• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:05
CEST 01:05
KST 08:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7436 users

[IEST] Hwasin and Calm: Attempt@Psuedo-Journalism. - Page 4

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Last Romantic
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States20667 Posts
October 23 2007 02:33 GMT
#61
The main difference is that other trash-talking was public. Chat to all.

The fact that they whispered shows they were trying to hide something. That leads to the conclusion that they were doing something they thought was wrong - or why bother hiding?

In other lobby trash talking, it was always out in the open. Reach, YellOw, Chalrenge, BoxeR have all said random crap in the lobby [I'm sure many other players have as well] for both mind game//entertainment.

The differences are key.

a) /w instead of just to all. why need of secrecy?
b) detail of discussion. most cases are just silly. 1sunk all drone// 2sunk no ling is pretty specific. the usual trashtalk is less serious content.
c) not any threat tone. there wasn't any "I'll beat you". Just straight up saying what they're doing the next game.

I think simply the fact that they were using /w is enough evidence to say they were rigging it. There is no other reason to use /w.
ㅋㄲㅈㅁ
MeriaDoKk
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Chile1726 Posts
October 23 2007 02:42 GMT
#62
Ok my final decision is that games where not rigged.

GG no RE!
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-10-23 02:52:18
October 23 2007 02:51 GMT
#63
On October 23 2007 11:33 Last Romantic wrote:
The main difference is that other trash-talking was public. Chat to all.

The fact that they whispered shows they were trying to hide something. That leads to the conclusion that they were doing something they thought was wrong - or why bother hiding?

In other lobby trash talking, it was always out in the open. Reach, YellOw, Chalrenge, BoxeR have all said random crap in the lobby [I'm sure many other players have as well] for both mind game//entertainment.

The differences are key.

a) /w instead of just to all. why need of secrecy?
b) detail of discussion. most cases are just silly. 1sunk all drone// 2sunk no ling is pretty specific. the usual trashtalk is less serious content.
c) not any threat tone. there wasn't any "I'll beat you". Just straight up saying what they're doing the next game.

I think simply the fact that they were using /w is enough evidence to say they were rigging it. There is no other reason to use /w.
Honestly, I think the /w argument is the weakest of the bunch, and if it were just game 5 I'd be closer to the mind tricks thing, since Calm only said what he'd be doing.

Game 4 is the most fishy to me (Here's the pic since no one has posted the g4 one yet.) I'm not sure what the last line says but the first 3 tell exactly what happened during the game.
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
bumpirate
Profile Joined June 2007
United States122 Posts
October 23 2007 02:56 GMT
#64
On October 23 2007 10:05 []Dlayer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2007 09:38 []Dlayer wrote:
On October 23 2007 09:30 Jibba wrote:
It seems unlikely that the Koreans will do anything at this point, but have any of the Chinese officials said anything? What if STX were banned from competing in IEST from now on. Yes, Koreans look down on foreign tournaments, but do they look down on foreign $30,000 paychecks?



I'm curious too. What are Chinese official/IEST saying about this issue?





bump




BUMP BUMP
...
404.Nintu
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Canada1723 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-10-23 03:06:03
October 23 2007 03:03 GMT
#65
On October 23 2007 11:33 Last Romantic wrote:
The main difference is that other trash-talking was public. Chat to all.

The fact that they whispered shows they were trying to hide something. That leads to the conclusion that they were doing something they thought was wrong - or why bother hiding?

In other lobby trash talking, it was always out in the open. Reach, YellOw, Chalrenge, BoxeR have all said random crap in the lobby [I'm sure many other players have as well] for both mind game//entertainment.

The differences are key.

a) /w instead of just to all. why need of secrecy?
b) detail of discussion. most cases are just silly. 1sunk all drone// 2sunk no ling is pretty specific. the usual trashtalk is less serious content.
c) not any threat tone. there wasn't any "I'll beat you". Just straight up saying what they're doing the next game.

I think simply the fact that they were using /w is enough evidence to say they were rigging it. There is no other reason to use /w.


