• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:39
CEST 21:39
KST 04:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8858 users

Everybody should play a little SC2 - Page 18

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 Next All
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
January 30 2012 05:03 GMT
#341
So now we are debating which game has the biggest crowds and fan's huh ?
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
Blasterion
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
China10272 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-30 05:06:45
January 30 2012 05:06 GMT
#342
On January 30 2012 14:03 Sawamura wrote:
So now we are debating which game has the biggest crowds and fan's huh ?

I don't know what purpose, and what good a debate about that will do... all has gone up to hell
[TLNY]Mahjong Club Thread
Gao Xi
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Hong Kong5178 Posts
January 30 2012 05:14 GMT
#343
On January 30 2012 14:03 Sawamura wrote:
So now we are debating which game has the biggest crowds and fan's huh ?

Well there is nothing more to say. Hinanawi has pretty much said everything.
龔智禮 _________________________________________________________________________________________________ CJ NATION
Ribbon
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5278 Posts
January 30 2012 05:25 GMT
#344
On January 30 2012 11:26 jidolboy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2012 10:43 Dranak wrote:
On January 30 2012 06:17 jidolboy wrote:
On January 30 2012 06:06 ClutchSC wrote:
On January 30 2012 05:28 Hinanawi wrote:
On January 30 2012 04:53 ClutchSC wrote:
Second of all, I have to address a large majority of the BW community at large. What the fuck is your problem? Yes, BW has a higher skill cap as a game so far. Yes, the rivalries and games are more defined and can be extremely epic. And yes, the user interface of SC2 is very forgiving. But why, oh why do you have to shit all over SC2 constantly. We're all working towards developing eSports, but whenever I peruse through the BW section, all I see is hating on the SC2 scene; this just shouldn't happen. All that this achieves is the total alienation of a massive fanbase that BW players should be trying to appeal to. This is my request to a vast majority of the BW community; GROW THE FUCK UP. Grow up, so we can make eSports even bigger; SC2 has become the flagship of eSports and as much as you don't want to accept that, you have to. Once the BW community does accept that, we can all move forwards. Who knows, if the SC2 community gets into BW enough, there could even be MLG events that include it but this can only take once the BW community learns to drop the elitist attitude.


I can only speak for myself, but I suspect many BW fans feel the same way: We don't give a shit about 'eSports'. We give a shit about competitive Brood War. 'X is hurting ESPORTS' started off as a joke, but I think some of you actually believe this. You actually believe that I'm supposed to support competitive SC2, LoL, Halo, and CoD just because they're video games and therefore 'esports'. You might say "but a lot of people don't take competitive video games seriously, so that's why we all need to band together!", and that would make sense...IF SC2 WAS A GOOD GAME, which it isn't. Games like that only serve to lower the opinion of competitive video games as a whole.

So there's the whole cult saying if you say that a game is terrible it's 'hurting eSports' and is taboo. I'm sorry, but I didn't purchase a ticket on this cruise, and if SC2 is really the 'flagship' at the moment then I'd watch out for icebergs and make sure you have enough lifeboats ready on the S.S.ESPORTS.


The point you make is a somewhat fair one; however I have to disagree with the point you make about competitive video games. First of all, if you give a shit about competitive BW, you should support competitive eSports. The only way your beloved BW will grow is by tapping into the massive fanbase which has sprung up around SC2. I would disagree with your statement that SC2 isn't a good game, but that is subjective. However, you follow up your subjective statement, with a ridiculous one; saying that games that aren't BW lower the opinion of competitive video games is totally unfounded and ridiculous. All this opinion does is create a vision of elitist BW players which will prevent SC2 fans from taking part in the BW community and watching replays. And if you are looking at this objectively, the BW community has much more growth to experience from working alongside the SC2 community than vice-versa.

So all I ask, is that BW players follow the OP's example, and drop the fucking elitist attitude, because yes, I'm going to drop the cliche. BW Elitists are killing eSports.


SC2 and Massive Fanbase?
I am confused


Outside of Korea it seems to pretty much be the biggest esport out there.


how about LoL? ( no pun intended :D )
And scene outside of Korea is still smaller than compared to Korea so I wouldn't call SC2 a massive fanbase


SC2 has a tiny fanbase in Korea that is slowly growing
BW has a MASSIVE fanbase inside Korea that is slowly shrinking.

