• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:45
CEST 15:45
KST 22:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8545 users

Patch 1.4 PTR Notes (updated 9/8) - Page 128

Forum Index > Closed
9040 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 126 127 128 129 130 453 Next
Since this whole topic degenerated into the usual balance flamefest where every topic ends up if unmoderated it's time for it to clean up. Locking this down for a while. Any posts made after my post [page 233] not addressing the changes in this patch directly and containting flames or general balance whine will get banned for at least a week. ~Nyovne

There is way too much flaming in this thread right now. Calm down before you post! (Page 271) ~iamke55
hellraiser1110
Profile Joined November 2010
Croatia70 Posts
August 25 2011 13:14 GMT
#2541
I like the patch. Only thing that i don't like is the contamination energy nerf :/. All in all it's a great patch altough infestors won't be that great vs marines anymore and with medivacs even less. I'm wondering when is stim getting a nerf or marines/marauders, 8 of those ruin your whole base 8 lings don't, 8 roaches don't because they don't have stim and also medivac is on the tech path every time while ovie drops aren't, something needs to be done about that imo.
Lexpar
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
1813 Posts
August 25 2011 13:15 GMT
#2542
On August 25 2011 21:50 TimeSpiral wrote:
I actually did not think the OP was legit, until I saw the battle.net link.

Ha.

This is a pretty flailing patch, actually.

General Reaction
I remember watching some pro matches a few weeks ago with my brother, and we were seeing a lot of helion plays getting used. It was crazy! I leaned over and said, "Damn. Helions are going to get nerfed soon ..."

+ Show Spoiler [terran Pro eyes only] +
When you come up with new plays, can you at least purposefully throw a few games so the whole world doesn't immediately cry imba? Seriously. It's to the point now where Terran plays are literally nerfed weeks after their latest tournament displays.


Tarawn
I really never expected to see another Terran buff, but the HSM is actually really interesting. We'll have to see what happens. It's a weird spell right now in that it is really strong, but never used, because it never works. So now that it will work in some cases, and is still strong, people might build more Ravens! The barracks got nerfed again, which is lol, but at least it's not a major nerf. It slows down every Terran build in the game, but not by much. I think this is basically an anti-2rax vs. Zerg nerf.

Operg
I'm glad blizzard has realized something needs to change about the Infestor. Let's see if this sticks. My money is that this nerf is actually changed into a buff by the time it goes live. I got $5 on the table for anyone who wants to take that bet ;P

Prawdhuss
Naturally I abhor the idea of making Prawdhuss stronger, but I think the Immortal change is actually pretty good. It's an expensive unit, and pretty critical in holding some of Terran's early game timings. The Blink timing might help defend the very powerful Blink rushes.


I find your obvious Terran bias disturbing. Also, I'll pick up that bet! Do you have a steam account? Ill gift you a 5 dollar game if you win, you gift me a 5 dollar game if I win. To make it fun, the winner gets no input regarding what the 5 dollar game will be. Sound good?
Denis Lachance
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada162 Posts
August 25 2011 13:16 GMT
#2543
I'm very pleased with the seeker missile buff. Always happy to see more use out of a raven.

Even as a zerg, I don't think The bfh and barracks nerf was so warranted (I obviously cant speak for toss) As BFH got more popular, I really really had a hard time beating terrans. But now I figured out a way to deal with it, and if blizzard adds a nerf on top of that..

It just feels like the success I'm having with fending off this type of pressure is going to be nullified by the fact that it's going to be a whole lot less powerful soon.
Eppur si muove
Pwere
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1557 Posts
August 25 2011 13:16 GMT
#2544
How can people not understand that the contaminate energy nerfed is a necessity if you slash the price of an Overseer in half?

I still think mass overseer is gonna be a problem in ZvZ, and one more thing to encourage going mutas.
Doz
Profile Joined July 2010
United States145 Posts
August 25 2011 13:17 GMT
#2545
In case this hasn't been answered yet, the reason for the barracks change is due to the 11/11 rax and 12/14 rax builds in tvz.

As much as a I feel a zerg should be able to be punished for expanding before building any combat units, this change should decrease slightly the amount of pressure a terran can put on in the first 4 minutes
Check out my map thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=192306
han_han
Profile Joined October 2010
United States205 Posts
August 25 2011 13:18 GMT
#2546
YES PROTOSS BUFFS!

