• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:19
CEST 01:19
KST 08:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7735 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 18

Forum Index > Brood War Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 488 Next
therockmanxx
Profile Joined July 2010
Peru1174 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-13 19:03:20
July 13 2011 18:53 GMT
#341
How many seconds I need to wait after the stasis is casted to nuke the units
that were trapped in the spell?
=)
Edit: No in-game seconds....
Tekken ProGamer
Release
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4397 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-13 18:57:42
July 13 2011 18:56 GMT
#342
On July 14 2011 02:46 Azerbaijan wrote:
In ZvP what do I look for to confirm a +1 speedlot timing and Is there another way to respond besides mutas?

spinning forge, citadel of adun and lots of zealots. Cybernetics core should not be spinning. Sunkens, hydras, drone drills.
On July 14 2011 03:53 therockmanxx wrote:
How many seconds I need to wait after the stasis is casted to nuke the units
that were trapped in the spell?
=)

60 in-game seconds. Read this on liquipedia page.
☺
SnowSC2
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States678 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-13 19:46:49
July 13 2011 19:30 GMT
#343
edit: wrong SQSA thread, pls delete
WarSame
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1950 Posts
July 13 2011 21:12 GMT
#344
How can I get the latest AH? I installed the on I found on iccup.net, and I update it etc. but in-game it either says I don't have AH or I have an old version. It's very annoying because everyone thinks I'm a hacker even though I have AH installed.
Can it be I stayed away too long? Did you miss these rhymes while I was gone?
jello_biafra
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United Kingdom6642 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-13 21:39:37
July 13 2011 21:35 GMT
#345
On July 14 2011 06:12 Peterblue wrote:
How can I get the latest AH? I installed the on I found on iccup.net, and I update it etc. but in-game it either says I don't have AH or I have an old version. It's very annoying because everyone thinks I'm a hacker even though I have AH installed.

Try reinstalling it but not updating it, I think there may be a bug with the latest update that causes that, it should work then.


On July 14 2011 03:53 therockmanxx wrote:
How many seconds I need to wait after the stasis is casted to nuke the units
that were trapped in the spell?
=)
Edit: No in-game seconds....

~43 seconds. (real seconds )
The road to hell is paved with good intentions | aka Probert[PaiN] @ iccup / godlikeparagon @ twitch | my BW stream: http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/jello_biafra
WarSame
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1950 Posts
July 13 2011 22:41 GMT
#346
On July 14 2011 06:35 jello_biafra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2011 06:12 Peterblue wrote:
How can I get the latest AH? I installed the on I found on iccup.net, and I update it etc. but in-game it either says I don't have AH or I have an old version. It's very annoying because everyone thinks I'm a hacker even though I have AH installed.

Try reinstalling it but not updating it, I think there may be a bug with the latest update that causes that, it should work then.


Show nested quote +
On July 14 2011 03:53 therockmanxx wrote:
How many seconds I need to wait after the stasis is casted to nuke the units
that were trapped in the spell?
=)
Edit: No in-game seconds....

~43 seconds. (real seconds )

It worked, thanks.
Can it be I stayed away too long? Did you miss these rhymes while I was gone?
J.Dong
Profile Joined June 2010
United States102 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-14 03:34:54
July 13 2011 23:13 GMT
#347
Also, how viable is probe vs. SCV micro (http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTI5ODkxNTQ4.html)? Must it be LAN or can there be some lag? I'm not consistent enough to test it myself...
<EDIT:Solved>

What is the "standard" PvZ game flow now? Last I remember is 5 hatch hydra into muta for Zerg and
for Protoss something like fast upgrades and zeal/corsair into dragoon/temp?

What kind of maps tend to favor Hydralisk mid-games in PvZ? (like 5 hatch style) What features help out the Hydras?

new: If a unit gets a parasite and is loaded in a shuttle, does the Zerg opponent still get vision or is it nullified temporarily?


I like corsairs.
NationInArms
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1553 Posts
July 13 2011 23:25 GMT
#348
When a-moving to a P base, do vultures auto-target probes or cannons?
BW for life | Fantasy, MMA, SlayerS_Boxer | Taengoo! n_n | "Lelouch vi Britannia commands you! Obey me, subjects! OBEY ME, WORLD!" | <3 Emi
J.Dong
Profile Joined June 2010
United States102 Posts
July 13 2011 23:46 GMT
#349
On July 14 2011 08:25 NationInArms wrote:
When a-moving to a P base, do vultures auto-target probes or cannons?


Cannons- I tested it, and also it is general for all ground units that if something attacks it, then it will attack at it back unless given another target.
I like corsairs.
FluffyBinLaden
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States527 Posts
July 14 2011 00:03 GMT
#350
Where do I find the best maphacks? I kid, but really, are mutas worth making in ZvT past the fir`st few batches if I am going an extremely lurker heavy build?
Riddles in the Dark. Answers in the Light.
jello_biafra
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United Kingdom6642 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-14 01:06:45
July 14 2011 01:00 GMT
#351
On July 14 2011 09:03 FluffyBinLaden wrote:
Where do I find the best maphacks? I kid, but really, are mutas worth making in ZvT past the fir`st few batches if I am going an extremely lurker heavy build?