Both scenes are actually struggling quite a bit in Korea, albeit for different reasons.

A lot of people like to extrapolate this to say OMG BW IS DOOMED AND NOW SC2 WILL TAKE OVER , and that's not necessarily true. I think BW will live or die based entirely on BW. SC2 will never and can never kill it. If the BW scene were to die anyway, it would probably move into SC2 just because it's an easier transition than moving into LoL, but there's no reason to SC2 is hurting BW unless you think LoL is hurting BW more (it has a medium and rapidly growing fanbase in Korea).

On January 30 2012 11:41 1Eris1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2012 11:31 Megaliskuu wrote:
On January 30 2012 11:26 jidolboy wrote:
On January 30 2012 10:43 Dranak wrote:
On January 30 2012 06:17 jidolboy wrote:
On January 30 2012 06:06 ClutchSC wrote:
On January 30 2012 05:28 Hinanawi wrote:
On January 30 2012 04:53 ClutchSC wrote:
Second of all, I have to address a large majority of the BW community at large. What the fuck is your problem? Yes, BW has a higher skill cap as a game so far. Yes, the rivalries and games are more defined and can be extremely epic. And yes, the user interface of SC2 is very forgiving. But why, oh why do you have to shit all over SC2 constantly. We're all working towards developing eSports, but whenever I peruse through the BW section, all I see is hating on the SC2 scene; this just shouldn't happen. All that this achieves is the total alienation of a massive fanbase that BW players should be trying to appeal to. This is my request to a vast majority of the BW community; GROW THE FUCK UP. Grow up, so we can make eSports even bigger; SC2 has become the flagship of eSports and as much as you don't want to accept that, you have to. Once the BW community does accept that, we can all move forwards. Who knows, if the SC2 community gets into BW enough, there could even be MLG events that include it but this can only take once the BW community learns to drop the elitist attitude.


I can only speak for myself, but I suspect many BW fans feel the same way: We don't give a shit about 'eSports'. We give a shit about competitive Brood War. 'X is hurting ESPORTS' started off as a joke, but I think some of you actually believe this. You actually believe that I'm supposed to support competitive SC2, LoL, Halo, and CoD just because they're video games and therefore 'esports'. You might say "but a lot of people don't take competitive video games seriously, so that's why we all need to band together!", and that would make sense...IF SC2 WAS A GOOD GAME, which it isn't. Games like that only serve to lower the opinion of competitive video games as a whole.

So there's the whole cult saying if you say that a game is terrible it's 'hurting eSports' and is taboo. I'm sorry, but I didn't purchase a ticket on this cruise, and if SC2 is really the 'flagship' at the moment then I'd watch out for icebergs and make sure you have enough lifeboats ready on the S.S.ESPORTS.


The point you make is a somewhat fair one; however I have to disagree with the point you make about competitive video games. First of all, if you give a shit about competitive BW, you should support competitive eSports. The only way your beloved BW will grow is by tapping into the massive fanbase which has sprung up around SC2. I would disagree with your statement that SC2 isn't a good game, but that is subjective. However, you follow up your subjective statement, with a ridiculous one; saying that games that aren't BW lower the opinion of competitive video games is totally unfounded and ridiculous. All this opinion does is create a vision of elitist BW players which will prevent SC2 fans from taking part in the BW community and watching replays. And if you are looking at this objectively, the BW community has much more growth to experience from working alongside the SC2 community than vice-versa.

So all I ask, is that BW players follow the OP's example, and drop the fucking elitist attitude, because yes, I'm going to drop the cliche. BW Elitists are killing eSports.


SC2 and Massive Fanbase?
I am confused


Outside of Korea it seems to pretty much be the biggest esport out there.


how about LoL? ( no pun intended :D )
And scene outside of Korea is still smaller than compared to Korea so I wouldn't call SC2 a massive fanbase


Um...sc2 is HUGE outside of korea what are you talking about lol...



Depends on your definition of huge. Games like CoD have 100x as many people playing, although not necessarily watching.

