• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:11
CEST 17:11
KST 00:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8675 users

[Interview] OSL RO 16 Day 5 Winners

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Milkis
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
5003 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-22 07:54:50
December 22 2010 06:02 GMT
#1
(Z)Shine: "I'm more experienced than the others when it comes to regames"
[image loading]




Q: You completed the RO16 with 2 wins and 1 loss
A: Thankfully I was able to obtain the two wins I needed to safely advance to the round of 8, so I'm feeling quite good.

Q: You lost to Mind in the last Starleague match and was unable to set a winning streak record.
A: If I say I wasn't a bit disappointed then I'm lying. However I wasn't thinking about my winning streak at all but because the people around me were really disappointed, I was a bit hurt. However I'm definitely disappointed that I wasn't able to show a good match.

Q: Did you practice a lot?
A: I only had yesterday to practice, and it was a day where my team had the day off, but my team mates really helped me practice. Joo Song Wook, Lucifer, and Pure helped me practice as if it were their matches, so it was a situation where I was only able to win.

Q: Stork built 2 cannons after seeing 4 zerglings. Your tendency to be offensive is helping you shine [T/N: no pun intended]
A: I think my offensive tendencies threaten my opponent. If I use that aspect well, I am able to deceive my opponents easily. I think the fact that I play offensively gives me a lot of advantages.

Q: The eSports Awards Ceremony will be held today
A: I'm planning on resting instead of attending the ceremony (laugh). I wasn't able to rest yesterday because I was preparing for the games today, so I think it's a good idea to rest today just to control my condition.

Q: If Mind beats Sea, then there will be a regame match between the three players with a 2-1 record
A: Because Mind beat me and won, shouldn't there definitely be regames? But if there's regames, I will be at an advantage (laugh). Don't I have the most experience with regames (laugh).

Q: You seem to be confident in the regames
A: If it gets to regames this time, i will be able to do well. If I think about it now, I was able to learn and experience a lot through those rerereregames. If I'm able to regame with that experience as my foundation, then I will be able to make it to the round of 8.

Q: Is there anything else you want to say?
A: There has been a lot of people who thought my momentum has been beaten after losing with the winning streak record in front of me. But the winning streak was not my goal -- the title is my goal. I'm still currently running towards the goal so I'm not planning on just stumbling here.

source: http://esports.dailygame.co.kr/news/view.daily?idx=37489




On December 22 2010 15:26 infinitestory wrote:
HYUKKKKKKKKK

[image loading]

Thoughts on entering the OSL Ro8 with a 3-0 in the Ro16?
▲I'm really glad I could advance with a win over Flash, and I gave Paralyze a chance too.

You're a mile behind Flash in your head-to-head record.
▲Coming to this game, I had absolutely no expectations of myself. (haha) If you asked 10 people how I would do, all 10 would have said I'd lose. But I bore an it-doesn't-matter mentality, and that may have been my lone advantage.

You used management to topple Flash.
▲I think a lot of players consider me as an all-in player. [T/N unsure] Actually, I've got some game sense as well, and I just can't display it well in official matches. In this game, I never once thought about all-inning. I wanted to watch my opponent's build and counter accordingly, and I countered pretty well.

It seemed like the opponent made too many missile turrets.
▲My advantage was large. Whether it was going to lategame or playing offensively, I had a large advantage.

Disregarding the individual leagues, the team's recent performance in SPL has been disastrous.
▲I think I'm bearing too much of a burden. The team being in a losing streak puts extra pressure on me, yesterday's game included. For today's game, though, I bore an upbeat mindset, so I didn't feel any pressure in my mind or in my control. So I performed well.

Who do you hope to face in the Ro8?
▲I want to play ZvP, but there are very few protoss, and I don't know who my opponent will be anyway. Aside from terrans, I'm fine with any opponent.

Anything else?
▲Even though we're still ranked 1st in SPL, the mood amongst our team is poor. I want to be the force that restores our team's atmosphere.

source: http://sc.plu.cn/note/2010-12-22/23424.html


On December 22 2010 16:18 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
Calm

[image loading]


Thoughts on winning twice?
-The final results aren’t set now, so I can’t celebrate too early. If we have to, I’ll happily play tiebreakers.

Your momentum’s coming back.
-I’m glad I’ve got a bit of it back recently. I hope the momentum in the individual leagues can carry over to SPL.

Are you burdened by the possibility for potential tiebreakers?
-Tiebreakers are a way to regain the feel for live games, so it’s a good thing. So it’s OK if we play, but it’s fine if we don’t play too.

Thoughts on today’s game?
-In today’s game, the opponent started harassing from the very beginning. His Marines went all the way to the middle of the map, so I slipped lings into his main, so I got an advantage. It seems like the opponent didn’t know what to do after the lings got in.

