• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:24
CEST 04:24
KST 11:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8551 users

Patch 1.4 PTR Notes (updated 9/8) - Page 130

Forum Index > Closed
9040 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 128 129 130 131 132 453 Next
Since this whole topic degenerated into the usual balance flamefest where every topic ends up if unmoderated it's time for it to clean up. Locking this down for a while. Any posts made after my post [page 233] not addressing the changes in this patch directly and containting flames or general balance whine will get banned for at least a week. ~Nyovne

There is way too much flaming in this thread right now. Calm down before you post! (Page 271) ~iamke55
TimeSpiral
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1010 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-25 13:42:53
August 25 2011 13:41 GMT
#2581
On August 25 2011 22:05 Vorenius wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 25 2011 21:50 TimeSpiral wrote:+ Show Spoiler +

I actually did not think the OP was legit, until I saw the battle.net link.

Ha.

This is a pretty flailing patch, actually.

General Reaction
I remember watching some pro matches a few weeks ago with my brother, and we were seeing a lot of helion plays getting used. It was crazy! I leaned over and said, "Damn. Helions are going to get nerfed soon ..."

+ Show Spoiler [terran Pro eyes only] +
When you come up with new plays, can you at least purposefully throw a few games so the whole world doesn't immediately cry imba? Seriously. It's to the point now where Terran plays are literally nerfed weeks after their latest tournament displays.


Tarawn
I really never expected to see another Terran buff, but the HSM is actually really interesting. We'll have to see what happens. It's a weird spell right now in that it is really strong, but never used, because it never works. So now that it will work in some cases, and is still strong, people might build more Ravens! The barracks got nerfed again, which is lol, but at least it's not a major nerf. It slows down every Terran build in the game, but not by much. I think this is basically an anti-2rax vs. Zerg nerf.

Operg
I'm glad blizzard has realized something needs to change about the Infestor. Let's see if this sticks. My money is that this nerf is actually changed into a buff by the time it goes live. I got $5 on the table for anyone who wants to take that bet ;P

Prawdhuss
Naturally I abhor the idea of making Prawdhuss stronger, but I think the Immortal change is actually pretty good. It's an expensive unit, and pretty critical in holding some of Terran's early game timings. The Blink timing might help defend the very powerful Blink rushes.

Operg? really?! If you are gonna be like that at least go for the obvious EZerg >_<


Wow, I never considered that! But the goal is to make it sound ridiculous at the same time, an EZerg just sounds like e-Zerg, which is not nearly as ludicrous as Operg. Good suggestion though.

On August 25 2011 22:15 Lexpar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 25 2011 21:50 TimeSpiral wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
I actually did not think the OP was legit, until I saw the battle.net link.

Ha.

This is a pretty flailing patch, actually.

General Reaction
I remember watching some pro matches a few weeks ago with my brother, and we were seeing a lot of helion plays getting used. It was crazy! I leaned over and said, "Damn. Helions are going to get nerfed soon ..."

+ Show Spoiler [terran Pro eyes only] +
When you come up with new plays, can you at least purposefully throw a few games so the whole world doesn't immediately cry imba? Seriously. It's to the point now where Terran plays are literally nerfed weeks after their latest tournament displays.


Tarawn
I really never expected to see another Terran buff, but the HSM is actually really interesting. We'll have to see what happens. It's a weird spell right now in that it is really strong, but never used, because it never works. So now that it will work in some cases, and is still strong, people might build more Ravens! The barracks got nerfed again, which is lol, but at least it's not a major nerf. It slows down every Terran build in the game, but not by much. I think this is basically an anti-2rax vs. Zerg nerf.

Operg
I'm glad blizzard has realized something needs to change about the Infestor. Let's see if this sticks. My money is that this nerf is actually changed into a buff by the time it goes live. I got $5 on the table for anyone who wants to take that bet ;P

Prawdhuss
Naturally I abhor the idea of making Prawdhuss stronger, but I think the Immortal change is actually pretty good. It's an expensive unit, and pretty critical in holding some of Terran's early game timings. The Blink timing might help defend the very powerful Blink rushes.


I find your obvious Terran bias disturbing. Also, I'll pick up that bet! Do you have a steam account? Ill gift you a 5 dollar game if you win, you gift me a 5 dollar game if I win. To make it fun, the winner gets no input regarding what the 5 dollar game will be. Sound good?