I believe LoL is actually the biggest in terms of viewer numbers though, they have had something like 200k at tournaments where SC2 only has around 60-70k


It comes down to how LoL can hold up without Riot. I was at an interview with the owner of MLG at MLG Providence, and he actually said that the reason MLG features LoL and not DOTA 2 is because Riot gives them money. BW fans like to say SC2 was artificially made by Blizzard, but that's a way bigger factor for LoL/Riot.

LoL only very recently came out in Korea, so it's hard to make any judgements, and I don't really know all that much about it anyway. I expect it to be around a while, though.

On January 30 2012 12:26 sluggaslamoo wrote:Flash's arrival definitely put a dint in my grand finals watching, we stopped organising meets simply because we no longer thought "who is gonna win", just "how long till Flash pushes out", and everyone would just sigh when Jaedong couldn't defend the first push... 5 times in a row, till Jaedong resorted to just 4 pooling every game and still losing.


Same. I really do think Flash is the single biggest reason BW is in such trouble. Yeah, it's great to have a bonjwa, but he's been on top for so long. When I was really into BW, it was "is Jaedong or Flash the best in the world", and the more obvious it was that it was Flash, the less I found myself caring.

On January 30 2012 14:06 Blasterion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2012 14:03 Sawamura wrote:
So now we are debating which game has the biggest crowds and fan's huh ?

I don't know what purpose, and what good a debate about that will do... all has gone up to hell


Honestly, I find it a much more interesting debate than "my game is better than your game and I have poorly thought out arguments to prove it!". No one ever read an SC2/BW thread and thought "Oh wow, maybe I'm wrong". This conversation is actually kind of interesting (even if it maybe belongs in general)
puppykiller
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States3137 Posts
January 30 2012 05:32 GMT
#345
why dont we just keep the sc2 away from BW so that we dont have to talk about sc2.
Why would I play sctoo when I can play BW?
Crisium
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1618 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-30 05:48:39
January 30 2012 05:41 GMT
#346
On January 30 2012 12:26 sluggaslamoo wrote:Flash's arrival definitely put a dint in my grand finals watching, we stopped organising meets simply because we no longer thought "who is gonna win", just "how long till Flash pushes out", and everyone would just sigh when Jaedong couldn't defend the first push... 5 times in a row, till Jaedong resorted to just 4 pooling every game and still losing.


On January 30 2012 14:25 Ribbon wrote:
Same. I really do think Flash is the single biggest reason BW is in such trouble. Yeah, it's great to have a bonjwa, but he's been on top for so long. When I was really into BW, it was "is Jaedong or Flash the best in the world", and the more obvious it was that it was Flash, the less I found myself caring.


You do realize Flash lost to JangBi in the most recent OSL, right? Slaying god in the Ro8, and then going on to win it all against the defending champ in the finals, it was too good. If you read the Yellow "Kong ling is dead' comic, it really made this the greatest OSL ever as he seemingly fulfilled two separate prophecies (also the Legend of the Fall).

And then the OSL disappeared and OGN, a supposed professional organization, merely says "early 2012" and effectively says "shut up and watch League of Legends instead".

I root against Flash every single game now, but you can't blame him for your own lack of interest in pro BW. If JangBi's OSL didn't move you, I don't know what can. And since then Flash has only played in 9 of nearly 200 BW games. He is undefeated, but higher streaks have come and gone. Really, him always winning stops you from finding that Bogus vs Neo.g_Soulkey game interesting? Seriously?

You are welcome to find less interest in BW as time goes on, but it's not Flash's fault. Flash has actually only won 1 of the most recent 4 SLs. It's simply the lack of individual leagues that's the problem, with the death of the MSL and OGN being outright unprofessional, there is no hope on the horizon for the return of the old days.
Broodwar and Stork forever! List of BW players with most Ro16, Ro8: http://tinyurl.com/BWRo16-Ro8
crown77
Profile Joined February 2011
United States157 Posts
January 30 2012 06:32 GMT
#347
I noticed that when I went back to broodwar I thought more conceptually.. noticed the big picture.. and focused less on the micro details.. broodwar battles feel a lot slower now compared to star two.
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
January 30 2012 06:34 GMT
#348
So OP we are still waiting for the "Reason" to play sc2 a little . So far your thread does not give us any introduction to the game of sc2, You do not highlight to us recommended games to watch, compared the thread at the sc2 section the op has put more time into it than the work you have done here .
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
pyrogenetix
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
China5098 Posts
January 30 2012 06:46 GMT
#349
Still don't know what OP is trying to say.
Yea that looks just like Kang Min... amazing game sense... and uses mind games well, but has the micro of a washed up progamer.
sluggaslamoo
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Australia4494 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-30 07:22:56
January 30 2012 07:13 GMT
#350
On January 30 2012 14:41 Crisium wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2012 12:26 sluggaslamoo wrote:Flash's arrival definitely put a dint in my grand finals watching, we stopped organising meets simply because we no longer thought "who is gonna win", just "how long till Flash pushes out", and everyone would just sigh when Jaedong couldn't defend the first push... 5 times in a row, till Jaedong resorted to just 4 pooling every game and still losing.