Not really, you want all that gas for lurkers and hive tech for defilers. Plus any spare gas you might have is better used on scourge for vessels.


On July 14 2011 08:13 J.Dong wrote:
Also, how viable is probe vs. SCV micro (http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTI5ODkxNTQ4.html)? Must it be LAN or can there be some lag? I'm not consistent enough to test it myself...

Yeah you need LAN latency to do that properly really.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions | aka Probert[PaiN] @ iccup / godlikeparagon @ twitch | my BW stream: http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/jello_biafra
Release
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4397 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-14 05:21:32
July 14 2011 05:21 GMT
#352
I remember tasteless once said "a few drones[3] going down, well worth the 4 zealots alone" and i can't see how on earth 4 zealots are worth 3 drone. Because of how hatcheries work, the mining time is too minimal to make up for the loss of 250 minerals (even if it was P or T, mining time doesn't justify 250 minerals) in a matchup where the protoss have less bases anyways. Why are 4 zealots worth 3 drones?

What is the most efficient way, short of having tons of bases, to tackle archon reaver as a zerg?
☺
J.Dong
Profile Joined June 2010
United States102 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-14 17:10:51
July 14 2011 16:58 GMT
#353
On July 14 2011 14:21 Release wrote:
I remember tasteless once said "a few drones[3] going down, well worth the 4 zealots alone" and i can't see how on earth 4 zealots are worth 3 drone. Because of how hatcheries work, the mining time is too minimal to make up for the loss of 250 minerals (even if it was P or T, mining time doesn't justify 250 minerals) in a matchup where the protoss have less bases anyways. Why are 4 zealots worth 3 drones?


I remember there was this article on "the real cost of drones" or something. Basically, Drones are worth more than face value. as worker units, they are investments, and are worth A LOT early game, much more than 50 minerals. I'll be very happy to trade 20 drones late game for 1 extra drone at the start. Also, fighting units are meant to die and cause damage -- your economy is not hurt (hopefully you did not cut too much) from those 4 zeals, but you did hurt the Zerg. You could argue that building a Nexus is a better choice but extra bases = extra spots to defend, hard to do early game esp. vs Zerg.
Late game it might be questionable I guess, as drones are worth less and expansions worth more since you already have an army to defend additional expansions so start-up cost lower.

At least, that's how I see it. It also inflicts physiological damage as the aggressor!

On July 14 2011 14:21 Release wrote:
What is the most efficient way, short of having tons of bases, to tackle archon reaver as a zerg?

Dark Swarm for Archons if using Ultra-ling-(scourge)
Maybe Scourge for shuttles
Hydras for Archons, bad thing is they are ranged so have trouble in combo with dark swarm. They don't die instantly to Reaver splash though. They pick stray units like shuttles and maybe Archons well though. And kill cannons, although ultra-ling-defiler does that well enough.

Basically run away and avoid it I guess, unless you have macro advantage with Ultra ling Defiler I'm pretty sure you don't confront directly ever without a good flank. I play PvZ a lot but idk too much about Zerg so much other than I hate dark swarm.
I like corsairs.
Azerbaijan
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States660 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-14 17:13:17
July 14 2011 17:13 GMT
#354
I play on Iccup from NA and I never get less than ~650 ms latency. Is this typical? Is there something I can do to improve it? Usually its not a huge problem but I will get games that get so laggy its unplayable.

Also, would my latency potentially be better on the brainclan or fish servers? If so, how do the skill levels of these servers compare to Iccup?
jello_biafra
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United Kingdom6642 Posts
July 14 2011 17:26 GMT
#355
On July 15 2011 02:13 Azerbaijan wrote:
I play on Iccup from NA and I never get less than ~650 ms latency. Is this typical? Is there something I can do to improve it? Usually its not a huge problem but I will get games that get so laggy its unplayable.

Also, would my latency potentially be better on the brainclan or fish servers? If so, how do the skill levels of these servers compare to Iccup?

Hmm you should be getting lower pings than that and it shouldn't usually lag that badly, do you have the correct ports forwarded?

Your latency may be better on brainclan or fish, especially if you're on the west coast, no harm in trying I guess. The level of play on these servers is generally higher than iccup.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions | aka Probert[PaiN] @ iccup / godlikeparagon @ twitch | my BW stream: http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/jello_biafra
Azerbaijan
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States660 Posts
July 14 2011 17:34 GMT
#356
On July 15 2011 02:26 jello_biafra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2011 02:13 Azerbaijan wrote:
I play on Iccup from NA and I never get less than ~650 ms latency. Is this typical? Is there something I can do to improve it? Usually its not a huge problem but I will get games that get so laggy its unplayable.

Also, would my latency potentially be better on the brainclan or fish servers? If so, how do the skill levels of these servers compare to Iccup?

Hmm you should be getting lower pings than that and it shouldn't usually lag that badly, do you have the correct ports forwarded?

Your latency may be better on brainclan or fish, especially if you're on the west coast, no harm in trying I guess. The level of play on these servers is generally higher than iccup.


