• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:01
CEST 16:01
KST 23:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6639 users

[G] Mudfish (Korean VPN)

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Normal
Lumire
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States607 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-08-15 20:59:58
August 05 2018 23:03 GMT
#1
Why would you use a VPN?

The Starcraft: Remastered matchmaking algorithm heavily weights geographical location as a factor. This means at higher MMR outside of Korea, you have to endure long queue times (5 min+), small amounts of points won per game (2-6), lower quality games, and often a relatively poor connection. A VPN puts you within the matchmaking pool of the selected node (generally Korea), matching you primarily with Koreans and alleviating nearly all of these issues, especially during prime Korean hours. You get very short (10-30 second) queue times, and generally even games.

A good VPN also improves the connection to players close to the selected node, allegedly through higher priority routing. Americans that regularly face Koreans without a VPN generally report improving from around 10-12 turn rate to 16-20 turn rate with Mudfish. For Europeans, the turn rate is generally lower but the improvement is still very noticeable.

How much does it cost?


Mudfish has a credit system, meaning you only pay for the traffic you use. Mudfish only routes traffic from the selected game, meaning your other programs remain unaffected and you only use your data credits on Starcraft, resulting in a very low cost; much lower than subscription-based VPNs. You would be very hard pressed to ever need more than $5-10 worth of credits for Starcraft. Mudfish also gives you a few games worth of credits for free when you activate your account, letting you try it before you commit to spending extra money on credits.

Personally, after trying various VPNs such as Private Internet Access, VyperVPN, Express VPN etc, I found mudfish to provide by far the best connection and lowest cost.

How do I get it to work?

1. Sign up, activate your account, and download the mudfish client from https://mudfish.net/

2. Launch the Mudfish client as administrator, this should open up the Mudfish dashboard in your default browser. From there, go to "Item" -> "Equip Item", hit ctrl-F, search for Starcraft: Remastered and select it. There should now be a button towards the bottom left that says "Equip this item".

In your dashboard you should now see Starcraft: Remastered under "My Items". Make sure the item is activated, an activated item should have a blue box with a white ring next to the name, like so

[image loading]

3. On the main Mudfish dashboard, go to "Setup" -> "Nodes". Under the country code section, select KR. You should now see a bunch of KR nodes within the node list, like so:

[image loading]

Hit "Save" at the bottom and head back towards the main dashboard.
There should be a blue bar towards the top detailing your configuration status, it should be at 100%.
[image loading]


4. (Optional) For some people, Mudfish requires you to open some ports to function properly. The default Mudfish port is UDP 10008, however, you can change it to any of the ports detailed here if UDP 10008 does not work (I use UDP 10006): http://mudfish.net/docs/en/vpn/references/connection_protocols.html
To change the default port first go to setup -> account -> edit profile and turn on expert mode.
Afterwards go to setup -> program -> connection protocol and select your port.

5. Before you launch Starcraft change the region to Asia on the Bnet launcher, like so:

[image loading]

This is important, If you do not change the region, Mudfish will not work.

6. You can now launch the game. If you set up everything correctly, while the game is running you should see fluctuations in the "realtime traffic" window on the Mudfish dashboard:

[image loading]

If you see this, the VPN is most likely working correctly and you are good to go, with a much better ladder experience awaiting, happy laddering .

|| o.o
Lazare1969
Profile Joined September 2014
United States318 Posts
August 05 2018 23:45 GMT
#2
blizzard's doing something wrong if a VPN is faster than without
6 trillion
castleeMg
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
Canada791 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-08-06 01:06:44
August 06 2018 01:04 GMT
#3
i think its cool and i believe you that it works, maybe i will eventually try it. i just dont get how it works? does anyone actually know how these VPN work and why it gives a better connection? does it give you an equal connection to what you already have and just tricks the matchmaker into believing you're from korea?
AKA: castle[eMg]@USEast/ iCCup
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10861 Posts
August 06 2018 01:25 GMT
#4
I don't really think the VPN is necessary anymore for EVERYONE, I get no lag vs Koreans myself.
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
Lumire
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States607 Posts
August 06 2018 01:40 GMT
#5
On August 06 2018 10:04 castleeMg wrote:
i think its cool and i believe you that it works, maybe i will eventually try it. i just dont get how it works? does anyone actually know how these VPN work and why it gives a better connection? does it give you an equal connection to what you already have and just tricks the matchmaker into believing you're from korea?


