• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:27
CEST 21:27
KST 04:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9136 users

Cursor Jump While Playing

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
LaStScan
Profile Joined May 2011
Korea (South)1289 Posts
December 05 2019 11:18 GMT
#1
I always have my FPS and TR turned on and recently I've been noticing this.

I get random FPS drop for a second, cursor jumps suddenly because i'm constantly moving my mouse.

This is pretty annoying and affecting the game when i'm playing intense.

I'll need some time to convert video into gjf.
Here's one I just made.
[image loading]

Cursor jumps while microing SCV

[image loading]

Cursor jumps when I try to rally point to my wraith

[image loading]

About to add barracks, but FPS drop with cursor jump together and me becoming clumsy

Hopefully Blizzard take this seriously and fix this problem.
Trying my best for ASL, ASTL
CadenZie
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Korea (South)545 Posts
December 05 2019 11:51 GMT
#2
I had some cursor glitchy movements throwing me off a lot in my games recently too but I thought maybe it was my mouse dying or me being rusty or something but it does seem to be about the same as that now that im paying attention to my mouse a bit more
SexyGG
Profile Joined May 2006
Bulgaria62 Posts
December 05 2019 11:56 GMT
#3
+1 i have the same issue :/
ggsimida
Profile Joined August 2015
1156 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-12-05 13:24:54
December 05 2019 12:00 GMT
#4
doesnt seem like its affected you much against fresh at least lol
LG)Sabbath
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Argentina3024 Posts
December 05 2019 14:27 GMT
#5
I had this issue as well, I think it's totally gone now, I did these but not sure what actually fixed it:
- change to full screen mode instead of windowed FS
- disable Vertical Sync
- try also disabling the FPS cap, but I have it on now and it works fine

You can check if anything changed or not by going on battle.net and moving the mouse through the friend list, it should have an instantaneous hover effect with no lag.
https://www.twitch.tv/argsabbath/
LaStScan
Profile Joined May 2011
Korea (South)1289 Posts
December 05 2019 16:57 GMT
#6
On December 05 2019 23:27 LG)Sabbath wrote:
I had this issue as well, I think it's totally gone now, I did these but not sure what actually fixed it:
- change to full screen mode instead of windowed FS
- disable Vertical Sync
- try also disabling the FPS cap, but I have it on now and it works fine

You can check if anything changed or not by going on battle.net and moving the mouse through the friend list, it should have an instantaneous hover effect with no lag.


I've been playing SC always on fullscreen mode. No V-Sync. I tried out disabling FPS cap, but it didn't help me at all.
Trying my best for ASL, ASTL
pheer
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
5403 Posts
December 05 2019 17:00 GMT
#7
Try the opposite then, use fullscreen-window mode and enable VSync... even try windowed mode.
Moderator
nyoken
Profile Blog Joined February 2003
United States102 Posts
December 05 2019 17:45 GMT
#8
Sounds like a brood war specific issue, but recently my mouse cursor was also jumping even without being in starcraft. I plugged my mouse into a different USB port and the jumping went away, so maybe there was dust or something in the port.
TheWendiGo_
Profile Joined December 2017
Germany5 Posts
December 05 2019 19:00 GMT
#9
I had the same problem. It stopped once I had my PhysX settings in nvidia set to my gpu instead of default to cpu.
Maybe it will help some of you out.
To be successful, you have to want it, as much as you want to breathe!
LG)Sabbath
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Argentina3024 Posts
December 05 2019 19:10 GMT
#10
On December 06 2019 02:00 pheer wrote:
Try the opposite then, use fullscreen-window mode and enable VSync... even try windowed mode.

This and also try setting SD graphics filter all the way to the left
https://www.twitch.tv/argsabbath/
TT1
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada10089 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-12-05 19:50:21
December 05 2019 19:45 GMT
#11
I've had this happen to me as well, i got a new mouse recently so i thought it was a mouse related issue lol. Playing on fullscreen.