The jig is up! You got me ... Why is it so shocking when one is biased towards the race they play? It's pretty clear they will have the most intimate understanding of their own race and how those changes will affect them from that perspective. Besides, I thought I was pretty fair with my analysis.

I'll recap:

(1) Giving +1 range to a base 5 range unit is a huge buff. Good for Prawhduss.

(2) Nerfing Blink tech time by 30 seconds (20 or so real life seconds) is a pretty big deal for rush players, otherwise, not a huge deal.

(3) Nerfing every Terran BO by 5 seconds, also not a big deal. This will only really affect super early rax plays, like 2rax versus Zerg.

(4) Nerfing blue flame's damage buff by 50% is a huge nerf. Really, we're paying 150/150 and using 110 seconds of factory tech time to get +5 versus light units? Rofl.

(5) HSM will actually get used now. There is no way to know how this will play out. Now that it can actually hit units we will get to see. This buff may prove to be wildly OP. I'm suspecting this change will not make it through PTR in its current incarnation.

(6) This Fungal Growth nerf is just for ZvZ. FG no longer kills lings in one shot. This is a great change. Removing 6 dmg from its versus Armor, not a huge deal, but still a significant nerf (-15% ish).

(7) Overseer cost buff is actually a huge deal. Contaminate nerf is obvious if you're going to make the Overseer virtually free (like the observer).

(8) Ultras now build fast. Expect to see a lot more Ultra play in all matchups. I think this change is good for Zerg.

The putrid, obvious, writhing Terran bias ...
Is there anything really unreasonable in my analysis? Is the Terran bias that sickening, or is it my colorful ranting and trolling that grates on the souls of the Zergs and Prawdhusses of TL?

The Bet
I love that idea! I don't have a stream account. I'm a pathetic Terran who needs to l2p, but I love a good bet! Let's do it. We'll have ourselves a lil' showmatch.
[G] Positioning, Formations, and Tactics: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=187892
FeeL_ThE_RusH
Profile Joined February 2010
Ireland227 Posts
August 25 2011 13:42 GMT
#2582
On August 25 2011 22:38 Moochlol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 25 2011 22:35 Yaotzin wrote:
On August 25 2011 22:32 Moochlol wrote:
As far as 1/1/1. Only morons belive that is that OP. 1 gate Robo, allows you to confirm that build very quickly, which in turn allows you to rush to HT. 4 storms+feedback RAPE that garbage.

Uh no, that's just not possible, sorry.


Oh really explain why, because I have seen that build get raped time and time again. Liquid tyler suggested 1 gate robo, and it works well. Are you better than liquid tyler? Explain why it doesnt work.


There's a thread on page 1 with about 2500 replies discussing the build that would explain things for you. You should probably refrain from calling people who have infinitely more knowledge about this game than you morons too(Alicia & MVP to name two).

Let's not turn this thread into a 1/1/1 balance discussion.
#starcraft.ie on Quakenet, Irish SC2ers assemble
NarutO
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Germany18839 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-25 13:46:34
August 25 2011 13:42 GMT
#2583
On August 25 2011 22:38 Yaotzin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 25 2011 22:37 mTw|NarutO wrote:
I'm perfectly fine with blue flame, but the reason behind the barracks build time is not obvious to me.

11/11 or they just wanted to generally slow down Terran a touch are the only things that it could be really.

Tiny nerf regardless so w/e.


I don't think its a tiny nerf. First they completely took Terrans ability to cheese hard in earlygame (barracks before supply) and now they are taking away even more time when Terran found a solution with 11/11 which was not imbalanced but hard to stop) Also the preigniter still being 150/150 is a bit harsh now, its just not worth it, but I like the change, since I prefer to play Bio and thats a lot easier now.

Edit: I actually think Zerg will now use ultras instead of Broodlords against Terran, because they are damn powerful paired with infestors, DIMAGA will be happy.
CommentatorPolt | MMA | Jjakji | BoxeR | NaDa | MVP | MKP ... truly inspiring.
AmericanUmlaut
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany2597 Posts
August 25 2011 13:42 GMT
#2584
On August 25 2011 22:37 mTw|NarutO wrote:
I'm perfectly fine with blue flame, but the reason behind the barracks build time is not obvious to me.

My impression is that they're going for a very small general early/midgame nerf with this. It basically adds 5 seconds to every Terran build without changing any units, so lategame Terran won't be affected in any serious way.
The frumious Bandersnatch
DminusTerran
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1337 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-25 13:49:35
August 25 2011 13:44 GMT
#2585
Seeker missile 2.953 speed vs Viking 2.75 air speed. Looks like people are going to have to learn how to split if they want to have air control in tvt.

