• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:20
CEST 19:20
KST 02:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9323 users

Tving OSL Finals Winners Interview

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Caihead
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada8550 Posts
August 04 2012 16:07 GMT
#1
I already put it up in my compilation thread but no one noticed it so I will repost.

Source: http://esports.dailygame.co.kr/news/read.php?id=64601

8/4 (P)JangBi: I will go down in history, SC2 is a brand new start.

[image loading]

Q:How does it feel as the last BW OSL champion
A:There hasn't been a protoss who successfully defended his title yet, getting to be this glorious main character myself is just too worth remembering / being proud over. Getting to become a legend in history is really so great, but I won against (T)Fantasy both times to get the championship, I feel really sorry for him.

Q: Did you prepare Carriers for the first match? If not, was it an improvisation based on an advantage?
A: It was a cross positions opening, it wasn't an improvisation, I also had strategies for close position, but I didn't have a chance to show it. I also used planned strategies for the rest of the matches.

[image loading]
[image loading]

Q: How did you practice?
A: January helped / thought for me alot, since the BW/SC2 format there were alot of difficulties, but there will only be SC2 OSL's from now on, so there isn't much to worry about.

Q: What was the deciding factor of winning this championship?
A: Had it been before, I would have alot of burden, but now to me having an mixed format was a good thing. I had less baggage than last season, I played how I wanted when I wanted.

Q: It was also apparent last season that you are completely relaxed on the big stage, how do you manage that? Also what are your plans for the future?
A: I started my career alot earlier than (T)Fantasy, and I also got on the finals stage faster, so having an relaxed mentality is natural. I think it's because I have more experience. This time I also want to prove that the last championship wasn't won by luck.
OSL is switching to SC2 now, even though I can't right now, but I wish to work and catch up quickly to GSL players in ability.

Q: Last match you were holding your fist at the camera before the opponent GG-ed
A: When (my) Dragoon and dt was in the opponent's main I felt the audience's cheering. I had the feeling of winning, and the camera panned to me too, so I gave a pose (laugh)~

Q: As the first protoss 2 time consecutive champion, will you win next season too?
A: If we kept playing BW I have confidence, but if we switch to SC2 I have ambition but not enough confidence is a fact, in the future I will try to over come my weaknesses.

Q: How do you feel about the last BW OSL?
A: I also was asked this before, BW gave me a dream, it gave me a meaning to exist, its end is very regretful to me. But switching to SC2 is a new beginning, so I also have a new beginning.

Q: Say something to the fans.
A: I won these results in the OSL because of these fans, because of everyone's support I got this championship, I really (want) thank everyone.
"If you're not living in the US or are a US Citizen, please do not tell us how to vote or how you want our country to be governed." - Serpest, American Hero
Caihead
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada8550 Posts
August 04 2012 16:08 GMT
#2
Good nite all, I hope there weren't translation errors, feel free to mod edits if there are.
"If you're not living in the US or are a US Citizen, please do not tell us how to vote or how you want our country to be governed." - Serpest, American Hero
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51539 Posts
August 04 2012 16:10 GMT
#3
BACK
TO
BACK

TITLES!!!

well deserved Jangbi!
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
brolaf
Profile Joined May 2012
291 Posts
August 04 2012 16:14 GMT
#4
Thanks. Wouldve hoped for some spicy details about strategy and tactics though given how there is no future bw for them to keep it under the hood for.
Chef
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
10810 Posts
August 04 2012 16:16 GMT
#5
Thanks for trans. Sad how apparent it is that he's worried about his future as a Khan player, but I know he loved this game enough to give it his all. He played good games and it's nice to see Coach January getting some credit esp. against the fabled SKT coaching staff. Maybe Fantasy got a little nervous too, just like Flash did in the semi.
LEGEND!! LEGEND!!
[Azn]Nada
Profile Joined April 2009
United States275 Posts
August 04 2012 16:27 GMT
#6
Sigh, the very last OSL game is a one sided DT-cheese rush on a protoss favored map. Jesus jangbi, I know you want to win, but couldnt you give us a game that is slightly more mannered/exciting?

Very expected from the A-Move cheese race though I suppose...
sour_eraser
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada932 Posts
August 04 2012 16:30 GMT
#7
Thanks for the translation
"What's the f*cking point of censoring a letter if everyone and their mother knows what it stands for.... F*cking morons"
6NR
Profile Joined March 2012
United States1472 Posts
August 04 2012 16:32 GMT
#8
Congratulations Jangbi!
SnowFantasy
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
4173 Posts
August 04 2012 16:33 GMT
#9
On August 05 2012 01:27 [Azn]Nada wrote:
Sigh, the very last OSL game is a one sided DT-cheese rush on a protoss favored map. Jesus jangbi, I know you want to win, but couldnt you give us a game that is slightly more mannered/exciting?

Very expected from the A-Move cheese race though I suppose...


Playing to win in a finals of one of the last BW OSL tournaments is bad mannered?

