• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:32
CEST 17:32
KST 00:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)74Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9361 users

Map Making Contest Voting - Page 4

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
April 23 2008 02:13 GMT
#61
48 minutes left before voting is teh over!!!!!
Chef
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
10810 Posts
April 23 2008 02:25 GMT
#62
Can I vote for my own map?
LEGEND!! LEGEND!!
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
April 23 2008 02:26 GMT
#63
No, I realize now that that is kind of a dumb rule, but I said it in the op and it would be unfair to change it now.
Chef
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
10810 Posts
April 23 2008 03:45 GMT
#64
Soooo, who wins?
LEGEND!! LEGEND!!
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
April 23 2008 04:03 GMT
#65
Alright, voting is over, and the winning maps are as follows:

Prophecy
Backdooru
Chaos Darkness
Endeavor
Thousand Sorrows

Thanks for all the submissions/votes, now if you haven't already go sign up for the tourney.
Chef
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
10810 Posts
April 23 2008 04:38 GMT
#66
Ahh, weak, was hoping for first or second. only 4 games now
LEGEND!! LEGEND!!
Triskaidecapod
Profile Joined April 2008
United States18 Posts
April 23 2008 04:43 GMT
#67
I know voting's over, just wanted to reply to everyone.

On April 23 2008 04:19 VIB wrote:
How exactly is it not symmetrical? It of course doesn't have all pixels identical for each spawn point. But important measures such as base sizes, distance between bases, distance between expos, exact size of each choke point. Those not only are the same for each spawn but they're actually MORE symmetrical between spawns than a 4 player map. Ex.: crossed positions in a 4 player map have larger distance between mains than neighbor spawns. Which leads to little gamble in starting builds before you can scout spawns.

That is the main reason why I made a 3 player map in the first place. I wanted to avoid that early game gambling. I want MORE symmetry between bases than a 4 player map can offer.

About the map begging you to cheese.. yes it does. But since anyone playing it would, theoretically, be expecting it -- then you would be prepared. I wanted it to be a cheese intense map. I made it that way because I thought it would be fun. And you agreed it was fun =D So how can it be bad? Not like you'd get tired of it since it's, supposedly, only one of the maps from a large map pool. So having one cheeseful map out of many others could be fun.

And it IS fun.. isn't it? ^^

I should probably have named it "(3)Cheese" instead to make it more clear =P


It's not symmetrical in that it has no proper rotation axis, no improper rotation axis, no inversion center, and no plane of symetry. In this context I use the word symmetry to mean gameplay symmetry, not visual symetry. As I said before, I get hung up on these things, but to each his/her own. I do see your point about a three player map involving less luck in terms of the scout (at least I think that's what you were pointing out). I had never really thought about that before and it certainly is an interesting point, but the fact that there is less variation (and in this case, no variation) in the relative positions of the spawn points in a three player map in no way implies greater symmetry than in a four player map.

I did enjoy your map and I didn't say that it was bad. It just invites a certain style of play, which is IMHO less skill intensive and therefore not optimal for tournament play.

In response to PsycHOTemplar, thanks for the advise about Druadan. I didn't really think about balance when I made it (It's one of my first maps, so just getting used to the tools). Since it didn't get selected I'll work on it a bit. Perhaps I can make it more balanced. The funny thing is, I play toss, not terran =p
I didn't even notice the mirror tool, so thank you SO much for pointing it out. It'll make things much simpler in the future.
diggurd
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Norway346 Posts
April 23 2008 09:25 GMT
#68
yeeee, my map isnt dead :D i hope that we can obs some of the matches, i really want to see my map in action. trisacteawhatever where is the rest of the reviews?

thanks lemonwalrus, for all the hard work even though the mapmakers is a dying profession
the interesting thing about this quote is that youll only understand whats interesting when youre done reading it. ǝɯıʇ ɹn ƃuıʇsɐʍ n ǝɹɐ ʎɥʍ
VIB
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Brazil3567 Posts
April 23 2008 19:26 GMT
#69
lol nice. Didn't know you guys would value standard gameplay so much when I build my map. I'll learn this for next time, guess you guys are right to some extent. Oh well, it was fun getting involved, thanks for the opportunity ^^
Great people talk about ideas. Average people talk about things. Small people talk about other people.
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech146
UpATreeSC 27
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5258
Bisu 2494
Soulkey 1590
Jaedong 689
EffOrt 534
Mini 496
Horang2 422
Larva 308
actioN 271
ggaemo 243
[ Show more ]
ZerO 238
Yoon 139
Dewaltoss 97
Mind 92
sorry 85
hero 74
Sharp 72
Shinee 63
Snow 63
Pusan 58
Barracks 55
Hyun 43
Bale 33
ToSsGirL 26
Trap 22
Terrorterran 18
Rock 16
scan(afreeca) 15
NaDa 13
Sacsri 12
Noble 8
zelot 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5555
qojqva2595
Dendi1250
420jenkins229
League of Legends
Reynor7
Counter-Strike
fl0m2724
Fnx 720
x6flipin523
edward2
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi944
hiko939
B2W.Neo474
crisheroes295
DeMusliM251
XBOCT237
Liquid`VortiX201
Livibee193
QueenE94
Mew2King43
ZerO(Twitch)19
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 75
• mYiSmile137
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 40
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV652
League of Legends
• Nemesis3272
• TFBlade546
• Noizen93
Other Games
• Shiphtur381
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
8h 29m
Patches Events
1d
The PondCast
1d 18h
INu's Battles
1d 19h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.