• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:07
CEST 21:07
KST 04:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7305 users

RapidCasting is back in BSL - Page 15

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 Next All
[sc1f]eonzerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Belgium7079 Posts
January 04 2024 00:00 GMT
#281
Please close this thread already lol. Like talking about a pr manager is actually insane.
Talking about bringing Sharp to bring viewers is even more insane. like holyshit i bet none of you actually followed that tourney until someone said Rapid was casting it or even after that either lol. Like lets be honest not one really watching a tourney for Sharp. Not even Qikz .Rus Brain doesnt do this lans to bring more viewers. Specially when foreigner BW doesnt bring a real interest. Just look any thread About any foreigner related tourney on TL or reddit. The majority doesnt care.

You can tell that was more a personal enjoyment he has for lans rather than anything else. The problem here is that ZZZero and the BSL brand was put as the face of it. And ZZZero clearly baned rapid from BSL.

I didnt follow this thing either but i imagine the event was streamed on ZZZero stream. But imagine it was only streamed in some other channel. Very few people would have noticed i guess.

But yeah you all running in circles at this point. It is 2024 bro. Move on. Rapid didnt say a thing either. So what is the point really..

Isnt it sad that the most commented sh*t in years is a subject about Rapid ? like wtf we really dont have anything going on.

I wish TL actually bringed TSL back to BW to see if people will care or every thread will be so dead as any other foreign community event.
Rapidcasts
Profile Joined January 2024
1 Post
January 04 2024 02:42 GMT
#282
--- Nuked ---
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44321 Posts
January 04 2024 03:00 GMT
#283
That’s some A+ passive voice.

“A shadow was cast”
“Serious accusations emerged”
“Our collective ability to learn”
“Who felt harassed or harmed”

Best thing you can do for bw is to stay away.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
namkraft
Profile Blog Joined December 2021
606 Posts
January 04 2024 03:24 GMT
#284
On January 04 2024 11:42 Rapidcasts wrote:
Thank you for listening, and I extend a giant, heartfelt apology to whoever may have felt the pain of my actions.
RapidCasting


Contrary to some of the other opinions in this thread, I'm glad you apologized. You may be banned from tournaments but nobody can ban you from loving Broodwar. You still have your Twitch and Youtube channels. You can commentate on games between amateurs on battlenet, games you play yourself, or even put up your own money for a mini tournament.

I believe only in nearing death does life truly take meaning. Your commentating "life" if is at stake here, and it's up to you to make the most meaning out of it in the remaining days. Good luck.

Regarding the allegations, I think it would be nice if you would speak with the allegators [sic] privately if needed. It's them who need a personal apology, not the world, I think.
Broodwar Forever
LG)Sabbath
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Argentina3024 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-01-04 04:04:35
January 04 2024 04:03 GMT
#285
An apology that is as vague as possible.

I guess he wanted to say something but legally can't aknowledge any direct wrongdoing so it ends up sounding like a dismissive "I'm sorry that you feel that way".
https://www.twitch.tv/argsabbath/
MineraIs
Profile Joined September 2020
United States846 Posts
January 04 2024 04:11 GMT
#286
On January 04 2024 11:42 Rapidcasts wrote:
Dear StarCraft Community,

It is with a heavy heart and a profound sense of remorse that I find myself addressing you after a prolonged absence. The journey I've traversed has been one of personal reflection, pain, and a deep desire for redemption.

In the days when I had the privilege of casting StarCraft and StarCraft 2, our community thrived on the shared love for the game. However, a shadow was cast upon my path when serious accusations emerged, forcing me into a silence that has lingered for far too long. To those who have been affected, I extend an apology that falls short of expressing the weight of my regret, constrained by the complexities of legality.

Recently, I found my way back to the world of StarCraft, a place that holds cherished memories and an enduring connection with all of you. I contributed to a new tournament, worked behind the scenes, and even managed to bring in celebrities to share in the passion that defines our community.

Yet, my return to the casting desk on day one stirred emotions, and rightly so. I failed to address the unresolved accusations, leaving a void that I am acutely aware of. I want to express my deepest apologies for this lapse. It was not an oversight or a disregard for your concerns, but rather a consequence of navigating the intricate web of legal complexities that surround these matters.