I uhh... I completely disagree with you.

There's no other reason to use whispers? It's this giant tournament, TONS of people watching. They can't just spam chat with "lolz, I beat u wit 1 hnad bhind my bak." or else the tournament organizers will get pissed? Or else they appear unprofessional?

Players messaging eachother happens "all the time", in the all-star event, they were allowed and encouraged to do this using regular chat to make it more enjoyable and interesting, but normally, they do it through whispers.

Imagine yourself in a tournament with a friend. Would you spam the chat with stuff like that, or would you PM him? Personally, I'd PM him, as I think most people would.

Also, have you ever been really cocky and told your friend "I'll go X-build and still kick your ass =P"? Be honest. I know I have. It messes him up because now he's going to wonder "Wait, is he actually going to try that? Last time he said that, he actually did it."

It is possible, is it not?

Edit: typo.
"So, then did the American yum-yum clown monkey also represent the FCC?"
haduken
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Australia8267 Posts
October 23 2007 03:06 GMT
#66
Seriously, i'm more pissed off about STX's coach's comment than the rigging game. It implied a complete lack of respect for non-korean e-sport.

This year's IEST sucked hard and now this? I have a suspicion that we won't see another IEST next year.
Rillanon.au
ArC_man
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States2798 Posts
October 23 2007 03:10 GMT
#67
The whisper argument is perfectly fine. The All-Star games are purely for fun, no money or championships involved. It's made to have a casual atmosphere where players are allowed to speak out and tease each other. What happened between Hwasin and Calm was during a tournament finals. Out of all the MSL FPVods I've seen, this has never happened before. The Koreans who went to Blizzcon didn't fuck around and whisper each other before the matches started.
Last Romantic
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States20667 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-10-23 03:14:20
October 23 2007 03:11 GMT
#68
In the Korean leagues, the players are perfectly fine with conducting conversations without /w in the chat lobby. Silly or psychological or both.

BoxeR vs YellOw after game 2, BoxeR's sarcastic "sugo". [after winning game 1 and game 2 off bunker rush, he went in lobby and said "hihih sugo" = good job. yeah ok ]

BoxeR vs NaDa in that hour+ TvT just saying random crap about nukes and turtling and mining. There was both teasing and strategical pokes.

Reach vs YellOw "shut up, noob" [this one is just a bit silly. Reach was doing the usual s/t/a/r/t that many gamers do. yellOw jokingly told him to shut up]

Reach vs someone [might've been Cloud? Not sure] bragging about his good looks

Chalrenge: I don't think I need examples for this one.

With so many examples of players perfectly able to talk in the lobby without /w, it seems suspicious that these two used it.
ㅋㄲㅈㅁ
oneofthem
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Cayman Islands24199 Posts
October 23 2007 03:17 GMT
#69
On October 23 2007 06:20 minus_human wrote:
I personally refuse to believe they "fixed their matches"
It sounds absurde and it makes little sense, however the strongest argument is the Korean mentality, they're too competitive for this.
I don't see how it would matter too much, since they're on the same team, and both Koreans. It's not like China had a chance for 1st place and they got cheated or anything.
While if this is true, then it would be very bad sportmanship, and a little bad mannered on the behalf of the Koreans, I don't think KeSPa or anyone should have a very powerful reaction to this.
a competitive mentality would show competitive behavior, and various other factors. that you believe they were in a competitive mentality does not make it so. look at what the coach said, as an effort to explain away the situation, 'the game was a meaningless game.' oh, who would think of that as an excuse in a hypercompetitive culture?

as for why it matters, first, it shows these players are not above fixing games. and then, it shows a disrespect for the tournament. we would be expecting too much for the gamers to treat The Game that seriously, (or maybe not) but this at least shatters some images and idols.
We have fed the heart on fantasies, the heart's grown brutal from the fare, more substance in our enmities than in our love
oneofthem
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Cayman Islands24199 Posts
October 23 2007 03:24 GMT
#70
On October 23 2007 12:03 Nintu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2007 11:33 Last Romantic wrote:
The main difference is that other trash-talking was public. Chat to all.

