 Posts
January 20 2012 06:42 GMT
#168
On January 20 2012 15:41 windsupernova wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2012 15:38 Xxavi wrote:
On January 20 2012 15:36 Eulerzman wrote:
I am not taking the opposite side. I dont give a crap either way about Lee tbh. I just think if someone is supposed to be giving an apology for screwing things up he just give a real apology not some half assed "but im still right" statement.

I think he is forced to right that apology, so obviously it is not sincere. Because he is in Korea, he can be sued for any information on internet.

I am sure if he were in America and coach Lee contacted and demanded apology, he'd laugh to his face and say "fuck off". I'd do that.


You can be sued for this in America too?_?

Especially if he can make a case that this can hamper his career.The only difference is that you are more anonymous.

I guess cross-continental suing is more difficult? Hahaha. Idk, I don't deal with law.
Ponyo
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States1231 Posts
January 20 2012 06:42 GMT
#169
Well Coach Lee is still the in wrong ! Happy I read it the first unedited time.
ponyo.848
vasculaR
Profile Joined March 2011
Malaysia791 Posts
January 20 2012 06:44 GMT
#170
On January 20 2012 15:37 dmnum wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2012 15:33 vasculaR wrote:
either you
A) like rekrul
B) like Coach Lee
C) don't care.
Any story or truths will come out but it wouldn't change your A, B or C.

You should go back and read virgil's post.


I can't see your point because you did not make any.
Song Ji Hyo hwaiting!
Angelbelow
Profile Joined September 2010
United States3728 Posts
January 20 2012 06:46 GMT
#171
On January 20 2012 15:17 Chill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2012 15:01 getSome[703] wrote:
Good post. Glad you are owning up to it.

However, I really didn't like that Chill basically said in the last post: "if you disagree with rekrul but have no evidence it is a bannable offense." Some of the stuff you said in that post really did seem over the top, and a lot of people called you out on it but were for the most part shouted down by moderators and forum vets. Yeah you do provide a lot of inside information.. but even a little research would have shown that some of your info was incorrect (Coach Lee wasn't desperate or whatever - I remember someone pointing to a link that said he ran a pc bang or something).

Also, I think it was a poor choice to delete the thread because now all the posts of the warnings/bans given for no reason are gone and everything I am quoting is from memory. I guess it is in the interest of the TL staff/you, but still kinda shady imo.

Edit:
Edit: having TL delete the entire thread as it is too libelous.


It definitely would have been better to put a disclaimer "THIS INFORMATION IS INCORRECT" at the top of the thread or something and lock it, with a link to this thread.

Yea well I didn't like that Rekrul said bullshit. WTF rekrul?

Edit: I can't overturn bans (only admins can) but they should obviously all be reversed.

Edit 2: It's not something I typically do. Just trusted Rekrul since he has a 100% success rate previous to this. People with no history here won't understand it and it's easy to say told you so. Anyways, sorry about that.


Ehh, they shouldn't be reversed. Maybe reconsidered. Some of them were clearly trolling but that's up to the admins to decide.
You may delay, but time will not. Current Music obsession: Opeth
tuho12345
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
4482 Posts
January 20 2012 06:46 GMT
#172
On January 20 2012 15:22 Oiseaux wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2012 15:18 Phyrigian wrote:
who cares if some things/rumours were not true, in the end the bottom line remains the same.

On January 20 2012 15:11 tuho12345 wrote:
I think the OP really fucked up by spreading wrong information that change the image and reputation of coach Lee and yourself. Think about this's the last time that I will ever read anything from you. If you wanna talk shit about others, at least speak the truths and be sure about it, not just I heard blah blah blah on the street.


who cares about what you think of rekrul, honestly? it's extremely condescending the way you wrote "i won't read anything from you again" when all of his previous claims or things hes heard have been correct? if you're going to talk shit and say "im not going to read anything you say blah blah", at least read what rekruls written before, because things like the matchfixing scandal were huge.


