• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:24
CEST 08:24
KST 15:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8452 users

IPL Charity Stream to Support Amanda (PPSL) 11/14 - Page 7

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 39 Next All
IMPORTANT: the flights are now covered, and Amanda should be fine: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=285511&currentpage=25#487

further donations will be for "paying event salaries (casters, talent, staff, etc.) and other event-related expenses"
ScottishMoo
Profile Joined August 2011
Australia23 Posts
November 14 2011 23:43 GMT
#121
On November 15 2011 07:47 VirgilSC2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2011 07:45 iky43210 wrote:
who is Amanda, and why did she sign the bills instead of gus?

Amanda was the Travel Agent Gus used to book all the airfare through, which accounted for almost every single player round-trip, and then got stiffed on the bills. IIRC Travel Agencies get better deals on flights, so they buy the tickets, and then get reimbursed by the client, and Gus never paid her.


This is my understanding too.

Not helping her means bad press for eSports and a potentially devastating outcome for one individual which is attributed to, even if only by association, a StarCraft II event. IGN do have some responsibility here, having lent their prestigeous name would have encouraged her to accept the risk.

Helping her makes a great story for eSports.

Fuck Gus. *Tunes in.*

Major props to not just IGN, but to the players (who I assume are donating their time).
http://www.youtube.com/ScottishMoo
love9n
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Sweden81 Posts
November 14 2011 23:43 GMT
#122
IPL - Pals of E-Sport, great initiative!
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened
Silentenigma
Profile Joined July 2009
Turkey2037 Posts
November 14 2011 23:45 GMT
#123
Someone should beat up this Gus guy
日本語が上手ですね
TyrantPotato
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Australia1541 Posts
November 14 2011 23:46 GMT
#124
i dont have any money on me to donate.

but ill try cycle as many ads as i can to get you guys some revenue
Forever ZeNEX.
MavivaM
Profile Joined November 2011
1535 Posts
November 14 2011 23:46 GMT
#125
Hi AlexIGN, I think it's nice what you are doing but I have a question:

Reading here around it seems like this Gus guy is the evil mastermind, so why isn't he charged in a court?
I mean: people involved should have his personal details, and if he isn't paying people what he owns them there should be enough evidences for anything they want.
Shouldn't these guys go to the court instead of relying on internet guys to solve their problem?

Of course I'm not telling that donate is bad or whatever, nor that you are doing something bad <_<

I'd just like to know why things are going in this direction instead to the nearest police station.
If anyone else knows the answer I'm curious!
Your Opinion has been counted. Only 3 more Opinions needed for a reddit thread.
FlamingTurd
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1059 Posts
November 14 2011 23:47 GMT
#126
Okay, I literally just told my wife we're not going out to dinner tonight because I gave $10 on this ahhaha. She was pretty mad until I explained what it was for more clearly and of course had to make it up by making her dinner now... Took 1 for the team.
Nerf MMMT!!! Liquid`Ret Hwaiting!!!
Goibon
Profile Joined May 2010
New Zealand8185 Posts
November 14 2011 23:47 GMT
#127
On November 15 2011 08:43 xBillehx wrote:
A bit conflicted cause I really wanna see Gus pay and this kind of lightens his responsibility so I can't justify myself donating. I mean ffs can't the travel agency just sue/report him to the cops or did they fuck up with no contract? However, since I am heading to bed right now I will at least toss the stream up.

I feel the same way, but at the end of the day my ten dollars or whatever i put in is to stop a poor girl having her life ruined.

The underlying problem here is lack of ability to actually punish Gus. We need an organisation with power to legally rape this guy. Alas.
Leenock =^_^= Ryung =^_^= Parting =^_^= herO =^_^= Guilty
Hexxed
Profile Joined November 2010
United States202 Posts
November 14 2011 23:47 GMT
#128
I just donated a dollar. I urge everyone else to spare a dollar for her too. She's innocent of that bastard's crime. We need to come together as a community and save one of our own.
www.twitch.tv/hexsctv - Zerg Master's stream NA Ladder
xSixGeneralHan
Profile Joined April 2011
United States528 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-14 23:50:51
November 14 2011 23:47 GMT
#129
I donated!!! Let's rally together and help out. IGN you guys are the best