The journey I've undertaken since those accusations has been a relentless battle. I've faced not only external scrutiny but the harsh toll it takes on one's own spirit. In an attempt to cope, I made the difficult decision to retreat from parts of my online presence, adding another layer of isolation to an already challenging period.

As I stand before you, I want to be clear — I am sorry for everything. I harbor no desire to see our StarCraft community fractured by accusations or infighting. We are connected by a shared passion for this game, and I genuinely believe in our collective ability to heal, learn, and rebuild.

To anyone who has felt harassed or harmed, my apology is not just a collection of words; it comes from the depths of my being. I can't undo the past, but I am committed to a journey of redemption and learning from my mistakes.

Thank you for listening, and I extend a giant, heartfelt apology to whoever may have felt the pain of my actions.

With sincere regret,
RapidCasting


Rapidchatgpt
✯ [ twitch.tv/MrMineraIs ] ✯ [ Check out my Maps: https://tl.net/forum/brood-war/612442-official-maps-by-minerals ] ✯
Airneanach
Profile Joined January 2021
United States73 Posts
January 04 2024 04:15 GMT
#287
Hey rapid, stay lost. If league didn’t want you, we definitely don’t want you. You and everyone associated with you should disappear and not come back.

Thanks.
Ask not what StarCraft can do for you, ask what you can do for StarCraft
FlaShFTW
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States10566 Posts
January 04 2024 04:37 GMT
#288
On January 04 2024 11:42 Rapidcasts wrote:
Dear StarCraft Community,

It is with a heavy heart and a profound sense of remorse that I find myself addressing you after a prolonged absence. The journey I've traversed has been one of personal reflection, pain, and a deep desire for redemption.

In the days when I had the privilege of casting StarCraft and StarCraft 2, our community thrived on the shared love for the game. However, a shadow was cast upon my path when serious accusations emerged, forcing me into a silence that has lingered for far too long. To those who have been affected, I extend an apology that falls short of expressing the weight of my regret, constrained by the complexities of legality.

Recently, I found my way back to the world of StarCraft, a place that holds cherished memories and an enduring connection with all of you. I contributed to a new tournament, worked behind the scenes, and even managed to bring in celebrities to share in the passion that defines our community.

Yet, my return to the casting desk on day one stirred emotions, and rightly so. I failed to address the unresolved accusations, leaving a void that I am acutely aware of. I want to express my deepest apologies for this lapse. It was not an oversight or a disregard for your concerns, but rather a consequence of navigating the intricate web of legal complexities that surround these matters.

The journey I've undertaken since those accusations has been a relentless battle. I've faced not only external scrutiny but the harsh toll it takes on one's own spirit. In an attempt to cope, I made the difficult decision to retreat from parts of my online presence, adding another layer of isolation to an already challenging period.

As I stand before you, I want to be clear — I am sorry for everything. I harbor no desire to see our StarCraft community fractured by accusations or infighting. We are connected by a shared passion for this game, and I genuinely believe in our collective ability to heal, learn, and rebuild.

To anyone who has felt harassed or harmed, my apology is not just a collection of words; it comes from the depths of my being. I can't undo the past, but I am committed to a journey of redemption and learning from my mistakes.

Thank you for listening, and I extend a giant, heartfelt apology to whoever may have felt the pain of my actions.

With sincere regret,
RapidCasting

I can't tell if this is a troll account or actual Rapid. Because this doesn't even address any of the actual allegations. This isa nothingburger of an "apology." Also, what is this nonsensical attempt at being poetic or whatever? Speak like a human being jesus.
Writer#1 KT and FlaSh Fanboy || Woo Jung Ho Never Forget || Teamliquid Political Decision Desk
TL+ Member
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27410 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-01-04 05:08:28
January 04 2024 05:07 GMT
#289
Honestly I mean it could just be a troll with a GPT prompt or two, fair point flash. So if it is I guess disregard the rest of my post haha

Are there even legal complexities to consider here?

From what I recall in (various) incidents people came forward with their experiences that they found distressing, Rapid silently departed and that was that. I don’t recall any talk of anyone escalating into realms where legal considerations were a factor.

