• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:13
CEST 12:13
KST 19:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9065 users

SCBW Monobattles! - Page 2

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Dazed.
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada3301 Posts
May 01 2013 00:06 GMT
#21
I dont think its much of an issue, though I would suggest a brief triggerd message when the game starts explaining the premise. People dont read, or dont comprehend, the actual mission briefing...
Never say Die! ||| Fight you? No, I want to kill you.
traceurling
Profile Joined December 2012
United States1240 Posts
May 01 2013 00:25 GMT
#22
On May 01 2013 08:25 CrystalDrag wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 30 2013 11:04 ninazerg wrote:
Hydralisk does not have a prerequisite unit. o.o

Woops, fixed it :3

Show nested quote +
On April 30 2013 11:27 FlaShFTW wrote:
keep the units at the same health like if you go guardian and make mutas. attack and armor = 0 is correct.

But if someone wants to go for mutalisk, then they will be stuck with 0 attack and 0 armor

Show nested quote +
On May 01 2013 02:16 traceurling wrote:
Since it's a team game, I feel like itd be better on a map similar to District 10, Fossil Quarrry, or Sand Canyon (SC2 4v4 ladder maps)

Well you can help me make them lazy :D

Triggers is actually very easy. Just duplicating it was hard...
But if you want to be able to create two units, then you must create 999999999 and let them all die before allowing you to make them :D

I can convert the maps but idk how to do triggers I can't even make observer maps :/
"Appreciate the things you have before they become the things you had."
Dazed.
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada3301 Posts
May 01 2013 00:29 GMT
#23
You can literally save and load triggers, its just a matter of clicks.
Never say Die! ||| Fight you? No, I want to kill you.
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10392 Posts
May 01 2013 00:32 GMT
#24
Why not just have individual selection grids for each player? There is enough room in the middle. Also, when Zerg spawns, you can tell their location by creep on the map.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
CrystalDrag
Profile Joined July 2010
173 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-01 00:46:30
May 01 2013 00:38 GMT
#25
On May 01 2013 09:25 traceurling wrote:
I can convert the maps but idk how to do triggers I can't even make observer maps :/

If you create the 8 player maps i can do the rest :D

On May 01 2013 09:32 Jealous wrote:
Why not just have individual selection grids for each player? There is enough room in the middle. Also, when Zerg spawns, you can tell their location by creep on the map.

Because the race you pick matters in this game, so segregation must be by race! D:

------------MAP HAS BEEN UPDATED------------
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10392 Posts
May 01 2013 01:35 GMT
#26
On May 01 2013 09:38 CrystalDrag wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 01 2013 09:25 traceurling wrote:
I can convert the maps but idk how to do triggers I can't even make observer maps :/

If you create the 8 player maps i can do the rest :D

Show nested quote +
On May 01 2013 09:32 Jealous wrote:
Why not just have individual selection grids for each player? There is enough room in the middle. Also, when Zerg spawns, you can tell their location by creep on the map.

Because the race you pick matters in this game, so segregation must be by race! D:

------------MAP HAS BEEN UPDATED------------

Can't you do if zergling hero then generate zerg units, if zealot hero then generate y units, if marine hero generate z units, etc? Also I don't think having map reveal the selections for all players is essential...
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
traceurling
Profile Joined December 2012
United States1240 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-01 02:38:34
May 01 2013 02:12 GMT
#27
Good because I already made a sand canyon conversion did it over summer when I was a shitty mapper tho I'll send it to you...I was gonna make mono battles with it but the only way I could think of doing it was all 8 players have to play the same unit and just make one map for every unit XD
EDIT: We should organize a 4v4 tournament for this teams would actually have to practice together and workout good synergies and counters xD also would it be possible to make the selection process kinda like LoL? Where first Player 1 of Team 1 picks, then P1 and P2 of Team 2, then P2 and P3 of Team 1, then P3 and P4 of Team 2, then P4 of Team 1? Could balance out the picking process...and give each player 30-60 seconds to talk and pick or they get a random unit
"Appreciate the things you have before they become the things you had."
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10392 Posts
May 01 2013 02:58 GMT
#28
On May 01 2013 11:12 traceurling wrote:
Good because I already made a sand canyon conversion did it over summer when I was a shitty mapper tho I'll send it to you...I was gonna make mono battles with it but the only way I could think of doing it was all 8 players have to play the same unit and just make one map for every unit XD
EDIT: We should organize a 4v4 tournament for this teams would actually have to practice together and workout good synergies and counters xD also would it be possible to make the selection process kinda like LoL? Where first Player 1 of Team 1 picks, then P1 and P2 of Team 2, then P2 and P3 of Team 1, then P3 and P4 of Team 2, then P4 of Team 1? Could balance out the picking process...and give each player 30-60 seconds to talk and pick or they get a random unit

IDK if that's optimal, BW UMS players will be all like "ain't got time for that"

Or at least I would >_< I just don't want my enemies to know what I picked. Then you might as well do it all at the same time, and save time, no?
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Jonoman92
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
United States9110 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-01 04:53:28
May 01 2013 04:52 GMT
#29
One day I will learn what Monobattles is... but today is not that day.

edit: eh, read the description... sounds basic enough.
traceurling
Profile Joined December 2012
United States1240 Posts
May 01 2013 05:50 GMT
#30
On May 01 2013 13:52 Jonoman92 wrote:
One day I will learn what Monobattles is... but today is not that day.

edit: eh, read the description... sounds basic enough.