If they had given hydra's back their 10 more health from the beta, this would probably end up being the last balance change this game would need before hots.
tdt
Profile Joined October 2010
United States3179 Posts
August 25 2011 13:44 GMT
#2586
As a protoss player I'm disappointed Carriers are STILL unfeasible. They wanted BC's used more so they buffed em. They even said that in patch notes that BC saw too little action so here some speed love. BC's were still used 100x more than Carriers but i let it slide hoping they'd bump Carriers in the next patch but it never came. And now we got Ultra's another lessor used unit but still used 1000x more than Carrier getting a usefulness buff while Carrier remains on the back shelf.

HT's - so so slow Which he got a little love after KA removed.

5 secs will do nothing about 1/1/1 and neither will immortal. 1/1/1 is about exploiting Protoss lack of AoE and negating protoss' early game sentry crutch. Nothing will change on Korean pro scene unless some miraculous strategy comes...


Seems like Blizzard is skirting the main units/issue for little bitty stuff with protoss although WP buff is HUGE. Can't wait.
MC for president
Moochlol
Profile Joined August 2010
United States456 Posts
August 25 2011 13:44 GMT
#2587
Yea actually it is, the standard timing is 10 minutes for the terran to attack, indeed you can have an expansion of your own, and shortly after the attack storm comes online. I don't know if your under the impression that its a 1 base play or not. But the timings indeed do work out. You have to sack your nexus but it has done its job, because you have mined a FUCKLOAD of minerals and gas. break out with immortal or storm snipes//feed back from the high ground. Have you heard of chrono, when are u getting hit by 1 1 1?
blaaaaaarghhhhh
windsupernova
Profile Joined October 2010
Mexico5280 Posts
August 25 2011 13:45 GMT
#2588
On August 25 2011 22:21 Spacedude wrote:
I fear that Blizzard might be rushing balance changes out before enough time has passed and the overall picture is more clear. They say the game is still quite 'soft' so I don't know how much I like them messing with the game. Everbody seem to have their own holy version of what needs to be done with the game, but let's hope Blizzard's decisions are solid, as solid as they can be in a dynamic game, that is. Each new patch will serve to undermind the solidity of game and the game will then have to 'earn' it again over time, but with HOTS coming out it doesn't matter much, I guess.


Well, I can´t blame them. Have you seen how whiny the community has been?

Its like:

*Balance topic*
"Ummm, guys lets wait until the metagame evolves blah blah..."
"NO ITS BROKEN, PROS HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING! ITS UNSTOPPABLE, ITS KILLING E SPORTS! GAME IS BROKEN, IT KILLED MY GRANDMA! BLIZZARD NEEDS TO PATCH THIS TO SAVE DROWNING PUPPIES"

I am of course exaggerating, but lets be serious for a moment here. Blizzard is under a lot of pressure from paying customers at times, and while I don't agree with caving in to the whining without at least waiting for a solution to be developed, what can we do?
"Its easy, just trust your CPU".-Boxer on being good at games
Heavenly
Profile Joined January 2011
2172 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-25 13:46:12
August 25 2011 13:45 GMT
#2589
Btw I'm not sure how many zergs noticed that drones attack got a "buff" in the sense that they can now attack probes trying to deny an expo much easier. I remember there was a thread about that where the drone stops before its attack and it doesn't hit if the probe keeps moving.

Also people this is a PTR. If the hellion nerf/other nerf you dislike is too much, they'll change it.
"thx for all my fans i'm many lost but cheer for me .. i lost but so happy my power is fans i will good play this is promise my fans" - oGsMC
FeeL_ThE_RusH
Profile Joined February 2010
Ireland227 Posts
August 25 2011 13:46 GMT
#2590
On August 25 2011 22:41 TimeSpiral wrote:

(4) Nerfing blue flame's damage buff by 50% is a huge nerf. Really, we're paying 150/150 and using 110 seconds of factory tech time to get +5 versus light units? Rofl.



It's a big nerf yes, but anything less than that wouldn't have been a nerf at all since 2 hellions would still 1-shot groups of probes & drones, which I would imagine is the intended purpose of the nerf.
#starcraft.ie on Quakenet, Irish SC2ers assemble
ClueLessx3
Profile Joined April 2011
Australia53 Posts
August 25 2011 13:47 GMT
#2591
On August 25 2011 22:38 Moochlol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 25 2011 22:35 Yaotzin wrote:
On August 25 2011 22:32 Moochlol wrote:
As far as 1/1/1. Only morons belive that is that OP. 1 gate Robo, allows you to confirm that build very quickly, which in turn allows you to rush to HT. 4 storms+feedback RAPE that garbage.