I'm not really sure why it works either. Something to do with VPN connections having higher priority than normal p2p connections or something so the routing is better. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can explain what's going on.

But It definitely gives you a better connection to Korea. I live in southern California, which is basically as good as it gets in terms of usa->kr connection, and without VPN I get 12-14 turn rate vs Koreans, whereas with Mudfish I get a consistently smooth 20 turn rate. So the better connection combined with a higher population player base (Koreans) results in a much more pleasant ladder experience.
|| o.o
Rea-Rea
Profile Joined September 2009
United States42 Posts
August 06 2018 03:12 GMT
#6
On August 06 2018 10:25 GGzerG wrote:
I don't really think the VPN is necessary anymore for EVERYONE, I get no lag vs Koreans myself.


This. I get no lag vs koreans and I get matched with Koreans fairly frequently.
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10861 Posts
August 06 2018 03:14 GMT
#7
I really don't think that everyone getting so hype about VPN's through the matchmaking system even understands how VPN's or Networking really works, so what happens when you hit People in EU / NA, you lag worse?
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
Lumire
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States607 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-08-06 03:39:59
August 06 2018 03:20 GMT
#8
On August 06 2018 12:12 Rea-Rea wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2018 10:25 GGzerG wrote:
I don't really think the VPN is necessary anymore for EVERYONE, I get no lag vs Koreans myself.


This. I get no lag vs koreans and I get matched with Koreans fairly frequently.


You consistently get a smooth 20 turn rate vs Koreans? If so, you guys seem to very much be the exceptions. Everyone else I know, even on the west coast, gets around 12-14 turn rate at best without a VPN.

The lag concern is secondary though, the primary concern is the long queue times and uneven games. Waiting for 5 minutes only to play someone significantly below your skill level for 2-6 points for a significant portion of your games is not fun for anyone involved. I agree with your general sentiment is though, a VPN isn't necessary for most players. At lower MMRs the player-base is much larger, giving you a much better ladder experience.
|| o.o
Lumire
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States607 Posts
August 06 2018 03:20 GMT
#9
On August 06 2018 12:14 GGzerG wrote:
I really don't think that everyone getting so hype about VPN's through the matchmaking system even understands how VPN's or Networking really works, so what happens when you hit People in EU / NA, you lag worse?

With a VPN you basically never hit anyone in EU/NA, the Korean player base dwarfs the global player base.
|| o.o
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10861 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-08-06 03:26:57
August 06 2018 03:23 GMT
#10
I get TR 20+ vs Koreans every game almost, I live in South Carolina, 100/10 MBPS DL / UP, play on KR Server(I know it doesn't matter), and never use VPN, I don't think it's necessary.]

EDIT : Oh shit, the real benefit to this is the time for Que and getting more points for wins / less points for loses really for me, I guess other people lag vs Koreans but the MMR difference and player pool difference is what may make me more interested, but I still seem to play a lot of Koreans on Ladder, so i'm kind of confused still.
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
Lumire
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States607 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-08-06 03:27:55
August 06 2018 03:25 GMT
#11
On August 06 2018 12:23 GGzerG wrote:
I get TR 20+ vs Koreans every game almost, I live in South Carolina, 100/10 MBPS DL / UP, play on KR Server(I know it doesn't matter), and never use VPN, I don't think it's necessary.

Well consider yourself very lucky, out of 10+ people I've talked to about this recently, this is the first I've heard of such a good experience. I have a wired 1gbps connection in San Diego and I'm not so fortunate. You can also watch any of the other NA streamers (aegyo, jaeyun, sero, nyoken etc) stream their ladder games and you will see that when they don't use a VPN, their connection to Koreans suffers greatly.
|| o.o
Shinokuki
Profile Joined July 2013
United States924 Posts
August 06 2018 03:26 GMT
#12
On August 06 2018 12:23 GGzerG wrote:
I get TR 20+ vs Koreans every game almost, I live in South Carolina, 100/10 MBPS DL / UP, play on KR Server(I know it doesn't matter), and never use VPN, I don't think it's necessary.