Are you ambitious for the eSports prizes?
-If there’s a possibility, I’ll happily participate, but there’s no chance for me, so I think I’ll just stay and practice today. I need to put in everything for tomorrow’s game.

http://www.playsc.com/forum/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=219345&extra=page=1


On December 22 2010 16:48 infinitestory wrote:
Fantasy

[image loading]

Thoughts on entering the Ro8 with a 2-1 record?
▲I had a strong hunger for advancing, but I've been losing a lot lately, so I didn't have much confidence. Today's win could be the crux of my rise. I actually practiced for a very short time for today's game, but coach oov helped me a lot.

You've been losing regrettably lately.
▲In the game against Xellos, it was due to my own slip-ups and the fact that Xellos is just too good. Before I lost that game, I had no confidence whatsoever, but before my game with Turn I thought I had regained that confidence. Sadly, my disadvantage in the early game was too great, and I was powerless.

What's been going wrong?
▲Until last week, I thought it was weird too. During the game, it always felt like it wasn't me playing, and it made me unusually anxious. Only after my game with Xellos did I raise my concentration and regain my feel. Even though I lost to Turn due to the early game, I still felt confident today.

Your losing streak has led to SKT going on a losing streak also.
▲I feel like I've repaired my form, and so has the team.

You'll be advancing to the Ro8 with Hyuk, so there might be a team-kill.
▲I think I play team-kill games a lot. Whenever oov goes to the bracket drawing, it seems like it's always a team-kill. So this time, as long as oov doesn't draw brackets, it won't be a team-kill.

Terran seems to be having tough times in the OSL.
▲The map makers need to reflect upon this; the maps are just so disadvantageous for Terran. Flash has been loudly leading us common terrans in suffering. Oov usually doesn't complain about the maps, but as soon as he saw Gladiator he said terran had no chance on it. Now that I've advanced anyway, I must give it my all.

Anything else?
▲I've been losing a lot, and it's making people worried. There's no problem with my condition, so don't fret. After I won, I even saw spectators crying [T/N tears of joy, I presume], so for them I will continue to work very hard.

source: http://sc.plu.cn/note/2010-12-22/23426.html

mustaju
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Estonia4505 Posts
December 22 2010 06:04 GMT
#2
Aww. Extra early shine interview to spite all the haters?
WriterBrows somewhat high. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndFysO2JunE
Milkis
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
5003 Posts
December 22 2010 06:06 GMT
#3
On December 22 2010 15:04 mustaju wrote:
Aww. Extra early shine interview to spite all the haters?


well i rather let cheep take care of stx interviews haha
Lonyo
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United Kingdom3884 Posts
December 22 2010 06:08 GMT
#4
Woooo Shine.
An hero to us all.
HOLY CHECK!
boesthius
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States11637 Posts
December 22 2010 06:09 GMT
#5
--- Nuked ---
astalkulo
Profile Joined October 2007
United States444 Posts
December 22 2010 06:10 GMT
#6
this is osl is scary, favorites players are 1 game to be out of this osl.
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
December 22 2010 06:12 GMT
#7
I got the hyuk interview
Translator:3
bITt.mAN
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Switzerland3700 Posts
December 22 2010 06:12 GMT
#8
OH NO, let's please not have too many rematches, we all remember what happened to the last Zerg who emerged from rematch hell (Group D ? )
BW4LYF . . . . . . PM me, I LOVE PMs. . . . . . Long live "NaDa's Body" . . . . . . Fantasy | Bisu/Best | Jaedong . . . . .
GoodRamen
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States713 Posts
December 22 2010 06:13 GMT
#9
On December 22 2010 15:12 infinitestory wrote:
I got the hyuk interview


how about fantasy's???
#1 Fantasy Fan!!!!
Noxide
Profile Joined July 2009
United States2870 Posts
December 22 2010 06:13 GMT
#10
On December 22 2010 15:12 bITt.mAN wrote:
OH NO, let's please not have too many rematches, we all remember what happened to the last Zerg who emerged from rematch hell (Group D ? )


All 9406406252 hours of it
Flash ひなの戦争の王である || しかし、実際にはヤフーの ファンタジーサッカー、楽しいプレー私の週末を占めている
Zona
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
40426 Posts
December 22 2010 06:13 GMT
#11
On December 22 2010 15:02 Milkis wrote:
[Shine sez...]
A: There has been a lot of people who thought my momentum has been beaten after losing with the winning streak record in front of me. But the winning streak was not my goal -- the title is my goal. I'm still currently running towards the goal so I'm not planning on just stumbling here.

Real talk.

