• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:24
CEST 03:24
KST 10:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8759 users

[Help]Performance

Forum Index > Brood War Strategy
Post a Reply
1024MB
Profile Joined May 2004
United States1455 Posts
November 11 2004 07:43 GMT
#1
Ok this is my problem... I really need to work my multitasking. I've found that it's the area I need improvement in because I get overwhelmed when only a few events are going on. Well, seeing as how progamers are constantly checking everything, I thought I'd take the core idea and try it.

No, I didn't go crazy and try to get 400+ APM this time. I simply hotkeyed key places/units and went in a sort of cycle checking them. The problem with this now is it degraded my actual gameplay. Yeah, my macro was better, but then my strategies were terrible as most of my mind was focused on multitasking.

So it seems to be either or here. Is this normal? Should I continue my quest to improve my multitasking and gradually get my strategy back up or what? Thanks.
You learn from losing.
pheered.user
Profile Joined March 2003
United States2603 Posts
November 11 2004 07:54 GMT
#2
its the same as anything if you do that for 10 or so games you will get used to it and play better

I however am lazy and never do it so i can never get used to it 110 apm for life
Looking for Skilled players to join an Active, Involved clan. PM Me for Details.
gg_hertzz
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
2152 Posts
November 11 2004 07:54 GMT
#3
I think this happened to me when I tried to artifically raise my APM. On one hand, I increased by 50 or more in APM but at the same time my overall ability to play declined. My control was terrible and I didn't know how to progress through the game. Eventually though, I got use to the high APM and my gameplay is much better. Nowadays everything just seems like slow motion- even if I play at something like 230+ APM. I'd chalk it all to experience.

It's like sports athletes who train at high altitudes. The thin air takes getting use to, but eventually you do get use to it. That's the same for APM I suppose.
MannerKiss
Profile Joined June 2003
United States2398 Posts
November 11 2004 08:18 GMT
#4
I think you should continue to practice untill it becomes second nature...then when you do this without thinking your mind will drift by itself back to strategy. Just give it...oh...about 50 games tops I bet. Thats about what happend to me...within 3 months I was able to increase my APM about 100 and my micro and macro skills, but my strategy went to peices...eventually my strategy just spooled back up and I was OK
I want an igloo.
XDawn
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
Canada4040 Posts
November 11 2004 08:32 GMT
#5
I went to Sexe, gosu player
Use it or lose it
VerticalHorizon
Profile Joined September 2004
United States415 Posts
November 11 2004 08:42 GMT
#6
Just keep going at it, and remember that doin gthings well is more important than doing things fast... just keep trying to hurry n increase in speed, things will even out.
Call it the greatest sin to prefer existence over honor and, for the sake of life, to lose the reasons for living. - Juvenal, Satires
Ack1027
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States7873 Posts
November 11 2004 08:43 GMT
#7
For me it was being in the right environment, Idk if you can duplicate this or get anything from my experience but it might so I'll tell it ^^

When I went to Korea 4 months ago [ Oh so long ago >='( ] I was really excited to play in the pc baangs for some really good competition. However, they weren't like uber gosu players, in fact many of them were BGH/UMS/Money mappers. But there was the occasional good player and just being in the pc baang environment got me pumped and faster and I just noticed everything because the room was dark and silent [ All I heard was sc sound and all I saw was the monitor ] It may be an issue of concentration.

My apm rose from a constant 150 to 180 and 200 soon after I got back home to America. When I get in the right environment and mood again I can peak 300 if it's a serious game.

So try that ^^
PuertoRican
Profile Joined April 2004
United States5709 Posts
November 11 2004 08:46 GMT
#8
the name of this thread made me think it was gonna be about your performance in bed.
If anyone orders any merlot Im leaving. I am NOT drinking any fucking merlot.
Ack1027
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States7873 Posts
November 11 2004 08:50 GMT
#9
Lmfao, strategy in bed.
1024MB
Profile Joined May 2004
United States1455 Posts
November 11 2004 09:02 GMT
#10
On November 11 2004 17:46 PuertoRican wrote:
the name of this thread made me think it was gonna be about your performance in bed.


Haha. Psych.
You learn from losing.
Casper...
Profile Joined October 2002
Liberia4948 Posts
November 11 2004 09:05 GMT
#11
here is your problem:

you have no talent
take up checkers
JAM THE FUCKER!
BigBalls
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States5354 Posts
Last Edited: 2004-11-11 09:11:42
November 11 2004 09:11 GMT
#12
ahahahahahahaha checkers
if you guys could use google and post direct links to the maphacks here it would be greatly appreciated. - Nazgul
Cygnus
Profile Joined February 2004
United States853 Posts
November 11 2004 10:41 GMT
#13
pffft apm, wasted clicks if you ask me, I think a good player can get away with 140-160 without all the "extra apm" BS, just play normal... if you wanta be fast play 30-50 games a day vs decent ppl and become efficient and fast Instead of just fast.
Eti307
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
Canada3442 Posts
November 11 2004 10:55 GMT
#14
On November 11 2004 18:05 Casper... wrote:
here is your problem:

you have no talent
take up checkers



hahahaha omg owned
pooper-scooper
Profile Joined May 2003
United States3108 Posts
November 11 2004 11:12 GMT
#15
checkers requires at least 400 apm.
Good...Bad... Im the guy with the gun
IntoTheWow
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
is awesome32282 Posts
November 11 2004 11:40 GMT
#16
in you brain not in your hands.
Moderator<:3-/-<
Ceril
Profile Joined April 2003
Sweden1343 Posts
November 11 2004 16:57 GMT
#17
Remember now that "Gamers use their hands all day, that could be interesting..." girl?
Just because you can now store where everyone was and is, what they like, what they fear who they talk to and who they love. It does not mean we should so spy upon our fellow man in a dystopia far worse then 1984
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft484
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta22
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft484
WinterStarcraft293
RuFF_SC2 84
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 924
White-Ra 141
Noble 63
NaDa 62
Hyuk 52
Bale 13
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm152
LuMiX1
League of Legends
Doublelift4616
Counter-Strike
taco 428
minikerr17
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox593
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor687
Other Games
summit1g7779
Coldzera 854
C9.Mang0337
Mew2King63
ViBE55
ArmadaUGS48
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick699
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream94
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 101
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21508
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
8h 36m
Online Event
9h 36m
FEL
14h 36m
AI Arena Tournament
15h 36m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
17h 36m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
INu's Battles
1d 10h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.