The fact that they whispered shows they were trying to hide something. That leads to the conclusion that they were doing something they thought was wrong - or why bother hiding?

In other lobby trash talking, it was always out in the open. Reach, YellOw, Chalrenge, BoxeR have all said random crap in the lobby [I'm sure many other players have as well] for both mind game//entertainment.

The differences are key.

a) /w instead of just to all. why need of secrecy?
b) detail of discussion. most cases are just silly. 1sunk all drone// 2sunk no ling is pretty specific. the usual trashtalk is less serious content.
c) not any threat tone. there wasn't any "I'll beat you". Just straight up saying what they're doing the next game.

I think simply the fact that they were using /w is enough evidence to say they were rigging it. There is no other reason to use /w.


I uhh... I completely disagree with you.

There's no other reason to use whispers? It's this giant tournament, TONS of people watching. They can't just spam chat with "lolz, I beat u wit 1 hnad bhind my bak." or else the tournament organizers will get pissed? Or else they appear unprofessional?

Players messaging eachother happens "all the time", in the all-star event, they were allowed and encouraged to do this using regular chat to make it more enjoyable and interesting, but normally, they do it through whispers.

Imagine yourself in a tournament with a friend. Would you spam the chat with stuff like that, or would you PM him? Personally, I'd PM him, as I think most people would.

Also, have you ever been really cocky and told your friend "I'll go X-build and still kick your ass =P"? Be honest. I know I have. It messes him up because now he's going to wonder "Wait, is he actually going to try that? Last time he said that, he actually did it."

It is possible, is it not?

Edit: typo.
the whisper argument should be understood along with the corroborating observed behavior that established the theory that they cheated. this includes the matching chat message and actual gameplay. you are not convinced by the argument because you are still operating within your peculiar rationalization. if you were to examine your theory as a whole, it would be ridiculous.

feel free to challenge this by completely outlining your theory on this matter.
We have fed the heart on fantasies, the heart's grown brutal from the fare, more substance in our enmities than in our love
Tadzio
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
3340 Posts
October 23 2007 03:26 GMT
#71
For an American like me, the whispered taunt argument is hard to swallow. I'm sure their must be studies somewhere that show that public taunts cause more psychological damage, and therefore give more advantage than hidden ones. I'm not very aware of korean cultural taboos, so maybe its not cool to insult your opponent publicly there. But Muhammad Ali was pretty savvy at creating public appeal through his taunts. The guy held press conferences to taunt opponents like George Foreman ("If you dream of beating me, you'd better wake up and apologize", "Now you see me, now you don't. George thinks he will, but I know he won't"), he didn't pass Foreman notes under the table.

haduken
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Australia8267 Posts
October 23 2007 03:26 GMT
#72
What ever it was, it was a dumb thing to do at the least. I hope the coach now teaches them proper manners and conduct.
Rillanon.au
404.Nintu
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Canada1723 Posts
October 23 2007 03:28 GMT
#73
On October 23 2007 12:10 ArC_man wrote:
The whisper argument is perfectly fine. The All-Star games are purely for fun, no money or championships involved. It's made to have a casual atmosphere where players are allowed to speak out and tease each other. What happened between Hwasin and Calm was during a tournament finals. Out of all the MSL FPVods I've seen, this has never happened before. The Koreans who went to Blizzcon didn't fuck around and whisper each other before the matches started.


Because as I, Hwasin, Calm and the coach said, they were taking it 'lightly' unlike the MSL. And yes, the Koreans do fuck around at other non-korean events, like WCG (Stork throwing games, obs/turret bug, etc..)
"So, then did the American yum-yum clown monkey also represent the FCC?"
404.Nintu
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Canada1723 Posts
October 23 2007 03:37 GMT
#74
On October 23 2007 12:24 oneofthem wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2007 12:03 Nintu wrote:
On October 23 2007 11:33 Last Romantic wrote:
The main difference is that other trash-talking was public. Chat to all.