I honestly was just laughing at the post. I love how he refers to Rekrul as "the OP." I'll be the first to admit I'm a hardcore SC newbie (only been following SC2 for a year, read about BW history but never followed it). With that in mind, even I know who Rekrul is and that he's not just some scrub you can shrug off when he comes out with info like this.

bold: but he did pull some bullshit off and now apologize for it didn't he?
McFeser
Profile Joined July 2011
United States2458 Posts
January 20 2012 06:50 GMT
#173
On January 20 2012 15:42 babylon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2012 15:41 windsupernova wrote:
On January 20 2012 15:38 Xxavi wrote:
On January 20 2012 15:36 Eulerzman wrote:
I am not taking the opposite side. I dont give a crap either way about Lee tbh. I just think if someone is supposed to be giving an apology for screwing things up he just give a real apology not some half assed "but im still right" statement.

I think he is forced to right that apology, so obviously it is not sincere. Because he is in Korea, he can be sued for any information on internet.

I am sure if he were in America and coach Lee contacted and demanded apology, he'd laugh to his face and say "fuck off". I'd do that.


You can be sued for this in America too?_?

Especially if he can make a case that this can hamper his career.The only difference is that you are more anonymous.

I guess cross-continental suing is more difficult? Hahaha. Idk, I don't deal with law.

I don't know Korean Law at all but I'd guess in America it is a lot harder to prove what he said was slanderous. Rekrul could argue that he had good reason to believe what was said about Coach Lee was true and therefore he is completely protected under the law. In Korea, (I think but I don't know), the courts are more sensitive to slanderous things like what Rekrul posted.
Promethelax still hasn't changed his quote
Rayeth
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States883 Posts
January 20 2012 06:52 GMT
#174
Pretty weak IMO. Not really sure how it counts as libel for stating somethings that you think. TBH not sure how any forum post counts as posting facts as this is not really a news site. BUt I guess the laws in Korea are different somehow? Can they get you for a post on a non-Korean internet forum? Weird.

If it's something he thinks is true he should just leave it there, if it isn't what he thinks why post it in the first place? If it was rumors or whatnot just put that in there and you're good. No reason to delete the thread.
The Innocent shall suffer... big time.
MrSkyfire
Profile Joined January 2012
13 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-20 07:01:50
January 20 2012 07:01 GMT
#175
I dont believe this. Rekrul has reputation for always being right. I think what happened is Lee read korean version and is blackmailing people again. Isnt spunky doing poker? or in the past sometime? Lee probably blackmailing him saying that 'if I go down, you go down too' (cuz gambling illegal) and spunky tell rekrul to take down post so he doesnt wind up in shit. Why would rekrul post half assed apology so fast and get post delete so quick? It doesnt make sense unless blackmailed.
shadymmj
Profile Joined June 2010
1906 Posts
January 20 2012 07:02 GMT
#176
to apologise is all and well, but don't you think you should refrain from lashing out/rumour-mongering in the future in general chat? there is a blog section....
There is no such thing is "e-sports". There is Brood War, and then there is crap for nerds.
Agnosthar
Profile Joined August 2010
631 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-20 07:04:20
January 20 2012 07:04 GMT
#177
I love how in the original thread, people got shit all over by the 'veterans' for daring to question whether we could take Rekrul's word as law.

Hopefully this serves as notice to those of you that it's difficult for anyone to write without bias, and that no-one remembers events perfectly.
jubil
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2602 Posts
January 20 2012 07:07 GMT
#178
I'm sorry to see that there were misunderstandings going around. I hope we can get some real transparency around the issues, for the sake of the players involved. I hope any other Korean players or coaches who can confirm this (or deny it, i suppose) will come forward
Marineking-Polt-Maru-Fantasy-Solar-Xenocider-Suppy fighting!
Vansetsu
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States1454 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-20 07:11:14
January 20 2012 07:09 GMT
#179
On January 20 2012 15:52 Rayeth wrote:
Pretty weak IMO. Not really sure how it counts as libel for stating somethings that you think. TBH not sure how any forum post counts as posting facts as this is not really a news site. BUt I guess the laws in Korea are different somehow? Can they get you for a post on a non-Korean internet forum? Weird.