Show nested quote +
On January 30 2012 14:25 Ribbon wrote:
Same. I really do think Flash is the single biggest reason BW is in such trouble. Yeah, it's great to have a bonjwa, but he's been on top for so long. When I was really into BW, it was "is Jaedong or Flash the best in the world", and the more obvious it was that it was Flash, the less I found myself caring.


You do realize Flash lost to JangBi in the most recent OSL, right? Slaying god in the Ro8, and then going on to win it all against the defending champ in the finals, it was too good. If you read the Yellow "Kong ling is dead' comic, it really made this the greatest OSL ever as he seemingly fulfilled two separate prophecies (also the Legend of the Fall).

And then the OSL disappeared and OGN, a supposed professional organization, merely says "early 2012" and effectively says "shut up and watch League of Legends instead".

I root against Flash every single game now, but you can't blame him for your own lack of interest in pro BW. If JangBi's OSL didn't move you, I don't know what can. And since then Flash has only played in 9 of nearly 200 BW games. He is undefeated, but higher streaks have come and gone. Really, him always winning stops you from finding that Bogus vs Neo.g_Soulkey game interesting? Seriously?

You are welcome to find less interest in BW as time goes on, but it's not Flash's fault. Flash has actually only won 1 of the most recent 4 SLs. It's simply the lack of individual leagues that's the problem, with the death of the MSL and OGN being outright unprofessional, there is no hope on the horizon for the return of the old days.


The recent SL's being when he was doped up on painkillers, practicing only a couple of hours per day, and ready to go to surgery? Jangbi definitely mindgamed Flash for one of the games, but the other ones Flash just played really sloppy. Janbgi finals was amazing, actually all the non-Flash finals were fucking amazing, even the ZvZ finals with Great was amazing compared to the never-ending han bang your dead 3:0 series.

Post surgery he hasn't lost a single game, get ready for another round of Flash stomping. Tbh I feel sorry for the guy, I've never seen someone so passionate, and so creative, but his timings are so powerful the games don't end up getting to the point of being exciting. I think its because of how creative and meta Flash is, and how terribly the opponent defends it, you are expecting so much, and then its like "shit, I could have defended better than that".

"Oh shit Flash huuuuge WTF army of Valkyries and M&M, Can Jaedong stop this?!... pans back to Jaedongs defense and there's only 6 hydras and no sunkens... are you effing kidding me -____- ...". Honestly who's gonna be excited when there's a really good chance all the games end in 8 minutes because the opponent has been tilted to no end. Its the same when Oov came around, only this time its 100x worse.

I really admire Flash as a player, I just don't enjoy watching his games, he dominates in a way that is not that interesting. When Savior or Bisu dominated I'm sure it would have been much more fun to watch because most the games didn't end with a simple snap of the fingers.

BW games are still great to watch, and I watch a lot of proleague, I just dodge all the Flash ones unless it has Bisu/Effort/JD in it. Like I said its the grand final watching's only, and obviously if Flash is in it, I have to watch him play.