On December 06 2019 04:00 TheWendiGo_ wrote:
I had the same problem. It stopped once I had my PhysX settings in nvidia set to my gpu instead of default to cpu.
Maybe it will help some of you out.


is this "OpenGL rendering GPU"?
ab = tl(i) + tl(pc), the grand answer to every tl.net debate
MeSaber
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden1235 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-12-05 21:37:41
December 05 2019 20:45 GMT
#12
On December 05 2019 23:27 LG)Sabbath wrote:
I had this issue as well, I think it's totally gone now, I did these but not sure what actually fixed it:
- change to full screen mode instead of windowed FS
- disable Vertical Sync
- try also disabling the FPS cap, but I have it on now and it works fine

You can check if anything changed or not by going on battle.net and moving the mouse through the friend list, it should have an instantaneous hover effect with no lag.


Disabling FPS cap leads to more latency because your gpu will work full-time and cause a buffer. Always cap your fps so your gpu and cpu never work at full load.


Scroll to 7:16 and 9:28

....
-.-
TheWendiGo_
Profile Joined December 2017
Germany5 Posts
December 05 2019 20:53 GMT
#13
On December 06 2019 04:45 TT1 wrote:
I've had this happen to me as well, i got a new mouse recently so i thought it was a mouse related issue lol. Playing on fullscreen.

Show nested quote +
On December 06 2019 04:00 TheWendiGo_ wrote:
I had the same problem. It stopped once I had my PhysX settings in nvidia set to my gpu instead of default to cpu.
Maybe it will help some of you out.


is this "OpenGL rendering GPU"?


No, I'm pretty sure it's completely different. From what I remember, is that the setting in nvidia under Surround and PhysX config is set to auto select. Which will choose "the optimal processor". Which basically means, depending on which of the 2 GPU or CPU has less % in usage, that one will be prioritized. This can sway from GPU to CPU depending on what you're doing.
The switch then causes a brief input lag.
To be successful, you have to want it, as much as you want to breathe!
jimminy_kriket
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Canada5542 Posts
December 05 2019 21:48 GMT
#14
On December 06 2019 04:45 TT1 wrote:
I've had this happen to me as well, i got a new mouse recently so i thought it was a mouse related issue lol. Playing on fullscreen.

Show nested quote +
On December 06 2019 04:00 TheWendiGo_ wrote:
I had the same problem. It stopped once I had my PhysX settings in nvidia set to my gpu instead of default to cpu.
Maybe it will help some of you out.


is this "OpenGL rendering GPU"?

What mouse you using now?
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
TT1
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada10089 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-12-05 22:02:56
December 05 2019 22:01 GMT
#15
On December 06 2019 06:48 jimminy_kriket wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2019 04:45 TT1 wrote:
I've had this happen to me as well, i got a new mouse recently so i thought it was a mouse related issue lol. Playing on fullscreen.

On December 06 2019 04:00 TheWendiGo_ wrote:
I had the same problem. It stopped once I had my PhysX settings in nvidia set to my gpu instead of default to cpu.
Maybe it will help some of you out.


is this "OpenGL rendering GPU"?

What mouse you using now?


Endgame XM1, its amazing. The coating and the clicks are great, so is the shape. It's a tad too big for my hand (-1~2mm in length and -.5mm in width would be the perfect size for me) but i'm willing to forgo that because everything else is perfect.

But yea if it was just a bit smaller and like 10g lighter (it's still light @ 70g, no holes or anything) it would be the ultimate mouse for me. For reference I'm a hybrid palm/claw gripper, hand size is about 18x9.
ab = tl(i) + tl(pc), the grand answer to every tl.net debate
LaStScan
Profile Joined May 2011
Korea (South)1289 Posts
December 07 2019 10:47 GMT
#16
Bumping up for the attention and any additional comments people who are experiencing this issue.
Trying my best for ASL, ASTL
outscar
Profile Joined September 2014
2832 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-12-08 01:12:54
December 08 2019 01:05 GMT
#17
I've had so many issues with this game lately so it looks like it's game related but personally don't remember my cursor acting weird. Are you sure it's because of BW, not your mouse, your PC? Try another mouse to make sure which thing causes the problem.