The fact that they whispered shows they were trying to hide something. That leads to the conclusion that they were doing something they thought was wrong - or why bother hiding?

In other lobby trash talking, it was always out in the open. Reach, YellOw, Chalrenge, BoxeR have all said random crap in the lobby [I'm sure many other players have as well] for both mind game//entertainment.

The differences are key.

a) /w instead of just to all. why need of secrecy?
b) detail of discussion. most cases are just silly. 1sunk all drone// 2sunk no ling is pretty specific. the usual trashtalk is less serious content.
c) not any threat tone. there wasn't any "I'll beat you". Just straight up saying what they're doing the next game.

I think simply the fact that they were using /w is enough evidence to say they were rigging it. There is no other reason to use /w.


I uhh... I completely disagree with you.

There's no other reason to use whispers? It's this giant tournament, TONS of people watching. They can't just spam chat with "lolz, I beat u wit 1 hnad bhind my bak." or else the tournament organizers will get pissed? Or else they appear unprofessional?

Players messaging eachother happens "all the time", in the all-star event, they were allowed and encouraged to do this using regular chat to make it more enjoyable and interesting, but normally, they do it through whispers.

Imagine yourself in a tournament with a friend. Would you spam the chat with stuff like that, or would you PM him? Personally, I'd PM him, as I think most people would.

Also, have you ever been really cocky and told your friend "I'll go X-build and still kick your ass =P"? Be honest. I know I have. It messes him up because now he's going to wonder "Wait, is he actually going to try that? Last time he said that, he actually did it."

It is possible, is it not?

Edit: typo.
the whisper argument should be understood along with the corroborating observed behavior that established the theory that they cheated. this includes the matching chat message and actual gameplay. you are not convinced by the argument because you are still operating within your peculiar rationalization. if you were to examine your theory as a whole, it would be ridiculous.

feel free to challenge this by completely outlining your theory on this matter.


You mis-understood. I never claimed it was the only logical explanation, just that it was possible, and if you examine the past behavior of pro-gamers at international events, that players whisper eachother all the time and play mind games(including talk about build orders and strategies), that this explanation is quite believable.

It is my personal opinion, that these players are probably only guilty of taking the event lightly, which they admitted to.

Basically, as cliche as it is, innocent until proven guilty. And until it is proven beyond a reasonable doubt, which I don't believe it has been, I reserve my judgment.
"So, then did the American yum-yum clown monkey also represent the FCC?"
oneofthem
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Cayman Islands24199 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-10-23 03:44:05
October 23 2007 03:38 GMT
#75
On October 23 2007 12:28 Nintu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2007 12:10 ArC_man wrote:
The whisper argument is perfectly fine. The All-Star games are purely for fun, no money or championships involved. It's made to have a casual atmosphere where players are allowed to speak out and tease each other. What happened between Hwasin and Calm was during a tournament finals. Out of all the MSL FPVods I've seen, this has never happened before. The Koreans who went to Blizzcon didn't fuck around and whisper each other before the matches started.


Because as I, Hwasin, Calm and the coach said, they were taking it 'lightly' unlike the MSL. And yes, the Koreans do fuck around at other non-korean events, like WCG (Stork throwing games, obs/turret bug, etc..)
hahahah. so they were taking it so lightly that they resorted to inventive mindgames to gain an edge, presumably, or simply to create some lulz by trolling the public and fucking over their image by playing exactly like how they told each other they would.


if they came out and said, LOL TROLLED, great lulz. i'd be more inclined to believe them and pass it off with a chuckle. but look, what you offered up as a rationalization does not make sense. if they took the tournament so lightly, why did they resort to hidden mindgames that the evil matler is reputed to engage in to gain an edge and prove his absolute badass competitiveness. did they also take their public image lightly when they did everything they could to appear suspicious.

here's the deal, if they do not come out in a few days and say, LOL EPIC TROLL!!! they colluded.
We have fed the heart on fantasies, the heart's grown brutal from the fare, more substance in our enmities than in our love
oneofthem
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Cayman Islands24199 Posts
October 23 2007 03:39 GMT
#76
On October 23 2007 12:37 Nintu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2007 12:24 oneofthem wrote:
On October 23 2007 12:03 Nintu wrote:
On October 23 2007 11:33 Last Romantic wrote:
The main difference is that other trash-talking was public. Chat to all.

