• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:09
CEST 23:09
KST 06:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War335.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7855 users

GosuCoaching: Trials and Tribulations... /rant - Page 2

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
thesighter
Profile Joined July 2010
United States347 Posts
August 24 2010 11:20 GMT
#21
Ask them for a refund, post a thread about it in SC2 general, and don't deal with them again. No need to apologize. If a company does not respect your time or money, no need to waste your time with them. Their response to you is extremely unprofessional.

If $200 is the market price, I think the "sc2 pros" may as well do full time coaching, rather than participate in tournaments. eg the price is ridiculous.
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
August 24 2010 11:55 GMT
#22
On August 24 2010 20:20 thesighter wrote:
Ask them for a refund, post a thread about it in SC2 general, and don't deal with them again. No need to apologize. If a company does not respect your time or money, no need to waste your time with them. Their response to you is extremely unprofessional.

If $200 is the market price, I think the "sc2 pros" may as well do full time coaching, rather than participate in tournaments. eg the price is ridiculous.

yes, but if they don't stay in the scene and do well in tournies, then how can they rightfully ask for those fees?
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
PokePill
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States1048 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-24 13:19:42
August 24 2010 13:13 GMT
#23
On August 24 2010 20:55 CharlieMurphy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 24 2010 20:20 thesighter wrote:
Ask them for a refund, post a thread about it in SC2 general, and don't deal with them again. No need to apologize. If a company does not respect your time or money, no need to waste your time with them. Their response to you is extremely unprofessional.

If $200 is the market price, I think the "sc2 pros" may as well do full time coaching, rather than participate in tournaments. eg the price is ridiculous.

yes, but if they don't stay in the scene and do well in tournies, then how can they rightfully ask for those fees?


Winning actual tournaments doesn't matter when your brand is pushed through streams, interviews and bombarded in the face of the new age TL crowd in a manner that gives the illusion that they are actually "pro gamers."

Also I'm sure $200 must be for like 20 hours so regardless, it's a fair deal.
QuanticHawk
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States32159 Posts
August 24 2010 15:16 GMT
#24
If the issue was you screwing up on the timezones, why the hell are you making this thread and screwing up the company image???
PROFESSIONAL GAMER - SEND ME OFFERS TO JOIN YOUR TEAM - USA USA USA
Deleted User 55994
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
949 Posts
August 24 2010 15:45 GMT
#25
On August 25 2010 00:16 Hawk wrote:
If the issue was you screwing up on the timezones, why the hell are you making this thread and screwing up the company image???


Objective reviews of products are pretty sweet. How dare you ruin their image by telling people they might need to be a little wary of spending their money here!!!
floor exercise
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Canada5847 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-24 15:58:53
August 24 2010 15:58 GMT
#26
On August 25 2010 00:16 Hawk wrote:
If the issue was you screwing up on the timezones, why the hell are you making this thread and screwing up the company image???

Did you read? They never told him the timezone, not that it would have mattered since instead of making good on the scheduled lesson that someone paid for Incontrol took the opportunity to go to Dubai. Which is fine but no one even rescheduled for this guy who gave them $200. It's a shitty thing to do to a paying customer.

Don't settle for Future if you don't want to be taught by him. I don't say that because of how good/bad he is at SC2 but because you paid $200 to be taught by Incontrol. If he's not available that's life. Maybe it will make Gosucoaching realize not all their coaches' time is worth the same amount of money

You don't owe it to the community or ESPORTS, they took your money in exchange for a service, either get the service or get your money back or find a compromise you are happy with.
Kexx
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany240 Posts
August 24 2010 15:58 GMT
#27
On August 25 2010 00:16 Hawk wrote:
If the issue was you screwing up on the timezones, why the hell are you making this thread and screwing up the company image???


I think you need to reread everything, you obviously only read what you wanted to see.
chooooch
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
August 24 2010 18:00 GMT
#28
On August 25 2010 00:16 Hawk wrote:
If the issue was you screwing up on the timezones, why the hell are you making this thread and screwing up the company image???


Really there's nothing wrong with the thread. This is actually one of the first real complaints we've received, we don't claim to be perfect, Louder has never run a business before and neither have I, this whole thing is a learning process for everyone involved basically. We will work to make sure these sorts of issues don't happen in the future.

