• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:08
CEST 01:08
KST 08:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War665.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
ESL Pro Tour for SC2 discontinued [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Ziemie's Starcraft 1 Prequel Campaign Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch)
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13035 users

Season start on iccup = time to quit for a month - Page 4

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
opisska
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Poland8852 Posts
September 05 2016 18:15 GMT
#61
On September 05 2016 01:01 GGzerG wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2016 23:42 Esp1noza wrote:
There are many ladders (in other games), in which you just almost always play opponents of your level. Sc2 for example. I know it has automatchmaking, but I believe similar could be done for bw ladder too. That is what I looking for, not noobbashing.

In the beginning of the season in SC2 and most games, it is just as difficult..


This is not true for SC2. The MMR does not get reset between seasons and thus you are playing always the same people regardless of the phase of the season. The placement in league is irrelevant for the matchmaking.
"Jeez, that's far from ideal." - Serral, the king of mild trashtalk
TL+ Member
DarkNetHunter
Profile Joined October 2012
1224 Posts
September 05 2016 18:38 GMT
#62
If you can't handle losing games on ladder, don't ladder.

ICCup has allowed smurfing since its inception, the ladder reset is only a minor fluctuation in this already existing system. They implemented some limited form of rank carrying over from previous season, but it's minor. This could definitely be expanded and especially with the new rank system implemented there is no reason not to.
(C- level starts at D+, B- level start at C-, A- level start at B- or equivalent)

Good players will try to rank up so they can play players at their rank, if you don't want to play them then check their iccup profile, name your game appropriately (ex: 1v1 D FS, MAX C- | 1v1 D noobs | 1v1 TvX max C+ ) and ban people with no existing records. If you can't find a game at this point, be less stringent about one of those requirements.

In my brief experience (I usually only ladder at most 20games a season, otherwise just play friends) players will respect what you write.
Today I played a game (1v1 D ) vs a bulgarian and the player once game started said he wasn't really 'D' rank, and I said I don't mind because I did not indicate a max rank and I enjoy the opportunity to test myself vs someone better than me.
He pointed me to this TL topic and beat me soundly.

Improvement and practice should mostly come from playing with practice partners, and reviewing your games.
Laddering should be considered a method of testing your current level and stressing your mechanics.

If you're having trouble finding people your own level to play with, add people whom you have really close games with and ask them if they want to play again sometime non-ladder or ladder.

BW is your own experience to make.





Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself.
Dazed.
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada3301 Posts
September 05 2016 18:50 GMT
#63
On September 06 2016 03:15 opisska wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2016 01:01 GGzerG wrote:
On September 04 2016 23:42 Esp1noza wrote:
There are many ladders (in other games), in which you just almost always play opponents of your level. Sc2 for example. I know it has automatchmaking, but I believe similar could be done for bw ladder too. That is what I looking for, not noobbashing.

In the beginning of the season in SC2 and most games, it is just as difficult..


This is not true for SC2. The MMR does not get reset between seasons and thus you are playing always the same people regardless of the phase of the season. The placement in league is irrelevant for the matchmaking.
Eh, not entirely telling the whole story though, are you? Inactive peoples mmr slowly drop, but many of them will come back at the start of seasons, or use multiple accounts, etc.
Never say Die! ||| Fight you? No, I want to kill you.
CoL_DarkstaR
Profile Joined January 2009
Germany649 Posts
September 05 2016 23:10 GMT
#64
On September 06 2016 02:35 Highgamer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2016 17:28 GGzerG wrote:
The problem is that people are scared to lose to opponents way better than them, when in all actuality if the person is relatively smart they will learn much more from losing to a higher ranked player than to a lower ranked player, just by studying timings / execution and build orders. Unfortunately people are so simple minded they would rather play easy games that are longer so they can have fun instead of improve faster.

That is just one of the reasons Koreans are better than foreigners, stop complaining and play the game.


What a bunch of snobbish crap

"Learn from losing, no fun, aight?"

With all due respect, consider this:

If you come home from a day at work, and you're tired, you feel like doing some BW... then you don't want to play games to study, you want a little thrill but not a beating.

Also: For every foreigner-owning-korean there are probably a few koreans who're just as good/bad as your average Iccup-b00n. They just have more players, waaay more players. That can watch professionally commentated BW 24/7.



Well, if you want to play it casually, go ahead, join some hunters, or play with a friend (or stranger for that matter) who's on your exact skill level. Laddering is meant to be competitive. Is it so hard to wrap your head around that?
Heyoka
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Katowice25012 Posts
September 06 2016 06:40 GMT
#65
I think you are taking your video games too seriously if this is really your attitude.