The fact that they whispered shows they were trying to hide something. That leads to the conclusion that they were doing something they thought was wrong - or why bother hiding?

In other lobby trash talking, it was always out in the open. Reach, YellOw, Chalrenge, BoxeR have all said random crap in the lobby [I'm sure many other players have as well] for both mind game//entertainment.

The differences are key.

a) /w instead of just to all. why need of secrecy?
b) detail of discussion. most cases are just silly. 1sunk all drone// 2sunk no ling is pretty specific. the usual trashtalk is less serious content.
c) not any threat tone. there wasn't any "I'll beat you". Just straight up saying what they're doing the next game.

I think simply the fact that they were using /w is enough evidence to say they were rigging it. There is no other reason to use /w.


I uhh... I completely disagree with you.

There's no other reason to use whispers? It's this giant tournament, TONS of people watching. They can't just spam chat with "lolz, I beat u wit 1 hnad bhind my bak." or else the tournament organizers will get pissed? Or else they appear unprofessional?

Players messaging eachother happens "all the time", in the all-star event, they were allowed and encouraged to do this using regular chat to make it more enjoyable and interesting, but normally, they do it through whispers.

Imagine yourself in a tournament with a friend. Would you spam the chat with stuff like that, or would you PM him? Personally, I'd PM him, as I think most people would.

Also, have you ever been really cocky and told your friend "I'll go X-build and still kick your ass =P"? Be honest. I know I have. It messes him up because now he's going to wonder "Wait, is he actually going to try that? Last time he said that, he actually did it."

It is possible, is it not?

Edit: typo.
the whisper argument should be understood along with the corroborating observed behavior that established the theory that they cheated. this includes the matching chat message and actual gameplay. you are not convinced by the argument because you are still operating within your peculiar rationalization. if you were to examine your theory as a whole, it would be ridiculous.

feel free to challenge this by completely outlining your theory on this matter.


You mis-understood. I never claimed it was the only logical explanation, just that it was possible, and if you examine the past behavior of pro-gamers at international events, that players whisper eachother all the time and play mind games(including talk about build orders and strategies), that this explanation is quite believable.

It is my personal opinion, that these players are probably only guilty of taking the event lightly, which they admitted to.

Basically, as cliche as it is, innocent until proven guilty. And until it is proven beyond a reasonable doubt, which I don't believe it has been, I reserve my judgment.
i did not misunderstand. why offer a rationalization when there is no perceived benefit. rationalizatino and logic are tools that we would use if we wish to maybe convince people or establish a reasonable position. i am simply saying, you are not doing a good job at it.
We have fed the heart on fantasies, the heart's grown brutal from the fare, more substance in our enmities than in our love
ArC_man
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States2798 Posts
October 23 2007 03:40 GMT
#77
On October 23 2007 12:28 Nintu wrote:
Because as I, Hwasin, Calm and the coach said, they were taking it 'lightly' unlike the MSL. And yes, the Koreans do fuck around at other non-korean events, like WCG (Stork throwing games, obs/turret bug, etc..)

The fact that they weren't even taking the games seriously, even though it was the finals (with a lot of money involved from sponsors and fans) already warrants a full apology. They are professionals, they are expected to act professional. This entire event has shown how little class the whole STX team has.
404.Nintu
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Canada1723 Posts
October 23 2007 03:45 GMT
#78
On October 23 2007 12:39 oneofthem wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2007 12:37 Nintu wrote:
On October 23 2007 12:24 oneofthem wrote:
On October 23 2007 12:03 Nintu wrote:
On October 23 2007 11:33 Last Romantic wrote:
The main difference is that other trash-talking was public. Chat to all.