I am pretty sure my ports are forwarded correctly as I am able to host without problems except for the occasional super laggy game.

Here are some speedtests; I did a local one and one to korea for comparison. To be honest I don't know if this indicates anything I could fix or if it is pertinent to my original question but thought I might check.
[image loading]

[image loading]

I see that my ping to Korea is lower than what I get to Iccup but I think I read somewhere that Iccup is hosted in Russia?
jello_biafra
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United Kingdom6642 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-14 17:39:42
July 14 2011 17:37 GMT
#357
On July 15 2011 02:34 Azerbaijan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2011 02:26 jello_biafra wrote:
On July 15 2011 02:13 Azerbaijan wrote:
I play on Iccup from NA and I never get less than ~650 ms latency. Is this typical? Is there something I can do to improve it? Usually its not a huge problem but I will get games that get so laggy its unplayable.

Also, would my latency potentially be better on the brainclan or fish servers? If so, how do the skill levels of these servers compare to Iccup?

Hmm you should be getting lower pings than that and it shouldn't usually lag that badly, do you have the correct ports forwarded?

Your latency may be better on brainclan or fish, especially if you're on the west coast, no harm in trying I guess. The level of play on these servers is generally higher than iccup.


I am pretty sure my ports are forwarded correctly as I am able to host without problems except for the occasional super laggy game.

Here are some speedtests; I did a local one and one to korea for comparison. To be honest I don't know if this indicates anything I could fix or if it is pertinent to my original question but thought I might check.
[image loading]

[image loading]

I see that my ping to Korea is lower than what I get to Iccup but I think I read somewhere that Iccup is hosted in Russia?

Your connection looks good, I don't know why it would lag so much on iccup, maybe you're just getting unlucky and playing people who do lag?

Yeah the iccup server is in Russia I believe.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions | aka Probert[PaiN] @ iccup / godlikeparagon @ twitch | my BW stream: http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/jello_biafra
Mortician
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Bulgaria2332 Posts
July 14 2011 17:43 GMT
#358
What should I do vs 1 base tech toss as Z, assuming I opened 9 pool?
"If anything, the skill cap in sc2 is higher [than sc1] because there are a lot more things you can do at one given time. " darmousseh
Azerbaijan
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States660 Posts
July 14 2011 17:44 GMT
#359
You are probably right; I checked my matchlist and all the games where the lag was worse than usual or nearly unplayable were against players in South America.
Release
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4397 Posts
July 14 2011 21:33 GMT
#360
On July 15 2011 01:58 J.Dong wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2011 14:21 Release wrote:
I remember tasteless once said "a few drones[3] going down, well worth the 4 zealots alone" and i can't see how on earth 4 zealots are worth 3 drone. Because of how hatcheries work, the mining time is too minimal to make up for the loss of 250 minerals (even if it was P or T, mining time doesn't justify 250 minerals) in a matchup where the protoss have less bases anyways. Why are 4 zealots worth 3 drones?


I remember there was this article on "the real cost of drones" or something. Basically, Drones are worth more than face value. as worker units, they are investments, and are worth A LOT early game, much more than 50 minerals. I'll be very happy to trade 20 drones late game for 1 extra drone at the start. Also, fighting units are meant to die and cause damage -- your economy is not hurt (hopefully you did not cut too much) from those 4 zeals, but you did hurt the Zerg. You could argue that building a Nexus is a better choice but extra bases = extra spots to defend, hard to do early game esp. vs Zerg.
Late game it might be questionable I guess, as drones are worth less and expansions worth more since you already have an army to defend additional expansions so start-up cost lower.

At least, that's how I see it. It also inflicts physiological damage as the aggressor!

Show nested quote +
On July 14 2011 14:21 Release wrote:
What is the most efficient way, short of having tons of bases, to tackle archon reaver as a zerg?

Dark Swarm for Archons if using Ultra-ling-(scourge)
Maybe Scourge for shuttles
Hydras for Archons, bad thing is they are ranged so have trouble in combo with dark swarm. They don't die instantly to Reaver splash though. They pick stray units like shuttles and maybe Archons well though. And kill cannons, although ultra-ling-defiler does that well enough.

Basically run away and avoid it I guess, unless you have macro advantage with Ultra ling Defiler I'm pretty sure you don't confront directly ever without a good flank. I play PvZ a lot but idk too much about Zerg so much other than I hate dark swarm.

When tasteless had said it, jaedong had 4 saturated bases, so the drones hardly had "early game" value.
☺
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 488 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings30
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 152
SpeCial 54
CosmosSc2 37
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 601
910 64
Bale 12
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm89
League of Legends
Doublelift2556
Other Games
summit1g9016
Grubby2928
shahzam630
C9.Mang0301
PiGStarcraft186
Maynarde97
JimRising 29
Vindicta12
Liquid`Ken11
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick519
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 121
• musti20045 39
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP21
• davetesta11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21472
Other Games
• imaqtpie711
• Shiphtur217
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
10h 41m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
11h 41m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d
Patches Events
1d 16h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.