And I go to video game events and make tournaments for a living.
@RealHeyoka | ESL / DreamHack StarCraft Lead
Highgamer
Profile Joined October 2015
1473 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-06 16:52:38
September 06 2016 07:20 GMT
#66
On September 06 2016 08:10 CoL_DarkstaR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2016 02:35 Highgamer wrote:
On September 05 2016 17:28 GGzerG wrote:
The problem is that people are scared to lose to opponents way better than them, when in all actuality if the person is relatively smart they will learn much more from losing to a higher ranked player than to a lower ranked player, just by studying timings / execution and build orders. Unfortunately people are so simple minded they would rather play easy games that are longer so they can have fun instead of improve faster.

That is just one of the reasons Koreans are better than foreigners, stop complaining and play the game.


What a bunch of snobbish crap

"Learn from losing, no fun, aight?"

With all due respect, consider this:

If you come home from a day at work, and you're tired, you feel like doing some BW... then you don't want to play games to study, you want a little thrill but not a beating.

Also: For every foreigner-owning-korean there are probably a few koreans who're just as good/bad as your average Iccup-b00n. They just have more players, waaay more players. That can watch professionally commentated BW 24/7.



Well, if you want to play it casually, go ahead, join some hunters, or play with a friend (or stranger for that matter) who's on your exact skill level. Laddering is meant to be competitive. Is it so hard to wrap your head around that?


No, YOU cannot wrap your head around the point of this discussion.
Every competitive sport in the world has leagues for players of different skill level where you can compete against people of your caliber until you get better. Sometimes you invite the big ones to test yourself, but you can also join a competitive environment of your level where you meet random opponents.

"Ladder is competitive" means exactly this, and not: "Ladder is where Messi's Barcelona beats FC Doodletown in disguise if he wants to"

edit: Tournaments/Cups is where every skill level is represented, everybody knows, nobody complains.
chrisolo
Profile Joined May 2009
Germany2614 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-06 09:24:13
September 06 2016 09:21 GMT
#67
When I was laddering (and I was not really that much into 1v1 laddering), I was happy to play a good player. I tried my best just to have a macro game and even if I lost it would be still satisfying to me. Managing to go into a macro game against a better player can be an accomplishment. That is why I would ALWAYS join 1v1 games in my range from players like trutaCz or Sziky or eOnzerg or even in 2009 against GOsia, Dreiven and co. Yes I lost all of these games, but few games were pretty good and I could at least stand my own for some time against good foreigner players. What I mean to tell you with this post is that you should not always consider winning as an accomplishment.

Set your own goals, which you can accomplish. F.e. set a goal to minimize the amount of idle workers in that game. And bit by bit you will improve and maybe even win at the start of the season. And then you are the "smurf" at the start of the season. Always take a lesson from a beat-down and you might even enjoy losing. Who cares about your ladder rank or the amount of iccup points? The fun is what matters the most and this is what makes BW at least for me so special. You can have fun while losing. Yes, it is not always like this. There were games against good foreigners, where they beat me with only one vulture harrasing me. Was this fun? Probably not., but it could have been, if I was better. Take ICCUP as an opportunity to play Broodwar and not to WIN games...


+ Show Spoiler +
Man writing this makes me wanna come back from inactivity and play some ..:D
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ - aka cReAtiVee
Wrath
Profile Blog Joined July 2014
3175 Posts
September 06 2016 09:36 GMT
#68
On September 06 2016 16:20 Highgamer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2016 08:10 CoL_DarkstaR wrote:
On September 06 2016 02:35 Highgamer wrote:
On September 05 2016 17:28 GGzerG wrote:
The problem is that people are scared to lose to opponents way better than them, when in all actuality if the person is relatively smart they will learn much more from losing to a higher ranked player than to a lower ranked player, just by studying timings / execution and build orders. Unfortunately people are so simple minded they would rather play easy games that are longer so they can have fun instead of improve faster.

That is just one of the reasons Koreans are better than foreigners, stop complaining and play the game.


What a bunch of snobbish crap

"Learn from losing, no fun, aight?"

With all due respect, consider this:

If you come home from a day at work, and you're tired, you feel like doing some BW... then you don't want to play games to study, you want a little thrill but not a beating.

Also: For every foreigner-owning-korean there are probably a few koreans who're just as good/bad as your average Iccup-b00n. They just have more players, waaay more players. That can watch professionally commentated BW 24/7.