The fact that they whispered shows they were trying to hide something. That leads to the conclusion that they were doing something they thought was wrong - or why bother hiding?

In other lobby trash talking, it was always out in the open. Reach, YellOw, Chalrenge, BoxeR have all said random crap in the lobby [I'm sure many other players have as well] for both mind game//entertainment.

The differences are key.

a) /w instead of just to all. why need of secrecy?
b) detail of discussion. most cases are just silly. 1sunk all drone// 2sunk no ling is pretty specific. the usual trashtalk is less serious content.
c) not any threat tone. there wasn't any "I'll beat you". Just straight up saying what they're doing the next game.

I think simply the fact that they were using /w is enough evidence to say they were rigging it. There is no other reason to use /w.


I uhh... I completely disagree with you.

There's no other reason to use whispers? It's this giant tournament, TONS of people watching. They can't just spam chat with "lolz, I beat u wit 1 hnad bhind my bak." or else the tournament organizers will get pissed? Or else they appear unprofessional?

Players messaging eachother happens "all the time", in the all-star event, they were allowed and encouraged to do this using regular chat to make it more enjoyable and interesting, but normally, they do it through whispers.

Imagine yourself in a tournament with a friend. Would you spam the chat with stuff like that, or would you PM him? Personally, I'd PM him, as I think most people would.

Also, have you ever been really cocky and told your friend "I'll go X-build and still kick your ass =P"? Be honest. I know I have. It messes him up because now he's going to wonder "Wait, is he actually going to try that? Last time he said that, he actually did it."

It is possible, is it not?

Edit: typo.
the whisper argument should be understood along with the corroborating observed behavior that established the theory that they cheated. this includes the matching chat message and actual gameplay. you are not convinced by the argument because you are still operating within your peculiar rationalization. if you were to examine your theory as a whole, it would be ridiculous.

feel free to challenge this by completely outlining your theory on this matter.


You mis-understood. I never claimed it was the only logical explanation, just that it was possible, and if you examine the past behavior of pro-gamers at international events, that players whisper eachother all the time and play mind games(including talk about build orders and strategies), that this explanation is quite believable.

It is my personal opinion, that these players are probably only guilty of taking the event lightly, which they admitted to.

Basically, as cliche as it is, innocent until proven guilty. And until it is proven beyond a reasonable doubt, which I don't believe it has been, I reserve my judgment.
i did not misunderstand. why offer a rationalization when there is no perceived benefit. rationalizatino and logic are tools that we would use if we wish to maybe convince people or establish a reasonable position. i am simply saying, you are not doing a good job at it.


Well, your argument is "No", which isn't so much of an argument, as it is an opinion. And your opinion, noted.
"So, then did the American yum-yum clown monkey also represent the FCC?"
anch
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States5457 Posts
October 23 2007 03:47 GMT
#79
Calm is just a pussy, Hwasin is just a dickface that played along.
If hes tired of playing, get a fucking 3-0 and go home; instead he got 1-2 by his minor, and wins illegitimately.

Mind trick my ass, very nice cover up, Calm.
oneofthem
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Cayman Islands24199 Posts
October 23 2007 03:48 GMT
#80
On October 23 2007 12:45 Nintu wrote:
no
seems like you left something off there.
We have fed the heart on fantasies, the heart's grown brutal from the fare, more substance in our enmities than in our love
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 55m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 207
Nina 130
SpeCial 85
ViBE79
Nathanias 51
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12211
Artosis 574
NaDa 30
Bale 13
Dota 2
monkeys_forever255
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox564
Mew2King93
Other Games
summit1g6682
Grubby2680
Liquid`RaSZi1984
shahzam673
WinterStarcraft442
C9.Mang0315
JimRising 282
Trikslyr29
JuggernautJason10
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick275
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 82
• musti20045 27
• davetesta1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie773
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
10h 55m
INu's Battles
11h 55m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
13h 55m
OSC
23h 10m
Replay Cast
23h 55m
OSC
1d 23h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.