And yes, he should not have to settle for another coach if he paid specifically for one, we will get the issue sorted out though.
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
Louder
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States2276 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-24 18:09:45
August 24 2010 18:08 GMT
#29
How about you pick up the phone and call me directly? There's a number clearly displayed when you make a payment that goes directly to me. Incontrol ended up going out of the country on short notice, and I've spent the last 6 days moving - meaning if something serious is going on, I need to be reached by phone - and it's pretty easy to do.

Obviously we try to respond with details to any specific questions, but most people do ask extremely VAGUE questions, and as such get vague answers. As for time zones, we always communicate with players in their local time. Always. No exceptions. The only timezone issues I've seen up to this point are with coaches being confused about time zones.

As for scheduling - stuff happens. I apologize, of course, for your difficulties. That said, sometimes things happen, sometimes people aren't as proactive as they should be, and that's something we're working on. It's a new business that's FAR busier than any of us expected, and that's leading to growing pains. It's our goal to make sure every student is absolutely satisfied, and 99% of the time that happens, but sometimes it doesn't. I'm sorry you chose to publicly blog about your negative experience before even attempting to contact the owner of the website (myself) directly by the phone number you were clearly given when you made a payment, as I could have easily (and quickly) sorted this out for you.

If you'd like to work it out, I'd be happy to speak to you any time.

Thanks
Louder
CTStalker
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Canada9720 Posts
August 24 2010 18:44 GMT
#30
You would probably be doing your business a better service if you kept your reply to "We're sorry you're having problems, we're walking on it, please give me a call and we can sort your problems out."
By the way, my name is Funk. I am not of your world
FuDDx *
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States5018 Posts
August 24 2010 19:07 GMT
#31
Ill be heading to Phx tomorrow... want me to stop by and bust some heads?

Joking aside hope things work out well with everything.Good luck on improving your game!!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Balloon-Man-FuDD/237447769616965?ref=hl
Louder
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States2276 Posts
August 24 2010 19:10 GMT
#32
On August 25 2010 03:44 CTStalker wrote:
You would probably be doing your business a better service if you kept your reply to "We're sorry you're having problems, we're walking on it, please give me a call and we can sort your problems out."


That was certainly my first instinct However I do feel in some situations, big public rants like this do call for something more. Thanks for the feedback
MacroNcheesE
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States508 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-24 21:27:47
August 24 2010 20:07 GMT
#33
In all fairness your company seems to endorse public feedback from customers. I read numerous things about how great the gosucoaching experience was on a few different sites, yours included. I didn't see anyone from gosucoaching ask any of them to refrain from "publicly blogging" about their positive experience with GC and/or their coaches until they had spoken with the owner directly via telephone.

I mean if I have a problem with my cheeseburger @ McDonalds I don't have to call up the CEO and be like "WTF? I said no onions".

Also I just found out that you spent the past week or so moving only yesterday. I thought that I was e-mailing you. It still baffles me @ how you're basically putting the blame on me, it's pretty hilarious actually. You guys screwed up, repeatedly, and I decided to voice my feelings about my experience dealing with GC, and now your feelings are hurt? I certainly have not fabricated this story in any way whatsoever, and it's a very fair critique. If you think it's unfair then please let me know how. If you're just upset that I posted a blog about it then you're just going to have to deal with it and use this incident as a way to mature as a business and an owner.

I would have certainly blogged about my experience with GC if I did have a satisfactory experience with you guys. But, regrettably, it did not turn out like that.

I'm looking through the correspondence e-mails I have with you guys and I can't find the telephone number anywhere. I've saved all of them, but I might have deleted the paypal e-mail, if that's the case then that is completely my fault, because I might not have saved your telephone number. And nobody was like "Dude, just call Louder, he'll set you right up." but rather "okay well send an e-mail and someone will get in touch with you.".

If you can't handle some criticism you shouldn't run a business that is going to be under a microscope from a very large and critical community.
Doubt is the venom that has paralyzed humanity.
Louder
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States2276 Posts
August 25 2010 01:24 GMT
#34
I would not compare a company this size to McDonald's we do encourage people to post about what they learn in lessons for sure. I also have no issue with negative feedback - certainly not everyone will have a positive experience. I do however feel it is necessary to be fair in either case and not artificially kind, nor unreasonably negative.