Hey I might be wrong, either through a lack of knowledge or just bad recollection but it all was filed into the ‘shitty but not illegal’ category of behaviour in my mind, like infidelity or playing a race other than Protoss.

It seems the height of hubris to completely disappear from a community for literally years, complete radio silence and then talk about ‘community healing’

Can only speak for myself but I have no desire for him to burn in the pits of hell for all eternity, equally if the guy shows none of the standard behaviour of somebody who’s genuinely contrite, or even vaguely grasps why this was an issue, why should the community open their arms to embrace him back into the fold?
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Nirli
Profile Joined February 2023
Bulgaria387 Posts
January 04 2024 06:28 GMT
#290
That's a suiting end of the thread in 2024 AD - man or machine.
kAra
Profile Joined September 2004
Germany1462 Posts
January 04 2024 07:24 GMT
#291
Poll: man or machine

You must be logged in to vote in this poll.

☐ man
☐ machine



mada mada dane
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10387 Posts
January 04 2024 07:46 GMT
#292
On January 04 2024 13:37 FlaShFTW wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2024 11:42 Rapidcasts wrote:
Dear StarCraft Community,

It is with a heavy heart and a profound sense of remorse that I find myself addressing you after a prolonged absence. The journey I've traversed has been one of personal reflection, pain, and a deep desire for redemption.

In the days when I had the privilege of casting StarCraft and StarCraft 2, our community thrived on the shared love for the game. However, a shadow was cast upon my path when serious accusations emerged, forcing me into a silence that has lingered for far too long. To those who have been affected, I extend an apology that falls short of expressing the weight of my regret, constrained by the complexities of legality.

Recently, I found my way back to the world of StarCraft, a place that holds cherished memories and an enduring connection with all of you. I contributed to a new tournament, worked behind the scenes, and even managed to bring in celebrities to share in the passion that defines our community.

Yet, my return to the casting desk on day one stirred emotions, and rightly so. I failed to address the unresolved accusations, leaving a void that I am acutely aware of. I want to express my deepest apologies for this lapse. It was not an oversight or a disregard for your concerns, but rather a consequence of navigating the intricate web of legal complexities that surround these matters.

The journey I've undertaken since those accusations has been a relentless battle. I've faced not only external scrutiny but the harsh toll it takes on one's own spirit. In an attempt to cope, I made the difficult decision to retreat from parts of my online presence, adding another layer of isolation to an already challenging period.

As I stand before you, I want to be clear — I am sorry for everything. I harbor no desire to see our StarCraft community fractured by accusations or infighting. We are connected by a shared passion for this game, and I genuinely believe in our collective ability to heal, learn, and rebuild.

To anyone who has felt harassed or harmed, my apology is not just a collection of words; it comes from the depths of my being. I can't undo the past, but I am committed to a journey of redemption and learning from my mistakes.

Thank you for listening, and I extend a giant, heartfelt apology to whoever may have felt the pain of my actions.

With sincere regret,
RapidCasting

I can't tell if this is a troll account or actual Rapid. Because this doesn't even address any of the actual allegations. This isa nothingburger of an "apology." Also, what is this nonsensical attempt at being poetic or whatever? Speak like a human being jesus.

Heavy "self-proclaimed anime protagonist delivers final speech" energy. I wanted to wait until tomorrow to fully address this but the reality is that this flavor is unshakeable.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
LUCKY_NOOB
Profile Blog Joined June 2013
Bulgaria1593 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-01-04 07:52:12
January 04 2024 07:51 GMT
#293
On January 04 2024 12:24 namkraft wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On January 04 2024 11:42 Rapidcasts wrote:
Thank you for listening, and I extend a giant, heartfelt apology to whoever may have felt the pain of my actions.
RapidCasting


Contrary to some of the other opinions in this thread, I'm glad you apologized. You may be banned from tournaments but nobody can ban you from loving Broodwar. You still have your Twitch and Youtube channels. You can commentate on games between amateurs on battlenet, games you play yourself, or even put up your own money for a mini tournament.

I believe only in nearing death does life truly take meaning. Your commentating "life" if is at stake here, and it's up to you to make the most meaning out of it in the remaining days. Good luck.

Regarding the allegations, I think it would be nice if you would speak with the allegators [sic] privately if needed. It's them who need a personal apology, not the world, I think.