What...
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51694 Posts
August 04 2012 16:34 GMT
#10
The consecutive champion question was TL's, but was hella paraphrased
Commentator
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
August 04 2012 16:37 GMT
#11
On August 05 2012 01:33 SnowFantasy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2012 01:27 [Azn]Nada wrote:
Sigh, the very last OSL game is a one sided DT-cheese rush on a protoss favored map. Jesus jangbi, I know you want to win, but couldnt you give us a game that is slightly more mannered/exciting?

Very expected from the A-Move cheese race though I suppose...


Playing to win in a finals of one of the last BW OSL tournaments is bad mannered?

What...

Theres also 2 players to the game. Fantasy sure as hell want to win as well.
chaosTheory_14cc
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada1270 Posts
August 04 2012 16:37 GMT
#12
Thanks for translating.

Congrats to Jangbi for the 2 time consecutive championships. Well deserved.
getSome[703]
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States753 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-04 16:42:31
August 04 2012 16:42 GMT
#13
On August 05 2012 01:27 [Azn]Nada wrote:
Sigh, the very last OSL game is a one sided DT-cheese rush on a protoss favored map. Jesus jangbi, I know you want to win, but couldnt you give us a game that is slightly more mannered/exciting?

Very expected from the A-Move cheese race though I suppose...


Nothing like a bit of BW balance whining at the very end!

Yay jangbi
Running Log! http://www.runningahead.com/logs/5081b4d7a4a94c5e8fa20b01e668dfb6/calendar
FromShouri
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
United States862 Posts
August 04 2012 16:46 GMT
#14
On August 05 2012 01:27 [Azn]Nada wrote:
Sigh, the very last OSL game is a one sided DT-cheese rush on a protoss favored map. Jesus jangbi, I know you want to win, but couldnt you give us a game that is slightly more mannered/exciting?

Very expected from the A-Move cheese race though I suppose...

Didnt fantasy have a 90% winrate against p.....oh...ya....so how is protoss the a move cheese race?
Limited Edition, lets do some simple addition, $50 for a T-Shirt is just some ignorant bitch shit.
Jedclark
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom903 Posts
August 04 2012 16:47 GMT
#15
Awesome interview for an awesome player. Jangbang fighting! :D
"They make it so scrubnubs can PM me. They make it so I can't ignore scrubnubs!" - "I'm gonna show you how great I am." MKP fan since GSL Open Season 2 #hipsternerd
pinball777
Profile Joined January 2011
United States134 Posts
August 04 2012 16:53 GMT
#16
Thanks for the quick translation of this!
silent_owl
Profile Joined March 2011
Philippines3098 Posts
August 04 2012 16:57 GMT
#17
YEAH JANGBI!
"If you know your enemy and yourself, you need not fear the results of a hundred battles." - Sun Tzu
MeteorRise
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada611 Posts
August 04 2012 17:08 GMT
#18
I hate you Jangbi.

But his builds in set 1 and 3 were so strong, I don't even know what Fantasy could have done. WP Jangbi.
Elegance, in all things.
soujiro_
Profile Joined June 2010
Uruguay5195 Posts
August 04 2012 17:12 GMT
#19
thanks for the translation
ace hwaiting!!
Art.FeeL
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
1163 Posts
August 04 2012 17:16 GMT
#20
So after 14 years of Brood Wars the protoss have managed to deafeat both the Zergs and the Terrans. Such a glorious victory for the brethren of Aiur
I am a great believer in luck. The harder I work the luckier I am.
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 646
IntoTheiNu 625
SteadfastSC477
Rex98
CosmosSc2 57
EnkiAlexander 52
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 471
Rex 94
UpATreeSC 92
CosmosSc2 57
BRAT_OK 38
MindelVK 13
Codebar 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 42865
Jaedong 1387
Hyuk 813
Soma 696
BeSt 453
Mini 446
Larva 347
Rush 291
Soulkey 253
ZerO 234
[ Show more ]
Snow 169
hero 91
Dewaltoss 73
Liquid`Ret 57
Mind 49
sorry 31
yabsab 29
Killer 26
ToSsGirL 23
Shine 23
Rock 21
Terrorterran 19
Trap 19
Dota 2
qojqva1407
Dendi782
Counter-Strike
Fnx 754
x6flipin540
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King73
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3053
crisheroes2358
Khaldor1798
Liquid`Hasu439
Other Games
singsing1805
ArmadaUGS1493
hiko770
byalli470
B2W.Neo376
ceh9367
KnowMe126
QueenE106
Trikslyr38
Railgan21
Chillindude20
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream89
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 37
• Adnapsc2 9
• Kozan
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki16
• FirePhoenix10
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3335
League of Legends
• Nemesis2437
• TFBlade1009
Other Games
• imaqtpie590
• Shiphtur286
• WagamamaTV248
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
16h 40m
OSC
19h 40m
Stellar Fest
19h 40m
OSC
1d 6h
Stellar Fest
1d 19h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.