Sorry for caps, but it was needed. I'm so happy that warm prism finally gets an outer layer of paper mache protection instead of just having 1! Immortal range increase is also very welcome, it'll definitely help them be more useful.

I'm not too happy about the blink nerf, but it's not a big deal. I'm also very iffy on the barracks time increase. Why did that happen?
Xahhk
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada540 Posts
August 25 2011 13:19 GMT
#2547
I don't get this at all, what match up were 7:10 blink stalkers breaking?
ZidaneTribal
Profile Joined September 2007
United States2800 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-25 13:20:20
August 25 2011 13:19 GMT
#2548
looks like a good patch, but why did it arrive a day before MLG raleigh? blizzard should have gave players some time to prepare for the changes

nice to see immortal range increased though, immortals might get used more even in team games now
fuck lag
tutsicockroach
Profile Joined March 2011
United States57 Posts
August 25 2011 13:20 GMT
#2549
one of the best patches so far lol
ownage
arbitrageur
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia1202 Posts
August 25 2011 13:21 GMT
#2550
On August 25 2011 22:19 Xahhk wrote:
I don't get this at all, what match up were 7:10 blink stalkers breaking?


It can actually be 6:45 for 1 base.

I think it's more PvZ after forge FE.
InsaniaK
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden120 Posts
August 25 2011 13:21 GMT
#2551
2rax was so OP before rite? owait.....

So blizz nerfing rax building time?
Roblin
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden948 Posts
August 25 2011 13:21 GMT
#2552
On August 25 2011 22:14 hellraiser1110 wrote:
I like the patch. Only thing that i don't like is the contamination energy nerf :/. All in all it's a great patch altough infestors won't be that great vs marines anymore and with medivacs even less. I'm wondering when is stim getting a nerf or marines/marauders, 8 of those ruin your whole base 8 lings don't, 8 roaches don't because they don't have stim and also medivac is on the tech path every time while ovie drops aren't, something needs to be done about that imo.


ovy drops may not be on the tech path, but they are always available. all you need is a lair, and once upgraded you can drop not just 8 zerglings, but however many zerglings you want, I recommend 24 with some damage upgrades, thats few enough to not really damage your army in the mid-game, and many enough to completely shut down all production and kill buildings in a matter of 5-10 seconds.

when you say "on the techpath" do you mean to say you want ovydrops to be required to get for optimal playing? this could be achieved by something like "ovy drops now make each overlord generate 10 supply instead of 8" but in my honest opinion as zerg, that would make zerg way overpowered.
I'm better today than I was yesterday!
Spacedude
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark161 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-25 13:23:11
August 25 2011 13:21 GMT
#2553
I fear that Blizzard might be rushing balance changes out before enough time has passed and the overall picture is more clear. They say the game is still quite 'soft' so I don't know how much I like them messing with the game. Everbody seem to have their own holy version of what needs to be done with the game, but let's hope Blizzard's decisions are solid, as solid as they can be in a dynamic game, that is. Each new patch will serve to undermind the solidity of game and the game will then have to 'earn' it again over time, but with HOTS coming out it doesn't matter much, I guess.
Protoss win, Protoss OP. Terran win, Terran OP. Zerg win, Zerg OP. Less whine, more gg.
SnuggleZhenya
Profile Joined July 2010
596 Posts
August 25 2011 13:24 GMT
#2554
Unexpected patch to be sure, but I don't have huge problems with anything myself. The Blue Flame nerf is the most unexpected for me. The Blink change doesn't strike me as too big a deal, it really is only going to outright nerf one build. In fact, the ramp vision change nerfs Blink more than the Blink change I think.
You'll never get better being an angry nerd sitting alone in your room.
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
August 25 2011 13:24 GMT
#2555
On August 25 2011 13:24 tehemperorer wrote:
Totally unfucking-necessary nerf to blink... way to spend time on shitty unit (mothership), and zerg can tech switch/mass ultras faster... yeah great patch... 1 engagement, then remax on ultras in 55 seconds? ok...

