• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:38
CEST 01:38
KST 08:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8887 users

IPL Charity Stream to Support Amanda (PPSL) 11/14 - Page 39

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 37 38 39 All
IMPORTANT: the flights are now covered, and Amanda should be fine: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=285511&currentpage=25#487

further donations will be for "paying event salaries (casters, talent, staff, etc.) and other event-related expenses"
amanduh
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Philippines45 Posts
November 15 2011 06:58 GMT
#761
I worked my way to get an agreement going. Each agency has their own rules in doing so. Since the agency knows that I always pay on time, they found it to be ok and did give me a deadline and reminded me of their turnover date as well.

He did pay the agreed tickets be paid first before I issue the rest (so in part it still did stand as a "downpayment").
twitter: theAmanduuh
kKagari
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia84 Posts
November 15 2011 06:59 GMT
#762
On November 15 2011 15:50 17Sphynx17 wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On November 15 2011 15:43 kKagari wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2011 15:34 DrakeFZX3 wrote:
On November 15 2011 15:24 kKagari wrote:
On November 15 2011 15:14 VirgilSC2 wrote:
On November 15 2011 15:07 kKagari wrote:
The Amanda situation is not sad.

The fact that because of the PPSL fiasco, the esports community is asked to donate a large sum of money to spot ONE PERSON out of trouble is sad, when compared to the people suffering in the UNHCR advertisement we have on TL, and how many thousands we can be saving with the same amount of money.

Amanda should be helped, yes. But perhaps monetary aid should go somewhere else if you are in a donating mood.

You're basically saying:

"Your friend losing his leg in a car accident isn't sad, you shouldn't try to help him, I know this girl who was a professional dancer that got bilateral gangrene and didn't have health insurance."


No, I'm not. I simply find it ironic that we stare at the UNHCR ad everyday surfing TL.net, possibly taking no action in any of its pleas, yet this Amanda situation appears, gaining the support of thousands, and using money that could potentially save a whole lot more people.

Take a step back and look at it. You hold in your hand the power to save one person you have some inkling of a relationship to, or thousands of others you don't know. I would save the one person myself, but thats probably because I'm a cold hearted bitch, however, that is exactly what makes the situation sad.


By this logic, anything we've ever purchased that didn't go to necessitate our survival, should have gone to helping someone in need.

Look in your very room. What have you purchased and "donated" your money to, that should've went to a charitable organization instead.

Acting like someone sitting on a high horse, because a community is helping out a person in one problem and not another is simply downright terrible.


Oh no, I very well agree that I am selfish. I don't see this whole high horse thing you mentioned however; I simply spoke of money used for donation in terms of effectivness; ability to save lives. I did discern in my original post that being charitable probably requires a particular frame of mind (being in a 'donating mood') and that if I chose to be charitable, I would use the money more effectively elsewhere.

Sorry if I wronged you in anyway, clearly how you spend your money is up to you, I am merely stating my opinion, that it is not effective to be charitable to this mattter (Amanda), and that it is sad that ads that appear just as frequently as this issue (UNHCR) is overlooked.


I understand your point, but when you tell people where they should put their money is kind of pushing it. Understandable the UNHCR does help others in need, heck, a lot of people. But you can not and should not push people/dictate to them that they should put it elsewhere. It is their money and their decision.

Did I donate to the Amanda fund, no I didn't. Did I watch the stream, yes. Do I donate to the UNHCR, no I don't.

Again, its a matter of choice and what people decide to do, even on a spur of the moment instances. So, if you want people to donate to UNHCR, then make a separate thread for it. I don't see anything wrong with that. =)


Sigh, for the record, i believe ive only made suggestions towards the unhcr donation and was not 'pushing'anyone to do anything,excuse me if hat has been misrepresented. I stand by my point however, hat i do not agree with this donation drive (as do some others here) but good luck to you all fine folks out there willing to help. To all the others who have the thirst to berate me with 'high horsery' i have stated before i have nor had any intentions of that and it is unfortunate you choose to interpret my demeanor as such.
Toons
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia136 Posts
November 15 2011 06:59 GMT
#763
On November 15 2011 15:51 Dodgin wrote:
Okay, so.

