• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:02
CEST 02:02
KST 09:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10534 users

[Interview] STX vs. SKT Winners

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Kiett
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States7639 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-28 03:55:21
December 28 2011 03:35 GMT
#1
I usually leave these for others to translate, because they do it so much better and faster than I do... but it still wasn't up, and I wanted to get it out for you guys before the KT vs. STX match, since they talk about it a little. Also, I know people wanted an ACE vs. Khan interview, but it seems like DES didn't actually do one. Sorry :c

STX Bogus and Last, "The maps are hard for Terran"

[image loading]

This season, Terrans haven't been doing very well. Despite the fact that Terrans were the most played race last season, there haven't been very many this season, and only a few of the ones played managed to win. The reason for this is that for Terrans, the maps this season have too many hills to climb.

In the midst of this, STX has fielded a very shocking lineup full of Terrans. They faced SK Telecom's strong Protoss line. Despite such a strange lineup, the players became "sin-try" (not really sure what this means ><) through their victory. (T)Bogus, who was on a 3-game losing streak, and (T)Last, who scored a win on his birthday, said, "The maps that Terrans can reasonably play on have become rather limited," with deep sighs.

Q: Bogus, you got your first win of the season today, and Last, you won on your birthday, so you must feel great.
(T)Bogus = It's already been 5 weeks since the season started, and I now have a win. But even if it's like this, I'm still happy to have a win.
(T)Last = It seems I got quite lucky today. First of all, I faced such strong opposition and still won, so I'm very happy (laugh). I didn't think I'd win, so it felt like receiving a birthday present.

Q: Why didn't you think you could win?
(T)Last = I was pretty spaced out before the game. I mean, my opponent was the mighty (T)Fantasy. I was worried whether it'd be possible for me to win.

Q: You were on a 3-game losing streak, so you must have been troubled.
(T)Bogus = Truthfully, my 3 losses made me lose confidence in myself. Furthermore, I felt that I had no luck at all when it came to opponents. But then I just emptied my mind and went into the game thinking, "Whatever happens, happens," and came out victorious.

Q: Between the two of you, who plays better?
(T)Last = Bogus does. A long time ago, I'd be able to beat him, but nowadays he plays better than me. Watching him play last season has really motivated me. And now I have 2 wins under my belt (laugh).

Q: When you were losing, your team was on a losing streak too. It must have been hard.
(T)Bogus = I feel like if only I had won, my team's results would have been decent. But mentally, it wasn't a big shock. To be honest, even if I was called the ace, it didn't feel like it to me, so that burden wasn't there. From now on, I'll win a lot, so the losses won't be a big deal anymore. *

Q: You do seem to be the Team's ace though.
(T)Bogus = (Z)Calm-hyung plays well, so I think it's tough to call me the definite ace. As of now, do I not have a lot of losses? In the future, I'll show better form, so that people can impressively call me the ace.*

Q: Your next match is against KT.
(T)Last = I have confidence against other races too. I especially want to show off my TvP, so I'd like to play once against KT's (P)Stats. I have confidence against Terran too, so I think I could even take on (T)Flash.
(T)Bogus = I think I could handle (T)Flash, as long as it's on a map I'm confident on. Although to be honest, this season, such maps aren't very common (laugh).

Q: It feels like Terrans are having a hard time this season.

(T)Last = The maps aren't good for Terran. On Outlier and Chain Reaction, Terrans pretty much can't move out of their bases. There are very few maps where Terrans can actually mobilize.

Q: If you could get rid of a map for the next round, what would it be?
(T)Last = Outlier? (laugh)
(T)Bogus = Chain Reaction (laugh).

Q: Do you have any goals this season?
(T)Bogus = We've already played 5 games out of the total 21... so I'm hoping to get at least 10 more wins.

Q: Any last words?
(T)Last = It's Christmas and my birthday, and I'm so happy that I won and my team won. I hope all the fans have a wonderful Christmas.
(T)Bogus = Ever since I became a progamer, I haven't been able to care for my family much. This Christmas, I hope my family has a great time.

---

The * questions were the ones I was unsure about, so if someone could check them for me, I'd appreciate it! ^^

Source:
http://esports.dailygame.co.kr/news/read.php?id=54072
Writer:o
soujiro_
Profile Joined June 2010
Uruguay5195 Posts
December 28 2011 03:45 GMT
#2
thanks for this, too bad des didnt cover the ace vs khan interview
ace hwaiting!!
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
December 28 2011 03:45 GMT
#3
Interesting that Terrans think the maps are unfavored to them when the Protoss did that at the start, I need to take a better look at these maps

thx for the interview, recently I am Terran-starved.
WriterXiao8~~
shaftofpleasure
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Korea (North)1375 Posts
December 28 2011 03:49 GMT
#4
Triathlon .. please bring that map back .. please please please ..

