• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:55
CEST 17:55
KST 00:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)74Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9000 users

2013 - What are you reading? - Page 44

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 58 Next
Salteador Neo
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Andorra5591 Posts
October 29 2012 21:39 GMT
#861
I'm reading the Angel of Death triology by Brent Weeks. Got it from this thread like 90% of the books I've read in the past years =)
Revolutionist fan
Excelion
Profile Joined January 2011
Bulgaria59 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-31 15:27:44
October 31 2012 15:25 GMT
#862
[image loading]

Stanislav Lem : Solaris
Amazing story and I actually rarely read this genre. I'm almost at the end and I cant wait to go home and finish it. If anyone can recommend some other book with this kind of ...hmm how to put it storytelling, atmosphere I would be really greatful
Brainyac
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany199 Posts
October 31 2012 15:35 GMT
#863
[image loading]

Did read the Night Angel Trilogy beforehand and I just fking love it <3
Taeja Fighting! <3
Brainsurgeon
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden359 Posts
October 31 2012 15:36 GMT
#864
[image loading]
The Works of Oscar Wilde. Thought it was about bloody time.
Say no to drugs. Say yes to hugs!
Seiferz
Profile Joined May 2011
United States640 Posts
October 31 2012 16:12 GMT
#865
So I finally got around to finishing 1Q84. It is best to just take your time and read it super slowly else you will get sick of it like I did.

Does anyone know where I can get the original Japanese version?
ThomasjServo
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
15244 Posts
October 31 2012 16:29 GMT
#866
Currently got a few books cooking:

Puttering About in a Small Land- Phillip K. Dick

Storm of Swords- George RR Martin

The Mothman Prophecies- John Keel

One for the bus, one for home, one for the office. Keeps me busy on breaks. The PKD book is interesting thusfar as it is one of his few jaunts in the non sci-fi realm. GoT is GoT, not much to report there. The Mothman Prophecies satisfies the conspiracy nut in me, very much in line with a podcast I have been listening to for six or so years.
corumjhaelen
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
France6884 Posts
October 31 2012 16:34 GMT
#867
On November 01 2012 00:25 Excelion wrote:
[image loading]

Stanislav Lem : Solaris
Amazing story and I actually rarely read this genre. I'm almost at the end and I cant wait to go home and finish it. If anyone can recommend some other book with this kind of ...hmm how to put it storytelling, atmosphere I would be really greatful

I can't answer your question, but Tarkovski adapted this novel in a fascinatting movie, which I recommend warmly, despite the very slow first 30 mins.
‎numquam se plus agere quam nihil cum ageret, numquam minus solum esse quam cum solus esset
JieXian
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Malaysia4677 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-31 16:43:18
October 31 2012 16:38 GMT
#868
Don't know if anyone posted yet but I've been on this since 2008. Haven't finished it yet but it's already been a life changing experience. Probably never going to finish it.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading].


Best read of my life.




+ Show Spoiler +
For a real book,

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


atm

=(
Please send me a PM of any song you like that I most probably never heard of! I am looking for people to chat about writing and producing music | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noD-bsOcxuU |
yokohama
Profile Joined February 2005
United States1116 Posts
October 31 2012 16:52 GMT
#869
[image loading]

The Stand Uncut Edition. I'm about halfway through right now, amazing read so far.
Br0kensword
Profile Joined September 2012
United States35 Posts
October 31 2012 18:12 GMT
#870
Finished reading Bleak House not too long ago. It was my second attempt and I have to say it was much better then I thought it was going to be.
Merp..
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17849 Posts
October 31 2012 18:22 GMT
#871
[image loading]

Chronicles of the Black Company by Glen Cook

Trying it for the n-th time. All the previous ones ended in failure
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
Prugelhugel
Profile Joined February 2012
Austria637 Posts
October 31 2012 18:32 GMT
#872
[image loading]
Joseph Stiglitz: The price of inequality
It's a good book with some interesting thoughts, but he presents the whole topic pretty onesided and his writing style is a little bit too cynical.

On November 01 2012 00:25 Excelion wrote:
[image loading]

Stanislav Lem : Solaris
Amazing story and I actually rarely read this genre. I'm almost at the end and I cant wait to go home and finish it. If anyone can recommend some other book with this kind of ...hmm how to put it storytelling, atmosphere I would be really greatful

Lem is the best!
You may like "The invincible" too, it's very similar to Solaris. I would also recommend "Robot fairy tales" (Even though it is very different to Solaris and overall a totally crazy/twisted book, you would probably like it)
"This map definitly needs more rocks" - No SC2 player ever
Lann555
Profile Joined February 2010
Netherlands5173 Posts
October 31 2012 18:46 GMT
#873
On October 04 2012 05:26 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
Started Hyperion yesterday pretty cool so far. Dune meets Canterbury Tales.