Read it again, so you mean it's because of FPS drop? Try to cap FPS, there's no point having more than 100 (even 60 is enough if your monitor doesn't support) and make sure you're not streaming. Ppl've been reporting lately this patch uses 90% of RAM so it's clearly must be patch.
sunbeams are never made like me...
LaStScan
Profile Joined May 2011
Korea (South)1289 Posts
December 08 2019 06:39 GMT
#18
On December 08 2019 10:05 outscar wrote:
I've had so many issues with this game lately so it looks like it's game related but personally don't remember my cursor acting weird. Are you sure it's because of BW, not your mouse, your PC? Try another mouse to make sure which thing causes the problem.

Read it again, so you mean it's because of FPS drop? Try to cap FPS, there's no point having more than 100 (even 60 is enough if your monitor doesn't support) and make sure you're not streaming. Ppl've been reporting lately this patch uses 90% of RAM so it's clearly must be patch.


i7 8700 16GB RTX2060 500GB SSD 2TB HD is more than enough for 1 desktop streaming with gaming on 1080p60FPS (heavy game programs like PUBG, Overwatch).
My mouse has nothing to do with this since I'm not using wireless mouse.
Trying my best for ASL, ASTL
Poegim
Profile Joined February 2017
Poland298 Posts
December 08 2019 08:16 GMT
#19
Wowow, it helped me with feel of heavy mouse, now mouse works better on 100 fps cap than 200 fps no cap. Thanks.

On December 06 2019 05:45 MeSaber wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2019 23:27 LG)Sabbath wrote:
I had this issue as well, I think it's totally gone now, I did these but not sure what actually fixed it:
- change to full screen mode instead of windowed FS
- disable Vertical Sync
- try also disabling the FPS cap, but I have it on now and it works fine

You can check if anything changed or not by going on battle.net and moving the mouse through the friend list, it should have an instantaneous hover effect with no lag.


Disabling FPS cap leads to more latency because your gpu will work full-time and cause a buffer. Always cap your fps so your gpu and cpu never work at full load. https://youtu.be/7CKnJ5ujL_Q?t=434

Scroll to 7:16 and 9:28

....
https://youtu.be/VtSfjBfp1LA

[ RANKGIM.EU ] Aka: Poezja[T4], Zulu. [[ Probably second best player in the world. In honor of my best friend Moagim, he was a Kraken from the sea. Poegim ]]
LaStScan
Profile Joined May 2011
Korea (South)1289 Posts
December 10 2019 13:45 GMT
#20
bumping up because some other people are having this problem.
Trying my best for ASL, ASTL
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 812
SteadfastSC656
EnkiAlexander 79
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 656
UpATreeSC 112
ZombieGrub94
JuggernautJason46
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 27927
Soulkey 291
Mini 123
Dewaltoss 111
White-Ra 88
Trap 30
ToSsGirL 25
Shine 23
NotJumperer 13
Dota 2
qojqva1298
Counter-Strike
fl0m1429
Fnx 771
shoxiejesuss624
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King107
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2465
Liquid`Hasu1842
Other Games
Grubby2789
ArmadaUGS1025
B2W.Neo594
ceh9482
byalli433
C9.Mang0183
Pyrionflax132
Chillindude71
Trikslyr40
Railgan19
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream91
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 12
• Reevou 6
• Kozan
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 36
• Azhi_Dahaki30
• FirePhoenix7
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV140
League of Legends
• TFBlade1000
Other Games
• imaqtpie1115
• Scarra723
• Shiphtur304
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
14h 33m
OSC
17h 33m
Stellar Fest
17h 33m
OSC
1d 4h
Stellar Fest
1d 17h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.