The $5000 has been collected, Amanda will not be in jail.

I really feel like you guys should close the donations now, at this point people are simply giving paychecks to the " talent " of the event. Which is not what I would consider the Team Liquid community should be giving their money for. I mean I love Tasteosis but it is not up to me to make sure they get paid for the job they did if they got screwed over.

At the very least I think you should update the OP saying that the initial $5000 has been raised. So people do not have to go through the whole thread to find that information.

Edit: Mod edit at the top is much appreciated.


Ya agree, I watched stream, my ad revenue helped a bit and I'm glad that Amanda has not been left $12k in the hole.
Donations should be closed.

Love Tastosis etc, but they lucked out in choosing to provide their services to an event that could not pay them.

And before I get flamed, the amount that the casters, talent, production etc, are missing, does not result in them being sued or possibly facing jail for unpaid monies, so the two are completely separate!
Probes and pylons
CodeskyE
Profile Joined January 2011
United States777 Posts
November 15 2011 07:01 GMT
#764
On November 15 2011 15:59 Toons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2011 15:51 Dodgin wrote:
Okay, so.

The $5000 has been collected, Amanda will not be in jail.

I really feel like you guys should close the donations now, at this point people are simply giving paychecks to the " talent " of the event. Which is not what I would consider the Team Liquid community should be giving their money for. I mean I love Tasteosis but it is not up to me to make sure they get paid for the job they did if they got screwed over.

At the very least I think you should update the OP saying that the initial $5000 has been raised. So people do not have to go through the whole thread to find that information.

Edit: Mod edit at the top is much appreciated.


Ya agree, I watched stream, my ad revenue helped a bit and I'm glad that Amanda has not been left $12k in the hole.
Donations should be closed.

Love Tastosis etc, but they lucked out in choosing to provide their services to an event that could not pay them.

And before I get flamed, the amount that the casters, talent, production etc, are missing, does not result in them being sued or possibly facing jail for unpaid monies, so the two are completely separate!



If there's anyone deserving to get paid, it's TorcH. That dude stepped up and saved IGN/PPSL event.
rengarr
Profile Joined November 2011
42 Posts
November 15 2011 07:01 GMT
#765
On November 15 2011 15:54 LiveForever wrote:
Was watching the Charity Stream in between laddering and I happened to run into one of the more notorious members of the AZK clan. I had always considered that maybe not all members of AZK were bad apples. But it clearly wasn't the case.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us


I just got ticked by the general lack of concern for a fellow human being this douche shows after the trouble this clan has caused to a generally peaceful SEA community.


Oh ho that guy. Just yesterday he called everyone asking for details a "random no name scrub" Then proceeded to tell everyone to buzz off, saying this was between AZK and their sponsors. And that we'd be "humiliated" after the truth comes out.

And now the community just paid for $5000 of the debt that resulted from their fuck up and he's still got the balls to act that way. lol. Just lol.
arbitrageur
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia1202 Posts
November 15 2011 07:03 GMT
#766
Let's ensure that the coverage of Gus' debt obligations by donations doesn't abrogate his responsibility. I fear that if all the casters and staff of the event have their payments covered by donations, nobody will have any incentive to pursue Gus in any form... Nobody will have any financial incentive to stop Gus from stealing thousands of dollars. Such a sad situation that this scumbag may get away with this.
Liquid`Nazgul
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
22427 Posts
November 15 2011 07:12 GMT
#767
Closing this. Event is over, Amanda is safe.
Administrator
Prev 1 37 38 39 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 22m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft435
ViBE119
Nina 103
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13795
firebathero 116
Hyuk 52
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm152
febbydoto81
League of Legends
Doublelift4510
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King71
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5149
Other Games
summit1g8584
FrodaN2288
JimRising 468
mouzStarbuck377
KnowMe220
ArmadaUGS85
Trikslyr18
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1143
BasetradeTV174
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream107
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 108
• musti20045 32
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 22m
INu's Battles
12h 22m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
15h 22m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 22m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 22m
Replay Cast
23h 22m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 10h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 11h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 16h
Replay Cast
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.