How do you know they are Koreans though
Life is just life
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10861 Posts
August 06 2018 03:27 GMT
#13
On August 06 2018 12:26 Shinokuki wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2018 12:23 GGzerG wrote:
I get TR 20+ vs Koreans every game almost, I live in South Carolina, 100/10 MBPS DL / UP, play on KR Server(I know it doesn't matter), and never use VPN, I don't think it's necessary.


How do you know they are Koreans though

I'm playing vs people on KR server in private games as well, pretty much the same thing I think...
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
Poegim
Profile Joined February 2017
Poland298 Posts
August 06 2018 05:16 GMT
#14
Thanks!
[ RANKGIM.EU ] Aka: Poezja[T4], Zulu. [[ Probably second best player in the world. In honor of my best friend Moagim, he was a Kraken from the sea. Poegim ]]
Rea-Rea
Profile Joined September 2009
United States42 Posts
August 06 2018 05:20 GMT
#15
West coast, consistent 20+ TR against Koreans. When I get matched with peruvians, the TR is garbage.

On August 06 2018 12:26 Shinokuki wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2018 12:23 GGzerG wrote:
I get TR 20+ vs Koreans every game almost, I live in South Carolina, 100/10 MBPS DL / UP, play on KR Server(I know it doesn't matter), and never use VPN, I don't think it's necessary.


How do you know they are Koreans though


Their usernames give it away, when they start chatting in Korean, or they type in korean at the end of the game before they leave. When I play in custom games with koreans, it's pretty much the same thing. Solid TR.
HaN-
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
France1920 Posts
August 06 2018 10:00 GMT
#16
On August 06 2018 12:20 Lumire wrote:

With a VPN you basically never hit anyone in EU/NA, the Korean player base dwarfs the global player base.


That's problematic, the foreign player base is already small enough...
Calendaraka Foxhan
Poegim
Profile Joined February 2017
Poland298 Posts
August 11 2018 11:22 GMT
#17
Strange, it doesnt works for me. Everythin seems fine, i got 100%, i pick Asia, and i am getting europeans ...
[ RANKGIM.EU ] Aka: Poezja[T4], Zulu. [[ Probably second best player in the world. In honor of my best friend Moagim, he was a Kraken from the sea. Poegim ]]
heyitsMiro
Profile Blog Joined November 2016
83 Posts
August 11 2018 11:46 GMT
#18
It's weird. I used to need mudfish to play vs Koreans but now adays (post 1.22 patch), my ladder experience has been 99% Koreans, or at least people playing on the Korean server.


Anyone else have this experience as well? Did they do something to change the geographical location priority with patch 1.22?
fazek42
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Hungary438 Posts
August 11 2018 16:30 GMT
#19
Blizzard should be giving a subscription for free to all non-korean 2k+ mmr players. I'm sure they can bulk-buy data cheaply from Mudfish, and that'd fix ladder nicely
imTess
Profile Joined January 2019
1 Post
January 22 2019 04:17 GMT
#20
Hey @ Lumire I just purchased mudfish VPN and followed your guidelines and I am still getting 1 red ping on each game on korea server and being banned trying to play 3;3 Hunt. Does this not effect my ping I thought that was the soul purpose?
Rodya
Profile Joined January 2018
546 Posts
January 22 2019 05:27 GMT
#21
On January 22 2019 13:17 imTess wrote:
Hey @ Lumire I just purchased mudfish VPN and followed your guidelines and I am still getting 1 red ping on each game on korea server and being banned trying to play 3;3 Hunt. Does this not effect my ping I thought that was the soul purpose?