Uh no, that's just not possible, sorry.


Oh really explain why, because I have seen that build get raped time and time again. Liquid tyler suggested 1 gate robo, and it works well. Are you better than liquid tyler? Explain why it doesnt work.


So many units so little time to prepare and tech up, while still have maintaining a sizable army is quite impossible to do.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
August 25 2011 13:48 GMT
#2592
I don't understand all the people who don't "get" the 5-second barracks increase. It's pretty well-known that Terrans are the strongest early-game race. A slight nerf to this seems not too complex to understand?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
chestnutman
Profile Joined March 2011
176 Posts
August 25 2011 13:48 GMT
#2593
I dont think the 2 rax was that strong anymore in tvz, except for close positions. Which makes me feel blizzard tries to balance the game for their own ladder maps. I dont know if I agree with that since all those close posi shenanigans have already been removed from tournaments.
Apart from that the changes seem pretty reasonable, especially the protoss buffs. I wonder how much of a difference the infestor nerf will really make in that broodlord infestor zvt lategame composition.
Belial88
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5217 Posts
August 25 2011 13:48 GMT
#2594
So how exactly does the FG nerf work?

I know a lot of people are saying "LOL SEE INFESTOR OP ROFL" but according to a lot of people's analysis, the infestor still kills most units in the same shots (particularly Protoss units).

What is the reason behind the FG nerf? It seems they didn't think (and I agree) it was OP in ZvP, but I imagine this affects ZvT? In which case, infestors were never a problem in that match-up - yes, it's annoying to get your marines fungalled, but good Zerg's didn't rely on infestors in that match-up but still used ling/bane/muta.
How to build a $500 i7-3770K Ultimate Computer:http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=392709 ******** 100% Safe Razorless Delid Method! http://www.overclock.net/t/1376206/how-to-delid-your-ivy-bridge-cpu-with-out-a-razor-blade/0_100
EllipZ
Profile Joined May 2011
France378 Posts
August 25 2011 13:49 GMT
#2595
great patch overall, the nerf on barrack timing will change a lot the early game i think
Deleted User 183001
Profile Joined May 2011
2939 Posts
August 25 2011 13:49 GMT
#2596
On August 25 2011 22:44 DminusTerran wrote:
Seeker missile 2.953 speed vs Viking 2.75 air speed. Looks like people are going to have to learn how to split if they want to have air control in tvt.

Hmm... well, now...
David some do it T>T
DyEnasTy
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States3721 Posts
August 25 2011 13:49 GMT
#2597
So Fungal wont hurt light units as much but does more to armored? I hope I read that right. Overall, cant complain with this patch.
Much better to die an awesome Terran than to live as a magic wielding fairy or a mindless sac of biological goop. -Manifesto7
Hassybaby
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom10823 Posts
August 25 2011 13:49 GMT
#2598
On August 25 2011 22:42 mTw|NarutO wrote:

Edit: I actually think Zerg will now use ultras instead of Broodlords against Terran, because they are damn powerful paired with infestors, DIMAGA will be happy.


I think it just opens a new tech patch for Zerg as opposed to "well its late game, guess its broodlord time"

I do like that they're adding, as Day9 once said, "wiggle room to an area that had no wiggle room"
"These guys are mindfucking me into a sex coma" | "Mayonnaise is a must-have lubricant when performing necrophilia"
s3183529
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia707 Posts
August 25 2011 13:50 GMT
#2599
Just wonder if this will help fix 111?
Revelatus
Profile Joined July 2011
United States183 Posts
August 25 2011 13:50 GMT
#2600
I think the barracks build time is actually just a hidden attempt to change the bunker. I AM ON TO YOU BLIZZARD!
caяp diєм
Prev 1 128 129 130 131 132 453 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 36m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 175
NeuroSwarm 170
FoxeR 24
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1676
Leta 851
Bale 87
League of Legends
Doublelift4613
Other Games
summit1g8382
JimRising 537
ViBE169
WinterStarcraft39
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick702
BasetradeTV173
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 109
• davetesta15
• Light_VIP 13
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1170
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 36m
Patches Events
12h 36m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 36m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 36m
OSC
20h 36m
OSC
1d 9h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.