Thanks for translating.
"If you try responding to those absurd posts every day, you become more damaged. So I pay no attention to them at all." Jung Myung Hoon (aka Fantasy), as translated by Kimoleon
Empyrean
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
17082 Posts
December 22 2010 06:13 GMT
#12
Wow that was fast XD

[T/N: no pun intended] lol.
Moderator
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
December 22 2010 06:21 GMT
#13
On December 22 2010 15:13 jaiBing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 22 2010 15:12 infinitestory wrote:
I got the hyuk interview


how about fantasy's???

once it comes up
Translator:3
King[Neikos]
Profile Joined September 2010
Costa Rica506 Posts
December 22 2010 06:26 GMT
#14
thx for this, im so happy shine is doing so well, even if it hurts to see stork losing a game, seeing a Wemade player do this well is awesome, i hope both him and mind can advance to Ro8
Apex
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States7227 Posts
December 22 2010 06:26 GMT
#15
Even Shine recognizing the full threatening capabilities of his infamous aggression.
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-22 06:28:21
December 22 2010 06:26 GMT
#16
+ Show Spoiler [Hyuk interview, in OP] +


HYUKKKKKKKKK

[image loading]

Thoughts on entering the OSL Ro8 with a 3-0 in the Ro16?
▲I'm really glad I could advance with a win over Flash, and I gave Paralyze a chance too.

You're a mile behind Flash in your head-to-head record.
▲Coming to this game, I had absolutely no expectations of myself. (haha) If you asked 10 people how I would do, all 10 would have said I'd lose. But I bore an it-doesn't-matter mentality, and that may have been my lone advantage.

You used management to topple Flash.
▲I think a lot of players consider me as an all-in player. [T/N unsure] Actually, I've got some game sense as well, and I just can't display it well in official matches. In this game, I never once thought about all-inning. I wanted to watch my opponent's build and counter accordingly, and I countered pretty well.

It seemed like the opponent made too many missile turrets.
▲My advantage was large. Whether it was going to lategame or playing offensively, I had a large advantage.

Disregarding the individual leagues, the team's recent performance in SPL has been disastrous.
▲I think I'm bearing too much of a burden. The team being in a losing streak puts extra pressure on me, yesterday's game included. For today's game, though, I bore an upbeat mindset, so I didn't feel any pressure in my mind or in my control. So I performed well.

Who do you hope to face in the Ro8?
▲I want to play ZvP, but there are very few protoss, and I don't know who my opponent will be anyway. Aside from terrans, I'm fine with any opponent.

Anything else?
▲Even though we're still ranked 1st in SPL, the mood amongst our team is poor. I want to be the force that restores our team's atmosphere.

source: http://sc.plu.cn/note/2010-12-22/23424.html
Translator:3
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
December 22 2010 06:35 GMT
#17
GRRRR HYUK
I hate you forever now.
:)
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-22 06:38:23
December 22 2010 06:38 GMT
#18
I have to post this again
[image loading]

I have become a shine fan since i started playing zerg again . For the swarm dude hope you take these osl with you .
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
Lightwip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5497 Posts
December 22 2010 06:45 GMT
#19
I think Shine only exists to infuriate the living hell out of a lot of people.
Oh well, I just hope he gets out sooner or later. I'm not sure how many people can beat him though, honestly.
Oh and we're in danger of swarm season again.
If you are not Bisu, chances are I hate you.
Storm[PT]
Profile Joined March 2010
120 Posts
December 22 2010 06:46 GMT
#20
Hyuk, you just earned my respect. Forever.
Toss ftw; For the Revolutionist!
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 49m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 454
BRAT_OK 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32278
Bisu 2971
Shuttle 1753
Hyuk 1168
EffOrt 627
Mini 492
Larva 447
ZerO 354
Soma 333
firebathero 242
[ Show more ]
Zeus 120
hero 116
Sexy 66
Hyun 46
Last 43
Mong 40
Trap 38
Pusan 36
PianO 34
Killer 32
Bale 29
ToSsGirL 28
Aegong 27
Hm[arnc] 22
sorry 20
zelot 15
Terrorterran 14
Rock 12
Sacsri 10
JulyZerg 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 8
Dota 2
Gorgc7875
qojqva1768
Dendi979
Counter-Strike
fl0m2923
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1499
crisheroes998
Liquid`Hasu548
Lowko463
Other Games
singsing2115
B2W.Neo1263
Beastyqt504
Hui .219
Livibee213
Mlord154
Liquid`VortiX148
KnowMe110
ArmadaUGS104
elazer83
Mew2King81
CosmosSc2 21
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream65
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 31
• poizon28 25
• Adnapsc2 11
• mYiSmile111
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8826
• WagamamaTV268
League of Legends
• Jankos1977
Other Games
• Shiphtur170
Upcoming Events
FEL
49m
AI Arena Tournament
1h 49m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3h 49m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
18h 49m
INu's Battles
20h 49m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 18h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.