SC2 can't wait for players like Flash to come over, I say be careful what you wish for. If only a majority of people hate 1a deathballs, it would be immediately unanimous if Flash moved over right now.
Come play Android Netrunner - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=409008
Supamang
Profile Joined June 2010
United States2298 Posts
January 30 2012 07:15 GMT
#351
On January 30 2012 13:51 jidolboy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2012 13:30 Supamang wrote:
On January 30 2012 06:17 jidolboy wrote:
On January 30 2012 06:06 ClutchSC wrote:
On January 30 2012 05:28 Hinanawi wrote:
On January 30 2012 04:53 ClutchSC wrote:
Second of all, I have to address a large majority of the BW community at large. What the fuck is your problem? Yes, BW has a higher skill cap as a game so far. Yes, the rivalries and games are more defined and can be extremely epic. And yes, the user interface of SC2 is very forgiving. But why, oh why do you have to shit all over SC2 constantly. We're all working towards developing eSports, but whenever I peruse through the BW section, all I see is hating on the SC2 scene; this just shouldn't happen. All that this achieves is the total alienation of a massive fanbase that BW players should be trying to appeal to. This is my request to a vast majority of the BW community; GROW THE FUCK UP. Grow up, so we can make eSports even bigger; SC2 has become the flagship of eSports and as much as you don't want to accept that, you have to. Once the BW community does accept that, we can all move forwards. Who knows, if the SC2 community gets into BW enough, there could even be MLG events that include it but this can only take once the BW community learns to drop the elitist attitude.


I can only speak for myself, but I suspect many BW fans feel the same way: We don't give a shit about 'eSports'. We give a shit about competitive Brood War. 'X is hurting ESPORTS' started off as a joke, but I think some of you actually believe this. You actually believe that I'm supposed to support competitive SC2, LoL, Halo, and CoD just because they're video games and therefore 'esports'. You might say "but a lot of people don't take competitive video games seriously, so that's why we all need to band together!", and that would make sense...IF SC2 WAS A GOOD GAME, which it isn't. Games like that only serve to lower the opinion of competitive video games as a whole.

So there's the whole cult saying if you say that a game is terrible it's 'hurting eSports' and is taboo. I'm sorry, but I didn't purchase a ticket on this cruise, and if SC2 is really the 'flagship' at the moment then I'd watch out for icebergs and make sure you have enough lifeboats ready on the S.S.ESPORTS.


The point you make is a somewhat fair one; however I have to disagree with the point you make about competitive video games. First of all, if you give a shit about competitive BW, you should support competitive eSports. The only way your beloved BW will grow is by tapping into the massive fanbase which has sprung up around SC2. I would disagree with your statement that SC2 isn't a good game, but that is subjective. However, you follow up your subjective statement, with a ridiculous one; saying that games that aren't BW lower the opinion of competitive video games is totally unfounded and ridiculous. All this opinion does is create a vision of elitist BW players which will prevent SC2 fans from taking part in the BW community and watching replays. And if you are looking at this objectively, the BW community has much more growth to experience from working alongside the SC2 community than vice-versa.

So all I ask, is that BW players follow the OP's example, and drop the fucking elitist attitude, because yes, I'm going to drop the cliche. BW Elitists are killing eSports.


SC2 and Massive Fanbase?
I am confused

Ahh, willful ignorance.. gotta love it. The world doesn't revolve around Korea man. Doesn't matter what you think about in terms of SC2 vs BW, you can't deny that SC2 has a huge global fan base. I don't know which is more popular in Korea right now (I'm inclined to believe BW is), but I'm also inclined to believe that SC2 as more popular on a global scale.

Ahh, willful ignorance.. gotta love it. Starcraft scene revolves mainly around Korea. Without Korean scene foreign scenes could not have existed. Also you do know that Korean scene itself is bigger than foreign scene combined. So calling foreign massive as if foreigners could run without korea is fucking idiotic. I have to admit though, SC2 foreign scene is bigger than BW's. But its what Korean scene actually counts, and BW is way more popular

Yeah yeah, and without Greece democracy wouldn't have existed either. That sure as fuck doesn't mean they're the greatest democracy in the world right now. Without China gunpowder wouldn't have existed but they sure as fuck aren't the greatest military superpower in the world either. Whatever, you think popularity in Korea is more important and I think global popularity is more important. There's no denying that without Korea Starcraft (both BW and SC2) would not be as influential as it is today, but I'm talking about whats happening now.


Anyways, I just thought your denial of SC2s popularity was self-delusional. It has nothing to do with the OP and I don't care about a popularity contest between the two games.