Well, if you want to play it casually, go ahead, join some hunters, or play with a friend (or stranger for that matter) who's on your exact skill level. Laddering is meant to be competitive. Is it so hard to wrap your head around that?


No, YOU cannot wrap your head around the point of this discussion.
Every competitive sport in the world has leagues for players of different skill level where you can compete against people of your caliber until you get better. Sometimes you invite the big ones to test yourself, but you can also join a competitive environment of your level where you meet random opponents.

"Ladder is competitive" means exactly this, and not: "Ladder is where Messi's Barcelona beats FC Doodletown in disguise if he wants to"


I laughed hard on the last part. But then again it is kinda true, I simply look at their stats, if they join my "D" game and they have like 9-0 stats I simply ban them until someone else joins.
XenOsky
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Chile2358 Posts
September 06 2016 19:13 GMT
#69
On September 06 2016 18:36 Wrath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2016 16:20 Highgamer wrote:
On September 06 2016 08:10 CoL_DarkstaR wrote:
On September 06 2016 02:35 Highgamer wrote:
On September 05 2016 17:28 GGzerG wrote:
The problem is that people are scared to lose to opponents way better than them, when in all actuality if the person is relatively smart they will learn much more from losing to a higher ranked player than to a lower ranked player, just by studying timings / execution and build orders. Unfortunately people are so simple minded they would rather play easy games that are longer so they can have fun instead of improve faster.

That is just one of the reasons Koreans are better than foreigners, stop complaining and play the game.


What a bunch of snobbish crap

"Learn from losing, no fun, aight?"

With all due respect, consider this:

If you come home from a day at work, and you're tired, you feel like doing some BW... then you don't want to play games to study, you want a little thrill but not a beating.

Also: For every foreigner-owning-korean there are probably a few koreans who're just as good/bad as your average Iccup-b00n. They just have more players, waaay more players. That can watch professionally commentated BW 24/7.



Well, if you want to play it casually, go ahead, join some hunters, or play with a friend (or stranger for that matter) who's on your exact skill level. Laddering is meant to be competitive. Is it so hard to wrap your head around that?


No, YOU cannot wrap your head around the point of this discussion.
Every competitive sport in the world has leagues for players of different skill level where you can compete against people of your caliber until you get better. Sometimes you invite the big ones to test yourself, but you can also join a competitive environment of your level where you meet random opponents.

"Ladder is competitive" means exactly this, and not: "Ladder is where Messi's Barcelona beats FC Doodletown in disguise if he wants to"


I laughed hard on the last part. But then again it is kinda true, I simply look at their stats, if they join my "D" game and they have like 9-0 stats I simply ban them until someone else joins.


that mentality makes iccup a shitty place to play
ἡ τῆς Νεμέσεως τάξις
sabas123
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Netherlands3122 Posts
September 06 2016 19:31 GMT
#70
On September 06 2016 03:50 Dazed_Spy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2016 03:15 opisska wrote:
On September 05 2016 01:01 GGzerG wrote:
On September 04 2016 23:42 Esp1noza wrote:
There are many ladders (in other games), in which you just almost always play opponents of your level. Sc2 for example. I know it has automatchmaking, but I believe similar could be done for bw ladder too. That is what I looking for, not noobbashing.

In the beginning of the season in SC2 and most games, it is just as difficult..


This is not true for SC2. The MMR does not get reset between seasons and thus you are playing always the same people regardless of the phase of the season. The placement in league is irrelevant for the matchmaking.
Eh, not entirely telling the whole story though, are you? Inactive peoples mmr slowly drop, but many of them will come back at the start of seasons, or use multiple accounts, etc.

But MMR decay is nothing significant, you won't drop multiple leagues in a few years time.
The harder it becomes, the more you should focus on the basics.
endy
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Switzerland8970 Posts
September 06 2016 20:01 GMT
#71
On September 06 2016 16:20 Highgamer wrote:
"Ladder is competitive" means exactly this, and not: "Ladder is where Messi's Barcelona beats FC Doodletown in disguise if he wants to"


What a terrible analogy. Not only in soccer they play in a league (La Liga) which is totally different from a ladder, but when they play in the Copa del Rey (tournament with all 4 divisions), I'm pretty sure that 4th division clubs are happy to face a legendary team and see it as a super interesting challenge.
ॐ
rauk
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States2228 Posts
September 06 2016 21:26 GMT
#72
On September 07 2016 05:01 endy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2016 16:20 Highgamer wrote:
"Ladder is competitive" means exactly this, and not: "Ladder is where Messi's Barcelona beats FC Doodletown in disguise if he wants to"