Oooh.. I think the purpose is to trick Blizzards 1v1 matchmaking algorithm into matching you with Koreans. I'm not sure how the ping is calculated in custom lobbies, but it's possible that the VPN is actually making it worse.
Banned for saying "zerg players are by far the biggest whiners in sc2 history" despite the fact that this forum is full of such posts about Terrans. Foreigner Elitists in control!
arew
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Lithuania1861 Posts
January 22 2019 07:49 GMT
#22
On January 22 2019 14:27 Rodya wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2019 13:17 imTess wrote:
Hey @ Lumire I just purchased mudfish VPN and followed your guidelines and I am still getting 1 red ping on each game on korea server and being banned trying to play 3;3 Hunt. Does this not effect my ping I thought that was the soul purpose?

Oooh.. I think the purpose is to trick Blizzards 1v1 matchmaking algorithm into matching you with Koreans. I'm not sure how the ping is calculated in custom lobbies, but it's possible that the VPN is actually making it worse.


Yeah, definitely. You get a lower ping if you don't use VPN and just join the lobby games in any of the servers.

When it comes to the matchmaking, if you want to get matched with koreans, that's where VPN kicks in.
750/750 emotions fully stacked
kogeT
Profile Joined September 2013
Poland2042 Posts
January 22 2019 08:23 GMT
#23
You guys are so lucky, its impossible for me to get below 250ms with or without VPN from Denmark.
https://www.twitch.tv/kogetbw
Lumire
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States607 Posts
January 22 2019 08:55 GMT
#24
On January 22 2019 13:17 imTess wrote:
Hey @ Lumire I just purchased mudfish VPN and followed your guidelines and I am still getting 1 red ping on each game on korea server and being banned trying to play 3;3 Hunt. Does this not effect my ping I thought that was the soul purpose?


As others have said, the purpose of mudfish is primarily to trick the MM algorithm into matching you with koreans, it won't help you with custom games.
|| o.o
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10861 Posts
January 22 2019 14:00 GMT
#25
I just put on some KPOP and that usually gets me games with Koreans every time, no need for a VPN.
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
Akio
Profile Blog Joined January 2019
Finland1838 Posts
January 22 2019 20:08 GMT
#26
On January 22 2019 23:00 GGzerG wrote:
I just put on some KPOP and that usually gets me games with Koreans every time, no need for a VPN.

Korean ballads lower turn rate for non-Korean VPN users, studies suggest.
Mine gas, build tanks.
SuGo
Profile Joined March 2013
United States681 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-01-22 20:32:33
January 22 2019 20:31 GMT
#27
On January 22 2019 16:49 arew wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2019 14:27 Rodya wrote:
On January 22 2019 13:17 imTess wrote:
Hey @ Lumire I just purchased mudfish VPN and followed your guidelines and I am still getting 1 red ping on each game on korea server and being banned trying to play 3;3 Hunt. Does this not effect my ping I thought that was the soul purpose?

Oooh.. I think the purpose is to trick Blizzards 1v1 matchmaking algorithm into matching you with Koreans. I'm not sure how the ping is calculated in custom lobbies, but it's possible that the VPN is actually making it worse.


Yeah, definitely. You get a lower ping if you don't use VPN and just join the lobby games in any of the servers.

When it comes to the matchmaking, if you want to get matched with koreans, that's where VPN kicks in.


Just to clarify, it's "kicked in" regardless. It's just that in the custom games, when there's 6 other players, it won't work as well, or nearly as well, or even at all. It's still kicked in, but you won't be able to achieve the right latency/ping when there's as many players.

In matchmaking, it's just 1v1, so you can more easily attain <250ms ping (which equates to about TR16); in a 3v3 BGH, it won't keep the same ping obviously and that's why you're suffering.
onlystar
Profile Joined March 2015
United States971 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-01-22 23:06:30
January 22 2019 23:03 GMT
#28
On January 23 2019 05:31 ProtossGG wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2019 16:49 arew wrote:
On January 22 2019 14:27 Rodya wrote:
On January 22 2019 13:17 imTess wrote:
Hey @ Lumire I just purchased mudfish VPN and followed your guidelines and I am still getting 1 red ping on each game on korea server and being banned trying to play 3;3 Hunt. Does this not effect my ping I thought that was the soul purpose?

Oooh.. I think the purpose is to trick Blizzards 1v1 matchmaking algorithm into matching you with Koreans. I'm not sure how the ping is calculated in custom lobbies, but it's possible that the VPN is actually making it worse.