Man, one of my favorite books of all time. I seriously suggest NOT reading Endymion and just pretend it doesn't exist. It's not very good imho
Fantasy Fan! Gogogo vultures
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-31 18:52:15
October 31 2012 18:51 GMT
#874
I'm rereading this
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Reading it is like listening to an old, demented uncle walk you through his time at an insane asylum while your hyperactive, over-imaginative cousin repeatedly interrupts with nonsense. Quite wonderful I must say
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
MajuGarzett
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Canada635 Posts
October 31 2012 18:52 GMT
#875
On November 01 2012 03:46 Lann555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 04 2012 05:26 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
Started Hyperion yesterday pretty cool so far. Dune meets Canterbury Tales.


Man, one of my favorite books of all time. I seriously suggest NOT reading Endymion and just pretend it doesn't exist. It's not very good imho

I thought Endymion was pretty good. I found the hegemony very interesting. Some of Aenea's long speeches did get uninteresting though.
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
October 31 2012 22:06 GMT
#876
Very interesting read.

[image loading]
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
DeepElemBlues
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States5080 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-31 23:09:21
October 31 2012 23:08 GMT
#877
I just got done with The Tudors: The Complete History, which might have been better titled as "The Tudors: Why They Sucked, Why Are They So Popular?" But I read histories more for the data than for whatever spin the author is trying to put on, and G.J. Meyer provides a lot of details without bogging down the prose in an interesting narrative.
no place i'd rather be than the satellite of love
Azera
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
3800 Posts
October 31 2012 23:18 GMT
#878
Reading Disgrace by Coetzee. Love it.
Check out some great music made by TLers - http://bit.ly/QXYhdb , by intrigue. http://bit.ly/RTjpOR , by ohsea.toc.
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-31 23:35:14
October 31 2012 23:33 GMT
#879
On November 01 2012 08:08 DeepElemBlues wrote:
I just got done with The Tudors: The Complete History, which might have been better titled as "The Tudors: Why They Sucked, Why Are They So Popular?" But I read histories more for the data than for whatever spin the author is trying to put on, and G.J. Meyer provides a lot of details without bogging down the prose in an interesting narrative.

If you enjoyed "The Tudors" and have a continuing interest in British History, especially of the political kind, I highly recommend A Monarchy Transformed: Britain, 1603-1714. While the book does fail to go into all that much detail in regards to the social and cultural climate of the time and place, if you have an interest in the gritty details of the Glorious Revolution, the English Civil War, and the Interregnum, this is definitely a worthwhile read. Of particular note is Kishlansky's discussion of how religious strife always played a role in the political, if for no other reason that the Archbishop of Canterbury's enormous cornerstone influence as it effected the disposition of kings and the ephemeral Cromwellian state church. Anyways, read it, its good
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
ZapRoffo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5544 Posts
November 01 2012 01:18 GMT
#880
On November 01 2012 00:25 Excelion wrote:
[image loading]

Stanislav Lem : Solaris
Amazing story and I actually rarely read this genre. I'm almost at the end and I cant wait to go home and finish it. If anyone can recommend some other book with this kind of ...hmm how to put it storytelling, atmosphere I would be really greatful

Solaris is pretty unique I don't really know any very much like it myself.

I'm reading Mockingjay right now. I've found no reason to avoid reading the Hunger Games series, they are pretty good (especially as far as mass popular things go), interesting and readable so if you have any curiosity about them but haven't checked them out yet, I would say do it.

Haven't really decided what's next, thinking about The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle.or some more Lem myself.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, your opinion man
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 58 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 5m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech139
UpATreeSC 65
TKL 26
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5155
Bisu 2514
Soulkey 1632
Mini 530
EffOrt 507
Horang2 376
Larva 345
ggaemo 249
actioN 242
ZerO 222
[ Show more ]
Dewaltoss 114
Mind 95
sorry 82
hero 72
Shinee 68
Sharp 65
Sea.KH 62
Barracks 58
Pusan 58
Snow 51
Hyun 45
Bale 32
Trap 29
ToSsGirL 23
Rock 16
NaDa 14
Sacsri 13
Terrorterran 13
scan(afreeca) 12
zelot 9
Noble 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5722
qojqva2675
Dendi1270
420jenkins262
League of Legends
Reynor74
Counter-Strike
fl0m3003
Fnx 724
x6flipin340
edward42
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes306
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1236
hiko1006
B2W.Neo452
DeMusliM293
XBOCT220
Livibee211
Liquid`VortiX199
QueenE99
Mew2King47
ZerO(Twitch)18
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream24
Other Games
WardiTV24
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 74
• mYiSmile128
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 38
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV606
League of Legends
• Nemesis3850
• TFBlade613
Other Games
• Shiphtur436
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
8h 5m
Patches Events
1d
The PondCast
1d 18h
INu's Battles
1d 19h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.