What a terrible analogy. Not only in soccer they play in a league (La Liga) which is totally different from a ladder, but when they play in the Copa del Rey (tournament with all 4 divisions), I'm pretty sure that 4th division clubs are happy to face a legendary team and see it as a super interesting challenge.


yea a club who already knows how to play football and knows about barca. a newbie D- player, vs a C+ no name they have never and will never hear about, does not care about playing someone 5 ranks ahead of them, they just want to have fun
Highgamer
Profile Joined October 2015
1473 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-06 22:07:27
September 06 2016 21:27 GMT
#73
On September 07 2016 05:01 endy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2016 16:20 Highgamer wrote:
"Ladder is competitive" means exactly this, and not: "Ladder is where Messi's Barcelona beats FC Doodletown in disguise if he wants to"


What a terrible analogy. Not only in soccer they play in a league (La Liga) which is totally different from a ladder, but when they play in the Copa del Rey (tournament with all 4 divisions), I'm pretty sure that 4th division clubs are happy to face a legendary team and see it as a super interesting challenge.


You don't read posts carefully it seems or don't understand them...

I did not make an analogy between soccer leagues and ladders...

The analogy only concerns the difference in team's strengths that is analog to the skill difference between A/B smurfs and D/D- players.

Additionally: In my post I specifically point out that in Tournaments/Cups - like the Copa for example or Iccup-Tournaments - noone is against big differences in skill levels. Especially because they see it coming and Messi is not disguised as a 4th division club player.

I personally have no problem with Iccup, I play higher ranked players to learn from those games, and tell them to leave when I'm not in a learning-mood.
But these topics about bad ladder experiences for D-ranks are popping up again and again, there is something warped about our die-hard attitude that is scaring away people who could become future members of the community if only the ladder worked like a ladder should - and that problem deserves an unbiased discussion.

I'm thankful for Iccup as it is and assume it's hard work to reform the ladder, so I would never rage against those nice people who keep it going. But one can point out problems or not...

I get the impression that a lot of veterans here either cannot even take another point of view any more, or just don't want to change the convenient status-quo where they can get their ego boosting dose of noob-bashing every now and then.
WhiteKnight.US
Profile Joined May 2014
Great Britain102 Posts
September 06 2016 21:54 GMT
#74
I don't know why Scarbo is getting all this hate. There are a lot of players like Madinho that have 10 accounts with 100-0 stats and you know they are just newb bashing and dodging good players. I used to be tired of A- players like Madinho that just wanted perfect stats so they could look good.
Highgamer
Profile Joined October 2015
1473 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-06 22:06:59
September 06 2016 22:06 GMT
#75
wrong button
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
September 06 2016 22:17 GMT
#76
Ah I remember when I used to complain about this.

Honestly you have a couple choices. If you just want to play a close game and not worry about getting smashed, why not get a practice partner or friend to play with during this time? If your primary goal is to just have fun close games and not improving, this is the best way to do it. Ladder will always have smurfs and the beginning of every ICCUP season is like this no matter what.

So you can play with a practice partner or play and try to improve. There are ways around this. You can even play on bnet if you want, assuming you play a non hacker, I imagine most on there are pretty bad as well.

When I think of something else, something will go here
endy
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Switzerland8970 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-06 23:27:20
September 06 2016 23:20 GMT
#77
On September 07 2016 06:27 Highgamer wrote:
I get the impression that a lot of veterans here either cannot even take another point of view any more, or just don't want to change the convenient status-quo where they can get their ego boosting dose of noob-bashing every now and then.


I don't know, when I first started to play Starcraft online in 2005 I really didn't mind losing. I absolutely loved how challenging the game was. It was just regular battlenet and I played a mix of FMP, hunters, 1v1 on regular maps, UMS. Over 10 years later, I'm still not even good and I'm still totally fine with the current system.

You have the right not to like how ladder works, but as said many times before you also can play non-ladder games. I guess we simply have a very different mindset which explains why so many players are fine with the current system (not only top players by the way), and also a fair number players who, like you, find it problematic. I promise you we're not a bunch of old and mean veterans trying to bash noobs with smurf accounts. On the contrary, fresh blood is the best thing that can happen to the game we love, we just don't understand why losing wasn't an issue for us and it is for you.

Actually, assuming you're Highgamer on iccup, you have a pretty decent record. Out of the 12 games you played, there was one C+ high, one B- high, and one B last season. You defeated both the C+ and the B guys. A few C- high and all others were D/D+ high. Didn't beating the C+ and B guys give you a lot of satisfaction? It definitely should have. There's really no evidence supporting smurf doing noob bashing, unless you're checking everyone's record before you start the game, but then you would have banned the guy who was B last season, instead you beat him, that's awesome!