User was temp banned for this post.
shaftofpleasure
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Korea (North)1375 Posts
January 30 2012 07:18 GMT
#352
Flamewars after flamewars. The flamewars here are really spread across the thread. Like how it is in BW. Someone needs to GG soon or else Refs must intervene and end this.
It's either the holes of my nose are getting smaller or my fingers are getting bigger. /// Always Rooting for the Underdog. Hyuk/Sin/Jaehoon/Juni/Hyvva/Hoejja/Canata //// Hiding in thread somewhere where BW is still in it's pure form here on TL.
Blasterion
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
China10272 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-30 07:25:22
January 30 2012 07:23 GMT
#353
Since a good number of your probably only have BW tabs open you may not know this

Ok so once upon a time long long ago (not so long ago maybe 2-3 days) someone made a thread in the SC2 thread that people should try out BW to understand what the culture and everything is about. And how things came about, With the assistance of some troll posters, that thread has been all but a shadow of it's former glory (the OP) so what ended up is that the impression
"BW missionary invading on to SC2 hallowed ground shitting on SC2" (which may be true, or may not be true, but somehow it turned out to be that way) Since the elephant in the room editorial didn't raise enough of a shit storm already.

Then a poster came along and thought, it would be a good opportunity to make the same mirror thread on the BW forum and "invade" them. (Which may or may not be the genuine intention of the OP) but it's a response post, to that mirror thread. He raised some points, (that didn't really make all that much sense) but composed a reasonably length OP to stand on BW soil heralding, *we're on your land now how you like it* (*) (This view is completely my own).

I agree there is little value that BW players get from SC2. And there's greater value for SC2 players to play BW sometimes, there for this OP has little value as there really isn't much BW players can get out of SC2. The overall OP lack a good foundation unlike its counterpart in the SC2 forums, there for the only value of this thread stands as. We're SC2 players on your soil preaching SC2 because you broken the Berlin Wall and preached on ours.


the above is purely an interpretation of the OP, my opinion does not represent the official view of SC2, nor TLNY community
[TLNY]Mahjong Club Thread
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
January 30 2012 07:25 GMT
#354
Berlin wall argument again lols, since when starcraft has become a war of ideology .
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
Blasterion
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
China10272 Posts
January 30 2012 07:27 GMT
#355
On January 30 2012 16:25 Sawamura wrote:
Berlin wall argument again lols, since when starcraft has become a war of ideology .

When 2 groups have different ideals conflicts arise. These threads are merely those conflicting ideals presenting themselves
[TLNY]Mahjong Club Thread
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
January 30 2012 07:31 GMT
#356
On January 30 2012 16:27 Blasterion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2012 16:25 Sawamura wrote:
Berlin wall argument again lols, since when starcraft has become a war of ideology .

When 2 groups have different ideals conflicts arise. These threads are merely those conflicting ideals presenting themselves


They are not conflicting ideals, you are just twisting the op intention into your own propaganda. There is no way can I relate a damn computer game to a real life politics . It doesn't make sense.
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
Blasterion
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
China10272 Posts
January 30 2012 07:33 GMT
#357
On January 30 2012 16:31 Sawamura wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2012 16:27 Blasterion wrote:
On January 30 2012 16:25 Sawamura wrote:
Berlin wall argument again lols, since when starcraft has become a war of ideology .

When 2 groups have different ideals conflicts arise. These threads are merely those conflicting ideals presenting themselves


They are not conflicting ideals, you are just twisting the op intention into your own propaganda. There is no way can I relate a damn computer game to a real life politics . It doesn't make sense.

I don't see how they aren't I mean obviously the BW community has expressed passionately about their ideals and their relativity to SC2. I mean simply said, the ideals of BW community and SC2 community clash, that's why we have problems with each other.
[TLNY]Mahjong Club Thread
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
January 30 2012 07:41 GMT
#358
On January 30 2012 16:33 Blasterion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2012 16:31 Sawamura wrote:
On January 30 2012 16:27 Blasterion wrote:
On January 30 2012 16:25 Sawamura wrote:
Berlin wall argument again lols, since when starcraft has become a war of ideology .

When 2 groups have different ideals conflicts arise. These threads are merely those conflicting ideals presenting themselves


They are not conflicting ideals, you are just twisting the op intention into your own propaganda. There is no way can I relate a damn computer game to a real life politics . It doesn't make sense.

I don't see how they aren't I mean obviously the BW community has expressed passionately about their ideals and their relativity to SC2. I mean simply said, the ideals of BW community and SC2 community clash, that's why we have problems with each other.