But seriously guys, over 10K people watch streams every night, if each person can spare $1 this can completely change the situation around.

~~~
Team Operations Director for CheckSix Gaming
Dox
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia1199 Posts
November 14 2011 23:51 GMT
#130
IGN, you guys are truly amazing. <3
@NvDox | Plantronics Nv: Rossi . mOOnGLaDe . deth . JazBas | @NvSC2 | @NvCoD | @NvLeague | @NvHearthstone | @NvDotA2 | @PLT_MF
Sein
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1811 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-14 23:56:03
November 14 2011 23:54 GMT
#131
On November 15 2011 08:17 ArturosII wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2011 08:04 Sein wrote:
I feel a bit conflicted. It is no doubt a noble gesture from IGN and I really want to help Amanda out.

On the other hand, this is also going to let Gus off the hook and let him disappear quietly, from which he may try to crawl his way up again. I have a feeling that Gus Ledesma had been hoping for this to happen for the past week while keep hiding and delaying payments.


This doesn't let Gus off the hook as it's Amanda and not Gus who is suffering the consequences here. By watching and helping you're helping out Amanda and nothinging at Gus. Even is Gus suddenly appeared it wouldn't change the fact that it's still Amanda suffering for him.


I know, and that is why I have had the stream on for a while now, but what I'm saying is that these two situations below seem very different, at least to me.

1) "Take care of that money right now in any way possible! Either take out a loan or sign some documents that transfers all those debt to under your name. FFS take your responsibility and DO SOMETHING, RIGHT FUCKING NOW!"

2) "The community has cleaned up after this gigantic mess you've created all by yourself, you bastard. Don't show your face around here again."
AjAyIGN
Profile Joined June 2011
United States77 Posts
November 14 2011 23:55 GMT
#132
On November 15 2011 08:47 FlamingTurd wrote:
Okay, I literally just told my wife we're not going out to dinner tonight because I gave $10 on this ahhaha. She was pretty mad until I explained what it was for more clearly and of course had to make it up by making her dinner now... Took 1 for the team.


That is awesome. Thumbs up for your donation!
IGN eSports Events and Office Manager
ch4ppi
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany802 Posts
November 14 2011 23:56 GMT
#133
Im gonna donate too!
xSixGeneralHan
Profile Joined April 2011
United States528 Posts
November 14 2011 23:57 GMT
#134
On November 15 2011 08:47 FlamingTurd wrote:
Okay, I literally just told my wife we're not going out to dinner tonight because I gave $10 on this ahhaha. She was pretty mad until I explained what it was for more clearly and of course had to make it up by making her dinner now... Took 1 for the team.

you sir, are a champion
Team Operations Director for CheckSix Gaming
SenorChang
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia4730 Posts
November 14 2011 23:57 GMT
#135
Won't be able to warch today but I'll defintely throw in a couple of bucks when I get home. I would hate to be put in the position she has been put into and hope this never happens to anyone again.
ლ(╹◡╹ლ)
Takkara
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2503 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-15 00:01:31
November 14 2011 23:58 GMT
#136
Donated! Glad to help out the community, sad that it lets Gus off the hook for some of the money. I hope he gets sued for every penny!

EDIT: Seriously though, IGN has shown their professionalism in amazing ways through this debacle. Everyone should take notes that this is how you do crisis management. And it wasn't even IGN's bad. I think IGN and MLG are miles ahead with dealing with conflicts in the community. ESPORTS is in good hands as long as these organizations are still heading the charge.
Gee gee gee gee baby baby baby
vankaizer
Profile Joined December 2010
Philippines14 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-15 00:01:56
November 14 2011 23:59 GMT
#137
On November 15 2011 08:33 fubusama wrote:
I've done my donation as well. Really hope we can rally behind to support her.

While I am fully behind this, I would say that Amanda is very lucky to have an awesome community behind her. I'm sure things like this are a regular occurrence, and unfortunately a "cost of doing business". Not trying to be a hard-ass, but as a business owner myself when my clients don't pay their bills I either sell the debt to collections or take them to small claims court. The claims that she may go to jail and have her business shut down over a small amount ($15k is not much in business dollars) is exaggerated; if presumably she was conducting business correctly she will have Gus' personal information to execute appropriate collection actions.

Like I said, I'm supporting the cause and doing my part, but business owners get screwed out of way more on a daily basis and nobody blinks an eye - it's just business. My surely unpopular two cents for what it's worth.

fubusama, I think IGN is no fool too before they start doing this cause. They probably investigated the situation and assessed the gravity of the situation. According to some reports, Gus never really signed any papers which resulted one AZK(now former) AZK member to be "detained" due to non-payments of bills in the Philippines.

Of course, there's the "different country", I dont know if you're from the Philippines but here, estafa charges are taken seriously. People do get detained and businesses really shut down. Despite of being aware of the calculated risks involved people still take certain business decisions for various reasons and in her case, for her love of e-sports.

I'm pretty sure some form of investigation has been going on and people are keen on doing their homework before jumping into something that's "potentially" damaging to the community as a whole.

--

On the side note, the fact that Gus haven't explained anything yet is like asking grass for a starving and dying horse from a man who consumed it all. People do got deadlines and Gus apparently, is still nowhere to be found. I really appreciate people donating to this instead of just running their mouths like they know shit. Obviously, we're not the investigating body and we're not the direct party involved.

Much respect to IGN for doing this. You guys are awesome.
Get a job mouth breather
turdburgler
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
England6749 Posts
November 14 2011 23:59 GMT
#138
On November 15 2011 08:47 FlamingTurd wrote:
Okay, I literally just told my wife we're not going out to dinner tonight because I gave $10 on this ahhaha. She was pretty mad until I explained what it was for more clearly and of course had to make it up by making her dinner now... Took 1 for the team.


if i told my gf i was spending money on another woman rather than her, i wouldnt survive long enough to get the explanation out : l
Brotatolol
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1742 Posts
November 15 2011 00:01 GMT
#139
Nice to see you guys doing this, I'll be watching for sure.
TERRANLOL
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States626 Posts
November 15 2011 00:01 GMT
#140
You guys should put up the amount of money generated thus far by ads and donations somewhere.
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 39 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 37m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4423
Leta 1843
Shuttle 1052
Shine 39
ZergMaN 26
sorry 22
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm221
League of Legends
JimRising 623
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King46
Other Games
summit1g7461
WinterStarcraft630
Sick172
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick508
BasetradeTV233
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter1417
• Sammyuel 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2201
League of Legends
• Lourlo1244
• Rush1120
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3h 37m
Patches Events
8h 37m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 37m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 37m
OSC
16h 37m
OSC
1d 5h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.