Yeah, definitely. You get a lower ping if you don't use VPN and just join the lobby games in any of the servers.

When it comes to the matchmaking, if you want to get matched with koreans, that's where VPN kicks in.


Just to clarify, it's "kicked in" regardless. It's just that in the custom games, when there's 6 other players, it won't work as well, or nearly as well, or even at all. It's still kicked in, but you won't be able to achieve the right latency/ping when there's as many players.

In matchmaking, it's just 1v1, so you can more easily attain <250ms ping (which equates to about TR16); in a 3v3 BGH, it won't keep the same ping obviously and that's why you're suffering.


as said before it lowers your ping as if you are located in Korea. (but does not help to reduce lag with Korean players)

but I'm very sceptical about the ability to reduce lag if you think logically the VPN acts as a 3rd party making the connection longer less direct making lag in game actually worse.

for Europe location mudfish for sure did not help me to reduce lag the internet highway bottleneck from EU to KR is quite bad

unless you can match with some of the Koreans that use an ISP that does not limit uploading bandwidth to outside KR connections (ie korean isp: KT) you can play on a decent TR12~16 low lat with some of the Korean players)

iG.Arcneon
Profile Joined January 2013
Finland333 Posts
January 23 2019 03:38 GMT
#29
I live in Finland, Europe and I use Mudfish to play SCR.

Most of my games with Mudfish(Korea) are TR20 Extra high, sometimes goes down to 14-16 and with very few to TR8-10.
Even if it sounds really good, the game speed is effected really big time and feels really slow and irritating. Like TR20 is totally different than what I would experience playing same TR on Europe without Mudfish.

Nevertheless I use Mudfish to play, because I get games in matter of seconds.
If I try to get a matchmaking game with my normal Finland IP address, I'm lucky to get couple games in a whole day. Normal queue is from 300 to 1000 seconds and then it either finds me a low rank game or bugs out and starts queue all over again.

Without Mudfish, there would be no SCR Matchmaking for me at all almost, so I'm still thankful for this.
Also tried Mudfish to play with US players by selecting USA VPN and it works too, sometimes bit lower TR but game speed has been still better than vs Koreans.

Definitely worth a try for anyone considering.
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10861 Posts
January 23 2019 14:04 GMT
#30
games in seconds? Wow, I may try it now....
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
QuadroX
Profile Joined August 2017
386 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-12-23 15:03:46
December 23 2019 15:03 GMT
#31
Mudfish stopped working for me recently. Starcraft client throws an error when I log in using Korean VPN. Anyone else having the same issue? Is it Mudfish-related or I should try another VPN software?
castleeMg
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
Canada791 Posts
December 23 2019 15:25 GMT
#32
I don’t use a VPN and 95% of my opponents are Korean
AKA: castle[eMg]@USEast/ iCCup
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10861 Posts
December 23 2019 15:47 GMT
#33
On December 24 2019 00:25 castleeMg wrote:
I don’t use a VPN and 95% of my opponents are Korean

Same, are you on the west or east coast? I'm in California now
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
QuadroX
Profile Joined August 2017
386 Posts
December 23 2019 16:35 GMT
#34
The issue seems to be fixed, was Mudfish-related I guess.
outscar
Profile Joined September 2014
2832 Posts
December 23 2019 19:34 GMT
#35
It's been a while, is it worth now to use this or any other VPN to play on korean ladder?
sunbeams are never made like me...
LG)Sabbath
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Argentina3024 Posts
December 23 2019 20:36 GMT
#36
On December 24 2019 00:25 castleeMg wrote:
I don’t use a VPN and 95% of my opponents are Korean

Me too, also I wouldn't pay to have koreans curse at me because of the lag
https://www.twitch.tv/argsabbath/
QuadroX
Profile Joined August 2017
386 Posts
December 30 2019 18:07 GMT
#37
Does not work again. Can somebody sugggest good Korean VPN for BW that does work? I'm not getting Koreans anymore.
wishbonesaka
Profile Joined June 2016
Canada117 Posts
February 28 2020 22:52 GMT
#38
Not Korean server related, but wondering if anyone knows how to stop lag if they try to play on Europe server through Battle.net Region: Europe

