• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:28
CEST 18:28
KST 01:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9438 users

Map Making Contest Voting - Page 2

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
illmatic
Profile Joined January 2008
Canada53 Posts
April 16 2008 19:14 GMT
#21
Jungle Hijinx looks nicely set-up and balanced..............
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26004 Posts
April 16 2008 19:21 GMT
#22
On April 17 2008 04:05 iCCup.Raelcun wrote:
To be honest I didnt really go crazy over any of those maps, basically voted for the 3 that I found the least imbalanced or that didnt have obviously abusable gameplay elements


Agreed. Balanced gameplay was the only thing driving my decision, since many of the maps tried to be innovative but fail to allow standard play.
Moderator
Chef
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
10810 Posts
April 16 2008 19:32 GMT
#23
To be honest I didnt really go crazy over any of those maps, basically voted for the 3 that I found the least imbalanced or that didnt have obviously abusable gameplay elements

Agreed. Balanced gameplay was the only thing driving my decision, since many of the maps tried to be innovative but fail to allow standard play.

*Sigh* *shakes head*

Don't make me link to your masterpieces Raelcun
LEGEND!! LEGEND!!
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
April 16 2008 19:39 GMT
#24
The point of this contest, at least to me, was more to try out new things and make fun maps, and less to make maps that cater to standard play, although both have their merits, and a map that accomplished both would be fantastic. I mean, to each his own, but different/new doesn't necessarily mean worse, although it also doesn't necessarily mean better either. All imho, so don't yell at me or I will call you dirty names...unless you are chill, since you can ban me, in which case I will hold a grudge against you and wait until the right time and come after you with a butter knife.
VIB
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Brazil3567 Posts
April 16 2008 19:46 GMT
#25
Meeh.. there are too many standard maps around. I wanted to make something that would completely change gameplay and force players to be overly aggresive >D
Great people talk about ideas. Average people talk about things. Small people talk about other people.
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26004 Posts
April 16 2008 20:14 GMT
#26
Hey man, I'm all for innovation, but when my choke is a screen wide, chances are I won't be able to defend it!

Things like this made me completely discredit a map. By the time I got down to the "playable" maps, the decision was easy.
Moderator
Raelcun
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States3747 Posts
April 16 2008 21:18 GMT
#27
On April 17 2008 04:32 PsycHOTemplar wrote:
Show nested quote +
To be honest I didnt really go crazy over any of those maps, basically voted for the 3 that I found the least imbalanced or that didnt have obviously abusable gameplay elements

Show nested quote +
Agreed. Balanced gameplay was the only thing driving my decision, since many of the maps tried to be innovative but fail to allow standard play.

*Sigh* *shakes head*

Don't make me link to your masterpieces Raelcun


the difference being I wouldnt submit my "masterpiece" into this map making competition when I know it fails miserably at balance
Queasy
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States48 Posts
April 17 2008 03:19 GMT
#28
I just entered because I thought it might be fun to try and make a map. :/
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
April 17 2008 03:29 GMT
#29
Hey! Stop negative-ing up my thread!
VIB
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Brazil3567 Posts
April 17 2008 03:54 GMT
#30
On April 17 2008 05:14 Chill wrote:
Hey man, I'm all for innovation, but when my choke is a screen wide, chances are I won't be able to defend it!

Things like this made me completely discredit a map. By the time I got down to the "playable" maps, the decision was easy.
haha you're actually right. I think myself and some of the others were more worried about making something funny than to actually making something balanced

Well, at least I didn't submit my Happy map!
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

click to enlarge
lol
Great people talk about ideas. Average people talk about things. Small people talk about other people.
Chef
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
10810 Posts
April 17 2008 04:11 GMT
#31
I declare my map balanced because the number of games that would be needed to find out which race is actually best on it, would be far more than I suspect anyone will ever bother to play.

I hope no one knows how null terrain works, just so they won't understand the picture of my map.
LEGEND!! LEGEND!!
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
April 17 2008 04:15 GMT
#32
Anyone up to playing a for-fun game on each of these maps tomorrow afternoon, so that I can back my votes up?
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
pheer
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
5403 Posts
April 17 2008 16:23 GMT
#33
On April 17 2008 13:15 ShaLLoW[baY] wrote:
Anyone up to playing a for-fun game on each of these maps tomorrow afternoon, so that I can back my votes up?