This is NOT an apology. This is an anonymous post. None of his actual known social network accounts have any posts or videos about the topic or anything else for years. Twitter and youtube have nothing new and the facebook profile is deactivated.

This is about conduct in general and public appearance in the community in particular (regardless of it's size).
ko-fi.com/luckynoob
Peeano
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Netherlands5924 Posts
January 04 2024 08:36 GMT
#294
Obv troll. Rapid doesn't talk/write like that, chatgpt does.
Also Rapid has an account since 2009.

Closing thread wouldn't be a bad thing moving forward. It's clear how the community and key characters in all this drama feel. Of those we didn't hear they either don't give a fuck, don't wish to get involved or are trying to save face. Treat Rapid as evil and done. Whatever he can bring to the table is not worth it. His casting and reputation are horrendous and if you think otherwise you're an idiot or noob, most likely both.
FBH #1!
M3t4PhYzX
Profile Joined March 2019
Poland4289 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-01-04 09:59:54
January 04 2024 09:59 GMT
#295
All in all, a legendary thread nonetheless.

BW (drama) 4 life
Dada_
Profile Joined November 2009
Netherlands26 Posts
January 04 2024 10:06 GMT
#296
This might literally be the most bizarre non-apology I've ever read.

Cutting through the pointless verbosity, he doesn't really apologize for anything substantive. Saying "I'm sorry if something I did harmed you" does not count. A true apology would involve clearly and unambiguously admitting what he did wrong to start with, then conveying how sorry is for the harm he caused, and finally explaining what he has done to change himself so that it will never happen again.

As is, there's nothing in this post that would prevent him from later claiming "the accusations were false, but what I'm sorry for is having the game brought into disrepute" because he does not actually address anything. He just says that he was hit with vague "accusations" and implies he can't say more because of "legal complexities".

A real apology also would not be buried on page 15 of a forum topic. So I don't know if this is a troll or if it's the real Rapid testing the waters with an apology he can easily disown because it wasn't posted on his real socials, but it's an absolute waste of time.
Zeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerglings
Magic Powers
Profile Joined April 2012
Austria4478 Posts
January 04 2024 11:00 GMT
#297
I don't believe this was written by Rapid. If it was, then it's not an actual apology.
I'll go with the former for the time being until Rapid confirms this was his post.
If you want to do the right thing, 80% of your job is done if you don't do the wrong thing.
Sorusaba
Profile Joined October 2017
310 Posts
January 04 2024 12:24 GMT
#298
First time I've seen GPT be incredibly funny. The only thing missing was an imbecilic and tone-deaf Geoff reference.
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19386 Posts
January 04 2024 13:00 GMT
#299
I think if you asked ChatGPT “Please write an apology to a community I hurt by abusing underage girls” it would have come out a lot better than that post so I voted human troll.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
IAmRapid
Profile Joined January 2024
1 Post
Last Edited: 2024-01-06 23:05:04
January 06 2024 22:51 GMT
#300
...
P.S. I Am Rapid

User was banned for this post.

I... don't think you are.
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM895
TKL 319
TaKeTV 300
IndyStarCraft 214
BRAT_OK 94
ZombieGrub36
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 895
TKL 319
IndyStarCraft 214
MaxPax 144
BRAT_OK 94
UpATreeSC 92
JuggernautJason40
ZombieGrub36
Nathanias 20
EmSc Tv 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 694
ggaemo 162
White-Ra 140
firebathero 96
Barracks 64
910 51
Killer 28
Bale 25
Trap 25
Shine 24
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 16
yabsab 8
Dota 2
qojqva4607
Counter-Strike
Fnx 775
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby8168
crisheroes1779
Liquid`Hasu1639
Trikslyr61
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi4771
summit1g1996
singsing1398
Beastyqt770
ceh9632
B2W.Neo376
shahzam353
C9.Mang0172
ArmadaUGS141
KnowMe122
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream427
Other Games
BasetradeTV204
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 18
EmSc2Tv 18
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 163
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 24
• Azhi_Dahaki19
• FirePhoenix16
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2204
• TFBlade923
Other Games
• Shiphtur302
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 53m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 53m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 15h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.