I'm in the NA section of the world, but I am the lagger on the Europe end, wondering if any other NA's have found a solution or is it just randomly location based (i'll either lag or I won't situation)?
Pucca2
Profile Joined February 2020
2 Posts
February 29 2020 03:56 GMT
#39
Just play outside Korea if you're not living in Korea. It's an easy solution.
Ziggy
Profile Blog Joined June 2013
South Korea2107 Posts
May 02 2020 15:34 GMT
#40
has anyone had any trouble with mudfish recently?
WriterDefeating a sandwich only makes it tastier. @imjustziggy
NWVenOm
Profile Joined June 2017
Poland17 Posts
July 04 2020 11:10 GMT
#41
Can you use mudfish and wtfast in the samme time ? does it help ?
old school player :)
Leonix
Profile Joined June 2019
161 Posts
July 05 2020 03:56 GMT
#42
This seems more like an advertisment...
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10861 Posts
July 05 2020 15:16 GMT
#43
Is this even necessary still? Aren't a lot of you playing mainly Koreans on ladder still? Also, I dont think using an app like WTFast is actually going to help your latency / connection between players in BW, maybe in other games but I am pretty sure this won't help.
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
wishbonesaka
Profile Joined June 2016
Canada117 Posts
January 04 2021 14:10 GMT
#44
Hey. Wondering if anyone in Canada has a 24 TR vs Global (KOR/EU) capability. If so how? I only get 24 TR vs NA players as I too am in NA. Is this fixed with an extremely strong internet, or is it just the nature of distance being applied here? If you have encountered the same issue and found a way to fix it I am curious of the information. Links/Threads/etc.. are helpful too if you know any!

Thanks I’m advance.
Happy New Year! 🥳
starithm
Profile Blog Joined July 2013
United States118 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-05-05 00:50:17
May 05 2021 00:43 GMT
#45
I tried playing SC:R with Mudfish (Korean VPN) on, and it reduced my lag and stuttering significantly. And you do get a free credit of 10 KRW (Korean Won) and a free traffic balance of like 0.071 GiB. I played SC:R with Mudfish VPN on for about 2.5 hours last night, and now, my balance is at 9.69 KRW and my
traffic balance is at 0.07 GiB. So, I used 0.31 KRW = $0.00028 for one full night of SC:R gaming session. So, its price is very, very cheap. Also, I get matched with Koreans a lot, and they are very, very good (they do lots of storm drops, dt drops, marine and medic drops, etc).
http://www.twitch.tv/starithm
Normal
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech143
Codebar 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 3615
Jaedong 2578
Leta 2268
Soulkey 1921
EffOrt 1045
Soma 677
Mini 503
Horang2 385
BeSt 317
Light 305
[ Show more ]
Stork 262
Rush 261
Larva 231
Snow 185
Killer 140
ggaemo 131
Barracks 117
hero 115
Zeus 114
firebathero 99
JYJ 90
Mong 63
Sharp 42
Shinee 31
ToSsGirL 30
Aegong 29
Bale 29
sorry 22
zelot 21
Sexy 19
Rock 11
Shine 11
Terrorterran 8
Sacsri 8
Icarus 7
JulyZerg 7
Dota 2
Gorgc6795
qojqva1400
Dendi759
XaKoH 449
Counter-Strike
Fnx 606
kRYSTAL_97
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes4392
Khaldor227
Other Games
gofns45440
singsing1662
olofmeister1236
B2W.Neo829
byalli573
Lowko377
DeMusliM195
mouzStarbuck161
Liquid`VortiX135
Livibee123
ArmadaUGS91
OGKoka 83
Chillindude13
amsayoshi11
Railgan9
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV333
BasetradeTV211
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream185
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 63
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 23
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV358
League of Legends
• Nemesis1756
• Jankos1734
• TFBlade424
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
9h 59m
Kung Fu Cup
20h 59m
The PondCast
1d 19h
OSC
1d 22h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.