I think it's where all the players contract mono and need to fight the infection...
"Appreciate the things you have before they become the things you had."
hacklebeast
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5090 Posts
May 01 2013 05:58 GMT
#31
On May 01 2013 14:50 traceurling wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 01 2013 13:52 Jonoman92 wrote:
One day I will learn what Monobattles is... but today is not that day.

edit: eh, read the description... sounds basic enough.

I think it's where all the players contract mono and need to fight the infection...

I'm pretty sure it's when all players make a 200/200 army, and the game is decided by a single battle.
Protoss: Best, Paralyze, Jangbi, Nal_Ra || Terran: Oov, Boxer, Fantasy, Hiya|| Zerg: Yellow, Zero
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
May 01 2013 08:25 GMT
#32
On May 01 2013 14:58 hacklebeast wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 01 2013 14:50 traceurling wrote:
On May 01 2013 13:52 Jonoman92 wrote:
One day I will learn what Monobattles is... but today is not that day.

edit: eh, read the description... sounds basic enough.

I think it's where all the players contract mono and need to fight the infection...

I'm pretty sure it's when all players make a 200/200 army, and the game is decided by a single battle.

You mean, like a game of SC2?
+ Show Spoiler +
Only joking.
Maybe.
Berceno
Profile Joined May 2012
Spain401 Posts
May 01 2013 11:52 GMT
#33
oh please do it!!!!
protoss living in da ghetto
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10392 Posts
May 01 2013 13:09 GMT
#34
On May 01 2013 17:25 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 01 2013 14:58 hacklebeast wrote:
On May 01 2013 14:50 traceurling wrote:
On May 01 2013 13:52 Jonoman92 wrote:
One day I will learn what Monobattles is... but today is not that day.

edit: eh, read the description... sounds basic enough.

I think it's where all the players contract mono and need to fight the infection...

I'm pretty sure it's when all players make a 200/200 army, and the game is decided by a single battle.

You mean, like a game of SC2?
+ Show Spoiler +
Only joking.
Maybe.

[image loading]
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
CrystalDrag
Profile Joined July 2010
173 Posts
May 01 2013 23:07 GMT
#35
On May 01 2013 14:58 hacklebeast wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's when all players make a 200/200 army, and the game is decided by a single battle.

actually this false, because early tier unit pressure can quickly end the game

@traceurling, you know where to post the map. :D
Trozz
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada3456 Posts
May 02 2013 00:22 GMT
#36
Dark Archons imba.
Thanks a bunch for making this.
ONWARDS, FOR SCIENCE!
A build is not a guess, an estimation or a hunch, a feeling, or a foolish intuition. A build is a dependable, unwavering, unarguably accurate, portrayer of your ambition.
FlaShFTW
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States10568 Posts
May 02 2013 00:32 GMT
#37
On May 01 2013 08:41 Jealous wrote:
There needs to be a way to disguise your unit choice imo >_>

no. one rule is that you announce your units before hand.
Writer#1 KT and FlaSh Fanboy || Woo Jung Ho Never Forget || Teamliquid Political Decision Desk
TL+ Member
CrystalDrag
Profile Joined July 2010
173 Posts
May 02 2013 00:35 GMT
#38
On May 02 2013 09:32 FlaShFTW wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 01 2013 08:41 Jealous wrote:
There needs to be a way to disguise your unit choice imo >_>

no. one rule is that you announce your units before hand.


in fact, people only see what you pick if your paying attention to them... also its neccesary or else there could be zergling-ultra-zealot-reaver vs carriers-guardian-zealot-tank
traceurling
Profile Joined December 2012
United States1240 Posts
May 02 2013 00:51 GMT
#39
Have you thought about incorporatin infested terrans XD
"Appreciate the things you have before they become the things you had."
CrystalDrag
Profile Joined July 2010
173 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-02 23:24:31
May 02 2013 23:20 GMT
#40
On May 02 2013 09:51 traceurling wrote:
Have you thought about incorporatin infested terrans XD


You can get infested terrans if you select queen.

Edit : does anyone have an unprotector program link? I had to redownload starcraft so i cant access my own map...
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 1
Rush vs Light
Afreeca ASL 5849
StarCastTV_EN113
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko196
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 8315
Bisu 1841
FanTaSy 1474
Jaedong 611
actioN 587
BeSt 519
Leta 415
Horang2 331
EffOrt 283
Larva 275
[ Show more ]
Zeus 193
Dewaltoss 112
Mong 87
Barracks 74
scan(afreeca) 69
Mind 66
sorry 57
ToSsGirL 56
Free 53
Killer 48
JYJ 39
Aegong 38
Shinee 36
Bale 30
soO 27
sSak 25
Sexy 24
HiyA 16
yabsab 14
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
XcaliburYe202
Counter-Strike
byalli939
Other Games
summit1g8696
singsing1407
olofmeister1008
crisheroes268
Pyrionflax184
KnowMe122
dupreeh51
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick672
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 95
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1213
Other Games
• WagamamaTV186
Upcoming Events
WardiTV Weekly
47m
Monday Night Weeklies
5h 47m
Replay Cast
12h 47m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 47m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
3 days
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.