I'm not certain, but it seems like the blink nerf (and immortal buff, too) impacts PVP the most - the ultra-fast blink timing (where blink is done basically the same time warpgate is) wasn't particularly useful in PVZ or PVT.
Sbrubbles
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil5776 Posts
August 25 2011 13:25 GMT
#2556
On August 25 2011 22:21 Spacedude wrote:
I fear that Blizzard might be rushing balance changes out before enough time has passed and the overall picture is more clear. They say the game is still quite 'soft' so I don't know how much I like them messing with the game. Everbody seem to have their own holy version of what needs to be done with the game, but let's hope Blizzard's decisions are solid, as solid as they can be in a dynamic game, that is. Each new patch will serve to undermind the solidity of game and the game will then have to 'earn' it again over time, but with HOTS coming out it doesn't matter much, I guess.


Hmm, maybe that's why this is not an actual patch but something to try out on the PTR?
Bora Pain minha porra!
Severedevil
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States4839 Posts
August 25 2011 13:25 GMT
#2557
On August 25 2011 19:39 darkness wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 25 2011 19:33 rpgalon wrote:
the Immortal +1 range and the blink 30+ seconds research is going to fuck PvP, I don't see both going through the PTR.



I think PvP is going to be more about robo after these changes. That's just my guess though.

Of course, "more about Robo" opens up the opportunity for Stargate play...
My strategy is to fork people.
Utinni
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada1196 Posts
August 25 2011 13:25 GMT
#2558
On August 25 2011 22:21 Spacedude wrote:
I fear that Blizzard might be rushing balance changes out before enough time has passed and the overall picture is more clear. They say the game is still quite 'soft' so I don't know how much I like them messing with the game. Everbody seem to have their own holy version of what needs to be done with the game, but let's hope Blizzard's decisions are solid, as solid as they can be in a dynamic game, that is. Each new patch will serve to undermind the solidity of game and the game will then have to 'earn' it again over time, but with HOTS coming out it doesn't matter much, I guess.

You answered yourself right at the end. There are two more expansions coming out so there is gonna be balance issues for years to come. Probably should get use to it hehe
“... you don’t have to be Sun freakin Tzu to know that real fighting isn’t about killing or even hurting the other guy, it’s about scaring him enough to call it a day.” - Max Brooks: World War Z
Rannasha
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Netherlands2398 Posts
August 25 2011 13:26 GMT
#2559
On August 25 2011 22:19 ZidaneTribal wrote:
looks like a good patch, but why did it arrive a day before MLG raleigh? blizzard should have gave players some time to prepare for the changes

nice to see immortal range increased though, immortals might get used more even in team games now


The patch is on the test server only so far, it'll be a while before it hits the actual B.net servers. Possibly with some further tweaks.
Such flammable little insects!
AmericanUmlaut
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany2597 Posts
August 25 2011 13:26 GMT
#2560
One of the more minor changes that I think is kind of interesting:

Resources spent repairing are now reported as resources lost when the repaired unit dies.


Doesn't change gameplay in any way, but it makes the resources lost tab slightly more accurate in terms of showing how much investment has been lost.

Also

Fixed an issue where Colossus thermal lance beams would track a unit much further than the range of the weapon.

This makes me very sad. I love the blink/infinite lance visual.
The frumious Bandersnatch
Prev 1 126 127 128 129 130 453 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 15m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Railgan 90
Codebar 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 65306
Bisu 3361
FanTaSy 1360
Stork 774
Rush 386
firebathero 254
Snow 216
Mind 122
hero 120
Last 113
[ Show more ]
Free 81
Sharp 77
Pusan 62
Sexy 54
ToSsGirL 42
Trap 39
Hm[arnc] 33
Bale 33
Mong 27
Terrorterran 24
yabsab 18
Aegong 17
Rock 15
Noble 15
zelot 14
HiyA 11
Shine 9
IntoTheRainbow 8
Sacsri 8
scan(afreeca) 7
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7462
Dendi1212
Counter-Strike
fl0m2510
byalli1105
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King104
Other Games
gofns39099
singsing2328
Liquid`RaSZi921
B2W.Neo645
Beastyqt435
Happy275
Mlord275
Pyrionflax248
Hui .215
Khaldor140
Chillindude25
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV245
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 97
• Dystopia_ 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV496
League of Legends
• Nemesis3376
• Jankos2979
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1434
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 15m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 15m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 15m
OSC
9h 15m
Replay Cast
9h 15m
OSC
22h 15m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 21h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.