And Fighting Spirit
It's either the holes of my nose are getting smaller or my fingers are getting bigger. /// Always Rooting for the Underdog. Hyuk/Sin/Jaehoon/Juni/Hyvva/Hoejja/Canata //// Hiding in thread somewhere where BW is still in it's pure form here on TL.
telamascope
Profile Joined April 2010
United States310 Posts
December 28 2011 04:00 GMT
#5
Thanks for the translations Kiett!
shenryu
Profile Joined December 2011
Malaysia8 Posts
December 28 2011 04:07 GMT
#6
truly to say ..this what make flash look so diff with other A class or low tier terran ..he just nvr blame the map imbalance or what ... he just keep training and find the resolution by making the map in favor of him ...
Jaedong ~ I love You!
Shiger
Profile Joined March 2008
Sweden118 Posts
December 28 2011 04:15 GMT
#7
On December 28 2011 13:07 shenryu wrote:
truly to say ..this what make flash look so diff with other A class or low tier terran ..he just nvr blame the map imbalance or what ... he just keep training and find the resolution by making the map in favor of him ...

Still he hasn't been sent out on Outlier or Chain Reaction yet.
Quidios || Jaedong Symbol Kangho Hero Byun SOS Dear
catleaves
Profile Joined December 2010
United States506 Posts
December 28 2011 04:37 GMT
#8
thank you for the translation! :D
^^
The Final Boss
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1839 Posts
December 28 2011 05:38 GMT
#9
Bogus really has a major impact on this team: if Bogus had beaten (Z)Neo.G_Soulkey STX would be in such a better spot right now. He came so close but SK's control at the end of the game was ridiculously good. Oh well, things will be looking good for these guys if they can beat KT right now! STX fighting! ^^

Thanks for the translation.
Hyde
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Australia14568 Posts
December 28 2011 05:53 GMT
#10
STX riding the high off their win, they're pretty confident, I hope they can carry that into the next match. If Bogus/Last topples Flash, my god, that would be huge.

Real shame there's no ACE interview, especially after knocking down Khan 3-0. Very disappointing.

Thanks for the translations, Kiett
Because when you left, Brood War was all spotlights and titans. Now, with the death of the big leagues, Brood War has moved to the basements and carparks. Now, Brood War is unlicensed brawls, lost teeth, and bloody fights for fistfulls of money - SirJolt
Kiett
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States7639 Posts
December 28 2011 06:52 GMT
#11
On December 28 2011 12:45 Kipsate wrote:
Interesting that Terrans think the maps are unfavored to them when the Protoss did that at the start, I need to take a better look at these maps

thx for the interview, recently I am Terran-starved.


Next week, Zerg map qq?! keke

I'd have thought you'd have had your fill of Terrans these last few matches... So many TvTs ;-;
Writer:o
zeehar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Korea (South)3804 Posts
December 28 2011 07:26 GMT
#12
thanks for the translation kiett.

bogus being very humble i like him.
I AM THE UNIVERSAL CONSTANT
trexbqs
Profile Joined January 2011
Malaysia1731 Posts
December 28 2011 16:04 GMT
#13
thanks for translating. I'm really appreciate it
Learn,live and love it.
Torenhire
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States11681 Posts
December 28 2011 16:45 GMT
#14
On December 28 2011 15:52 Kiett wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 28 2011 12:45 Kipsate wrote:
Interesting that Terrans think the maps are unfavored to them when the Protoss did that at the start, I need to take a better look at these maps

thx for the interview, recently I am Terran-starved.


Next week, Zerg map qq?! keke

I'd have thought you'd have had your fill of Terrans these last few matches... So many TvTs ;-;


Yeah except the recent TvT's have been epic. Not your boring "k u at 200/200 yet lol?" TvTs, ones where everything is moving around constantly and tank shells always raining from the heavens.

Thanks for the translation!
SirJolt: Well maybe if you weren't so big and stupid, it wouldn't have hit you.
Amanebak
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Czech Republic528 Posts
December 28 2011 19:21 GMT
#15
What an interesting interview. I hope Bogus will do fine. Thank you, Kiett.
BW
Archers_bane
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1338 Posts
December 28 2011 19:53 GMT
#16
No one can hate these two people, they are class acts! Hope they and STX manages to have a good record, but not against Team 8! haha
Starcraft's BW glory days have passed, RIP Jaedong's dominance - 2013...EDIT 2017: WE BACK BOYS
George_the_man
Profile Joined May 2011
796 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-28 20:49:07
December 28 2011 20:35 GMT
#17
nvm im blind lol
since ive already made that post , thanks for translation
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
December 28 2011 22:04 GMT
#18
Bogus should get contact lenses or eye surgery, he looks better that way. And change that name by the way......I want him to be the handsome nerd leading STX to victory. Last should change his hair back! As for the rest of STX, stop being so calm!
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 58m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft460
Nina 142
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13650
Hyuk 51
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm226
febbydoto114
League of Legends
Doublelift4303
Other Games
summit1g8803
FrodaN2990
JimRising 527
KnowMe207
ViBE121
ArmadaUGS116
Mew2King83
Trikslyr23
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1301
BasetradeTV213
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream108
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 91
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 58m
INu's Battles
11h 58m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
14h 58m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 58m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 58m
Replay Cast
22h 58m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 10h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 15h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.