Well If you ask me I didn't sign in to this Bw community club in preaching or spreading our ideals and also what ideals are you talking about, I just watch broodwar for the joy I have in the game . Just like how I don't mind spending hours on the driving range improving my swing and my game sense .
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
Blasterion
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
China10272 Posts
January 30 2012 07:44 GMT
#359
On January 30 2012 16:41 Sawamura wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2012 16:33 Blasterion wrote:
On January 30 2012 16:31 Sawamura wrote:
On January 30 2012 16:27 Blasterion wrote:
On January 30 2012 16:25 Sawamura wrote:
Berlin wall argument again lols, since when starcraft has become a war of ideology .

When 2 groups have different ideals conflicts arise. These threads are merely those conflicting ideals presenting themselves


They are not conflicting ideals, you are just twisting the op intention into your own propaganda. There is no way can I relate a damn computer game to a real life politics . It doesn't make sense.

I don't see how they aren't I mean obviously the BW community has expressed passionately about their ideals and their relativity to SC2. I mean simply said, the ideals of BW community and SC2 community clash, that's why we have problems with each other.


Well If you ask me I didn't sign in to this Bw community club in preaching or spreading our ideals and also what ideals are you talking about, I just watch broodwar for the joy I have in the game . Just like how I don't mind spending hours on the driving range improving my swing and my game sense .

What expectations you have for a game is a type of ideal, The Brood War community has a different kind of ideal competitive gaming in mind than SC2. That presents itself as a form of ideals. Not sure how is that so hard to understand.
[TLNY]Mahjong Club Thread
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-30 07:56:18
January 30 2012 07:55 GMT
#360
On January 30 2012 16:44 Blasterion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2012 16:41 Sawamura wrote:
On January 30 2012 16:33 Blasterion wrote:
On January 30 2012 16:31 Sawamura wrote:
On January 30 2012 16:27 Blasterion wrote:
On January 30 2012 16:25 Sawamura wrote:
Berlin wall argument again lols, since when starcraft has become a war of ideology .

When 2 groups have different ideals conflicts arise. These threads are merely those conflicting ideals presenting themselves


They are not conflicting ideals, you are just twisting the op intention into your own propaganda. There is no way can I relate a damn computer game to a real life politics . It doesn't make sense.

I don't see how they aren't I mean obviously the BW community has expressed passionately about their ideals and their relativity to SC2. I mean simply said, the ideals of BW community and SC2 community clash, that's why we have problems with each other.


Well If you ask me I didn't sign in to this Bw community club in preaching or spreading our ideals and also what ideals are you talking about, I just watch broodwar for the joy I have in the game . Just like how I don't mind spending hours on the driving range improving my swing and my game sense .

What expectations you have for a game is a type of ideal, The Brood War community has a different kind of ideal competitive gaming in mind than SC2. That presents itself as a form of ideals. Not sure how is that so hard to understand.


To be honest I never expected much of sc2 anyway and so if I don't have any expectation of it being some kind of a broodwar clone . Will I fit into your definition of ideals ? . It's a damn computer game, I can't comprehend how any one would have strong feelings of nationalism or extreme passion over such a thing . You win or lose in a game of broodwar or sc2 the world still will go around because in the end it's just a game .
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason80
BRAT_OK 67
Railgan 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 21101
Mini 369
Dewaltoss 160
Hyuk 145
firebathero 116
ggaemo 97
ZZZero.O 73
Terrorterran 3
Dota 2
Gorgc7988
febbydoto13
League of Legends
Doublelift1382
Counter-Strike
fl0m1195
Fnx 0
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4293
Khaldor1305
crisheroes1088
Liquid`Hasu869
Other Games
summit1g3101
FrodaN2467
Beastyqt800
KnowMe301
mouzStarbuck297
ArmadaUGS123
Mew2King61
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1148
BasetradeTV188
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream49
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 105
• Adnapsc2 20
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 51
• 80smullet 21
• Azhi_Dahaki12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8343
• WagamamaTV444
Other Games
• imaqtpie820
• Shiphtur261
• tFFMrPink 17
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 22m
INu's Battles
16h 22m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
19h 22m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 22m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 22m
Replay Cast
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 20h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.