Sure
Moderator
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
April 17 2008 16:42 GMT
#34
On April 18 2008 01:23 pheer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2008 13:15 ShaLLoW[baY] wrote:
Anyone up to playing a for-fun game on each of these maps tomorrow afternoon, so that I can back my votes up?

Sure

Count me in!

Wait, is that like today? Or tomorrow, because if it is today I can't.
diggurd
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Norway346 Posts
April 17 2008 19:14 GMT
#35
post the replays :D
the interesting thing about this quote is that youll only understand whats interesting when youre done reading it. ǝɯıʇ ɹn ƃuıʇsɐʍ n ǝɹɐ ʎɥʍ
Raelcun
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States3747 Posts
April 17 2008 21:02 GMT
#36
On April 17 2008 12:29 Lemonwalrus wrote:
Hey! Stop negative-ing up my thread!


lol we're joking mostly

On April 17 2008 13:11 PsycHOTemplar wrote:
I hope no one knows how null terrain works, just so they won't understand the picture of my map.


thats the main reason I dont really like your map, that plus the stacked minerals, the wall of dts across the bridge doesn't help either. Seems like it promotes going to the blocked off section of expansions turtling to tech, theres absolutely no incentive to go ground units early and trying to harass especially since ground units cant enter the null terrain. All the rest of the maps I can see being used in a tournament format even if they are a little imba but no offense this is still too unplayable in my opinion
Chef
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
10810 Posts
April 18 2008 19:54 GMT
#37

thats the main reason I dont really like your map, that plus the stacked minerals, the wall of dts across the bridge doesn't help either. Seems like it promotes going to the blocked off section of expansions turtling to tech, theres absolutely no incentive to go ground units early and trying to harass especially since ground units cant enter the null terrain. All the rest of the maps I can see being used in a tournament format even if they are a little imba but no offense this is still too unplayable in my opinion

Maybe you should watch the replays posted on the map's page, because you're frankly just wrong.

I think I'm going to add a short little mission briefing to the obs version explaining how null tiles work and affect the game. That should help if it's ever used in a tournament.
LEGEND!! LEGEND!!
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
April 18 2008 20:03 GMT
#38
Sign up for the tournament here.
Chef
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
10810 Posts
April 18 2008 20:33 GMT
#39
Updated the obs version of my map to have a briefing. You might want to edit the map pack to include that (if it wins), since it's for the benefit of people who've never seen null terrain before in melee maps (just about everyone).
LEGEND!! LEGEND!!
o3.power91
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Bahrain5288 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-19 16:07:00
April 19 2008 16:05 GMT
#40
On April 17 2008 04:21 Chill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2008 04:05 iCCup.Raelcun wrote:
To be honest I didnt really go crazy over any of those maps, basically voted for the 3 that I found the least imbalanced or that didnt have obviously abusable gameplay elements


Agreed. Balanced gameplay was the only thing driving my decision, since many of the maps tried to be innovative but fail to allow standard play.

Aren't more unique maps more imbalanced? I mean look at Fantasy for example.

I'll qoute a friend of mine: Fantasy is so unique and imbalanced that it makes mirror MUs imbalanced.

Edit: Some of the maps ARE interesting though. I really like Prophecy
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech150
UpATreeSC 105
BRAT_OK 39
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 4265
Bisu 1848
Soulkey 1459
EffOrt 924
Mini 671
Larva 401
Horang2 375
ZerO 350
actioN 204
ggaemo 175
[ Show more ]
Dewaltoss 122
Yoon 115
Shinee 101
Mind 94
hero 76
Sharp 70
sorry 61
Snow 51
Barracks 45
Hyun 39
Bale 29
Trap 27
ToSsGirL 22
Terrorterran 21
NaDa 17
Rock 15
scan(afreeca) 13
Sacsri 9
Noble 8
zelot 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5710
Dendi1324
420jenkins284
XaKoH 140
League of Legends
Reynor72
Counter-Strike
fl0m3555
Fnx 684
x6flipin638
pashabiceps54
edward27
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes380
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1374
hiko981
FrodaN435
B2W.Neo395
Liquid`VortiX218
XBOCT200
Livibee173
QueenE108
TKL 82
Mew2King46
ZerO(Twitch)19
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV169
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 55
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 38
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV649
League of Legends
• Nemesis3458
• TFBlade787
Other Games
• Shiphtur488
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 32m
Patches Events
23h 32m
The PondCast
1d 17h
INu's Battles
1d 18h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.