I've already had a few conversations with staff to avoid such confusion in the future. I will also add language somewhere about the phone # so its not shown to customers through paypal. And again i would be happy to take your call regarding this or any other issue you have with gc or its staff.
DISHU
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom348 Posts
August 25 2010 01:30 GMT
#35
drama nicee
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. But what are timeflies and why do they like an arrow?
Plyte
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States30 Posts
August 25 2010 03:01 GMT
#36
I really do agree with the fact that they should have added the phone number or at least had a meet up and talk on skype, I had that same experience that OP had, and I understand that there were some parts where i say PST time and i think they take it as EST. It may have been my fault if i didn't catch a certain time frame that i said was not a good time for me.

The experience was, I had said any other time than 5-8 PST which i did not say EST, but it as assumed that it was 8-11 EST. It turns out that for what i thought the confirmation which i thought was 8:15 PST was in fact 8:15 EST which is 5:15 PST and i would not be available because well.. i wasn't home. So i had to reschedule with iNKa which took 2 seconds!! This as a first time customer, in which i had to schedule for next week, which is hard because next week i start school. Other than this experience, which yes i understand that it may have been my fault it may have been they're fault, but either way it was very frustrating.

This hopeful would help Gosucoaching in the future by making so that a person calls the customer that is interested in lessons, this way everything would be clear, accurate time, confirming everything even with email to make sure. I do look forward to next week lessons and maybe even doing more in future, but for now i thought I'd give a little feedback.
(屮゚Д゚)屮 Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.(屮゚Д゚)屮
Megalisk
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States6095 Posts
August 25 2010 03:04 GMT
#37
On August 25 2010 10:30 DISHU wrote:
drama nicee


No drama here some guy just had a bad experience lol. I look forward to getting lessons from machine sometime in the next few weeks :D.
Tear stained american saints and dirty guitar dreams across a universe of desert and blue sky , gas station coffee love letters and two dollar pistol kisses from thirty five dollar hotel room stationary .
MacroNcheesE
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States508 Posts
August 25 2010 03:29 GMT
#38
No drama here, I said what I wanted to say. So good luck to GC/Coaches/Louder in the future and I truly hope that everything works out greater than they could imagine with their business! Take care folks!
Doubt is the venom that has paralyzed humanity.
krndandaman
Profile Joined August 2009
Mozambique16569 Posts
August 25 2010 03:29 GMT
#39
--- Nuked ---
Divinek
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Canada4045 Posts
August 25 2010 03:35 GMT
#40
On August 24 2010 22:13 PokePill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 24 2010 20:55 CharlieMurphy wrote:
On August 24 2010 20:20 thesighter wrote:
Ask them for a refund, post a thread about it in SC2 general, and don't deal with them again. No need to apologize. If a company does not respect your time or money, no need to waste your time with them. Their response to you is extremely unprofessional.

If $200 is the market price, I think the "sc2 pros" may as well do full time coaching, rather than participate in tournaments. eg the price is ridiculous.

yes, but if they don't stay in the scene and do well in tournies, then how can they rightfully ask for those fees?


Winning actual tournaments doesn't matter when your brand is pushed through streams, interviews and bombarded in the face of the new age TL crowd in a manner that gives the illusion that they are actually "pro gamers."

Also I'm sure $200 must be for like 20 hours so regardless, it's a fair deal.



you'd think for that amount of money it would be, but not even close

$195 per month for one weekly two hour lesson, or two weekly one hour lessons

so once a week for 2 hours, is 8 hours for 195 dollas
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Oh goodness me, FOX tv where do you get your sight? Can't you keep track, the puck is black. That's why the ice is white.
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 51m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 605
ProTech165
UpATreeSC 88
Nina 63
NeuroSwarm 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14927
910 71
soO 37
NaDa 11
Dota 2
monkeys_forever181
canceldota89
League of Legends
Doublelift2436
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4203
Other Games
summit1g2597
fl0m1400
FrodaN851
olofmeister818
Liquid`Hasu330
C9.Mang0218
Livibee190
ToD75
PPMD22
Organizations
StarCraft 2
angryscii 20
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 16
• Adnapsc2 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 67
• FirePhoenix7
• Michael_bg 4
• niya90s 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21291
• WagamamaTV514
League of Legends
• Scarra715
Other Games
• imaqtpie1012
• Shiphtur682
• tFFMrPink 12
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 51m
Big Brain Bouts
12h 51m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
19h 51m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
21h 51m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 12h
Patches Events
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 21h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.