If it's something he thinks is true he should just leave it there, if it isn't what he thinks why post it in the first place? If it was rumors or whatnot just put that in there and you're good. No reason to delete the thread.



While Rek was a bit sensationalistic ect, I still think the bulk of his OP still holds merit for us.

I personally doubt he would have retracted any of it, but as soon as I heard someone mention "Korean Netizen" in the op, and as I simultaneously started thinking about Slayers Jessica suing teenagers on twitter... it REALLY doesn't seem out of place for a foreigner in Korea to not want to risk legal trouble and getting sued over gossip, and over something that can be argued as much more defamatory. Rek's a poker player remember? He knows when to fold em' :p
Only by overcoming many obstacles does a river become - デイヴィ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ド
Subversive
Profile Joined October 2009
Australia2229 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-20 07:13:25
January 20 2012 07:12 GMT
#180
On January 20 2012 15:52 Rayeth wrote:
Pretty weak IMO. Not really sure how it counts as libel for stating somethings that you think. TBH not sure how any forum post counts as posting facts as this is not really a news site. BUt I guess the laws in Korea are different somehow? Can they get you for a post on a non-Korean internet forum? Weird.

If it's something he thinks is true he should just leave it there, if it isn't what he thinks why post it in the first place? If it was rumors or whatnot just put that in there and you're good. No reason to delete the thread.

A politician was sued in the UK for posting a defamatory tweet about his opponent. Sued for about 30K pounds iirc. Definitely counts as published in a fair few countries. Just because this is tl and not a news site doesn't make a difference :p.

On January 20 2012 16:01 MrSkyfire wrote:
I dont believe this. Rekrul has reputation for always being right. I think what happened is Lee read korean version and is blackmailing people again. Isnt spunky doing poker? or in the past sometime? Lee probably blackmailing him saying that 'if I go down, you go down too' (cuz gambling illegal) and spunky tell rekrul to take down post so he doesnt wind up in shit. Why would rekrul post half assed apology so fast and get post delete so quick? It doesnt make sense unless blackmailed.

OR he got a letter/phone call from Lee's lawyer. That seems 10x more likely than spunky is being black-mailed.
#1 Great fan ~ // Khan // FlaSh // JangBi // EffOrt //
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 24 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech148
UpATreeSC 76
TKL 29
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5161
Bisu 1995
Soulkey 1567
EffOrt 769
Mini 574
Horang2 379
Larva 344
ZerO 300
actioN 245
ggaemo 244
[ Show more ]
Dewaltoss 97
Mind 96
sorry 85
hero 77
Shinee 67
Sharp 65
Sea.KH 60
Barracks 58
Pusan 57
Snow 52
Hyun 42
Bale 30
Trap 26
ToSsGirL 23
Rock 18
Terrorterran 18
NaDa 17
Sacsri 13
scan(afreeca) 13
Noble 10
zelot 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5500
qojqva2463
Dendi1281
420jenkins290
League of Legends
Reynor77
Counter-Strike
fl0m3074
x6flipin1212
Fnx 687
edward39
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes365
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1272
hiko1024
B2W.Neo448
DeMusliM299
XBOCT236
Livibee231
Liquid`VortiX206
QueenE103
FrodaN69
Mew2King43
ZerO(Twitch)18
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV72
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 76
• mYiSmile128
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 37
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV616
League of Legends
• Nemesis3487
• TFBlade612
Other Games
• Shiphtur453
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
8h
Patches Events
1d
The PondCast
1d 18h
INu's Battles
1d 19h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.