ॐ
Highgamer
Profile Joined October 2015
1473 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-07 07:18:26
September 07 2016 07:13 GMT
#78
On September 07 2016 08:20 endy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 07 2016 06:27 Highgamer wrote:
I get the impression that a lot of veterans here either cannot even take another point of view any more, or just don't want to change the convenient status-quo where they can get their ego boosting dose of noob-bashing every now and then.


I don't know, when I first started to play Starcraft online in 2005 I really didn't mind losing. I absolutely loved how challenging the game was. It was just regular battlenet and I played a mix of FMP, hunters, 1v1 on regular maps, UMS. Over 10 years later, I'm still not even good and I'm still totally fine with the current system.

You have the right not to like how ladder works, but as said many times before you also can play non-ladder games. I guess we simply have a very different mindset which explains why so many players are fine with the current system (not only top players by the way), and also a fair number players who, like you, find it problematic. I promise you we're not a bunch of old and mean veterans trying to bash noobs with smurf accounts. On the contrary, fresh blood is the best thing that can happen to the game we love, we just don't understand why losing wasn't an issue for us and it is for you.

Actually, assuming you're Highgamer on iccup, you have a pretty decent record. Out of the 12 games you played, there was one C+ high, one B- high, and one B last season. You defeated both the C+ and the B guys. A few C- high and all others were D/D+ high. Didn't beating the C+ and B guys give you a lot of satisfaction? It definitely should have. There's really no evidence supporting smurf doing noob bashing, unless you're checking everyone's record before you start the game, but then you would have banned the guy who was B last season, instead you beat him, that's awesome!



Funny thing is: We don't have a different mindset ^^, I feel exactly as you do.

I personally have no problem at all with the ladder as it is or was before the change. I just want to play BW and improve over time, and I realized right away that playing the best possible opponents is the best benchmark. So, apart from understandable frustration after too many beatings, I never complain about the whole thing. I understood right away that Iccup is a gift from heaven for people like me who have problems on Fish because of relatively bad internet.

When a new season starts, I host games like "D to C" or "D/C" that indicate I'm not 'real D' - and as soon as I rank up I host "D+++" or "C-" and so on and hardly ever send higher ranked players away. I have shit stats all over at the end of the season and I don't mind, because I literally never play people on ladder that are worse ranked... unless they force it.

I just started defending people like Scarbo here because I think I can take their point of view. Iccup does not have an optimal ladder system, one can lament that without pointing the finger at anyone. Every new season many people (like me by now huehue) are forced to rank up again, but not all host "D/C games" or can even host. Additionally, there are a lot of mid/high level smurfs who literally only come to beat noobs or boost their rank, one should point the finger at those.

Maybe ShieldBattery will help the people who have issues with Iccup (which I don't have ^^).
Th1rdEye
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States1074 Posts
September 08 2016 03:09 GMT
#79
How is it fair that TL allows people to use the word "rape" in the context that they do? Like OP and few posters down. I know someone who would be very upset with seeing the word used like that, and I don't use it either. You know, some people have actually been raped
from the days of: TheMarine [NC]...YellOw [H.O.T.]-Forever99 OgOgO [_MuMyung_] ChRh PlayGrrrr.... SlayerS_`BoxeR` [Oops]Reach [ReD]NaDa [DF]zergboy..!! Pusan[S.G] Nal_rA GARIMTO SSamJJang ChoJJa JinSu Silent_Control iloveoov H_PauL_WII JulyZerg [DaK]JoYo
Ars0n_
Profile Joined August 2015
28 Posts
September 08 2016 03:59 GMT
#80
I have no fun playing d- ranked people yet somehow b rank players have tons of fun beating up on noobies when there is no challenge or risk for losing? I just dont get it.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
The QMC Showmatch 1
OSC
08:00
Masters Cup #151: Group A
davetesta0
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O124
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10200
Artosis 626
ZZZero.O 124
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm175
League of Legends
Doublelift5059
JimRising 181
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4293
Other Games
summit1g8779
FrodaN2348
Liquid`RaSZi2060
C9.Mang0298
Livibee194
ToD179
Pyrionflax109
Maynarde103
ArmadaUGS48
Mew2King39
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1143
StarCraft 2
CranKy Ducklings17
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 115
• musti20045 40
• Sammyuel 30
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1502
• Scarra687
• Shiphtur615
Upcoming Events
OSC
12h 52m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 11h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.